Photo

Signature Battles

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Poll: Signature Battles (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you be interested in bringing back Signature Battles, and would you participate either by competing or voting?

1. Hellyeahz (15 votes [93.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 93.75%

2. Nope (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Unsure (1 votes [6.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 MyCurse

MyCurse

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 22:07

Would really like to bring this back, it was so much fun and really helps in improving your skills as you get feedback from so many people...

For those who don't know, 2 artists pick a common render and then work on a signature. The 2 finished signatures are then posted on a thread anonymously and the community votes on which one it likes with a short reason.

Here are some I found: 

https://forums.hunte...ryn/?hl=mycurse

https://forums.hunte...y95/?hl=mycurse

https://forums.hunte...rse#entry733630

https://forums.hunte...rse#entry731196

https://forums.hunte...g battle voting

https://forums.hunte...g battle voting

Personally, if you're a new artist or even a veteran, this is one of the best ways to improve because of the critique en masse.

What do you guys think? Should we bring this back?

Edited by MyCurse, 03 May 2015 - 22:16.

#2 kisoku

kisoku

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 22:09

I wouild love to participate i don't ever get to make signatures and i think it would better my work to get to try new things or i may just end up with similar entries never know but its worth a shot for me personally.

o7Yo7oJ.png

#3 MyCurse

MyCurse

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 04:54

Yeah, signatures are a LOT more fun to make because you're not confined to a 200x200 canvas and render placement, lighting and other aesthetics matter a lot more than in avatars..

I'll just see where this poll goes, I know the graphics community is not half what it used to be 3-4 years ago but if there is sufficient interest it's going to be amazing.  :D

#4 Shiver

Shiver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 20:19

Agreed. I love making signatures, but only requests I get are for avatars and they turn out so cramped.

Right now I'm working on two painting commissions and a pixel art request though, but I'm sure I can find time to participate.

pers1_by_glitturrx-d8xb082.png

#5 donce4kill

donce4kill

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 May 2015 - 20:58

I'm not confident enough to participate myself but I'd really like to see this

#6 TreeFrog

TreeFrog

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,739 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 May 2015 - 21:42

I'm not confident enough to participate myself but I'd really like to see this

This is how you build confidence lol. I'm all for bringing it back. Those posts where a little trip down memory lane XD

Edited by TreeFrog, 04 May 2015 - 21:42.

#7 kisoku

kisoku

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 00:14

This is how you build confidence lol. I'm all for bringing it back. Those posts where a little trip down memory lane XD

I haven't seen your name in forever, Wow the trips. 

And im not cofidence either Donce but im going to participate. Because i want to get better.

o7Yo7oJ.png

#8 Pix3

Pix3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 12:51

Why are we even having this discussion? I challenge you, you, you and you to a sig battle. Unless you plan to start with sotw again, which i believe is a terrible idea, all we need is two people.Who ever is up for this please fill the you in my sentence with your name hypothetically. I am on a break from work and have been on a break from graphics for long. This shall be nice. 

Anybody up for this:

http://fc01.devianta...408-d61q4s9.png

?

Edited by Pix3, 05 May 2015 - 12:55.

#9 MyCurse

MyCurse

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 20:19

Why are we even having this discussion? I challenge you, you, you and you to a sig battle. Unless you plan to start with sotw again, which i believe is a terrible idea, all we need is two people.Who ever is up for this please fill the you in my sentence with your name hypothetically. I am on a break from work and have been on a break from graphics for long. This shall be nice. 

Anybody up for this:

http://fc01.devianta...408-d61q4s9.png

?

Nice render! I lost my mouse and will be buying a new one on friday so I can't compete this time  :(

Hope someone else accepts the challenge

*pokes all the artists*

#10 kisoku

kisoku

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 04:48

I accept the challenge. I will send my entry to you MyCurse. But i also want to wait for somebody else to accept this before i start. I want to make sure im not doing it to compete with myself. Though i know if any of these great artists step out of hiding i won't be the victor, Its worth a shot! :)

o7Yo7oJ.png

#11 Pix3

Pix3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 12:22

Kisoku, how it went back in the day was that whichever one completes our entry first can send it to the other and the other person can make the post when they complete their entry :) It's a lot more convenient that way. Everybody knows who the battle is between. They just don't know who made which piece ~ 

#12 MyCurse

MyCurse

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 15:57

I agree, just send your finished piece to Pix3 or vice versa and one of you can post the topic...

Actually treefrog used to organize these in the past, if you see the posts in my first reply all the threads are created by treefrog...but it's not a responsibility I'm comfortable with because my time in FS is like a timebomb, I'm here for now but I can go inactive for long periods of time without warning. 

So yeah - just post the topic yourselves lol. 
This thread can probably be used to initiate challenges.

#13 Chagryn

Chagryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:50

BrandSig_zpsf2e5098b.png

So who wants to buy me Zombie Brand on League of Legends? 

#14 Pix3

Pix3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 11:27

Since someone *ahem ahem* stole my last battle:

I challenge XYZ, for a battle:

The render:

http://planetrenders...axe2-png.71434/

I would prefer to keep it anonymous, I would like you to send me your entry once you are done with yours and i'll make a post about it.
The first person to accept and confirm the challenge on this post shall be the challenger :) 

#15 MyCurse

MyCurse

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 11:48

I'm in....DotA is more my thing man, now we're talking because League honestly..sucks..

I should have my sig ready soon.

Edited by MyCurse, 10 May 2015 - 11:48.

#16 mini100

mini100

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 02:19

Love the idea of bringing this back... If I have the time to get back into this and shake off my rust I will defiantly be up for some

Sorry but Photobucket decided to take down my Signature.

#17 mini100

mini100

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 01:04

So.... I might be down if anyone wants to battle..... Not sure how this works....

#18 Pix3

Pix3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 19:50

I think Kisoku was looking for a battle mini. Just post a render/stock on this thread and the first person to take up your challenge battles you. Decide amongst yourself who sends the entry to whom and who makes the post and if the entries are to be anonymous or any canvas size limitations :D 

I would have taken you up on the challenge but I am still waiting on Mycurse to send his entry in for the previous one. 

#19 kisoku

kisoku

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 23:05

I think Kisoku was looking for a battle mini. Just post a render/stock on this thread and the first person to take up your challenge battles you. Decide amongst yourself who sends the entry to whom and who makes the post and if the entries are to be anonymous or any canvas size limitations :D

I would have taken you up on the challenge but I am still waiting on Mycurse to send his entry in for the previous one. 

I do not do stock battles sadly ill do a render battle though :)

o7Yo7oJ.png

#20 mini100

mini100

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:30

Im down to do a render battle..... I have no renders... haha if you have one you want to do I would gladly do it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: