Photo

Prophet Build

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 Tidus

Tidus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:55

I'm going to respec my dps mage tomorrow but not sure what talents to pick and how to distribute my stats.  Someone knowledgeable please show me a build (post update)  and give me some pointers on being a healer.

#2 Bryn

Bryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:59

hard to say, still testing after all the nerfs...

Bryn -  Prophet - lvl 45

Ullr -   Ranger -   lvl 32

Thud - Warrior - lvl 16

Payn -  Templar - lvl 16

Jinx -  Mage -      lvl 10

__________________________________________________________________________________

Foraging - 45 | Farming - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Skinning - 34 | Fishing - 45 | Crystal - 45

Alchemy - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Tailoring - 9 | Leather - 9

#3 Bryn

Bryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 February 2014 - 14:40

This is what I am currently running...

Prophet
2    Beacon of Light - for personal mana regeneration
2    Focused Healing - cheap healing bonus
2    Lasting Supplication - already paid for Benediction, so might as well use it
2    Empowered Healing - haste is a must
2    Think Fast - more chance of haste
1    Enlighten - insignificant mana regen, but better than nothing.. :(
2    Everything the Light Touches - needed to spend 2 points to get Snowfall, so i put them here
1    Dogma - good individual ally healing
1    Body and Soul - good for keeping your tank's mana up and occasionally on your other allies too
3    Sanctuary - damage reduction for Redemption buff is a must
3    Deliverance - healing bonus for Redemption is nice to have
1    Crimson Chain - this is the go-to group heal with the next two talents
1    Meditation
1    Crimson Power
1    Pacifist - some tanks are still having issues holding aggro...
2    Divine Intervention - the other bonus for Benediction
1    Dark Prayer - good backup group heal; as a bonus, it works on all allies in range during World Boss fights
2    Purification - finally some damage bonus for soloing :)
1    Snowfall - channel time sucks, but group mana regen is probably a must

Mage
3    Mental Agility - haste is a must
2    Focused Mind - not sure if it was worth it, but I put points here to increase my chance of Think Fast activating

Bryn -  Prophet - lvl 45

Ullr -   Ranger -   lvl 32

Thud - Warrior - lvl 16

Payn -  Templar - lvl 16

Jinx -  Mage -      lvl 10

__________________________________________________________________________________

Foraging - 45 | Farming - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Skinning - 34 | Fishing - 45 | Crystal - 45

Alchemy - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Tailoring - 9 | Leather - 9

#4 SirWolverine

SirWolverine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 00:27

I keep trying to find some information on better prophet builts, but I keep running into the same posts. I feel that by now there should be some experienced players that are Prophets. It will be nice for some insights on skills, tactics and other essentials for this class. Also, please make suggestions for a FULL Prophet, not hybrids. :)

Wolverine 狼

#5 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:24

1    Body and Soul - good for keeping your tank's mana up and occasionally on your other allies too
3    Sanctuary - damage reduction for Redemption buff is a must

1    Pacifist - some tanks are still having issues holding aggro...

body and soul boosts mana regen by 80% the tank and dps classes mana ragen is 5 points per second during combat that means the point in this is giving them 3 mana per second.... it is totaly not worth it imo.... 

Sanctuary again i dont use i dont even use redemption at all... imo its not worth the mana most the time... tanks dmg reduction skills, your snow fall, benediction, blinds.... they are all plenty dmg reduction and the way reductions work is the higher reduction reduces first then the next one reduces what is left after the first reduction and so on... so it's not really helpful to stack reductions....  skip sanctuary and get better heals....

pacafist.... i'ld strongly suggest trading this for radiance...  first off one of the tanks main skills is empathy and healers generate the most threat in game.. so tank putting empathy on a healer = a GREAT threat sorce why reduce that? i have 0 points in pacafist and if tank empathy's me he holds 100% agro (aslong as i cast my high threat skills while empathy is up)  instead get radiance it is a multi purpose tool  it can be used when you want/need so lets your tank still generate threat and it can stun mobs if you get into trouble that helps a lot....   not to mention that 25% reduction is 25% reduction regardless if it's per cast or total threat... so it does the same.

my CURRENT build 

http://talenttheory....B1C1H1J2K1L2V1/

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#6 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:47

should note that i do actualy want to move a little bit around... get ancestral spirit now maybe change just a tad more... but it's small personal changes (things you should do yourself after looking over the build)

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#7 Malshun

Malshun

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:51

http://talenttheory....H1I1J2K1L2Q1V1/

Here's my build. I can drop a bene, add a ancestral spirit and focus on killing for a stretch by just making sure I'm in good position for crimson chain. CC's give manalized and beacon of light stacks for mana regeneration.

Edited by Malshun, 24 March 2014 - 05:54.

#8 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:11

http://talenttheory....H1I1J2K1L2Q1V1/

Here's my build. I can drop a bene, add a ancestral spirit and focus on killing for a stretch by just making sure I'm in good position for crimson chain. CC's give manalized and beacon of light stacks for mana regeneration.

decent build, but manalized at 80% mana regen increase translates into like 2-3mana per second for ppl... to me its hardly worth a point in.  same with becon of light though it stacking is more helpful for you at 120% mana regen makes it +15 mana persecond (ish) still isn't worth the point.   with snowfalls well timed (i cast it as soon as empathy is off then again each time its off CD) and maybe 1 pot i never ran out of mana.  and as i said with pacafist you're not allowing your tank to generate as much threat with empathy off you so mages dragon breath and rangers can still pull.  

so really that 4 points you could move around if you want :)

also note i went with ancestral spirit after posting the above too it and a tank with heal on hit = a lot of freedom to help dps :)

oh also i dont use healers resolve or force of nature neither i find are needed and that allowed me to go 3 more into mage for the dps increase :)  sense i'm able to be help dps'ing....  though with casting dps spells a lot i do start to need a little mana so thinking at lvl 41 i'll go one into essence of magic

Edited by awollsd, 24 March 2014 - 05:14.

#9 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 16:00

Here is my prophet build: http://talenttheory....G3H1I1J2K1L2V1/

On mana regen, none of the mana regen talents are very good, so I pick the minimal amount. Enlighten is not good, but provides your allies with some basic amount of regen.  You will not be healing 100% of the time, so Essence of Magic is all the mana regen you need.

On threat, you are the 2nd most important person in the 5 person party, you should be more concerned about keeping yourself alive, than helping the templar generate threat.  Pacifist is good.  Sanctuary is good because damage prevention is better than healing in that regard.

Typically, you're throwing out benediction, snowfall, ancestral spirit as often as possible. Besides that, keeping Redemption on the tank. Dogma as necessary.  Crimson chain/Dark Prayer as necessary.  You normally have lots of time to auto-attack to regenerate mana. Emergency cauterize occasionally.

With the mana regen from Essence of Magic, you could also drop Healer's Resolve for either Flash of Light or Think Fast.

#10 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 18:45

On threat, you are the 2nd most important person in the 5 person party, you should be more concerned about keeping yourself alive, than helping the templar generate threat.  Pacifist is good.  Sanctuary is good because damage prevention is better than healing in that regard.

why worry more about keeping yourself alive than helping the tank keep EVERYONE alive?

also

Radiance = instant 25% threat reduction of your total threat + 2 second stun

Pacafist = 25% threat reduction from eacg cast 

so say 10 casts each generate 100 points of threat... with pacifist that would = 750 points of threat

without pacifist = 1,000 pop radiance for 25% reduction = 750 points of threat..... + 2 second stun

so in the end both talents will reduce your threat by the same amount but radiance can be used when you want to use + can stun mobs....  i dont see why anyone would choose pacafist over radiance :) so yeah let your tank generate threat off you, you can still pop instant cast radiance any time you might need (though if tank generated threat off you then no way you'ld need as then he's holding 100% agro) 

i totaly agree with your mana comments though at lvl 41 dropping over to mage and adding 1-2 points into essence of magic is the way to go for that.

#11 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 19:12

why worry more about keeping yourself alive than helping the tank keep EVERYONE alive?

also

Radiance = instant 25% threat reduction of your total threat + 2 second stun

Pacafist = 25% threat reduction from eacg cast 

so say 10 casts each generate 100 points of threat... with pacifist that would = 750 points of threat

without pacifist = 1,000 pop radiance for 25% reduction = 750 points of threat..... + 2 second stun

so in the end both talents will reduce your threat by the same amount but radiance can be used when you want to use + can stun mobs....  i dont see why anyone would choose pacafist over radiance :) so yeah let your tank generate threat off you, you can still pop instant cast radiance any time you might need (though if tank generated threat off you then no way you'ld need as then he's holding 100% agro) 

Probably right on Radiance vs Pacifist, but take both then.

Regarding threat, this is very dependent on specific people.  The better geared the tank is, the less threat you will be generating, because the tank is getting damaged less, so there is less healing going on.  In that case, the tank is better off Empathing the 'best' DPS, rather than the prophet.

#12 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 20:09

eh the radiance it's self is plenty to keep you safe :)

just respecced back to healer today (went mage for a while to help someone aoe grind) and current full buffed stats are  12k healing power 1426 dps and with talent procs 70% haste and 40 % crit and any half decent tank using empathy can hold 100% on bosses when they just using taunt i can sometimes pull them but i kinda have to try to and then pop radiance and it instantly turns back around to tank

only time i use radiance is when i'm playing around i'll run and pull extra mobs after tank stops bring them back to tank and pop radiance for the stun so tank has them 2 seconds to get them

i supose it could also take into account play style/personal skill level but it was tidus asking i'm certain he'll be fine :)

#13 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:04

eh the radiance it's self is plenty to keep you safe :)

just respecced back to healer today (went mage for a while to help someone aoe grind) and current full buffed stats are  12k healing power 1426 dps and with talent procs 70% haste and 40 % crit and any half decent tank using empathy can hold 100% on bosses when they just using taunt i can sometimes pull them but i kinda have to try to and then pop radiance and it instantly turns back around to tank

only time i use radiance is when i'm playing around i'll run and pull extra mobs after tank stops bring them back to tank and pop radiance for the stun so tank has them 2 seconds to get them

i supose it could also take into account play style/personal skill level but it was tidus asking i'm certain he'll be fine :)

It took me a while to get used to empathy but now i know.

as soon i see empathy i spam bene/crimson/dark prayer/dogma, and all is good

Still how the heck do you get 70%haste i have all the haste talents, haste essence, haste staff, i still have my TR set in the bank and missing the leggings(14relics to go) but i have 48% haste is the tr set giving me that much sorcery to reach that haste? 

Edited by Susej, 25 March 2014 - 08:05.

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#14 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:54

Still how the heck do you get 70%haste i have all the haste talents, haste essence, haste staff, i still have my TR set in the bank and missing the leggings(14relics to go) but i have 48% haste is the tr set giving me that much sorcery to reach that haste? 

I'm assuming awol's talking about while Think Fast (and the Assassin buff) are active.  That's worth 15%.  Do you have the double haste staff?  And you also could have less than perfect haste rolls, a perfect haste roll could be worth 1 to 1.5% more haste than a bottom haste roll.

#15 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 13:17

Yes my staff does not have a double haste roll, must be that

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here