Victimize the Levelers: thieves and bullies rule!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
964 replies to this topic

#1 fs_nthnclls

fs_nthnclls
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2010 - 16:05

For as long as I've been in the game, attacks have been hourly...don't know where you're getting that Deflect protected you for 24 hours.

If a hunter forgot to make their gold safe then it's their own fault, if it's the marketplace then that's a different story, although there are still options other than that.

I know no legitimate pvper who 100 stams another player, then delevels them for hitting back unless it's during a time of war.

PVP IS part of the game, and always has been. You have ALWAYS had a chance to be hit when bidding on potions, the ONLY difference is that now it's easier to find people in your level range.

#2 ninjawolfy

ninjawolfy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 July 2010 - 16:14

At the end of the day PvP is a big part of this game .. Whilst I agree with such statements as:

The thieves and bullies just laugh at the bounty board

you have to realise that there will always be people that enjoy bullying others .. the only thing you can do is push to level through it .. ive been deleveled several times for trying to defend somebody or just through pure persistant hourly attacks from someone ... Its apart of the game ...
Now i`ve encountered my fair share of honourable and dishonourable PvP and I gotta say I think it does balance ... You just have to make sure to keep an eye on it ...
To counter- balance your arguement of

And the new "find hunters with lots of gold" function that FS Helper makes it super-easy to find a hunter that has gotten absorbed inth e hunt and forgot to makes thier gold safe

The FSHelper also has the function (Although it is buggy still) to send X Gold to X player ... So all you have to do is talk to someone you know and see if they can hold your gold when you hunt .. I do it .. And it works well .. saves running around with 100k on me all the time .. and yes it may be vastly more for you but the point still stands .. If you feel yourself a target there are ways out of it and you just have to pay attention ...

#3 fs_grantslego

fs_grantslego
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2010 - 16:18

Its not bullying...

Its playing the game...

Now stop whining about losing your gold, wear some defense, and be a tad bit smarter.
Or start attacking them back. if they attack you, then attack them back. If they bounty you for attacking back, then bounty them...

Some people make money selling pots, others buffs, and others gear. But some of us pvp, its our way of making money, and our form of enjoying the game.

#4 fs_grantslego

fs_grantslego
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2010 - 16:22

To counter- balance your arguement of

And the new "find hunters with lots of gold" function that FS Helper makes it super-easy to find a hunter that has gotten absorbed inth e hunt and forgot to makes thier gold safe

The FSHelper also has the function (Although it is buggy still) to send X Gold to X player ... So all you have to do is talk to someone you know and see if they can hold your gold when you hunt .. I do it .. And it works well .. saves running around with 100k on me all the time .. and yes it may be vastly more for you but the point still stands .. If you feel yourself a target there are ways out of it and you just have to pay attention ...

OK, I shouldn't have to point this out because it seems so obvious, but the moment the person you are sending money to does something (comes online, whatever) they show up on the Find PvP target screen of any thief monitoring that level range. It does not help much then does it: the gold gets stolen just the same, and a friend gets 100-stammed instead of you.

And actually, I have ways of hiding gold, far better ways than that. But that's not the point.

:roll: Have higher level friends. pvp is not as frequent at 700+

#5 fs_grantslego

fs_grantslego
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2010 - 16:31

Its not bullying...

Its playing the game...

Now stop whining about losing your gold, wear some defense, and be a tad bit smarter.
Or start attacking them back. if they attack you, then attack them back. If they bounty you for attacking back, then bounty them...

You are an idiot. Any defense can be breached: even my GvG gear can hit somone with over 10,000 defense and it isn't close to the best PvP gear for this level. And you can't wear much defense during a hunt anyway.

there is actually an entire section of buffs called "defensive buffs" you might try them sometime.
Also, regarding your statement about being attacked while hunting: have a gold buddy, every couple hundred thousand send your gold to a friend.

Some people make money selling pots, others buffs, and others gear. But some of us pvp, its our way of making money, and our form of enjoying the game.

Some people "enjoy the game" by destroying other people's ability to enjoy the game. Is that you?

it isn't destroying their ability to enjoy the game, it is spicing it up a bit, sure some players choose to quit due to being pvp'd, but then again, they can attack back.

Look at it this way.

If pvp was changed/removed/limited(such as SS2) then it would affect pvpers enjoyment of the game.

If pvp remains in the game and is mostly unchanged, then it could possibly continue to affect levelers enjoyment of the game.

#6 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 16:32

I can't post something like this to the forums without expecting to be 100-stammed by the bullies who don't like anyone putting their sadistic game at risk.

Sure, you go around calling players thieves, sadists, and bullies, you should expect repercussions. These players you call all the nasty names are just playing the game. All of the game, not just bits and pieces of it like some. I would have figured you had learned by now, obviously not. Keep on calling us all the derogatory names if you wish, you already know how a pvper expresses their displeasure, and it doesn't involve calling players names.

#7 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 16:35

Its not bullying...

Its playing the game...

You are an idiot. Any defense can be breached: even my GvG gear can hit somone with over 10,000 defense and it isn't close to the best PvP gear for this level. And you can't wear much defense during a hunt anyway.

Here's a perfect example of name calling, and i expect you think that's perfectly acceptable? He's just trying to give you some pointers and you call him an idiot. :evil:

#8 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 July 2010 - 16:36

I can't post something like this to the forums without expecting to be 100-stammed by the bullies who don't like anyone putting their sadistic game at risk.

Sure, you go around calling players thieves, sadists, and bullies, you should expect repercussions. These players you call all the nasty names are just playing the game. All of the game, not just bits and pieces of it like some. I would have figured you had learned by now, obviously not. Keep on calling us all the derogatory names if you wish, you already know how a pvper expresses their displeasure, and it doesn't involve calling players names.

No it involves getting all 'hard' and then having their pretend character beat up their enemies pretend character...

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#9 fs_oblivion05

fs_oblivion05
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2010 - 16:37

God, not this again?

People play this game because they enjoy PvP, lts not our intention to ruin you levelers game-play. We simply use what the game has to offer, which is hitting people whether you have a reason or not.

#10 fs_nthnclls

fs_nthnclls
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2010 - 16:41

Just as I predicted. Free speech on the forums is only for bullies. Most people already know this.
And HC doesn't care. People talk in PMs about uniting to put a limit on the abuse, but the game doesn't allow it.

A) Free speech doesn't mean speech with no repercussions, for example, if I say that I'm going to blow up the pentagon, then you can bet I'm not going to be unwatched.

B) In any case, free speech doesn't exist at all on this forum anyway. This isn't the US/Britain/where ever you're from. We all signed an agreement agreeing with the Cow's rules, one of which is that they can ban us at any time for anything. So no, free speech isn't only for bullies, it's for no one. You gave it up in this forum when you agreed to the terms and conditions.

#11 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 July 2010 - 16:42

God, not this again?

People play this game because they enjoy PvP, lts not our intention to ruin you levelers game-play. We simply use what the game has to offer, which is hitting people whether you have a reason or not.

The thing is, this game would move along fine without any pvp, there are plenty of other avenues that provide character progression. PvP with the exception of earning a bounty medal provides absolutely zero player progression.

Take away the levellers and what to pvp players have? Are they going to play with themselves? Other like minded individuals who they can test their proper metal with? Of course they aren't.. PvP players claim their side of the game is all about fun, testing out combat setups etc but it's all BS. They enjoy hitting levellers, to steal their gold and spoil their day, comfortable in the knowledge that a leveller either won't hit back or will put them on the BB, where they actually wanted to be in the first place.

The pvp aspect is fubar IMO, it needs changing and their needs to be some actual CONSEQUENCES for pvp actions.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#12 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 July 2010 - 16:43

im already looking forward to the time he hits the board >.>

Its not bullying...

Its playing the game...

the stat 'defense' is NOT the best defense ;)... that's deendant on level-range, and buffs available to you at the time...

and like bleltch said... its not very nice calling other people names... ;)

#13 EJames2100

EJames2100

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 16:45

How many PvPer's compared to Lvler's ?
Better phrased, How many paying PvPer's compared to paying Lvler's

If PvP was taken out of the game overnight(Attack player function and BB, not GvG), what % of the game population would even care ?

When a player is hit and a fairly large portion of gold(for that lvl) is taken, it then not only disrupts that players gameplay but pretty much ruins it.

And yes for some reason, PvPer's consider their been 1 set of rules for them, and 1 set of rules the 'rest' of us should/have to follow or else.

And as Bleltch pointed out name calling isn't an answer(nor nice), however resorting to attacking you constantly because they didn't like what you say is.
Oh and naturally a lot of hints of going to do this, however subtle or not, is.

#14 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 16:45

No it involves getting all 'hard' and then having their pretend character beat up their enemies pretend character...

... just like any other pre-adolescent school yard bully would.

And there's some more name calling. :roll: And you still have no clue why you are being targeted?

#15 dragon1234

dragon1234

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 July 2010 - 16:46

All HCS have to do is outlaw the gold showing thing from FSH...Besides, even if they dont do that, you can train with sacrifice and gain half the amount of gold for a couple % more w/o worrying about losing gold..

dragon1234 - Ranger - lv 45

NoExercise - Tank - lv 45

DragonStorage - Storage - lv 13

#16 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

God, not this again?

The thing is, this game would move along fine without any pvp, there are plenty of other avenues that provide character progression. PvP with the exception of earning a bounty medal provides absolutely zero player progression.

Take away the levellers and what to pvp players have? Are they going to play with themselves? Other like minded individuals who they can test their proper metal with? Of course they aren't.. PvP players claim their side of the game is all about fun, testing out combat setups etc but it's all BS. They enjoy hitting levellers, to steal their gold and spoil their day, comfortable in the knowledge that a leveller either won't hit back or will put them on the BB, where they actually wanted to be in the first place.

The pvp aspect is fubar IMO, it needs changing and their needs to be some actual CONSEQUENCES for pvp actions.

lmao... id smack any PvPer any day... at least they make it interesting -.-... i grow weary of threats of bounty, insults, and lack of action ><

#17 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

FSH should be disallowed completely, as for marketplace being slow, just put a good price. I hunted today and sold gold for ~40 FSPs, no problems...

#18 fs_nthnclls

fs_nthnclls
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2010 - 16:47

The thing is, this game would move along fine without any pvp

As someone complaining about prices in the marketplace in the FS helper thread, then surely you realize why this is false.

#19 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 July 2010 - 16:49

How many PvPer's compared to Lvler's ?
Better phrased, How many paying PvPer's compared to paying Lvler's

If PvP was taken out of the game overnight(Attack player function and BB, not GvG), what % of the game population would even care ?

When a player is hit and a fairly large portion of gold(for that lvl) is taken, it then not only disrupts that players gameplay but pretty much ruins it.

And yes for some reason, PvPer's consider their been 1 set of rules for them, and 1 set of rules the 'rest' of us should/have to follow or else.

And as Bleltch pointed out name calling isn't an answer(nor nice), however resorting to attacking you constantly because they didn't like what you say is.
Oh and naturally a lot of hints of going to do this, however subtle or not, is.

except HCS said that calling names is 'harrassment', and 100-stamming somebody is not?

ill stick with HCS :P

#20 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 July 2010 - 16:51

The thing is, this game would move along fine without any pvp

As someone complaining about prices in the marketplace in the FS helper thread, then surely you realize why this is false.

You really think the tiny amount of gold dropped when a leveller is mugged affects the economy at all? lol

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: