• This topic is locked This topic is locked
853 replies to this topic

#1 Snowy900

Snowy900

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 10:52

In this 'PVP' game there seems to me that there is a real grey area regarding relic defence,, meaning that you arent allowed to defend your relic other than sit on it and wait for someone high level to come along with a group and take it from you.

im not gonna quote 'in real life' because this is a MMORPG,, with 'G' meaning game.
so what i would like to know is why some guilds think that they are immune from any pvp if they take someones relic.

does not the bounty board punish those who steal gold, why then are people not allowed to defend their Relics, other than just sitting on the relic like a hen waiting for it to hatch.

and theres no point big guilds pointing out that if you have enough players sitting on the relic then its safe because that doesnt help the smaller guilds.

this is my 1st attempt at posting a topic, but would love to hear peoples thoughts on this

#2 Anemie

Anemie

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:45

Some things are allowed in this game and some are not,,,
It all depends on who is doing what...
PvP is allowed unless it hurts "some"

:(

#3 fs_deadlystrk

fs_deadlystrk
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2010 - 12:25

their Relics

its not their relics as the guild doesn't own it but the game does.. and u can defend the relic in any way you want.. if u want to pvp those who capture it be it - that's a legit way. (plz note though that some people got banned for continue pvping some1 as it consider harassment)

#4 Removed22342

Removed22342

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 12:36

their Relics

its not their relics as the guild doesn't own it but the game does.. and u can defend the relic in any way you want.. if u want to pvp those who capture it be it - that's a legit way. (plz note though that some people got banned for continue pvping some1 as it consider harassment)

Diplomacy is one way to defend it and seems to be the preferred way for most guilds, silent agreements on "we don't touch yours unless you touch ours". Others just don't give a strawberry about diplomacy or warning signs but just ride out to battle whenever someone challenges them for control over a resource placed within this fictional world. Why is the second one looked down upon or subject for punishment parted from anything related to the game? It's allowed by the game, even the presentation of the game portray PvP as a way to earn your way in this world (and believe it or not, some players actually put effort in the RPG part of MMORPG).

Instead entities not part of this realm comes in and change the course of events, I just don't get it ... I would get it if threats were involved like the kinds we "PvPers" live with on a daily basis but that comes with the role of playing the bad citizen I suppose.

#5 Snowy900

Snowy900

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 12:37

their Relics

you are right in a sense that its not 'their relic' but by saying that you can pvp someone who takes the relic but run the risk of being banned in doing so proves you cant defend the relic at all

#6 fs_hushhh1

fs_hushhh1
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2010 - 12:41

Relics are a significant part of this game. When empowered they provide a 20% maximum bonus to stats apart from extra stamina, stamina gain and enhancements. As such they provide the guilds regularly holding them an edge in the game and also provide them greater recruiting power.

They also cost somewhere between 66-100 fsp to fully empower them depending on the number of failed attempts therefore those holding them will try everything in their power to protect their significant investment on relics and the significant gains they realize from it. Including 100 stam pvp hits.

As such any guild that regularly targets another empowered relic regularly runs a great risk of a major guild war. A look at the recent FS history will prove that. PvP and bounty board are as much part of the game as relics there I believe that HCS should not meddle in wars between guilds over relics.

#7 fs_roanwood

fs_roanwood
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2010 - 12:57

A similar situation occurred a few months ago during the Relic Wars, when a top three guild is now a shadow of itself. I'm guessing the current rules are designed to prevent this from happening again.

It's a fair comment to say that a Relic is not owned by any guild. This seems to be the rule/view of HCS. However, the gold that is used to empower a relic and the stam used to defend the relics is undoubtedly owned by the defending guild and and its members.

If frequent and constant 100 stamming is not allowed, then shouldn't it be fair that frequent and constant relic taking by the guild from another guild especially when it's a fully empowered relic, also not be allowed?

#8 Removed22342

Removed22342

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 13:07

A similar situation occurred a few months ago during the Relic Wars, when a top three guild is now a shadow of itself. I'm guessing the current rules are designed to prevent this from happening again.

It's a fair comment to say that a Relic is not owned by any guild. This seems to be the rule/view of HCS. However, the gold that is used to empower a relic and the stam used to defend the relics is undoubtedly owned by the defending guild and and its members.

If frequent and constant 100 stamming is not allowed, then shouldn't it be fair that frequent and constant relic taking by the guild from another guild especially when it's a fully empowered relic, also not be allowed?

Not sure, seems all random to me what's allowed or not. It's resources that should be controlled by whoever manages to pull their forces together and make the opponents think that the cost of taking/keeping control over it is too high and eventually back off. I don't see why this is a matter for someone's subjective view on how this game should be played at all (and often by someone who doesn't even play the game themselves, LOL). At least not as long as it's kept within the game rules and code of conduct (i.e just gaming, no trashtalk or threats cause those don't belong here and should be dealt with).

#9 C4RPY

C4RPY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 13:13

Relics are fought for so they can equally be defended by any 'reasonable' means required I would say. If that means throwing around a few 100 stams hourly I don't see a problem. Trash talk and threats with these hits are a different matter... but hourly 100's are part of the game.

Just sitting on a Relic and organising buffs for the lead defender and getting guild members in the same defending gear be it Armor/Defence is one part of defending but isn't always enough to keep those pesky attacks coming in regular

Defend your Relics however you must (playing within the game rules) as you work hard enough to hold them and Empower them!

#10 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 26 November 2010 - 13:21

Defend them until you are forced err i mean told..that you can't ;) lmao They say the best defense is a good offense...but when you aren't allowed to do that...what CAN you do? PvP... is becoming even more outlawed now..its hilarious..

#11 C4RPY

C4RPY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 13:23

Defend them until you are forced err i mean told..that you can't ;) lmao

so then when you get told you can't defend a relic the I guess the attackers of the relic are also told they can't continue attacking?

That's only fair right but total non sence lol

#12 fs_hushhh1

fs_hushhh1
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2010 - 13:27

The way I see it If the Cows continue hampering the guilds that do empower the relics to defend them in any way possible then probably very soon most of the guilds will stop empowering the relics being unable to properly defend them. The resulting spiral effect will be felt by every FS member as the unsunk gold will be dumped on to the marketplace making it prohabitively expensive.

Most people will be angry if this happens. Few because of the lost bonuses. But most because of the further increased fsp prices.

#13 Tegger

Tegger

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 13:27

Defend your Relics however you must (playing within the game rules) as you work hard enough to hold them and Empower them!

and there lies the rub.

If hourly hits aren't kosher, then they shouldn't be allowed in the game. period. But, that's what happens when you have people making rule decisions that don't play the game. It devolves into placating who comes crying first.

#14 Kontiki

Kontiki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 13:36

The downfall of that specific guild had little to do with the relic war and more to do with internal issues.. ;)

I think PvP is a fair way to defend relics, I would actually encourage most guilds to react that way, especially against major guilds who have twice their numbers and/or relics you cannot reach to retaliate. I havent heard of any new rule against this, but if there is then HCS should seriously reconsider..

#15 fs_regnier7

fs_regnier7
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2010 - 14:01

The downfall of that specific guild had little to do with the relic war and more to do with internal issues.. ;)

it -did- give a helluva strong excuse for people to blame outside factors though. :lol:

as for 100 stams, I personally think it's a valid way of defending through discouraging further relic captures or to smack someone around who's giving your guild grief through other means... just a bit difficult to tell when it's with the intent of ruining someone's enjoyment of the game purely for that sake or as a response to another wrongdoing by them.

I think that's what the cows are trying to look at.

#16 fs_phyrstormz

fs_phyrstormz
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2010 - 14:08

Experience is not owned by a player

i will take it whenever i want, from whoever i want, for whatever reason i want

#17 Snowy900

Snowy900

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 14:16

thats a fair point, but if you take someones gold it is fair to expect a bounty and by the same rational if you take a relic that a guild has spent 'x' amount of gold empowering it surely you expect some retaliation for that as well

#18 fs_phyrstormz

fs_phyrstormz
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2010 - 14:26

thats a fair point, but if you take someones gold it is fair to expect a bounty and by the same rational if you take a relic that a guild has spent 'x' amount of gold empowering it surely you expect some retaliation for that as well

which is why they have no right to bitch when they get hit because their guild took my relic

#19 jinks

jinks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 14:32

I'm at a complete loss.

Apparently, we are not allowed to attack players for taking a relic, its classed as harassment, we are not allowed to have any message in our bio saying, my bounty is reserved for such and such, its abusing game rules.

In someones bio, I read, I can take any relic I want because hoof gave me the ability to (or words to that effect), thats fine, no problem with that.

In response to that though, it appears I CAN'T attack anyone I want even though hoof gave me stam gain and an attack button, and the ability to make that attack a 100 stam.

Does that mean I can't attack someone because I don't like them?

I'm very new to PvP, so maybe I'm being dense, if anyone can enlighten me on the rules as HCS see them, please let me know, I can't see anything in the terms of service that stop 100 stam attacks.

#20 fs_skramble

fs_skramble
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2010 - 14:35

If someone asks why they got 100 stammed a few times. Well, "I'm going for your rating".

One good thing about the failed rating ladder :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: