• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Rinnion

Rinnion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 16:03

If not an auction house, then an easier way to sell goods to other players rather than just shouting in chat all day for trade. I've always loved player shops and the fact you have to leave your character afk while people come look in your shop. Feels more like roleplay. I love to see a crowded area full of shops and people purchasing things. It's fun

What do you think?

#2 SirTharak

SirTharak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 16:20

Good idea. I'd like it too.

#3 Morphem

Morphem

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 16:27

Player housing , player farms, guild castles & player shops

Now that would be RP nirvana

#4 Dalski

Dalski

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 16:41

An entire "Player" city would be pretty awesome.  Housing District, Guild District, Market District, but all run mostly by players.

#5 iPlayNaked

iPlayNaked

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 16:44

The afk shop system would be great. It would save me so much time.

Need a Guild?

Genesis : Open recruiting limited time!

:)  http://forums.hunted...showtopic=61690  :D

#6 Hennessey

Hennessey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 18:02

all of the above please

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=F48m8w4NrsY

Dat hXc doe 

ITS A HOLIDAY IN CAMBODIA 

#7 Rinnion

Rinnion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 18:22

An entire "Player" city would be pretty awesome.  Housing District, Guild District, Market District, but all run mostly by players.

I think having little villages with 10 or more player houses and a few npc dotted around would be cool. Be cool if you could save up and buy a plot/house in the village, choose colour of the room and design of the house. There could be like a portal which leads to these little villages

#8 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 January 2014 - 18:27

Don't care much about the Housing.... But player run shops would be nice.... Not sure just how they would work?? If there maybe would have to be some type of Tax on the sales or not???

#9 Rinnion

Rinnion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 18:29

Don't care much about the Housing.... But player run shops would be nice.... Not sure just how they would work?? If there maybe would have to be some type of Tax on the sales or not???

Maybe everytime you open up your stall it costs some silver??

#10 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 January 2014 - 18:33

Maybe everytime you open up your stall it costs some silver??

Not sure some games I play have a listing fee for the AH and then a fee on the money a item sold for... But those also have a base item cost.. Would be hard to say. But I do like the basic idea.. Lets hope some others can add some ideas here.. I think it really is a good concept.. 

#11 Rinnion

Rinnion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 18:43

Not sure some games I play have a listing fee for the AH and then a fee on the money a item sold for... But those also have a base item cost..

you could implement that idea into the game with a 10% listing fee of however much you list the item for.

#12 Voolf

Voolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:23

The ability to open your own shop with your loot and goods you crafted is what makes the game even greater. I would love that.

It would develop real economy to the game and help buy/sell item more often then shouting all the time in world chat.

There is no need to pay anything to open shop. It is kinda ridiculous. the idea of paying in AH is that you post an item for 2-3 days and can go do whatever you want. But here you actually have to go afk because you lock your character.

One more thing. People should not be able to open shops all aroud the town whereever they pleased too. Usualy it end like 100 ppl is vendoring in one place. First you cant go through because instead of clicking the ground you click someones vendor's bubble/characher. Second, its chaos all aroud and while checking shops you dont remember do you already check that one or not.

So what i suggest is to make a vendor district in towns where players can open they shops, or better idea allow players to open shops along sidewalks only next to each other. That way people always can walk freely through streets without problem and by the way check what is to buy. No chaos, nice trading system, no awful AH.

#13 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:22

The ability to open your own shop with your loot and goods you crafted is what makes the game even greater. I would love that.

It would develop real economy to the game and help buy/sell item more often then shouting all the time in world chat.

There is no need to pay anything to open shop. It is kinda ridiculous. the idea of paying in AH is that you post an item for 2-3 days and can go do whatever you want. But here you actually have to go afk because you lock your character.

One more thing. People should not be able to open shops all aroud the town whereever they pleased too. Usualy it end like 100 ppl is vendoring in one place. First you cant go through because instead of clicking the ground you click someones vendor's bubble/characher. Second, its chaos all aroud and while checking shops you dont remember do you already check that one or not.

So what i suggest is to make a vendor district in towns where players can open they shops, or better idea allow players to open shops along sidewalks only next to each other. That way people always can walk freely through streets without problem and by the way check what is to buy. No chaos, nice trading system, no awful AH.

The way I am seeing the idea is to have a shop that is not attended... Not to have to stand around and sell stuff.. Put it in the shop and go about what you want to do.. Thus the fee or tax.... And I am sure one day there will be a AH system... But i would rather have the shops I think it would be more fun...

#14 Lagenia

Lagenia

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:28

listing fees would just go to global chat trades again ... as noone wants so loose on money :)

5700658DHjpT.png

6 x Level 40, 8 to go

#15 Voolf

Voolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:28

So basicly what you are talking about is AH. To me it destroys the game flavour

#16 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 January 2014 - 15:27

So basicly what you are talking about is AH. To me it destroys the game flavour

No each player has a bit of some thing they can customize a bit... And if you think it destroys the Game flavor sorry but I happen to think it would be fun... 

listing fees would just go to global chat trades again ... as noone wants so loose on money

Well maybe you rather spend all the time looking at Chat.. I don't and a small fee to me is worth it.. So I don't have to see Chat spammed with it... But I guess we all have different likes... 

#17 Voolf

Voolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 18:34

No each player has a bit of some thing they can customize a bit... And if you think it destroys the Game flavor sorry but I happen to think it would be fun... 

Cant clearly see your way of that "shops", so maybe i misjudge it with common AH. Obviously everyone has its own idea. Whatever they would implement, everything is better than shouting in world chat.

#18 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 January 2014 - 18:45

Cant clearly see your way of that "shops", so maybe i misjudge it with common AH. Obviously everyone has its own idea. Whatever they would implement, everything is better than shouting in world chat.

Feel free to maybe add some ideas of how you may like it to be... I just think it may add some spark to things.. Not sure how it would or should work... I am not hard set on it for sure... It may be the dumbest idea I ever had.. But HCS does listen to the Masses....LoL

#19 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 18:54

personaly i perfer auction houses over player shops. generaly player shops is a game full of afk players actings as stalls... it becomes rediculouse. but sounds like this sugestion is each player can purchase? earn? just have? an actualy npc shop that they can stock with their own items???

sounds interesting 

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#20 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 January 2014 - 19:03

personaly i perfer auction houses over player shops. generaly player shops is a game full of afk players actings as stalls... it becomes rediculouse. but sounds like this sugestion is each player can purchase? earn? just have? an actualy npc shop that they can stock with their own items???

sounds interesting 

Yes is sort of how I was thinking just some thing to add variety... Maybe other have ideas I really don't know it all here... Also thinking maybe not so much in the City there are a lot of open areas in the game... 

Edited by Shylark57, 13 January 2014 - 19:04.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: