• This topic is locked This topic is locked
806 replies to this topic

#41 Fewfre

Fewfre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:38

- If the targets actual level is outwith the range (ie. they are only in range due to virtual level), only pvp rating / gold is taken.

The ONLY one I like. Please remember not everyone in this game likes PvP. A lot of games do PvP & non PvP, but I like FS because it has a decent balance. I don't have a ton to worry about since I don't care about my rating & don't get attacked a ton at my level, but I can tell you this 'update' would have driven me away when I was first playing.

Don't change something for one part of the community that greaty effects other parts in negative ways. By making PvPers happy, remember your generally making a LARGER amount of people UNHAPPY.

#42 Thoran

Thoran

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Badge
  • Spain

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:38

I like all the suggestion except the 100 stamina for a bounty hit. While I dont bounty hunt, that is an extreme amount of stamina to use to hit someone. If someone is on the board for a 10 hit bounty that = 1k stamina. I will garentee u I will never touch the BB if this is the case, unless you raise the rewards up for hitting it.

My suggestion is raise the minimum ammount of a bounty to 1 fsp or 150k gold per every 100 levels. I think if you raise the prizes, u may see more people get involved in PvP since it may become worth it.

"Bounty Attacks must be 100 stamina otherwise they don't count as bounty hits."

Hitting a player with LESS than 100 stamina will not allow the player to bounty you is what this talks about.
NOT that you must do 100 stamina hits ON A BOUNTY, as a hunter.

https://i.imgur.com/EZBgk78.gif

[image]https://i.imgur.com/EZBgk78.gif[/image]

I'm also known as @UnoWild

The Wicked Players

#43 Admiral Memo

Admiral Memo

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 900 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:39

- Reset every two weeks - PvP tokens are allocated to the top 50 which can be exchanged for items.

That would make quests with PvP rating requirement *really* hard. I remember how annoying it was to gather up the required points for Remnants of Corruption (needs 1,350). Sometimes I'd get bountied for 10 stam hits when the target's profile didn't say they would bounty, and I went back quite a few points :(

Being a quester, this is all I care about. That quest will need to be recoded if you want to change the PvP system. (I never liked the fact that I needed a PvP level to do a quest at all.)

#44 Splash

Splash

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:40

Hi all,

We would like your feedback regarding the PvP Ladder changes. Here is what we are looking at currently:

- Bounty Attacks must be 100 stamina otherwise they don't count as bounty hits.
NO.
It would make it alot harder/time consuming for players to clear bounties and discouraging players from bounty hunting..
I'd rather have it being normal 10-100 choice, but not being able to counter bounty players, we hit the bounty board as a punishment, so this might encourage more players to 'punish' players with 100stams
:wink:

- If the targets actual level is outwith the range (ie. they are only in range due to virtual level), only pvp rating / gold is taken.
NO.
~ The Fallen Sword Team

#45 fs_lin001

fs_lin001
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:41

i think it would be better to get tokens depending on your rating, not if your on the top list

#46 Denyza

Denyza

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • Indonesia

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:42

I like all the suggestion except the 100 stamina for a bounty hit. While I dont bounty hunt, that is an extreme amount of stamina to use to hit someone. If someone is on the board for a 10 hit bounty that = 1k stamina. I will garentee u I will never touch the BB if this is the case, unless you raise the rewards up for hitting it.

My suggestion is raise the minimum ammount of a bounty to 1 fsp or 150k gold per every 100 levels. I think if you raise the prizes, u may see more people get involved in PvP since it may become worth it.

"Bounty Attacks must be 100 stamina otherwise they don't count as bounty hits."

Hitting a player with LESS than 100 stamina will not allow the player to bounty you is what this talks about.

Still idiotic if you bother to read my posts
:)

LastSignature_zps9cb1e771.jpg

#47 kingtyrin

kingtyrin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:42

Thats even worse. Everyone seeking revenge would use 99, and not being able to counter bounty someone hitting you with anything more then 10 doesnt make sense(imo)

#48 Denyza

Denyza

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • Indonesia

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:45

Thats even worse. Everyone seeking revenge would use 99, and not being able to counter bounty someone hitting you with anything more then 10 doesnt make sense(imo)

Well what do you expect?
It's a suggestion by the Cows.
Something are bound to be screwed up.
At least hoof seems to realize it now and ask for our inputs first.
:lol:

#49 Khanate

Khanate

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:47

Well what do you expect?
It's a suggestion by the Cows.
Something are bound to be screwed up.
At least hoof seems to realize it now and ask for our inputs first.
:lol:

I don't think it says anywhere that less than 100 stam attacks are not bounty-able, that's a player assumption. If a kill is not a bounty kill then it is a normal kill, which is bounty-able.

#50 fs_x3j46

fs_x3j46
  • Guests

wonderful update suggestion, pvp has a meaning with these, but please apply all or none.

#51 kingtyrin

kingtyrin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

I'd like to add the following points:

- Modify the formula for number of PvP points traded, less gained from people further from me and more from people closer to me (even if they are slightly lower) in terms of PvP rating. The current system simply promotes attacking a few people at the top as attacking someone right below me (who in theory would be someone who PvP's as much as me if a reset was in effect) nets 1 PvP rating versus 28-30 for the person at the top. More incentive to attack more people if pvp rating rewards are a bit more equal for a wide range of players.

Why not just take rating exchange off the BB entirely that are not in your normal attack range or above? Since rating is suppose to measure how good you are at pvp, gaining it at all from anyone not in your range doesnt make sense to me

- EXPERIENCE LOSSES GOING BOTH WAYS. WHY ISN'T THIS ON THIS LIST? YOU CAN'T FIX ANYTHING WITHOUT FIXING THIS

+1 yet again, this is REALLY important. I repeat, let me fight my own battles instead of needing bounty hunters to do my dirty work.

#52 Khanate

Khanate

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:50

At certain level ranges it's almost the only way to PvP.

I'd prefer a system where the PvP rating exchange on the bounty board happens ONCE between the winner of the bounty and the target upon winning of the bounty. That way being on the BB isn't the death of your rating like it is now.

#53 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:51

- EXPERIENCE LOSSES GOING BOTH WAYS. WHY ISN'T THIS ON THIS LIST? YOU CAN'T FIX ANYTHING WITHOUT FIXING THIS

+1 yet again, this is REALLY important. I repeat, let me fight my own battles instead of needing bounty hunters to do my dirty work.

+*high five*

#54 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:54

I'd prefer a system where the PvP rating exchange on the bounty board happens ONCE between the winner of the bounty and the target upon winning of the bounty. That way being on the BB isn't the death of your rating like it is now.

I like your suggestion :lol:

#55 Khanate

Khanate

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:54

I do too! :lol:

#56 Denyza

Denyza

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • Indonesia

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:55

I don't think it says anywhere that less than 100 stam attacks are not bounty-able, that's a player assumption. If a kill is not a bounty kill then it is a normal kill, which is bounty-able.

You actually would rather believe what hoof meant is a bounty would consume (10x100) stamina?
I know we've looked down on Cow's decision capability, but C'mon.
1000 stamina per bounty hunt are so wrong, I believe even HCS know that.
:?

#57 fs_grantslego

fs_grantslego
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:55

Hi all,

We would like your feedback regarding the PvP Ladder changes. Here is what we are looking at currently:

- Bounty Attacks must be 100 stamina otherwise they don't count as bounty hits.

And how is this going to increase PVP??? i vote no on this one.

- Potion to increase PvP rating transfer

not sure i fully understand...so a no from me.

- Reset every two weeks - PvP tokens are allocated to the top 50 which can be exchanged for items.

this is going to be abused just like the daily recruiting system.

- Increase the PvP target range to +/- 10

I am on the line on this one... It would be fun, but then again, in ten levels there are major gear differences... ( such as 140-150), this could lead to more whining.

- If the targets actual level is outwith the range (ie. they are only in range due to virtual level), only pvp rating / gold is taken

In my opinion this would not affect things anyway...

#58 fs_lin001

fs_lin001
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:56

I do too! :lol:

YYYEEESSS!!! :D :D now getting counter bountied shouldn't be as bad

#59 kingtyrin

kingtyrin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:56

I'd like to add the following points:

- Modify the formula for number of PvP points traded, less gained from people further from me and more from people closer to me (even if they are slightly lower) in terms of PvP rating. The current system simply promotes attacking a few people at the top as attacking someone right below me (who in theory would be someone who PvP's as much as me if a reset was in effect) nets 1 PvP rating versus 28-30 for the person at the top. More incentive to attack more people if pvp rating rewards are a bit more equal for a wide range of players.

Why not just take rating exchange off the BB entirely that are not in your normal attack range or above? Since rating is suppose to measure how good you are at pvp, gaining it at all from anyone not in your range doesnt make sense to me

At certain level ranges it's almost the only way to PvP.

I didnt factor that in, your right, a sliding system of some sort would likely be for the best.

IDK, depending on what level the person(or people) who take it is, if Im online when I go to the BB a good portion of the time I end up with more rating then I started with. Most people dont bounty you when your online I will admit, so I see what your getting at. Please elaborate and build onto this idea, it may be good overall, and if it worked on a sliding scale compared to the level you fought as well like the first thing you said it would be even better.

#60 Khanate

Khanate

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:57

- Increase the PvP target range to +/- 10

I am on the line on this one... It would be fun, but then again, in ten levels there are major gear differences... ( such as 140-150), this could lead to more whining.

This should be level 500+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: