Victimize the Levelers: thieves and bullies rule!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
964 replies to this topic

#41 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 July 2010 - 17:06

You're so cute when you whine. Hurry up and level, I have conversations to have with you directly.

Its this kind of behaviour that makes levelers hate pvp players so much. You realise this, right?

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#42 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 July 2010 - 17:06

You're so cute when you whine. Hurry up and level, I have conversations to have with you directly.

Its this kind of behaviour that makes levelers hate pvp players so much. You realise this, right?

and its threads like these, and people like lawdog, that makes PvPers make comments like that ;)

#43 fs_gravely

fs_gravely
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2010 - 17:07

Trying to discredit what I say but pointing out one badly worded phrase is a common tactic in these kind of threads.

As a longtime pvp player, I have counter bountied a 10 stam clear exactly twice, ever, and the players whom I countered are completely aware of why. Neither counter was a deleveling, either, and they were countered for reasons other than that they had the gall to hit me.

It's tough to discredit what you're saying when it has no credit to begin with; you are completely unfamiliar with the pvp system except in very limited scenarios involving players that have a deep, abiding issue with you.

You haven't experienced actual random pvp in hundreds of levels - or partaken of it, and so it's no wonder you hate pvp.

#44 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 July 2010 - 17:08

levellers may not need PvPers, but the game does... =\

Not really. Perhaps if the pvp players were limited to only attacking each other.. But then that would lose you all of your tasty EASY targets now wouldn't it...

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#45 fs_gravely

fs_gravely
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2010 - 17:09

And it's lawdog's kind of behavior that makes him so deserving. Really, I don't care that he hates me for it - he painted me with the bully brush long before I ever earned it, so if I'm to do the time I may as well enjoy the crime in a virtual game with absolutely no actual real life consequences.

#46 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 July 2010 - 17:09

Not really. Perhaps if the pvp players were limited to only attacking each other.. But then that would lose you all of your tasty EASY targets now wouldn't it...

like i said before... PvPer or not, id smack anybody the same... i like a challenge in what i do :P... can you say the same?

#47 fs_nthnclls

fs_nthnclls
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2010 - 17:11

First, you complain that pvpers like to dance on the board.

Then, you complain that pvpers only go for easy targets.

Since dancing on the board implies some level of difficulty, both of these cannot be true.

So which is it?

As to the SS2 analogy, it's obvious that we have different opinions, and since it ultimately comes down to a "what if" scenario, neither one is provable.

#48 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 July 2010 - 17:13

As a longtime pvp player, I have counter bountied a 10 stam clear exactly twice, ever, and the players whom I countered are completely aware of why. Neither counter was a deleveling, either, and they were countered for reasons other than that they had the gall to hit me.

And obviously you realise that the universe does in fact not revolve around you or copy your most honourable of actions.. Right? :?

It's tough to discredit what you're saying when it has no credit to begin with; you are completely unfamiliar with the pvp system except in very limited scenarios involving players that have a deep, abiding issue with you.

Thats basically just a personal attack with presumptions on my enemies and my reasons for not liking pvp.

You haven't experienced actual random pvp in hundreds of levels - or partaken of it, and so it's no wonder you hate pvp.

And you know this for certain do you or perhaps you are once again making assumptions that it is not your place to make.

Yes, I'm quite aware you have issues with me Gravely, I'm also quite aware that instead of adressing any arguments made here you have tried to make a personal argument against me and you have threatened lawdog with action when he reaches your level. Either kindly get into the thread properly or just STFU because I really can't be bothered with your bs anymore.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#49 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 July 2010 - 17:15

Both can quite easily be true seeing as choosing easy targets to hit and defending on the BB are two completely different actions.. :?

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#50 Removed20081

Removed20081

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 17:15

PvP is a big part of this game, and I hope it always will be... these rants of boo-hoo this guy attacked me a few times or whatever is just stupid... you are given the ability to PvP anyone in your range level 5 plus... so it was always meant to be a big feature in the game... in fact Forn has been quoted saying this is a PvP game, if you can't handle it, go to the support ticket centre, and ask for your account to be deleted, these dumb ranting threads get you nowhere but laughed at and draws attention to yourself from the people you are bad-mouthing, calling someone a sadist, nazi, bully or whatever for attacking you in a virtual game is just really sad and pathetic...

#51 fs_nthnclls

fs_nthnclls
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2010 - 17:17

Both can quite easily be true seeing as choosing easy targets to hit and defending on the BB are two completely different actions.. :?

If someone thinks it's fun to defend on the BB, then I find it hard to believe that they would only choose easy targets.

#52 fs_gravely

fs_gravely
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2010 - 17:18

And obviously you realise that the universe does in fact not revolve around you or copy your most honourable of actions.. Right? :?

And I also realize that I am friendly with a large portion of the PvP community in this game and I can't think of a single one that will counter over a legitimate 10 stam clear. Direct personal experience > stories from friends of friends of friends.

Thats basically just a personal attack with presumptions on my enemies and my reasons for not liking pvp.

lol, I guess we should ignore the fact that it's also got the benefit of being accurate, then? It's not an attack to say that you have no experience with pvp in any non harassment form post level 400, Doom, and that's exactly the case. You aren't qualified to say that PvP is or is not beneficial when you take no part in it.

And you know this for certain do you or perhaps you are once again making assumptions that it is not your place to make.

Okay, fine, I'll play.

When's the last time you made a gold hit?

Took a bounty?

Got on the bounty board yourself?

Yes, I'm quite aware you have issues with me Gravely, I'm also quite aware that instead of adressing any arguments made here you have tried to make a personal argument against me and you have threatened lawdog with action when he reaches your level. Either kindly get into the thread properly or just STFU because I really can't be bothered with your bs anymore.

Rofl. Doom, I really could care less what you think, as usual it's one big doom pity party, and I refuse to just let you spout whatever BS you like about an aspect of the game you don't know jack about and expect it to be taken as Gospel truth.

#53 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 17:18

How many PvPer's compared to Lvler's ?

It depends on what's a definition for PvPer and Lvler... For your information some PvPers are buying stamina and powerleveling too, so the most correct would be asking how many players are still in leveling and pvp-related competitions.

Top100 & Best Player: probably ~150-300 players
Monthly Top: probably 15-30 players x every month -> 30 x 44 = ~1320 players including the same players above
Top250 guilds: some motivation for others, but mostly the same players

As the game progresses, leveling competitions produce only ~30 players / month... other players either leave the game or find their fun in doing something else, of course there are inventors, adventurers, farmers, traders, SE hunters, Titan hunters, but those don't have the ladders, so the most obvious choices to express themselves are GvG, BH, and PvP arena (ladders)... All 3 activities force young players to stay in some lvl range and improve their gear (it takes time), then after making huge investments to gear the gold hitting is the next obvious step. You might not like it, but the game is designed for pvp.

#54 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 July 2010 - 17:20

PvP is a big part of this game, and I hope it always will be... these rants of boo-hoo this guy attacked me a few times or whatever is just stupid... you are given the ability to PvP anyone in your range level 5 plus... so it was always meant to be a big feature in the game... in fact Forn has been quoted saying this is a PvP game, if you can't handle it, go to the support ticket centre, and ask for your account to be deleted, these dumb ranting threads get you nowhere but laughed at and draws attention to yourself from the people you are bad-mouthing, calling someone a sadist, nazi, bully or whatever for attacking you in a virtual game is just really sad and pathetic...

Forn draws the pictures for FS. What now you're going to take his few comments as your new bible.

Here's an idea, go the HCS website, go to the FS page and see just how much space was dedicated to describing the pvp part of this game to prospective members. Then come back to me and tell me 'This is a pvp game'.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#55 fs_nthnclls

fs_nthnclls
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2010 - 17:21

Forn draws the pictures for FS. What now you're going to take his few comments as your new bible.

He was also put in charge for a while.

#56 fs_grantslego

fs_grantslego
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2010 - 17:23

Here's an idea, go the HCS website, go to the FS page and see just how much space was dedicated to describing the pvp part of this game to prospective members. Then come back to me and tell me 'This is a pvp game'.

actually it is advertising intelligence.. You don't want to say alot about something that most people don't like, such as being attacked. some people don't want to join a game if they know it involves pvp.

#57 Removed20081

Removed20081

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 17:26

Here's an idea, how about you go do some PvP instead of crying over it so often, never know, you might find you'll enjoy it... just because YOU don't like it doesn't mean others can't enjoy it, this isn't the Shardoom show you know, you aren't the only player in this game and believe it or not alot don't agree with the crap you spout over something you obviously know so little about first hand :P and as for Forn, he is a game admin also, and I'll take his word over yours anyday, I don't need to go check things out that I already know, thanks :P

#58 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 July 2010 - 17:29

Aiming your messages at me again Gravely...

As you well know I don't take part in the fubar'd pvp system in FS have not done for a very long time. It was simply too ridiculously in favour of the attacker so any of your sad little questions about my activity are merely to point out what, I haven't done it recently? So what, doesn't mean I don't know how it works or how people act while doing it.

And to finish I know for a fact you care what I think, thats why you stalk me on the forums, waiting for a slight mis-wording of something or for someone to flame me so you can join in..

Telling me I can't speak on this topic after picking up on one single line of a few pages worth of discussion.. Hah. You simply are not worthy of debating Gravely. Doing your huge quoted posts that take far too much effort to respond to than they are worth, probably in hopes that you'll get the final word? :wink:

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#59 fs_gravely

fs_gravely
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2010 - 17:38

As you well know I don't take part in the fubar'd pvp system in FS have not done for a very long time. It was simply too ridiculously in favour of the attacker so any of your sad little questions about my activity are merely to point out what, I haven't done it recently? So what, doesn't mean I don't know how it works or how people act while doing it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And to finish I know for a fact you care what I think, thats why you stalk me on the forums, waiting for a slight mis-wording of something or for someone to flame me so you can join in..

Actually, claiming that half of all bounty clears on pvpers result in losing 5 is a gross overstatement, not a "slight mis-wording".

Telling me I can't speak on this topic after picking up on one single line of a few pages worth of discussion.. Hah. You simply are not worthy of debating Gravely. Doing your huge quoted posts that take far too much effort to respond to than they are worth, probably in hopes that you'll get the final word? :wink:

Sorry, I walked in the door and there it was. If it helps, your entire position is bunk, not just that first quote, that was merely the most ridiculous portion of your "position".

As for stalking you, perhaps you haven't noticed, but it's hard to "stalk" anyone when you're working 80 hours a week, which I've been doing for the last month+. If it makes you feel important, though, keep thinking whatever you like.

#60 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 July 2010 - 17:38

Its not bullying...

Its playing the game...

Now stop whining about losing your gold, wear some defense, and be a tad bit smarter.
Or start attacking them back. if they attack you, then attack them back. If they bounty you for attacking back, then bounty them...

Some people make money selling pots, others buffs, and others gear. But some of us pvp, its our way of making money, and our form of enjoying the game.

You missed what he said. Hes saying that sometimes when the marketplace is slow he can't convert gold to FSP (regardless of the amount offered).

Also, I agree the new find player feature has completely changed the PvPing aspect of the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: