32 replies to this topic

#1 Cat Girl IRL

Cat Girl IRL

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:54

Fallensword is improving all time, maybe slowly but its moving on. There is all the time coming new items and such to over run old items.

There is aspect of nomading this game that includes atleast for some players not donating. One who plays this custom these days cannot create fortune from nothing or so. So they cannot bestow arena gear that is a must these days to compete.

This idea is simple: Add sorting button in arena and add in some arenas that can be sort by item rarity allowed. You do not need to add it to all arenas, I don't think that many would like that. But in maybe 10%-30% of arenas text that implys following:

EPIC: All items allowed
Crystalline: All but epic items allowed
Legendary: All but epic and crystalline items allowed
Unique: All but epic, crystalline and legendary items allowed
Rare: Only rare and common items allowed
Common: Only common items allowed

That might help new players who are interested in the arena also to get more interested, cause they do not need to buy 100 bp slots and then that 100 slots full of legendary crystalline and epic gear that is fully forged and perfect and cost 500$.

Also I would lastly want to point out, that im not gonna play arena, even if this comes on. It would help me, so I figure it would help other people too. Please give this feedback and support. Tho if its stupid and useless idea I don't want to see any unreasonable comments over it, instead I would like to see appropriate material. Thank you.

#2 2good4u222

2good4u222

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:25

Fallensword is improving all time, maybe slowly but its moving on. There is all the time coming new items and such to over run old items.

There is aspect of nomading this game that includes atleast for some players not donating. One who plays this custom these days cannot create fortune from nothing or so. So they cannot bestow arena gear that is a must these days to compete.

This idea is simple: Add sorting button in arena and add in some arenas that can be sort by item rarity allowed. You do not need to add it to all arenas, I don't think that many would like that. But in maybe 10%-30% of arenas text that implys following:

EPIC: All items allowed
Crystalline: All but epic items allowed
Legendary: All but epic and crystalline items allowed
Unique: All but epic, crystalline and legendary items allowed
Rare: Only rare and common items allowed
Common: Only common items allowed

That might help new players who are interested in the arena also to get more interested, cause they do not need to buy 100 bp slots and then that 100 slots full of legendary crystalline and epic gear that is fully forged and perfect and cost 500$.

Also I would lastly want to point out, that im not gonna play arena, even if this comes on. It would help me, so I figure it would help other people too. Please give this feedback and support. Tho if its stupid and useless idea I don't want to see any unreasonable comments over it, instead I would like to see appropriate material. Thank you.

This idea has been put forth before by various players. It is a good idea and may encourage the use and economic growth in terms of desirable common/uncommon items that were previously, to put it lightly, completely and utterly useless.

However, the Arena has and always will be an elitist society. Once everyone has the best common/uncommon etc gear, the new players will still be at a disadvantage due to not acquiring the ''best'' gear. Then hell forging, crafting even comes into play.

The point is, those who can afford the best gear have the best chance at winning, and rightfully so. Adding new restrictions will only, in some ways, broaden the gap.

Just me 2cents, though.

#3 Cat Girl IRL

Cat Girl IRL

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 21:31

I never realised this idea had been proposed before, but I gues so that even this game has evolved far enough to find little new things to propose without adding material into the game.

Some arenas do not allow forging, and most common and rare items are uncraftable. So you could form really cheap sets on some level ranges.

Edit: Also, I am residing in a guild that has most gear of the arena gear in the game. I still have not won 1 arena here, though I've entered many. Arena does not only come down into the gear, also experimenting and experience has lot to do with it. Combat moves has little to do with gear (generally atleast) and also I know people using gear that isnt in best condition to win. It requires lot more than gear, but gear is the main issue for most players. Me myself lack motivation to start calculating and experimenting so its not up to me this update.

If one could forge a starting path some way in arena, they might be more interested proceed in harder arenas and making more competition. There seem to be this top 250 winning the most arenas at the moment, if it was wider it might come even harder to win, but atleast everyone had the chanche to start making their way and we might even have new 1 nr someday.

EDIT 2: Spelling.

#4 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 00:04

This is so complicated to do... maybe just some tourneys allow everything except Epics,LE, and SE's

And if players complain about forging gear being pricey..well Forges dont make sense in arena tho variance covers the difference between non forged and forged stats ;-) you would know if you saw my old thread about it

#5 Cat Girl IRL

Cat Girl IRL

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:14

Would that really be complicated? I don't understand anything of making this game so I wouldn't know. Anyhow you say Epics, LE and SE's that's improvement also. Why not.

#6 2good4u222

2good4u222

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:15

Would that really be complicated? I don't understand anything of making this game so I wouldn't know. Anyhow you say Epics, LE and SE's that's improvement also. Why not.

Coding nightmare I'd imagine. I think LE/SE brackets are possible. but it is all up to HCS, really.

#7 Cat Girl IRL

Cat Girl IRL

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 15:45

Aren't items aligned by their class in the code somehow that you can do it with few lines? IE if some items line was "sadasgdsaha.ammerof.thedeep.legendaryalias" isn't it enough just to make it outclude item lines wich does not include in wanted rarity? Well as I said I have no clue.

Also, the support of the idea does matter for hcs, though hcs could just reply not gonna happen if it aint.

I am good at inventing idea's but im very poor idealising the pros and cons, so that's why I kind of crave some feedback. Also I wouldnt mind seeing a thread that is denied by hcs in this matter, cause that would also give me a hint where it is falling if it is.

#8 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 16:20

Aren't items aligned by their class in the code somehow that you can do it with few lines? IE if some items line was "sadasgdsaha.ammerof.thedeep.legendaryalias" isn't it enough just to make it outclude item lines wich does not include in wanted rarity? Well as I said I have no clue.

Also, the support of the idea does matter for hcs, though hcs could just reply not gonna happen if it aint.

I am good at inventing idea's but im very poor idealising the pros and cons, so that's why I kind of crave some feedback. Also I wouldnt mind seeing a thread that is denied by hcs in this matter, cause that would also give me a hint where it is falling if it is.

Its complicated not just for HCs but for players that they have to get all items and combat sets
theres tons of common items in game its boring to keep switching 1 common item with other common item

#9 Cat Girl IRL

Cat Girl IRL

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 19:27

Its complicated not just for HCs but for players that they have to get all items and combat sets
theres tons of common items in game its boring to keep switching 1 common item with other common item

No, rather the point is not that someone can be able to dominate all arena level ranges, but to divide it so that one cant simply cover all areas. It is still possible though, you can upgrade so many slots and co operate with other players and guild.

What this thing would create, would be way more wide in choosing ones range. How ever like novice arenas, you could propably also see to the prizing. If arena that allows all items and arena that allow only common items would be put in comparison, would it be in any righteous mind be reasonable to have the same outcome in prize?

Yes it is complicated, but as there many many many arena champions and still tons of players playing this game, it would open the arena aspect for new champions significantly. Also unless the arenas available were increased, it would also slow down arena progress for many players, but that is ofcourse the outcome when there will be more winners. Like titan hunting for example.

I would like you shindrak especially give your thoughts so that you disregard the work involved for HCS completely. As you are long involved in many business considering arena in long term, you are propably one of the best to give some ideas that will create more pro's and les con's. Well that is how I like to see it.

#10 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 19:57

No, rather the point is not that someone can be able to dominate all arena level ranges, but to divide it so that one cant simply cover all areas. It is still possible though, you can upgrade so many slots and co operate with other players and guild.

What this thing would create, would be way more wide in choosing ones range. How ever like novice arenas, you could propably also see to the prizing. If arena that allows all items and arena that allow only common items would be put in comparison, would it be in any righteous mind be reasonable to have the same outcome in prize?

Yes it is complicated, but as there many many many arena champions and still tons of players playing this game, it would open the arena aspect for new champions significantly. Also unless the arenas available were increased, it would also slow down arena progress for many players, but that is ofcourse the outcome when there will be more winners. Like titan hunting for example.

I would like you shindrak especially give your thoughts so that you disregard the work involved for HCS completely. As you are long involved in many business considering arena in long term, you are propably one of the best to give some ideas that will create more pro's and les con's. Well that is how I like to see it.

If someone dominate arena that isn't a problem because he/she worked hard to get there ;)
i said many times every noob meet a pros and learning to get better and better

I suggested "Arena tokens" idea to encourage players who keep losing many finals not to give up and atleast try to reach final ...

#11 Cat Girl IRL

Cat Girl IRL

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:29

What are these arena tokens? =) I usually reach the final almost every arena I take is final and propably 95% is loss at that point. Yes I have taken quite a bit arenas aswell at some point.

#12 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:22

What are these arena tokens? =) I usually reach the final almost every arena I take is final and propably 95% is loss at that point. Yes I have taken quite a bit arenas aswell at some point.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=107637

#13 Splash

Splash

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:28

Adding common/rare/unique only arenas - +1

If it is gone about the right way, I don't think it would be that hard to implement.

E.g: There are the 'Novice' and 'Standard' tabs. Simply add another one with tournaments that only allow common/rare/unique items. Exactly the same as the others with 'Specials' and 'Hell forge' options as well.

#14 Cat Girl IRL

Cat Girl IRL

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 20:52

Alright "Arena tokens" sound fine by me.

If both ideas were implimented, each idea could add variations to each other.

Well ddrmaax actually proposed idea that is similar just now, but much more simpler to work in. I like it.

I do not know how to go forth now. Any ideas? While this is just a seed of an idea, it could really grow into ripe fruit to collect, am I rite?

#15 2good4u222

2good4u222

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:24

There have been many ideas, however they fall on deafened ears, and bias minds

#16 Cat Girl IRL

Cat Girl IRL

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:41

I understand. Its always though upto the attention thread is given, how much it will wake attention in hcs side, I think. Also often the starter of the thread effects if one has suggested good ideas before that has lead into modification of the game.

Just too few players seem to take the forums and show interest into alls posts.

#17 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:58

i think its a double edged sword, it could bring more people to the arena BUT thatd then spread players over the arena thinner trying new areas and if then some of those that try it then give up again after still running into those with experience you could see the arena go even slower.

#18 Cat Girl IRL

Cat Girl IRL

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 15:18

i think its a double edged sword, it could bring more people to the arena BUT thatd then spread players over the arena thinner trying new areas and if then some of those that try it then give up again after still running into those with experience you could see the arena go even slower.

That is a matter I've completely ignored. If that is issue, by all means the basic of what I suggested would slow arenas down. What shindrak suggests, should make it more rapid by making the arena "nicer" for some. Anyhow, I needs to give a better thought for it.

About tokens, in finals, if you win the arena as an ordinary current moment champion, you would gain even more benefits. I do not know right away if that is for good in reality. Since if arena champs and others gain same prize of diffrerent value, the same part will pretty quickly lose its value, don't you think? I mean even the new arena prizes values go down pretty quick. (Atleast what I remember.)

#19 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 17:53

That is a matter I've completely ignored. If that is issue, by all means the basic of what I suggested would slow arenas down. What shindrak suggests, should make it more rapid by making the arena "nicer" for some. Anyhow, I needs to give a better thought for it.

About tokens, in finals, if you win the arena as an ordinary current moment champion, you would gain even more benefits. I do not know right away if that is for good in reality. Since if arena champs and others gain same prize of diffrerent value, the same part will pretty quickly lose its value, don't you think? I mean even the new arena prizes values go down pretty quick. (Atleast what I remember.)

Why would you care if arena champion get more benefit when you can get benefit ?...
better work for yourself to get these benefits and never look at others if they get more or less because you can use everything they use...
Arena tokens only to keep players away from frustrating noobs or pros and keep them playing to keep it active, i know some players with thousands of wins cant win anymore and some of them quit cuz of frustration ;)

I'm not sure why some players still think there's arena champions dominate arena ... im only getting 5-10-20 wins a day depends on how many i join . theres players with low arena wins much more ... you cant have same luck every day

#20 Cat Girl IRL

Cat Girl IRL

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 18:20

You are right, but I get 1 win/week when I spend 30 minutes/setup 10 arenas day. lol.

Also the point is not to envy that the arena championgets more benefit, rather that it will stomp the value of the benefit to ground. No one else, but the champions will gain these tokens fast. Atleast they gain it at double spade compared to everyone else and stomp the value before anyone else can get any use out of it, unless ofcourse it is something that benefits players other areas, though that way it wouldn't allow player to maintain arena play by that, wich is another reason many players try and quit. They don't win, they don't gain anything, they spend their property and run out with mere number in arena victory wich by itself means less than nothing to most people.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: