• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#21 reinedor

reinedor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:25

Letting you know that I can't delete, with or without the function button (this applies to chat, vendoring, buying, trading, splitting, etc), that rotating only works once a day, then I'm stuck with whatever thing I accidentally hit (so sometimes I can't get to doors or whatever), wasd movement doesn't work for me, and I can't zoom in or out or change viewpoints.

In conclusion, I wish I didn't have to play on a mac.

#22 Voodoohex

Voodoohex

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:49

I cannot load this game at all on my mac. The Java required to play the game (7) wont work with Snow Leopard. Sucks.

#23 Austringer

Austringer

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 13:00

I'm having random spinning screen issues when I hit enter to send a chat the screen will start spinning and I've found no solution for it when it happens other than close the game and reopen it...

#24 deadite

deadite

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:27

Came back after 6 months hoping for Mac fixes... Nope. Standalone client still "far away"?

How disappointing. I don't mean to sound rude, but it seems to me like the main priority of a browser-based game would be the ability to, you know, play it in a browser. Eldevin should have just been a standalone Windows game otherwise.

#25 Ogre

Ogre

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 17:28

I was going to play this game, paid account and all, but since it appears to be a PC-only-friendly environment, I'll take my time and money elsewhere.

#26 Melandru

Melandru

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 19:01

It's pretty unfortunate, I would think this would be a higher priority issue. But regardless I might as well share my finding with other mac players out there. It just seems that all the keys stick, so they stay pressed. To reset all the keys, what works for me is to click at the top of the web page in the area above the game window, and then click back on the game. But other than that nothing seems to work. FN + Backspace (delete) will delete the character in-front of the carrot.

#27 Maegren

Maegren

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 18:44

I'm having some slightly different issues with Eldevin on my mac.  I'm running OS X 10.8.5, with Firefox and Java 7u45. 

*Occasionally, when I press return, or click to move, the screen starts spinning.  If I press return again, it stops until I press return again or click to move again.  Needless to say, it's pretty disorienting and unplayable when that happens.  If I click out to other applications, sometimes it cures it and sometimes not.  Same for relogging.  It happens more often when things get heavy, like in dungeons, which is a bummer.

*The keys that open windows, such as I, X, etc., seem to work fine.

*Zoom in sometimes works with my scroll wheel, and zoom in sometimes works with the up arrow, but the down arrow never works for zooming out. 

*The camera tilt function does not work at all.

*Backspace does not work in the chat box at all.  Delete works for characters to the right of cursor.

*Safari hasn't worked at all for me.  I haven't tried Chrome since reports here say it's no good.

hi, think this will be my first and last post! yes, on a mac and sadly this game does not work for me. I got stuck almost at the start, I can't right click on the scroll to learn the healing spell. Plus the camera angles just don't work on a mac, I can't rotate the view at all.

shame. I would likely have paid money at some point....

Mae

#28 livingtarget

livingtarget

Senior Programmer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 May 2014 - 17:37

Hey guys, I would like to get some Mac users to test for our downloadable client (alpha). Let me know if you want to get involved.

#29 payperbaby

payperbaby

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 17:49

Hey guys, I would like to get some Mac users to test for our downloadable client (alpha). Let me know if you want to get involved.

i play on mac air with ssd memory and my sister 2010 macbook pro 
both just bought some in game coin n ep  to get started and would love to test for u .. i play a lot :D

#30 deadite

deadite

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:31

I'll definitely give the standalone client a shot if you still need testers.

#31 cfurlin

cfurlin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 22 May 2014 - 13:17

Absolutely! Count me in!

#32 livingtarget

livingtarget

Senior Programmer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:48

Java update 60 is out now which has a bug fix for some key input problems. Could someone try this version?

#33 Removed94

Removed94

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 13:24

Java update 60 does not make any improvement for me on my mac. 

#34 livingtarget

livingtarget

Senior Programmer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 May 2014 - 13:45

I have sent out private messages to a few Mac users with details on how to get the Eldevin client to run. Full screen is still quite buggy but when you are in windowed mode all the keys works at least.

We are working on installers for the client beta.

#35 Ceois

Ceois

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 June 2014 - 19:18

I have a Mac at work and i tried to run the game today and it worked pretty ok. True i was mostly idle but i can try again on monday if you guys still need feedback.

PS i got the game from the link from here: http://forums.hunted...showtopic=65335 and i tried it at around 10:00 CET time. 

#36 livingtarget

livingtarget

Senior Programmer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 July 2014 - 16:12

The mac installer has now been released, you can get it from https://www.eldevin.com/play

#37 Akede

Akede

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 20 July 2014 - 19:32

I've installed the new Mac client and in "windowed mode" input works as expected.  When I go to full screen, any key I hit generates the Mac error beep.   Can't be played in full screen mode.  Also can't change the resolution when I check the box for full screen.  It's set at some default.

I'm on a Macbook Pro from early 2013.

Cheers

Ake

Haflaga

#38 Luke Hardy

Luke Hardy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 01 September 2014 - 23:58

CURRENT MAC STATUS: **Updated 18/10/14**

PROBLEMS FIXED: 

- WASD keys work

- Arrow keys work

- Delete/backspace key works

- No more auto camera spin

- Zooming with scroll on mouse work (camera and mini map)

- Full screen mode works

- No longer the problem of autorun when clicking off screen (desktop)

- FPS issues practically perfect even running anisotropic x16 with max view distance (40+ outside of EC pretty much)

NEW PROBLEM:

-  Currently having a problem where when walking with WASD and using right click on the mouse the camera just stops and doesn't allow the character to turn. This is very annoying and just makes gameplay difficult.

MAC SPECS:

- iMac 13,1 (model)

- OSX Yosemite 10.10 (latest)

- Flash (latest)

- Java 7 Update 71 (latest)

- Screen: 21.5" 60HTz (1920 X 1080)

- 2.9GHz i5 Boost to 3.6GHz

- 8GB RAM 1600 MHz DDR3

- NVIDIA GeForce GT650M 512 MB

- Average Ping 80/90

- No other programs at all running in the background other than Avast Antivirus but Eldevin has been opted out from real-time scans.

- 50Mb Internet

Hope this helps.

*I would like to be an (un)official future Mac tester as I feel I can help you guys out. Thanks Misfit.*

Edited by Misfits, 18 October 2014 - 12:04.

• Post Beta player for over 2 years - those were the days.
  • Back casually after over a year away.

Misfit - Proph/Mage - DPS PvE DNG Build

#39 Nicnevan

Nicnevan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 20:25

having graphics issues using the downloadable client (see screenshot)

all shadows, making it basically impossible to play.

system specs:

OSX 10.9.5

MacBook Pro

Graphics  Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

any suggestions?

http://imgur.com/xJ9vezS

#40 Luke Hardy

Luke Hardy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 October 2014 - 12:09

See earlier post I made *UPDATED* including update to Yosemite.

• Post Beta player for over 2 years - those were the days.
  • Back casually after over a year away.

Misfit - Proph/Mage - DPS PvE DNG Build

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: