Guild Management Difficulties !!

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

Poll: Is this Guide useful ? (38 member(s) have cast votes)

Is this Guide useful ?

1. Voted Yes !! Now im aware how hard guild management is !! (55 votes [77.46%])

Percentage of vote: 77.46%

2. No !! I need more in-depth explanation !! (O.o) (16 votes [22.54%])

Percentage of vote: 22.54%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 fs_badjoe

fs_badjoe
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2008 - 17:12

bump

#42 fs_evillove

fs_evillove
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2008 - 18:38

Oh and Joe, i'm working on that thread about the guild management thing. I'm just a little busy with school work still. I'll try and get it done soon.

#43 fs_badjoe

fs_badjoe
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2008 - 19:00

Oh and Joe, i'm working on that thread about the guild management thing. I'm just a little busy with school work still. I'll try and get it done soon.

np the guide can wait you just finish it whenever you have the time, and remember school h/w is more important then this so take your time.

#44 fs_badjoe

fs_badjoe
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2008 - 23:43

As you said but why do you think there are players posting in Shoutbox and/or FSBox saying selling guilds ? Thats because they were unaware how difficult it is to run a guild, this guide shows what the player needs to run a guild and NOT a must have.

#45 fs_evillove

fs_evillove
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2008 - 11:49

Personally, I don't like scare tactics, and this admittedly is what you're doing. Running a guild really isn't as tough as you make it out to be or as expensive. The expensive part is assuming that you're going to start a guild and immediately pay for 25 Item slots, have 5 maxed structures to maintain, and pay for a whole bunch of member slots.

My point is, yeah you might have to work a bit in the beginning, but if you have loyal and active members, the gold and FSP needed to expand will come. Any level 25 that wants to start a guild I say go ahead, as long as you are willing to put in the TIME, if you put in the TIME you won't have any problems.

Your points are good yes, however if you want to run a successful guild, meaning a guild you want to grow, expand, to level and to become as one, and have no worries, and just to have fun and work together and chat, also to explore the many other revenues of the game. Then a good guild needs TIME as you stated, and also the means to make it the IDEAL guild you want it as.

I know how difficult it is just to run a guild.

Hell, my guild has been through so much just to get to this stage, even with very loyal and unselfish players in the guild, 65% of my guild is still not contributing enough to keep the guild up.

Even with my Founders, constantly donating, constantly working, and me constantly trying to put more gold in, we're still struggling to make the guild grow better. If you have nothing, then you cannot get your guild anywhere were you want it, if your members are happy to be levelling at thier own pace. Then that is fine.

On the other, what this guide gives, is more or less an overview of what you MAY need for a guild. You don't have to, feel free to go against it and do opposite, it is your guild in the end.

It is very difficult to run a guild, I've nearly been in my guild for 11 months. And i've seen things go wrong, even with so many high level players, my guild nearly fell, however because the current Founders quickly invested and got teh guild back up and running, we were able to get to this stage, and then more members joined and finally everything started getting better. Guilds aren't easy go things....it is hard, and I could never run a guild, if I created a guild now, I'll give up within a day or two, and just join up with another guild.
Another guild, which can support me, and has the structures to allow me to level effiecntly, and also the buffs that I need to level quickly. That is my view, and I'm sure many more has that view too.

#46 Prezze

Prezze

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 12:44

Basicly what most people lack to see is the time you spend being busy with the guild..., a succesfull guild is not only a guild with upgrades and structures.

When not to start your own guild
-------------------------------------
1) You can't pay the initial cost to upgrade the guild or don't have the requirements to start a guild

2) You have little time to play

3) You have to entirely rely on members to upgrade your guild

Cofounders
-------------
I'd say don't make a co-founder in the beginning of the game unless you know the person longer. Making a stranger co-founder isn't the way to go. If you don't have anyone to join you as a co-founder, but still want to have your own guild. Then it's better to be the only one in charge. Note that the cost to start will be entirely yours then

Recruiting
-----------
* Don't expect to recruit higher levels, give lower levels the opportunity to join. You can learn to know these people then and eventually a member will pop out to be a good co-founder or council member or whatever you feel like having.

* Recruiting takes time, don't expect when you just start to immediatly have people lining up to join your guild

* Biggest mistake you can make is to ask people to pay to join your guild, you are a starting guild and you basicly have nothing to offer (unless you spend tons of fsp to set the guild up alread) but the ability to join and play together with people

Guildrank
------------
You can have as much fsp and gold as you like, if you give members to little permissions, they'll complain. If you give to much permissions to alot of members you are bringing your own guild down.

Guildrules
------------
You have to make some rules also, if you don't have any rules it won't last long. So you need to write them down, make sure they are good. (note: i'm currently reworking my guilds rules, since some rules were outdated or just to write them as simple as possible, with my cofounders and council members. Do note that so far I already spent 3-4 hours doing so, this is only my time in those rules, not the time the other members involved spent on it.)

Guildforum
-------------
It's not a musthave but I say it's also better to have a forum for your members. So you basicly need to moderate the forum yourself in the beginning and then have one of your members help you with this (takes again alot of time)

Feedback
-----------
* A founder who only decides everything himself, will seem to be a tiranny. Even if his decisions are good. You need to find the way in between for this, involve members in decisions. You outlay the main idea and give them the option to say what they think, how to improve the idea.

Guildfounder
--------------
As a guildfounder don't expect members to upgrade your guild, if you yourself don't put something inside the guild.
As a founder the game is completly different then from just being a member.
In my opinion a good founder is a founder who puts the guild first, then his character.

Must have upgrades to start
---------------------------------
* Endurance shrine lvl 1 (stamina driven game, explains itself)
* health shrine (if you need to base yourself on lower level people who might lack ff equipment, this is also one of the musthave's in my opinion)
* Guildtagging (you don't know if the new members are trustworthy and if you are going to share or buy items for members this'll be a must have)
* If members fail to donate gold => tax shrine (just enough taxes to maintain current structures, also talk to your members about this see how they feel, give them options)

#47 fs_evillove

fs_evillove
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2008 - 15:33

I agree with everything in the above:

Especially this:

When not to start your own guild
-------------------------------------
1) You can't pay the initial cost to upgrade the guild or don't have the requirements to start a guild

2) You have little time to play

3) You have to entirely rely on members to upgrade your guild

Recruiting
-----------
* Don't expect to recruit higher levels, give lower levels the opportunity to join. You can learn to know these people then and eventually a member will pop out to be a good co-founder or council member or whatever you feel like having.

I always look out for lower members, if you give them a chance they'll be grateful hopefully. Actually...a lot of the members I recruit or new players lol. :P

#48 fs_badjoe

fs_badjoe
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2008 - 17:00

Yup I agree with ya Prezze......

#49 fs_badjoe

fs_badjoe
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2008 - 18:24

bump

#50 fs_badjoe

fs_badjoe
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2008 - 19:34

OK with the new rules added by the cows there will no longer be any guild selling or your account will be terminated !! So YOU ALL BEST READ THIS THREAD BEFORE YOU THINK ABOUT MAKING A GUILD !!

#51 Prezze

Prezze

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 23:28

Personally, I don't like scare tactics, and this admittedly is what you're doing. Running a guild really isn't as tough as you make it out to be or as expensive. The expensive part is assuming that you're going to start a guild and immediately pay for 25 Item slots, have 5 maxed structures to maintain, and pay for a whole bunch of member slots.

A guild is like a business, in a way. It is entirely possible to take the bare minimum requirement (in this case 10FSP) and make something great out of it. With the initial maximum of 8 members spending their stamina every day, or every other day, and staying active it's entirely possible to run a successful guild. If you have a trusted friend who you can depend on to make your co-founder with full privileges, it does make the job quite a bit easier.

My point is, yeah you might have to work a bit in the beginning, but if you have loyal and active members, the gold and FSP needed to expand will come. Any level 25 that wants to start a guild I say go ahead, as long as you are willing to put in the TIME, if you put in the TIME you won't have any problems.

I meant to write longer, but I'm due at work in about 20 min. Don't let these guys that think they know whats right for everyone ruin your dreams! I'm out,

~~ MCHornick ~~

It is possible, I agree with you on that (my guild might be the best example).

I became founder with no access to free fsp, recruiting wasn't my thing. And I also didn't have the means to donate to the game (I was a student at the time).

Yet I can clearly say: the guild wouldn't have survived if I had lead it myself entirely. I always had help from two other members of my guild, who also didn't have the access to free fsp and can't donate since it's not available in their country.

But take my word for it, it's extremly hard to run a guild that way. I know you don't like "scare" tactics, but I strongly discourage anyone who only has the fsp to start it up make a guild.

I really do recommend them save those fsp for yourself and upgrade yourself then, cause in 90% of the cases it's a person who would get rid off the guild eventually.

You gave the perfect example: a guild is like a small business...

yet where I live you can't start your own business without a business plan...

This thread is a mustread for anyone who would want to start his own guild

#52 fs_evillove

fs_evillove
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2008 - 22:15

Please do not quote posts randomly, and ones that are so long. ^^^^^

(@nattoy123)

#53 fs_badjoe

fs_badjoe
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2008 - 21:07

bump

#54 fs_evillove

fs_evillove
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2008 - 21:57

Read Eet O.o >_<

#55 fs_evillove

fs_evillove
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2008 - 14:36

Gao? And A bumpo :P

#56 fs_evillove

fs_evillove
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2008 - 14:58

BUMP

#57 fs_evillove

fs_evillove
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2008 - 22:01

I disagree it ain't hard at all, just really expensive, which makes the game in fact not so free at all :D

It is hard, due to the fact it is expensive, therefore you need to work hard in order to gain enough for the guild to properly prosper and grow, in the way you want it to.

The game is free, as it is your choice whether or not you pay, there are venues to allow you to gain FSP in many ways, thus making the game much better than others.

Saying running a guild isn't hard is just someone's way of saying that if I ever had a guild, all I need is tons of gold and that's it. Lazy attitudes gets people no where.

Anyhow, Bump.

#58 fs_evillove

fs_evillove
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2008 - 15:17

Bump againzu.

#59 fs_evillove

fs_evillove
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2008 - 14:21

Up again.

#60 fs_evillove