Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 February 2011 - 18:23

Hi all,

We've been reading your forum threads and as such we've made some improvements to Guild Conflicts.

- Guilds under level 25 will now be exempt from Guild Conflicts. (This means they can not initiate or be targeted.)

- We've increased the cost to initiate Guild Conflicts against guilds whos GvG rating is 20 points less than your guilds.

- We've increased the time between attacks against the same guild in Guild Conflicts significantly.

We realise there may be still some ways to get around our new system to unfairly gain Guild RP points. One solution could be to increase Guild RP gain based on how challenging the game thinks the Guild Conflicts would be based on both guilds highest ever Guild Conflicts ratings. However this is something we'd like to hear from the players about. So please click the link below and give your feedback to help improve Guild Conflicts for all.

- Additionally we have removed the ability for players to attack our test character - Hooftest.

~ The Fallen Sword Team

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#2 fs_nokio420

fs_nokio420
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2011 - 18:26

no more attacking hooftest? but he's the only person who can always put up a challenge unbuffed! xD

#3 fs_scrogger

fs_scrogger
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2011 - 18:28

I would have preferred seeing ALL players under level50 (prefer 100 but being realistic) to not be able to participate in GvG. Still a nice update though

#4 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 18:28

- Additionally we have removed the ability for players to attack our test character - Hooftest.

Why would you do that? :( Attacking, and besting hooftest is one of the biggest challenges in the game. If it's about him being on the pvp ladder, remove the ability for him to be there again, as it was before the "fix".

#5 fs_katsula

fs_katsula
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2011 - 18:30

Seems like this might work with a few minor adjustments. I say at least you are doing something. For all the people that can't stop complaining, try playing games where the creators don't do anything but add content for just wallet warriors. Try competing with full elite players on your first day playing the game and see if you don't like the PVP system of Fallensword. Least there is a lvl cap to where lvl 1k+ players can't attack lvl 1 players.

#6 fs_nokio420

fs_nokio420
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2011 - 18:34

so we can only do conflicts against another guild once a month? please tell me this is a practical joke or some sort of mess up with the coding

#7 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 February 2011 - 18:37

Oopsie, fixing now =) Give me 5 minutes.

We've also tweaked the time between attacks as well as we feel it was a little too high. As mentioned in the original post we'd like constructive feedback to improve the Guild Conflict system in general.

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#8 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 18:41

The costs are absurdly high (assuming the cost is the same as now), it would cost 4.5m to initiate vs a guild 400 points away.

Once again (just as the last time you penalized higher GVG rating), you are creating an incentive to lose.

#9 Kontiki

Kontiki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 18:41

Target Guild [ ? ]: The Highwaymen
Target GvG Rating: 1309
Max Participants [ ? ]: 4
Attacks [ ? ]: 50
Time Limit 24 Hours
Gold Cost [ ? ]: 1,130,000
FSP Cost [ ? ]: 1

Rating difference is 98. This a little steep IMO. yes, the costs need to increase, but that fast? The got reduced from a system like this for a reason I think

wow..

#10 Scathian

Scathian

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 18:42

For a rating difference of 140 the cost is 1,250,000

#11 RJEM

RJEM

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 18:43

I made this suggestion in another thread - to do with revamping the whole system. Some of the fixes to protect new guilds should be worked into this framework:

First 2 points:

1) The GvG rewards need a revamp.
2) The GvG system does not reward quality - it rewards quantity.

I would be an advocate of a ladder based, resetting reward system for RP. Now - where could we take lessons from on what not to do? I know, PvP.

Let's get the PvP ladders sorted out so that the rewards are allocated as fairly as possible to the best in that range - and then transfer the lessons to the GvG arena.

I don't think we would need level brackets or anything that complicated - just a ladder system where the top ranked guilds on a weekly/fortnightly basis got some kind of payoff. I don't know how much that could be - but something along the lines of:

(GvG Rating at end of period - 1000) * Ranking Multiplier

could work. I'd envisage multipliers a bit like those for TKPs - x2 for 1st, x1.5 for 2nd etc.

In a similar way to TKPs a learning guild could win a few GvGs and earn a few RP that way - but the top guilds could be looking at 5-600 a week. Not being an experienced GvGer I don't know how that stacks up to current rates - but it would eliminate the farming and reward excellence if done right. Obviously the concrete numbers can be tweaked - I'm thinking on the fly here :)

#12 fs_nokio420

fs_nokio420
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2011 - 18:43

the time is fixed. 240 hours is still a good wait, but way more reasonable. the higher gold costs to start conflicts is what caused guilds to let others win so they could lower their rating to make gvg's cost less. an increase is understandable, but that drastic of an increase is excessive

#13 iskandra

iskandra

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 18:44

Hi all,

- Guilds under level 25 will now be exempt from Guild Conflicts. (This means they can not initiate or be targeted.)

i think this is still too low maybe 100+ would be better. On another note any plans in the future for new RP items?

#14 silenced

silenced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 18:45

I think, and so do many that I have just been speaking to, that as a result of these "improvements", you are destroying a part of the game that a lot of people enjoy...

Wouldn't it have been better if targeted players recieved no damage to gear instead, so not cost them anything, rather than make it near on impossible for any guild not already near the top to get better...

I wonder how many players (and how much real cash lost through donations) will be lost as a direct result of this latest "improvement"... will we see the online figures drop even more?

#15 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 February 2011 - 18:46

The costs are absurdly high (assuming the cost is the same as now), it would cost 4.5m to initiate vs a guild 400 points away.

Once again (just as the last time you penalized higher GVG rating), you are creating an incentive to lose.

Ok, we've tweaked the prices slightly to what we feel is reasonable and we've been talking about giving rewards to the top guild access to a special shop for RP lower guilds can't get access too.

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#16 fs_ralphied

fs_ralphied
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2011 - 18:48

Ok, we've tweaked the prices slightly to what we feel is reasonable and we've been talking about giving rewards to the top guild access to a special shop for RP lower guilds can't get access too.

The prices too me are still too insanely high. To pay in the millions to GVG someone is nuts. If we are going to pay that much, we deserve more than 10 RP. Perhaps make the RP reward scalaeable to the rating instead of the cost of gold....

If the GVG rating is 300 away for example, give them 1 RP for a victory, dont charge them 2.7M gold, thats abusrd.

#17 Scathian

Scathian

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 18:51

With a 100 difference in rating the cost to initiate is 450k now

#18 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 February 2011 - 18:51

Re-check the prices, they have been tweaked.

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#19 fs_nokio420

fs_nokio420
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2011 - 18:54

700k for only 150 rating difference is still excessive.

#20 fs_ralphied

fs_ralphied
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2011 - 18:55

Re-check the prices, they have been tweaked.

Instead of the gold can you address changing the amount of RP rewarded instead? This seems a lot more fair than the initiation prices. With guilds paying their members FSP for wins, this new model is going to turn into a book keeping nightmare and an RP scalable system would be a lot easier to manage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: