• This topic is locked This topic is locked
971 replies to this topic

#21 Scathian

Scathian

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 18:57

Re-check the prices, they have been tweaked.

That was after the change. It is better now, but another 25-50% cut is still needed IMO. That is only 100 difference in rating. With that kind of gold needed to GvG you aren't left with many targets unless you go up... and where do the top ranked GvG guilds go then?

#22 fs_esperacius

fs_esperacius
  • Guests

Right.... so let me see if i understand this correctly.... all those who are terrible at gvg, whether thru lack of experience, or indifference to gvg in general, will now have the incentive of having the cheapest initiation costs and therefore the reward of obtaining rp items at the cheapest price possible... riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.... yup... totally makes sense

#23 fs_death1799

fs_death1799
  • Guests

well good job you found a way to pretty much put a halt to gvg....

#24 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 18 February 2011 - 18:58

The prices are still extremely steep.. a 400 difference is almost 2 million.. a 300 difference is 1.4 million.. 200 difference is 925k.. meh goodbye to GVG's I guess?

Also, this is going to have a profound impact on the prices of RP epics, which have been relatively stable and at good prices.. in my opinion. You're going to find that a lot more guilds are going to go back to the old days of the old system where "trading RP for w/l.. or need to lose to lose rating" will happen again but behind the scenes of the FSBox..

Also, I see a very easy way for guilds to overcome the level 25 guideline. If I remember correctly, when this guild started when I was at 400.. we were 25 in a matter of hours from XP gain alone. All it's going to be are GVG guilds shouting for a few "levelers" to get them to 25.. and then once they are there and locked.. kick them. When their rating gets too high, then lets start a new guild.

Edit: Aren't we taking two steps back to updates that people didn't like in the first place? If it's newer players are getting hit and causing them to stop playing the game.. look into these options:

1) Players under XX level do not receive damage to their gear unless it's crystalline. This will stop newer players from logging on into broken gear that they can't repair. The crystalline factor is just so that the gear can't be kept too long in the game.

2) Players under XXX level cannot be targetted in GVG. Put a minimum level on those players who GVG.. sure it might make them annoyed that there's a cap, but if you make it say level 100.. other players shoudl be able to get enough gold somehow to repair their gear.

Either way, the amounts that you have thrown in for initiating GVGs is going back to an old system that didn't work in the first place. The prices are outrageous and this will stop a lot of players from finding something they enjoy to make FSP (whether you're a farmign guild or a higher ranked guild)

#25 fs_goldilox69

fs_goldilox69
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2011 - 18:58

This is outrages. If this update stays its going to make alot of people stop playing. I know i will stop playing if the update stays.

#26 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 February 2011 - 19:00

It only cost more to attack guilds who's rating is lower than yours, if you attack guild equal (within 20 points) or higher rating the price is still the old price of 50,000 gold.

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#27 fs_death1799

fs_death1799
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2011 - 19:00

well good to see hcs is consitant with the horrable updates... why not just up the rp cost for items...

#28 fs_goldilox69

fs_goldilox69
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2011 - 19:01

I think you guys are making the game harder. Your making it that only people who can use real money can play. Gvging is one of the ways people can make fsp without paying. Thats why it should stay the same dont make the game unfair for other people. Gvging is just find the way it is.

#29 llona

llona

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 19:02

ok, so let's make this clear:

I am GvG farmer, so I don't care about my GvG rating, I win the ones that I start and don't defend the ones started against me (I remain with an average GvG rating so it is cheaper for me to start conflicts against other "average" GvG guilds, also don't have a problem finding cheap targets).

I am a real GvG guild, I try to win all conflicts, the ones I started and the ones started against me, I have a high GvG rating, so everytime it becomes more expensive for me to start new conflicts. Also cause I am on the top of the GvG rating list, I have two options spend millions starting conflicts against guilds with lower rating, or wait for "N" days to be able to start against one of the few guilds on top of mine.

In addition, cause I have a high GvG rating, I might end up earning less RP points on a conflict. If you have a low GvG rating you might end up earning more RP points (One solution could be to increase Guild RP gain based on how challenging the game thinks the Guild Conflicts would be based on both guilds highest ever Guild Conflicts ratings.)

Great fix HCS, I thought you were trying to eliminate RP farming guilds, but apparently you are only making things easier for them, and penalizing the real GvG guilds, the ones that have more than 10 active players and care about their GvG rating.

#30 silenced

silenced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 19:04

I think you guys are making the game harder. Your making it that only people who can use real money can play. Gvging is one of the ways people can make fsp without paying. Thats why it should stay the same dont make the game unfair for other people. Gvging is just find the way it is.

well said... :-)

#31 Lsrpm

Lsrpm

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 February 2011 - 19:04

first pvp now gvg?

Cows i know you are trying to make this game better which i like but the new updates are slowly getting me to quit soon..they just arent good ideas or updates...*sigh* i miss the old FS

uwClls8.png

#32 fs_goldilox69

fs_goldilox69
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2011 - 19:05

I do not see how this is a improvement. It looks like HCS is mad :(:((:((:(:(:(

#33 fs_death1799

fs_death1799
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2011 - 19:07

for one harder to get epics means less money for hcs cause people wont spend the points to buy them.. and are these updates ever thought through? or are they allways just put into place then you think utoh thats no good cause thats how it seams..

#34 fs_scrogger

fs_scrogger
  • Guests

It was people and guilds like yours that ruined GvG, glad you wont be able to profit so much on all the noobs that play the game.

#35 fs_shadowfof

fs_shadowfof
  • Guests

I remember you tried to implement this idea that the gold cost is linked with the rating and that didnt work. Why try again??

Anyway...
I would suggest that keep the prices as they were before, but instead raise the time between attacks according to rating, for example:
Guild A with 1000 rating
Guild B with 900 rating

Guild A initiates conflict with Guild B. Either win or lose time to initiate again = 2 weeks
Guild B initiates conflict with Guild A. Either win or lose time to initiate again = 1 week

Thats just an idea, dont know if someone can make it better.-

#36 fs_death1799

fs_death1799
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2011 - 19:09

It was people and guilds like yours that ruined GvG, glad you wont be able to profit so much on all the noobs that play the game.

aww cause we mostly gvg? your an idiot we go against higher guild and defend every incomming attack.. maybe get better info then come back

#37 iskandra

iskandra

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 19:10

Any special reason my posts keep getting removed??

#38 fs_sollimaw

fs_sollimaw
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2011 - 19:10

Greatly reduces multis. Forces guilds to level up before GvGing. Limits time between attacks on the same guild even more.

I see nothing wrong with anything about this update. It is good for the game. It is bad for all those GvG only guilds out there. Perfectly thought out in my opinion.

#39 fs_nokio420

fs_nokio420
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2011 - 19:11

there were many many good ideas from the fs community about how to fix gvg without hurting. the best way to do it is to tie rp to rating. if you keep doing conflicts against guilds with no rating you get 1 rp, go for a guild within 50 rating you get 5 rp, and if you beat someone 51+ rating above you is the only way to get the full 10. raising the cost to start conflict will only cause people to stop or find way around it, but if you change how rp is distributed then you will truly be able to fix gvg. make it about skill and not how many conflicts someone can pull in a day

#40 Mistle

Mistle

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 19:12

The costs are absurdly high (assuming the cost is the same as now), it would cost 4.5m to initiate vs a guild 400 points away.

Once again (just as the last time you penalized higher GVG rating), you are creating an incentive to lose.

This ^

People will always find methods to abuse it anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: