Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 February 2011 - 19:16

ok, so let's make this clear:

I am GvG farmer, so I don't care about my GvG rating, I win the ones that I start and don't defend the ones started against me (I remain with an average GvG rating so it is cheaper for me to start conflicts against other "average" GvG guilds, also don't have a problem finding cheap targets).

I am a real GvG guild, I try to win all conflicts, the ones I started and the ones started against me, I have a high GvG rating, so everytime it becomes more expensive for me to start new conflicts. Also cause I am on the top of the GvG rating list, I have two options spend millions starting conflicts against guilds with lower rating, or wait for "N" days to be able to start against one of the few guilds on top of mine.

In addition, cause I have a high GvG rating, I might end up earning less RP points on a conflict. If you have a low GvG rating you might end up earning more RP points (One solution could be to increase Guild RP gain based on how challenging the game thinks the Guild Conflicts would be based on both guilds highest ever Guild Conflicts ratings.)

Great fix HCS, I thought you were trying to eliminate RP farming guilds, but apparently you are only making things easier for them, and penalizing the real GvG guilds, the ones that have more than 10 active players and care about their GvG rating.

Sorry I think you misunderstood me. My thought was to reward more RP for high rated guilds winning against other high rated guilds. However we waited on making these changes and are trying to give you guys some time to give us feedback to see what would be the best system.

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#42 jinks

jinks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 19:16

Increasing the cost of gvgs is a good idea, but even with the tweaked costs, its still very high.

We try to defend any incoming gvgs, which in turn keeps our rating high and puts some guilds off trying again. We're being punished for that?

#43 iskandra

iskandra

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 19:17

Greatly reduces multis. Forces guilds to level up before GvGing. Limits time between attacks on the same guild even more.

I see nothing wrong with anything about this update. It is good for the game. It is bad for all those GvG only guilds out there. Perfectly thought out in my opinion.

Multis? what multis? there are no multis in gvg guilds....YEAH RIGHT!!!! well said Solli the only people this hurts are the people abusing the system.

i do think the cost to initiate against lower ratings is fairly high and a reduced amount of RP won could be a better option or maybe a bit of both

#44 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 February 2011 - 19:18

for one harder to get epics means less money for hcs cause people wont spend the points to buy them.. and are these updates ever thought through? or are they allways just put into place then you think utoh thats no good cause thats how it seams..

This update was put in to stop new players or guilds being repeatedly targeted in Guild Conflicts forcing them to leave their guilds or the game by Guild RP farmers.

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#45 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 February 2011 - 19:19

Greatly reduces multis. Forces guilds to level up before GvGing. Limits time between attacks on the same guild even more.

I see nothing wrong with anything about this update. It is good for the game. It is bad for all those GvG only guilds out there. Perfectly thought out in my opinion.

Multis? what multis? there are no multis in gvg guilds....YEAH RIGHT!!!! well said Solli the only people this hurts are the people abusing the system.

i do think the cost to initiate against lower ratings is fairly high and a reduced amount of RP won could be a better option or maybe a bit of both

This is something we would consider. We don't want to make the prices too high or the rewards too little however we don't want the same guild targeted over and over for easy RP for too little cost.

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#46 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 18 February 2011 - 19:19

ok, so let's make this clear:

I am GvG farmer, so I don't care about my GvG rating, I win the ones that I start and don't defend the ones started against me (I remain with an average GvG rating so it is cheaper for me to start conflicts against other "average" GvG guilds, also don't have a problem finding cheap targets).

I am a real GvG guild, I try to win all conflicts, the ones I started and the ones started against me, I have a high GvG rating, so everytime it becomes more expensive for me to start new conflicts. Also cause I am on the top of the GvG rating list, I have two options spend millions starting conflicts against guilds with lower rating, or wait for "N" days to be able to start against one of the few guilds on top of mine.

In addition, cause I have a high GvG rating, I might end up earning less RP points on a conflict. If you have a low GvG rating you might end up earning more RP points (One solution could be to increase Guild RP gain based on how challenging the game thinks the Guild Conflicts would be based on both guilds highest ever Guild Conflicts ratings.)

Great fix HCS, I thought you were trying to eliminate RP farming guilds, but apparently you are only making things easier for them, and penalizing the real GvG guilds, the ones that have more than 10 active players and care about their GvG rating.

Sorry I think you misunderstood me. My thought was to reward more RP for high rated guilds winning against other high rated guilds. However we waited on making these changes and are trying to give you guys some time to give us feedback to see what would be the best system.

Don't get me wrong, but I can understand this idea, but what you have switched it to currently was tried a while ago, and resulted in the system for 50k gold 1 FSP for conflicts. Maybe adding an RP bonus or RP penalty depending on the challenge of the ratings at time they were initiated would be the way to go. This system was the reason why we had RP trading in the first place.. it will just be behind the scenes more or less now.

As I suggested before.. either have an tiered RP gain system based on ratings at the initiation of the conflict, finally put a level minimum for GVG initiation, or cut out damage to all gear except crystalline for those who are XX level or below.

#47 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 February 2011 - 19:22

Don't get me wrong, but I can understand this idea, but what you have switched it to currently was tried a while ago, and resulted in the system for 50k gold 1 FSP for conflicts. Maybe adding an RP bonus or RP penalty depending on the challenge of the ratings at time they were initiated would be the way to go. This system was the reason why we had RP trading in the first place.. it will just be behind the scenes more or less now.

As I suggested before.. either have an tiered RP gain system based on ratings at the initiation of the conflict, finally put a level minimum for GVG initiation, or cut out damage to all gear except crystalline for those who are XX level or below.

Ok thank you for your feedback, this is what we are looking for, as mentioned in the news this isn't the end of this update. We want to make it as fair and fun as possible so keep constructive threads like this coming =)

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#48 Kontiki

Kontiki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts

How about giving a % decrease in costs depending on where you are on the ladder? Will give an incentive to climb and get better at doing actual GvG and put you at more risk of being initiated against...?

Just a thought.. Thought I'd throw it out there.

#49 Scathian

Scathian

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 309 posts

How is the game supposed to decide what a challenging GvG is going to be anyways? The smaller the guild the easier it is to defend. And then there is the Suicide sets that the top gvg guilds all wear offline, that adds in challenge. Yes, some of that gets reflected in the GvG rating but most of it isn't...

#50 fs_nokio420

fs_nokio420
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2011 - 19:23

How about giving a % decrease in costs depending on where you are on the ladder? Will give an incentive to climb and get better at doing actual GvG and put you at more risk of being initiated against...?

+1

#51 jinks

jinks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts

Ok thank you for your feedback, this is what we are looking for, as mentioned in the news this isn't the end of this update. We want to make it as fair and fun as possible so keep constructive threads like this coming =)

And once again thanks to you guys for reviewing feedback and tweaking here and there to try to get what is best for the game as a whole.

#52 fs_scrogger

fs_scrogger
  • Guests

well good job you found a way to pretty much put a halt to gvg....

It was people and guilds like yours that ruined GvG, glad you wont be able to profit so much on all the noobs that play the game.

aww cause we mostly gvg? your an idiot we go against higher guild and defend every incomming attack.. maybe get better info then come back

Nope because you and most guilds like yours target low level easy targets simply to farm RP from them, You dont care about your rating one bit as a true GvG does. You can't complain about something when you are part of the cause and the problem.

#53 fs_sollimaw

fs_sollimaw
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2011 - 19:25

Maybe a reverse of the old system? Having a higher rating means lower costs/more rewards, while having a lower rating means higher costs/less rewards.

It removes the disincentive to have a high rating, would make the GvG ladder and getting higher on it more valuable and desirable, and would eliminate farming because you would have to beat guilds with decently high rating and defend your conflicts in order to stay near the top.

#54 iskandra

iskandra

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 19:25

Hi all,

- Guilds under level 25 will now be exempt from Guild Conflicts. (This means they can not initiate or be targeted.)

any chance this gets bumped up to 100+ ?

#55 fs_esperacius

fs_esperacius
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2011 - 19:26

ive gvg'd for about 3 months.... tho recently i have started leveling.... in that time i was able to compile a list of more than 150 viable target guilds.... changing how long it takes to attack the same guild therefore doesnt really have much of an impact to gvg imo... sure its annoying to try and find targets, but if your getting paid in fsp, suck it up!!!! HOWEVER, changing the price of initiating conflit costs is a HUGE change... a difference in rating of 20 is so insignificant as to be almost laughable!!! if you want to charge a bit more (a bit, not millions) for a rating difference of 200, 300... sure, whatever... but 20?!!!!! SERIOUSLY 20!!!!!!!!!!

#56 fs_death1799

fs_death1799
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2011 - 19:27

It was people and guilds like yours that ruined GvG, glad you wont be able to profit so much on all the noobs that play the game.[/quote]
aww cause we mostly gvg? your an idiot we go against higher guild and defend every incomming attack.. maybe get better info then come back[/quote]

Nope because you and most guilds like yours target low level easy targets simply to farm RP from them, You dont care about your rating one bit as a true GvG does. You can't complain about something when you are part of the cause and the problem.[/quote]

i target who ever is in my range but you wouldent know that cause your not in my guild .. so as i said untill you get good info go back to your rock

#57 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Just a thought.. Thought I'd throw it out there.

Not a bad thought.

And once again thanks to you guys for reviewing feedback and tweaking here and there to try to get what is best for the game as a whole.

Thank you, we do try our best.

Hi all,

- Guilds under level 25 will now be exempt from Guild Conflicts. (This means they can not initiate or be targeted.)

What do people think of this?

P.S. Please don't start any flame wars. I have a fire extinguisher ready =P

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#58 jinks

jinks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts

Hi all,

100 would be nice, or at the least 50

#59 fs_scrogger

fs_scrogger
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2011 - 19:28

Hi all,

+1

#60 fs_sollimaw

fs_sollimaw
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2011 - 19:29

Hi all,

+1

50 might be more reasonable, but I personally wouldnt mind seeing 100.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: