94 replies to this topic

#81 artistgorn

artistgorn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 22:56

I meants i could actually vote and help some guys to stay in.....if that's allowed

Sxr2pU.png

#82 WarQueen

WarQueen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 October 2013 - 00:19

I'm open to suggestions. The next round isn't for nearly a week so if there's something that can be done to make the rest of the GGT go smoother, I'm all ears. Or eyes. You know what I mean. lol

Should I changed it to where only the 2 lowests scores are elinated per round? That would make the GGT last quite awhile.

Are the majority of you able to stick a GGT out for that long? If not, then perhaps the group elimation way should stay as it is?

WarQueenSig1_zpsfe2b03d4.png

#83 ghetoghost

ghetoghost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 00:35

We started with 14, now 8. If it continues in a pattern then we'll have 4, then 2, lastly the winner. I feel like thats a quick tournament; even though it will most likely take a month or so. Eight artist are remaining, i like your idea of the 2 lowest scores should be eliminated

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Live. Love. Learn. Die. ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Are you an artist? Want to be listed as one under the Artist Directory; click here

#84 jsustin212

jsustin212

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,554 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:06

So we got voted per group and the winner of each group continues on? Crap. Was hoping the one with the least points would be knocked out overall. I just had to go against jsus. :P Go get em' bro! 

it was a close round, i was worried XD

jsus_zpsa8d5d247.png

#85 jsustin212

jsustin212

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,554 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:07

I'm open to suggestions. The next round isn't for nearly a week so if there's something that can be done to make the rest of the GGT go smoother, I'm all ears. Or eyes. You know what I mean. lol

Should I changed it to where only the 2 lowests scores are elinated per round? That would make the GGT last quite awhile.

Are the majority of you able to stick a GGT out for that long? If not, then perhaps the group elimation way should stay as it is?

im able to stick it out, i have weekends off work so i can get it done then.... hopfully

jsus_zpsa8d5d247.png

#86 zeder

zeder

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:15

Should I changed it to where only the 2 lowest scores are eliminated per round? That would make the GGT last quite awhile.

Are the majority of you able to stick a GGT out for that long? If not, then perhaps the group elimination way should stay as it is?

While I am elated that I made it to the 2nd round......(shocked actually), I think it should be the lowest 2 scores over-all be eliminated from going to the next round. If it happens to be me...... so be it....

Edited by zeder, 30 October 2013 - 02:16.

ZederGift_zpsa47e7c25.png by Chagryn

#87 Patnov

Patnov

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:27

I don't think you should change it in the second round, you would lose credibility... It wouldn't be fair, I was 8th overall, with a pretty good score (148.5) and I was eliminated...

Patnovsig.png

Sig By DMR > Thx Dear, i love it!

#88 GFXGUYHALO

GFXGUYHALO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 14:24

Congratz to the winners

halo2sig_zps13687e76.png

Check out my Graphics Shop:

http://forums.hunted...showtopic=58996

#89 WarQueen

WarQueen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 October 2013 - 19:16

I don't think you should change it in the second round, you would lose credibility... It wouldn't be fair, I was 8th overall, with a pretty good score (148.5) and I was eliminated...

How would I lose credibility for wanting to get things straightened out? :(

Nearly everyone has nitpicked how the GGT should go. I'm trying to find a balance here. I want it to go smoothly but every time, there's someone who gets bent out of shape on how it should be done. ARGH!!
No wonder none of the previous hosts wanted to do it again. :/

#90 Crzy

Crzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 30 October 2013 - 20:33

I say keep doing it as is but when you get down to the final 4, change up the way the tournament is run. No more 1v1, change it to a group battle between all 4 remaining artists. Then to make sure the tournament lasts a little while longer, do 2-3 sub-rounds and add up all of those votes to determine the final 2.

So Round 2 is 1v1 still. Round 3 is a group battle with 3 themes and the votes get tallied to determine the final 2 people. Final round could also be multi-themed and most votes wins.

qu29_zpsff77e35f.png

^^Sig by the awesome ArtistGorn!^^^

#91 ghetoghost

ghetoghost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 22:26

CQ, you're the host. You run this thing. You can do whatever you want. It's impossible to make everyone happy, even with the best possible solution people will find a way to be unhappy. So, run it as you wish!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Live. Love. Learn. Die. ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Are you an artist? Want to be listed as one under the Artist Directory; click here

#92 Patnov

Patnov

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 23:28

Gheto is right... It's your contest... so do as you please, and the rest will follow...

Patnovsig.png

Sig By DMR > Thx Dear, i love it!

#93 Roan

Roan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 October 2013 - 23:46

Last time it was ran it was the same bracket system with the 15 points to allow between 2 person.

But at the end, 2 people were eliminated per round (if I recall well).

I found that interesting enough as it made more rounds, more themes, more graphics.

But as other have stated. You're the host, you chose. 

No hard feelings here, just  trying to help out.

Firesinged_zpsd6b00c6e.png

#94 artistgorn

artistgorn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:18

Let her do it and see how it goes. Tournament doesn't have to be long or short.....

Sxr2pU.png

#95 WarQueen

WarQueen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:40

You're all wrong on 1 point... It's not MY contest. ;)

It's OUR contest. The GGT requires participation from everyone for it to be a success. :D

I updated info for the GGT on the Round 2 thread. http://forums.hunted...showtopic=59139

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: