Photo

Trying to understand the new BB

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 WWWolf

WWWolf
  • United States of America

Posted 24 July 2015 - 13:26

First off, this is not intended as a rant - PLEASE  do not respond with any rants either.  I only want to fully understand the new system to give it a fair evaluation.

• How does the new Bounty system determine when to post a Bounty?

I know of players who have attacked hundreds of others with this new system and have over 1 million gold on their head and the system has yet to post a bounty.

• Am I correct in understanding that the new bounty system will only allow 1 bounty at a time on a player and the max a player can loose on a bounty is 3 levels?

I completely understand the logic of only allowing 1 at a time and tend to agree with this logic.

• In cases like I mentioned above where a player has attacked many players, when they finally do get their bounty posted, is that 1 bounty for all the hundreds of PvP attacks they have done or will it be broken up in to multiple bounties posted one after the next?

Personally, it doesn't seem fair for players to only get 1 bounty for attacking hundreds of players.  If this is the case, it's great news for my friends who love smacking players around in PvP but not so much for those who don't.

I want to give this new system a chance and understand things like this take time to stabolize to where players can fully understand how exactly it works. However, I am currently missing the old system as it was much simpler and straight forward.  Please help me to understand this system so I might grow to like it as well.

#2 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2015 - 13:35

Hi WWWolf, 

There will be indeed only 1 bounty posted by the automated system. However any gold added to this players head (via further attacks or by players adding the gold) while this bounty is in progress will increase the current post. Once this bounty is over however, if the bounty is over and done within 48 hours, players will be able to place more gold on this player, and once over the threashold (20,000 gold) they have another chance at being posted. So although it may end up as only 1 bounty there is certainly a chance at there being more than one. 

Hope this clarifies this for you.

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#3 Zorg

Zorg

Chief Technical Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2015 - 13:35

How does the new Bounty system determine when to post a Bounty?

It rolls a dice every minute against your chance of being posted, which is derived from the amount of gold on your head.

Am I correct in understanding that the new bounty system will only allow 1 bounty at a time on a player and the max a player can loose on a bounty is 3 levels?

You are correct, but the maximum they can lose is 3x normal XP loss which is 15% of a level per attack.

In cases like I mentioned above where a player has attacked many players, when they finally do get their bounty posted, is that 1 bounty for all the hundreds of PvP attacks they have done or will it be broken up in to multiple bounties posted one after the next?

It is a single bounty for all the attacks they have done. However, players they have attacked can continue to add gold to the players bounty for 48 hours even after that first bounty is cleared. Which could result in more than 1 bounty being posted.

~ Chief Technical Officer
Wayne 'Zorg' Robinson

#4 WWWolf

WWWolf

Posted 24 July 2015 - 13:53

Clear as mud :)

Remind me, what would be my reasoning for adding gold to a bounty?  I mean, if I add gold, isn't that supposed to increase the chances that the player will get their bounty posted?  And what is with this "20,000 gold" threashold?  I know of multiple players with over 1 million gold on their head who have yet to recieve a bounty.

At this point it appears like a waste of gold to add anything to a bounty as it doesn't really appear to do anything.

On a related side note, when those players with over 1 mil gold on their heads finally do get posted, those bounty hits sure are going to be worth a LOT of gold.  It seems only the Bounty Hunters will be benefitting from this new system but perhaps as time progresses maybe things will settle down a bit and balance out some...

#5 WWWolf

WWWolf

Posted 24 July 2015 - 15:47

Please correct me if I am wrong but as I understand the current system, if I wanted to attack just 1 player in PvP and took minimal XP and Gold from that player, I would still eventually have 1 bounty placed on my head.  If on the other hand, I wanted to attack 100 players taking as much Gold and XP as I could, I would still only get 1 bounty placed on my head and stand to loose no more than the 1 attack?  The only difference would be the ammount of gold my bounty was worth.

#6 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 17:21

Please correct me if I am wrong but as I understand the current system, if I wanted to attack just 1 player in PvP and took minimal XP and Gold from that player, I would still eventually have 1 bounty placed on my head.  If on the other hand, I wanted to attack 100 players taking as much Gold and XP as I could, I would still only get 1 bounty placed on my head and stand to loose no more than the 1 attack?  The only difference would be the ammount of gold my bounty was worth.

No, as it currently stands, players can continue to add money to your bounty even after your bounty has been cleared. This results in not just double jeopardy but actually as many bounties for a single hit as someone is willing to pay for in a 48 hour period. We've sent tickets with evidence of this but it hasn't been addressed yet. Now it's beginning to look like the cows intended it to be this way.
  • 3JS likes this

Screenshot everything!

#7 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2015 - 17:27

No, as it currently stands, players can continue to add money to your bounty even after your bounty has been cleared. This results in not just double jeopardy but actually as many bounties for a single hit as someone is willing to pay for in a 48 hour period. We've sent tickets with evidence of this but it hasn't been addressed yet. Now it's beginning to look like the cows intended it to be this way.

You can only add gold to the bounty once per attack within 48 hours of the attack happening. I just double checked this and it does look to be working correctly.

#8 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 17:35

Ok, for multiple targets it's working the way it was intended.

But lets say I've attacked a single player and took a lot of gold, I would be up for the hit (very likely), and after that the target can add more gold yo make me lose a lot more levels.

So, lets say, 1,5 levels for the hit bounty, 2,5 for the gold addition (1M gold from target).

So, with a single hit I can easily lost 4 levels or more...Am I right? I think that is way too much for a single hit.

#9 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2015 - 17:50

Ok, for multiple targets it's working the way it was intended.

But lets say I've attacked a single player and took a lot of gold, I would be up for the hit (very likely), and after that the target can add more gold yo make me lose a lot more levels.

So, lets say, 1,5 levels for the hit bounty, 2,5 for the gold addition (1M gold from target).

So, with a single hit I can easily lost 4 levels or more...Am I right? I think that is way too much for a single hit.

It would be 3 levels (or less) if this happened and I think it would be quite unlikely unless you stole a massive amount of gold, the bounty was posted then they also added a massive amount of gold to your Bounty Total. I don't think this is something that would happen very often to be honest.

#10 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 18:10

I don't think that also...But if this start to become common I'll let you all know so we can think on a fix.

#11 WWWolf

WWWolf

Posted 24 July 2015 - 19:56

It definitely appears like there is verry little difference if you hit 1 player or 100 - the # of levels you stand to loose is about the same.

I know a player that hit undreds of players and had over 1 million gold bounty on him.  When his bounty finally did post, bounty hunters got a nice price per hit and all said & done he lost about 2 levels.  I also know of other players who hit FAR less and took a much greater hit on the Bounty Board...

#12 Llamedos

Llamedos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 00:08

OK.....  so what happens if I opt out of the league and get smacked by an opted out player?

How can I place a bounty on that player?

#13 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 00:16

OK.....  so what happens if I opt out of the league and get smacked by an opted out player?

You can wait for the system posting it by luck (more gold they stole more probable he will be posted)

And you can add gold to his Bounty Total, which will make it more likely to get posted by the system.

Note: If the Bounty Total of the player is below 20K, he have no chance to get posted.

#14 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 00:17

....wow.....color me stumped...bit of a wet hedgehog that one

75rsm.gif

#15 Llamedos

Llamedos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 00:24

You can wait for the system posting it by luck (more gold they stole more probable he will be posted)

And you can add gold to his Bounty Total, which will make it more likely to get posted by the system.

Note: If the Bounty Total of the player is below 20K, he have no chance to get posted.

Oh well, a bit sad really, I was kinda hoping for something a little better than that...  basically it's just the same then.

So, just what is the point of opting out of the league then if everything is the same?

#16 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 00:26

Oh well, a bit sad really, I was kinda hoping for something a little better than that...  basically it's just the same then.

So, just what is the point of opting out of the league then if everything is the same?

If you opt-out on the PvP Season you'll not receive 'Rated Attacks' anymore.

#17 Llamedos

Llamedos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 00:32

If you opt-out on the PvP Season you'll not receive 'Rated Attacks' anymore.

But you can still take a kicking from lots of Opted Out players who only want gold and have no interest in the league and the only recourse is to wait for the BB lottery to come up or spend a butt load of gold in an attempt to get the "system" to place a bounty on them?

#18 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 00:36

But you can still take a kicking from lots of Opted Out players who only want gold and have no interest in the league and the only recourse is to wait for the BB lottery to come up or spend a butt load of gold in an attempt to get the "system" to place a bounty on them?

Yeap, exactly.

Even from opted-in players, they still can hit you by unranked attacks.

With the new system you can not be sure your bounty will be posted, even offering lots of gold.

#19 Llamedos

Llamedos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 00:45

Yeap, exactly.

Even from opted-in players, they still can hit you by unranked attacks.

With the new system you can not be sure your bounty will be posted, even offering lots of gold.

Hmm.....  not sure I really like those odds.

As much as I hate to admit it, I believe that after 7 years of playing FS I have eventually been pushed to a point that I need to consider where I go from here.

Thanks all, apreciate the replies.

#20 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 00:48

Hmm.....  not sure I really like those odds.

As much as I hate to admit it, I believe that after 7 years of playing FS I have eventually been pushed to a point that I need to consider where I go from here.

Thanks all, apreciate the replies.

You and a lot of others.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: