Photo

New Titan Changes Proposal.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
929 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you like this idea? (408 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like this idea?

1. Voted Yes. (304 votes [64.00%])

Percentage of vote: 64.00%

2. Voted No. (171 votes [36.00%])

Percentage of vote: 36.00%

Vote

#921 mikkyld

mikkyld

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 23:18

We are not unbeatable, to state that is simply false.

Save your pity for yourself, we do not need it. Cheers mate, I am tiring of beating my head against the wall of DOOM and your typing is going down hill, so you should probably take a break.

Funny I do believe I saw post from you or your founder in another misbegotten titan thread that said bluntly you could win any titan you decided to win.

But you did give me a laugh in the last line.

YOU are tired of beating your head against him so HE should take a break. Oh America the irony!

#922 mikkyld

mikkyld

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 23:20

And that sytem has proved to be a complete failure for every guild but one for months. Honestly do you think the titan system is fine as it is?

No, absolutely not - but I do like the competition for spots on a ladder aspect - something which the % based TKPs would preserve and extend beyond 5th place. Beating someone to the kill would still have meaning, but many, many more people would be rewarded for their efforts and eventually be able to earn their epics.

You know, I'd potentially be up for scrapping the winning drop altogether and just splitting points by kill %. That way guilds can't secure and leave and have to commit fully to every titan to get maximum benefit. Meh, I haven't thought that through at all but it would certainly be different!

Now THAT would be something I could get on board with. Epic items needing a massive amount of accumulated TKP's across numerous titan events.

Sounds good to me too but let the kills accrue beyond a single titan

#923 RJEM

RJEM

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 23:21

Sounds good to me too but let the kills accrue beyond a single titan

Click on my signature and you can read the full idea!

#924 mikkyld

mikkyld

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 23:25

I'm not sure I get all these real life comparisons but heck I'll throw mine in.

FS Servers in America, we pay by the dollar.
Isn't it illigal in America to have a monopoly of something ?

So let's just take FFS and the 1/3 of the Titans out of the picture.

Some of you are saying there will either be no competition on getting those kills and getting the item handed to us, the next your saying that other guilds will dominate, so which is it ?

If you like to work hard and have that nice feeling of getting nothing but competing for the thrill of it, go against FFS for their 1/3 of the Titans :/

Everyone is throwing around the world "monopoly" like it is a bad thing. A monopoly per se is not bad. FFS does have a monopoly, sort of. All the existing Oggy Gloves, Skally Boots, Fuv Runes, and Tsucki Helms that other players own can be sold and therefore do not give FFS a complete monopoly. But more importantly, FFS does not control the price of the epics, the Market does. If epics were necessary in this game, then FFS could set the price, but instead they are a luxury and it is the players that decide what they are willing to pay for them.

"According to professor Milton Friedman, laws against monopolies cause more harm than good, but unnecessary monopolies should be countered by removing tariffs and other regulation that upholds monopolies."

So please, everyone that thinks all monopolies are bad, go brush up on your economics before making this claim again.

(EJames, this post is not directed at you, but rather all people that have made this claim. Having a monopoly is not illegal, there are then additional factors that make it illegal.)

Best stick to making nonsense posts on titans, and not stray into areas you do not understand, like economics. Monopolies ARE bad and even the esteemed friedman says so - his only point about making laws comes from the facts that humans tend to make laws very badly.

#925 mikkyld

mikkyld

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 23:36

You're right, it is pointless. I applaud you for continuing to try and offer suggestions. What is sad is that I and many of Frackers have offered suggestions and/or critiques of other peoples suggestions, but anything we say is flamed. What I would like to get to the heart of is why people want titans changed. Is the fact that one guild is winning them indicated that something is wrong with the titans or is it something else? I know that before the delay was implemented their was competition for the titans. FFS was winning the majority then, but it was only through great effort on our part. The delay is what really killed the titan. We can not go back in time though and get rid of the players that have joined FFS.

You applaud him and then do not comment on his idea ???

I have written in this thread more than once that the vast majority of players do not like seeing the same guild winning every titan drop. And they wouldn't like it for ANY guild unless it was their own when they likely would rabidly defend it just like you do.

I have also said that when people get angry IN A GAME, they tend to leave that game for others and that if more people leave this game, it will close down and HCS does not want that so they are pursuing changes that will make the perception of titan hunting better.

I proposed letting people accrue kills on specific titans a LOT of pages ago with no drop and some (HC yet to design) number of kills leading to an epic purchase. The key to it would be letting the number accrue so it isn't lost after each titan does as currently happens. Because it all gets washed away it is mostly wasted stamina for the vast majority of FS players.

Let it be accrued and FFS will have their well earned advantage as they will kill many more than other guilds. But anyone can get involved and eventually win an item and if they don't they have no one to blame but themselves.

That is a lot like what rjem just suggested with him using % instead of discrete numbers of kills and what he tried to get you to comment on and you ranted right around it.

#926 mikkyld

mikkyld

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 23:37

RJEM, just wanted to make a quick point about your suggestion.

It is not bad and would bring more competition to the market, maybe even more people would hunt titans?

But by setting it to where all you need to do is eventually get a required kills to get a drop, doesn't this kinda ruin the competition aspect and take away any real excitement for racing for the win, and essentially turn them into elemental titans that can just be repeated instead of done once.

The other possible flaw, is people want the epics to be cheaper and more accessible, but we are killing only 1/2 a titan or less now and really are not making much profit anymore, some we just sell practically at stam cost just to help the hunters level as well. If this system was put in place it would essentially double the cost to win the items, and if people were being practical on cost to price, would raise the cost of the epics (and I dont think anyone wants this?)

Perhaps it would somewhat limit competition but it appears to me that the elementals have a constant amount of people hunting them; isn't that the point?

#927 mikkyld

mikkyld

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 23:40

I think you guys have put some good effort into trying to hash out a TKP system, and I hate to do this, but I'd have said something earlier if I hadn't been out cold.

Components instead of raw points, people. It's better for a lot of different reasons - keeps the market flowing, allows guilds that don't need or want to build a titan epic on their own to get an immediate return, etc.

r components for raw points

#928 mikkyld

mikkyld

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 23:45

My suggestions for titans are in the interest of creating a fun aspect for everyone. Not a profit-based FSP engine. You on the other hand seem to want titans to be a system whereby players can hunt the odd titan for a quick buck. Also, you are far more of a troll than I am, you seem to find the need to inject input on almost every thread that is created, on any subject. :S

Yea, because I run around in threads posting flamebait pics when I'm bored. I hate an entire guild based on the actions of a minority of its' members. I bash people when they disagree with with me. I would rather quit a game that my level to join date says I've invested major financial resources in than join a particular guild.

Oh wait, that's YOU!

At least I can remain civil with people I disagree with. You, on the other hand, cannot. That makes you, forevermore, a troll. Nothing more, nothing less. STOP. TALKING. TO. ME.

All true. Well you do sometime bash people when they disagree with you though

#929 mikkyld

mikkyld

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 23:47

@ SD17

Honestly if it covers stam lost than it's a profit, especially considering Stam is free.
Heck say I spent 10k Stam on Titans and I got 300fsp from the item(Just numbers) I'd be more than chuffed with that, no it doesn't cover stam loss but how often can I turn 100 stam into 3 fsps ?
I can use those fsps for multiple stuff.

You have to realise while some people and HCS define 1fsp as 25 stam, there are plenty people who don't.

Not actually sure this makes sense :/ but there ya go lol

It does to me - the metric is just a yardstick. If you are going to lose a day's worth of stam because of RL, that stam is worth absolutely nothing for example

#930 Xakano

Xakano

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:39

Thanks for feedback, but due to flaming this thread shall now be locked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: