Photo

New Titan Changes Proposal.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
929 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you like this idea? (408 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like this idea?

1. Voted Yes. (304 votes [64.00%])

Percentage of vote: 64.00%

2. Voted No. (171 votes [36.00%])

Percentage of vote: 36.00%

Vote

#21 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 22 April 2010 - 14:13

Voting no on this one.. the delay wasn't so bad after all..

But to be honest this doesn't fix anything.. so there are going to be 3 guilds now.. so anyone hear Triopoloy? And all its going to do is create more truces between 3 guilds to not beat each other in prices.. absolutely is not going to change anything except you won't see FFS up there everytime.. which I didn't care about because they actually put work into titan hunting unlike 99% of the people complaining..

#22 Goklee

Goklee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 14:14

i like 1 :)
but about 2 . what if a big guild is hunting 2 titans at the same time?

can't vote this now :(

#23 vastilos

vastilos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 480 posts
  • Canada

you should also change the titan EP kills from the quests so they do not give guild RP and the kills do not count towards the titan medal.

#24 fs_relevance

fs_relevance
  • Guests

I would like to say that the elemental guardian titans should be exempt from the second rule as they really carry a different classification that the other titans

#25 fs_robotussin

fs_robotussin
  • Guests

your idea was better yesterday, so it wont be the same guild wining just the same 3 guild winning.

I like the reduction, but I'm not sure how to feel about the second suggestion. It seems like the second suggestion is targeted at disrupting certain players without actually making any marked improvement to the system.

Improve the system, don't take a shortcut.

#26 fs_nexy4

fs_nexy4
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2010 - 14:15

This sounds pretty good. We´ve given up titan hunts weeks ago. I could make 1 move while another player made 3 within the same period of time. It was unfair. Now it´s much more fair. But I´m still not sure whether I´ll participate or not.

#27 fs_ithangor

fs_ithangor
  • Guests

1) A reduction is kill delay is great, 1 second would be better but any reduction would be welcome.

2) Obviously I am against this idea. However, my own opinion aside I have seen several Cows say that they would not do this as it would be "punishing successful guilds". Why have you suddenly changed your standpoint on this?

I do not think this is the way to go. Please for the love of god look at seriously implementing some of the other suggestions, you know where to find them.

#28 apedde

apedde

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Badge

Yesssssss great idea!

#29 Pablobison

Pablobison

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts

Should probably ban FFS from levelling and arena to so its fair for all.

#30 Zukira

Zukira

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 April 2010 - 14:16

glad to see the number 2 in there :) gives a chance for moral to rise for guilds that might not feel able to compete how it has been.

will that be the next 2 hunts for a particular titan or for all titans considered in that?

zukira.gif

|| signature rotates, artists varied ||

Fan my art on Facebook  || Deviant Art || Chat on Irc

When in doubt, lean to the side of mercy.

- Cevantes

#31 fs_6gad6

fs_6gad6
  • Guests

wooow... finally some good ideas.. its not fair of watchin 1 guild winning all the time...

#32 fs_citizenx

fs_citizenx
  • Guests

5 or 6 Top Titan hunters create a Guild...
They kill a Titan and get the Item...
They all leave the Guild and create a new one...

Wash, rinse, repeat...

#33 Sustortias

Sustortias

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 14:17

1) A reduction is kill delay is great, 1 second would be better but any reduction would be welcome.

2) Obviously I am against this idea. However, my own opinion aside I have seen several Cows say that they would not do this as it would be "punishing successful guilds". Why have you suddenly changed your standpoint on this?

I do not think this is the way to go. Please for the love of god look at seriously implementing some of the other suggestions, you know where to find them.

It should have been capped ages ago to give the range of guilds around a proper shot at it.

Good update imo

Ignition_Honda_410x200_zps03cc040c.png

#34 raist007

raist007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 14:17

What about the idea i (as well as several others) mentioned about limited the # of active titan hunters per spawn to maybe 5-10. In addition, possibly put a cap on the number of kills any one player can receive per titan hunt (say 500). That way everyone can get kills without one person/guild dominating. In effect, speed would dictate the winner as the guild receiving the max kills for each participating player (ie, the first guild receiving 2500 or 5000 kills). This doesn't really change the way it is now, as speed connection tends to trump all other factors. BUT, this WOULD allow for more players to get involved with Titan Hunting. Forcing a GUILD to sit out for the next 2 hunts may not be the best suggestion, but it will definitely allow for more guilds to want to participate in titan hunting again, so that is why i support it.

To summarize:
1) Only allow 5-10 participating guild members per Titan Hunt
2) Have a cap of 500 kills per participating member
3) First guild to reach total max kills will be the winner

Oh, and reducing the delay...... +100000000!!!!!!

Please give me feedback on this - no one commented on my post in the other thread....too much flaming i guess :/

#35 fs_dougmines

fs_dougmines
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2010 - 14:18

are you serious??? banning a guild from participation for being successful at it too often?? Then why can we not apply this same twisted logic to every other aspect of the game?If you are successful in winning 3 arena matches a week you are benched for the remainder of the week. and while we are at it, can we not possibly place a cap on how much a person charges for a potion or a buff???
Stamina is given and or paid for through fsp upgrades, how can it be justified in limiting us to x amount of hunts if our stamina would permit us to do so??This amounts to nothing short of giving the other guilds wins as the cannot get them of their own accord with competition being present

#36 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 April 2010 - 14:18

While we add other stuff...

For Crystal Arena members.. lets add that if they win 1 arena.. they have to wait 10 more between wins..

For Crystal Bounty hunters.. can't take a bounty after you've completed one for 1 hour..

For Crystal SE hunters.. lets make sure tehy can only have their name on the kill board 1 time

For Monthly top 10 or top 100.. they can't hunt until they are out of hte top 10 or top 100..

Sounds good.. thanks

#37 Uncle Beg

Uncle Beg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 14:19

1. Reduce the 3 second reduction to 2.
Re: Very good

2. If you have defeated a Titan, your Guild may not participate in the next two Titan Hunts. This would help open the Hunts up to all Guilds.

Re: This is unclear. Is it the same Titan hunts or just the next 2 Titan hunts?
Personally, I don't think this is fair for the winning guild.
It would be fair if you limit the number of participants per guild, similar to GvG limit of 4 members minimum. So for Titan hunt, maybe 5 members maximum. Just an idea.

#38 fs_tlagnhoj

fs_tlagnhoj
  • Guests

How would Quest Titans effect rule #2???

#39 Uralus

Uralus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

2. If you have defeated a Titan, your Guild may not participate in the next two Titan Hunts. This would help open the Hunts up to all Guilds.

Is this including the elemental Titans?

#40 fs_ninja019

fs_ninja019
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2010 - 14:20

GREAT! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt