853 replies to this topic

#21 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 14:41

So what's the new rule? Or is this just one more gripe against our favorite ticket answering, anti-pvp cow?

#22 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 26 November 2010 - 14:44

It's actually all very simple.

Relics are a guild thing. PvP isn't a guild thing.

For instance you have to have a group of three guildies to take a relic, its not a solo thing. Relic taking is a guild vs guild thing.

If you look into the gvg pages on the menu I'm fairly sure it states something like exp/gold loss have no place in GvG. This is probably why direct pvp is frowned upon as much as it is, but of course some people like to use pvp in all kinds of situations. Hell on some of these threads people have stated they use 100 stams against people who snipe them in the AH.

I'm fairly sure, in regards to relics that the groups created are meant to be akin to raiding parties, while a mounted defense is meant to represent the defending guild fighting off the raid.

I'm not saying 100 stam hits are wrong as a relic defense, but you were asking to why it's frowned upon.

The simple fact of the matter is, pvp is not as well liked throughout FS as the recent updates would have you believe. I mean sure, throw a few bones out and the doggies will come around for a sniff, the novelty soon fades though. Only the people motivated by greed and the old hardcore pvp'ers carry on as normal, albeit perhaps a few people pick up the trade.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#23 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 14:53

Thats the fun ! when u fight back who take ur guild empowered relic... using 100 stam , conflicts while they hunt ...etc
I like guild wars :twisted:

#24 Khanate

Khanate

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 14:53

It's resources that should be controlled by whoever manages to pull their forces together and make the opponents think that the cost of taking/keeping control over it is too high and eventually back off.

This. And diplomacy, obviously.

#25 fs_phyrstormz

fs_phyrstormz
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2010 - 14:55

It's resources that should be controlled by whoever manages to pull their forces together and make the opponents think that the cost of taking/keeping control over it is too high and eventually back off.

diplomacy = a grown adult crying to the cows about how she/he feels "abused"

#26 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 26 November 2010 - 14:56

Thats the fun ! when u fight back who take ur guild empowered relic... using 100 stam , conflicts while they hunt ...etc

No Shindrak, you like forming guild allegiances to go 5-6 guilds against one in a war remember? Theres a difference.. lol

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#27 Khanate

Khanate

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 14:57

diplomacy = a grown adult crying to the cows about how she/he feels "abused"

No, that is childishness.

Diplomacy is the agreements made due to deterrence of attacks. Whether explicit or implicit these agreements are an essential part of relic defense.

#28 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 14:57

No Shindrak, you like forming guild allegiances to go 5-6 guilds against one in a war remember? Theres a difference.. lol

lol im not just talking about this :)

#29 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 26 November 2010 - 14:58

However you do have a point Shin, GvG against perpetrators that are hunting can be effective, especially if running the new uber SB. We did this just yesterday in fact. Forced a player to quit and waste the buffs we didn't smash.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#30 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 26 November 2010 - 14:59

Diplomacy = A grown adult crying to the cows about how she/he feels "abused"

You need abusing Phyr? :twisted:

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#31 fs_phyrstormz

fs_phyrstormz
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2010 - 15:05

Diplomacy = A grown adult crying to the cows about how she/he feels "abused"

You need abusing Phyr? :twisted:

where do you see an adult :shock:

#32 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 26 November 2010 - 15:06

Any reply to that just seems kinda creepy.. Damn you!

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#33 fs_phyrstormz

fs_phyrstormz
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2010 - 15:12

Any reply to that just seems kinda creepy.. Damn you!

phyr - 1
Mr doom - 0

8)

#34 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 26 November 2010 - 15:13

Choke on that 1!! :x

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#35 rebtex

rebtex

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 26 November 2010 - 15:25

If frequent and constant 100 stamming is not allowed, then shouldn't it be fair that frequent and constant relic taking by the guild from another guild especially when it's a fully empowered relic, also not be allowed?

I disagree. A guild has every right to take a relic whenever they want. Is it rude and looked down on? Yes. Can it be used for childish reasons? Yes. But that is the risk a guild takes when they Empower a Relic. HCS has no place in telling a guild they can't take a relic. It may be a hard pill to swallow but that is just how it is and how it ought to be.

alonesig_lafuria-1.png

#36 jinks

jinks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 15:27

If frequent and constant 100 stamming is not allowed, then shouldn't it be fair that frequent and constant relic taking by the guild from another guild especially when it's a fully empowered relic, also not be allowed?

I disagree. A guild has every right to take a relic whenever they want. Is it rude and looked down on? Yes. Can it be used for childish reasons? Yes. But that is the risk a guild takes when they Empower a Relic. HCS has no place in telling a guild they can't take a relic. It may be a hard pill to swallow but that is just how it is and how it ought to be.

So, why should someone be told to stop 100 stamming someone else?

HCS has no place telling someone they cant attack another player when they give you a button to do just that.

#37 C4RPY

C4RPY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 15:35

So, why should someone be told to stop 100 stamming someone else?

HCS has no place telling someone they cant attack another player when they give you a button to do just that.

Agreed... as long as there is no threats/trash talk etc etc... 10, 50, 100 stams are all part of the game, and HCS allow us to be able to hit players once each hour.. if they are now stopping certain players/guilds doing that then they should do away with allowing us ALL to have the option to hit a player/s every hour.

#38 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 26 November 2010 - 15:41

So .. a few hourly 100 stam hits are now considered harassment?

All in all, I did about 25 100 stam hits, on 7 different players. Thats not even 4 attacks per player.

So how is that unacceptable? I pissed some people off and received much more. Hell, at one point I was getting hammered for 2 days straight, nearly 50 attacks. Was I pissed? Yes. Did I bounty? Hell yes. Did I report to HCS? No. Because I knew that it was part of the damn game! If they give us stam, they give us an attack button, then let us use it the way we want to, just like they let a "certain" guild use their relic attack button the way they want to.

#39 Snowy900

Snowy900

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 15:47

there is no issue with relics being taken as that is part of the game,, the issue is that the guild that has their relic taken has no way of defending the relic or retaliating against the guild that takes it

#40 Removed22342

Removed22342

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 15:51

Yes I'm whining, but I see this as intrusive to players way of making progress in this game (progress doesn't have to mean more levels/medals). Even though this way of defending might be seen as destructive for the group of players challenging the other group for relic control, I simply see it as a pretty decent defense. I've never seen it done, but even overtaking a relic from another group in this way shouldn't matter either (but would obviously seem even more aggressive by the average player).

I know a guild that's been asked to stop defending their relics in the way they know best, that's what's bugging me. That guild is small in numbers but have worked hard to be able to control more relics than they really have resources for if only "allowed" methods are used (read: no-one is allowed to PvP).

Then I hear all these rumors about multis competing for PvP tokens which is clearly _not_ permitted by game rules, running around freely doing their thing and nothing gets done about it. It pisses me off to be frank and leads me to think I might be playing the wrong game all together ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: