#21 celendais

celendais

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 16:05

+1 Dale.

please don´t use this thread to show general ignorance on arena. 800 wins with no epics apart from steamwork cuirass...

#22 raveka

raveka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 16:13

cool...:D i am curios:d

#23 scarsick

scarsick

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 16:19

I hope the suspense is worth it.....especially since,we've no clue as to what to expect from this update as hardly any information has been divulged so far except for the fact that certain items will be removed from the arena & new ones will be introduced

Hopefully,the changes will be made taking into consideration all the ideas that were given in the other thread

#24 FORN

FORN

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 01 March 2010 - 16:26

Basically, we are putting in all the new items but also adding more arenas for the items also. We are not changing anything major. No actual code updates, Just thought best tell everyone why things were going to be disappearing and being added all of a sudden.

#25 celendais

celendais

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 16:30

so you ARE gonna release the new items and kill the ones where you made huge mistakes in the ratio components to invent v s spawn of components??

does this mean no more zergrogg stones, demon skulls, yathul gems and so on ??

Sorry but I have to ask you this Forn : Have you even read the previous thread (s) where arena players have stated their opinions on the inventable arena items?

#26 DaleJunior

DaleJunior

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 16:33

Basically, we are putting in all the new items but also adding more arenas for the items also. We are not changing anything major. No actual code updates, Just thought best tell everyone why things were going to be disappearing and being added all of a sudden.

Hmm..interesting. When you say "adding more arenas" does that mean there will be more than 25 item arenas at a time, or does it mean certain things will appear more frequently? By the way, I am pretty sure that the general consensus is that some items really shouldn't be completely removed from the arena, just their frequency slowed down and when they do appear make them smaller tourneys so that they fill, i.e. brices and ormars recipes and some some of the crystalline items. Anyway, thanks for the heads up, can't wait to see it.

#27 scarsick

scarsick

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 16:39

Great...thanks for the explanation Forn :)
But please don't remove the existing sets which're still in demand & are in very limited supply....like Brices,Ormarrs & Bhaltairs to name a few
Also,please don't keep a level restriction this time around in learning of recipes.....it seriously hinders in the circulation of the item

#28 fs_tortalus

fs_tortalus
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2010 - 16:50

If people would level up like everyone else in the game, then maybe you could compete for some of the newer sets. I leveled up so i could play certain arenas, It wouldn't be fair to me and everyone else thats at the appropriate level to use these items. I'm glad HCS has a level restriction on the new LE Gear. It keeps the Terds out of the Loop... Maybe people will actually play the game rather then trying to extort it for the sole purpose of making them selves rich.

#29 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 March 2010 - 17:05

Hey Guys.

I'll be coming in to help with this. Basically, I'm gonna remove all Non potions Arena Item prizes and rebuild the selection from the ground up. Widening the level ranges and raising the max level.

Any specific sets you'd like to see in or stay?

~ Grim

#30 slipknot84

slipknot84

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 17:05

:shock:

#31 fs_citizenx

fs_citizenx
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2010 - 17:07

Hey Guys.

I'll be coming in to help with this. Basically, I'm gonna remove all Non potions Arena Item prizes and rebuild the selection from the ground up. Widening the level ranges and raising the max level.

~ Grim

Would like to know if there will still be any other way of obtaining these items after they have been removed from the Arena please...

Thanks.

#32 dragon1234

dragon1234

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 March 2010 - 17:11

Hey Guys.

~ Grim

Please, Please, If the new items are inventable make it so that it is NOT 100%, it shouldnt even be 50% w/ the Inventor 2 buffs. Also, use more of the LE items in the inventing...Also, do something about the recipes...

Also, Bhaltiar, Bothild (this inventing rate was fine...), Ormarr should stay since they still worth alot in the market.

Would like to know if there will still be any other way of obtaining these items after they have been removed from the Arena please...

Thanks.

Its suppose to be a rotation, so once the new items hit for a while, they could be dropped and the old items LE/Crystalline items could come back.

dragon1234 - Ranger - lv 45

NoExercise - Tank - lv 45

DragonStorage - Storage - lv 13

#33 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 01 March 2010 - 17:12

Yes, it's quite important to know if it will become impossible to obtain the sets when they'll be erased from the Arena or that you, for example, release them as drops from the Scavenging Caves. :|

#34 Coatzin

Coatzin

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 17:12

Hey Guys.

~ Grim

In: All new sets, recipes and components LOL
Stay: All current components.
Highly reduced spawn rate AND revisited fee: all recipes and crystallines.

#35 fs_tortalus

fs_tortalus
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2010 - 17:17

Also please keep the Components at or near there level of use. Only reason i say is because some people don't have access to every piece of gear in the game. Granit if your in some of the larger guilds, they already have every peice of gear imaginable, so its not a problem for them to be able to win all the components/prizes reguardless of the level that the components and prizes spawn at. Let the rich get rich and the poor get poorer!! Theres nothing wrong with that, they made there guild very strong and powerfull, Kudos!! But i come from a guild that doesn't have tons of gear, Mostly all of the gear i use in the arena is bought by myself. Having the components at all different levels will prevent, me alot of the other arena players that don't have tons of gear from having any chance at all to win components to make the new gear

#36 Sakuliver

Sakuliver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 17:20

It's making me curious....I just hope for two things not to happen:

1) More high level inventable sets leading to even more 16-player 300k Recipe tournies

2) Green Spine Armor

For the rest...I'll just wait and see (maybe the old threads are really taken into account).

#37 fs_andypearce

fs_andypearce
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2010 - 17:21

Please keep the Ormarrs - Brices - Bhaltairs, and all of the recently released sets in the arena, and keep them at the current spawn rate

#38 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 17:24

Hey Guys.

~ Grim

I think it'd be good to see Volkers still available, or at least a promise that it'll be around in scavenging regularly.

#39 fs_robotussin

fs_robotussin
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2010 - 17:25

please keep all current components when the new stuff gets released. please consider restoring steamwork components, as well.

PLEASE make sure that you have read the threads that have been started addressing the imbalance of arena components to SE/LE components in the current recipes. If you are going to release the new stuff with a similar balance of arena/non-arena components, be prepared for some community outrage

#40 fs_conscar

fs_conscar
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2010 - 17:28

Take out the items that have been devalued -- recipes, abra set, helmar set, luks set, aellos set, cady set, di xia (?) set.
Keep the ones that are worth something for a bit to get more into the game -- ormarr pieces, bothlid pieces, brices pieces, volkers

I think that's the best way to keep gold sinking, and to keep fsp flowing in. People sink gold to win items that are worth something, and others use fsp to buy useful and not devalued items.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: