Photo

Game Update v1.677

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
971 replies to this topic

#961 fs_impressive

fs_impressive
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2011 - 19:14

Well I'll be working with Hoof later this week to see if we can find the best solution to the problem and when we get something we like we'll post a suggestion up.

What happened to later last week ?!?

Did you meant later this week ?!?

If you don't have any ideas , why not change things back the way they were ?

dunno what you tried to do with these new "improvements".. poor guilds can't gvg ... rich guilds get poor by doing gvg ... guess the minimum level 100 for a guild to start gvg is a good idea , but why not refresh the gvg ladder ? more than 50% of the guilds in the ladder are under level 100 , so finding a guild to gvg with is almost impossible (no need to say that guilds that keep gvging have super expensive gear)

#962 Trecar

Trecar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 20:26

Well I'll be working with Hoof later this week to see if we can find the best solution to the problem and when we get something we like we'll post a suggestion up.

What happened to later last week ?!?

Did you meant later this week ?!?

If you don't have any ideas , why not change things back the way they were ?

dunno what you tried to do with these new "improvements".. poor guilds can't gvg ... rich guilds get poor by doing gvg ... guess the minimum level 100 for a guild to start gvg is a good idea , but why not refresh the gvg ladder ? more than 50% of the guilds in the ladder are under level 100 , so finding a guild to gvg with is almost impossible (no need to say that guilds that keep gvging have super expensive gear)

Agreed, this is getting beyond a joke now. If we had actually attacked all our affordable targets, (ie. under 500k per conflict) at the massive rate of ONE PER DAY, by tomorrow we would be sat waiting for another two weeks to be able to hit anyone again!
Meanwhile, all the noobs, multi's and wannabe's continue unabated.....what a joke!

#963 fs_impressive

fs_impressive
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2011 - 21:42

also may I ask how this is stopping multis ? thanks to the new rules , multis can't make their own gvg guilds , because they need to level them to 100 ... so they just leave and go in a big active guild , that pays for gvg ...
My point is , this update does not stop multis , just makes them hop from one guild to another and by doing this the value of RP items shouldn't be raised , not much at least , but now the gain from gvg/RP goes mostly to the multis and the founders of these big active guilds ...

But why not ? Who cares about the guilds , whose members don't spend money on the game ? Why should they get fsp easy ? everyone must pay for them ! Right ?

#964 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 22:15

Who cares about the guilds , whose members don't spend money on the game ? Why should they get fsp easy ? everyone must pay for them ! Right ?

Well on that note, my wife is the founder of the number 11th guild, and I will tell you that she buys FSP's on a regular basis, so there goes your theory. I am in that guild as well and once again I buy my own FSP's. Now I assume your going to claim that I am a multi. Well once again you would be wrong. We have sent in copies of our ID's and when we buy our points we use different credit cards so that it shows our different names as well, and I wish the 20% bounus would show up so I can drop a few hundered to buy more max stamina.

#965 Trecar

Trecar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 01:58

also may I ask how this is stopping multis ? thanks to the new rules , multis can't make their own gvg guilds , because they need to level them to 100 ... so they just leave and go in a big active guild , that pays for gvg ...
My point is , this update does not stop multis , just makes them hop from one guild to another and by doing this the value of RP items shouldn't be raised , not much at least , but now the gain from gvg/RP goes mostly to the multis and the founders of these big active guilds ...

But why not ? Who cares about the guilds , whose members don't spend money on the game ? Why should they get fsp easy ? everyone must pay for them ! Right ?

Well, frankly, why so many guilds believed in the first place that they had to buy loyalty still astounds me. There are even ones stupid enough to pay for xp gain these days, but that's for another topic.
We pay no-one to play the game, and we sink our own fsp into inititating conflicts, earning RP to create guild epics for everyone in the guild to share. In case you haven't worked it out, this is a team game, and to pay individuals (often nothing more than ignorant noobs with a plague set and no clue about buffs, stats etc) to play (often pretty badly) defies all reasonable logic.
Want to earn fsp, go plant farming. One of our redundant GvGer's is currently getting around 1fsp per 100 stam used in this venture, no risk, no pain. Kinda makes the RP farmers 0.6fsp per 100stam returns look slim....especially given how bad some of them are at actually winning a conflict.
Guilds supply you with all the gear, all the buffs, all the knowledge (well, that's debatable in some cases). They have sunk many fsp into getting structures, and upgrades, and all you do is whine "I deserve paying! me Me MEEEEE!"
The sooner all guilds put their foot down and say no, you do NOT deserve paying, the better.

#966 Freyana

Freyana

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:41

Well, frankly, why so many guilds believed in the first place that they had to buy loyalty still astounds me. There are even ones stupid enough to pay for xp gain these days, but that's for another topic.
We pay no-one to play the game, and we sink our own fsp into inititating conflicts, earning RP to create guild epics for everyone in the guild to share. In case you haven't worked it out, this is a team game, and to pay individuals (often nothing more than ignorant noobs with a plague set and no clue about buffs, stats etc) to play (often pretty badly) defies all reasonable logic.
Want to earn fsp, go plant farming. One of our redundant GvGer's is currently getting around 1fsp per 100 stam used in this venture, no risk, no pain. Kinda makes the RP farmers 0.6fsp per 100stam returns look slim....especially given how bad some of them are at actually winning a conflict.
Guilds supply you with all the gear, all the buffs, all the knowledge (well, that's debatable in some cases). They have sunk many fsp into getting structures, and upgrades, and all you do is whine "I deserve paying! me Me MEEEEE!"
The sooner all guilds put their foot down and say no, you do NOT deserve paying, the better.

+1 Very well stated, Trecar

#967 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 March 2011 - 17:41

We're hoping to have some serious discussion in the office tomorrow about this and try and find a fair solution :)

- hoof

#968 olescruffy

olescruffy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 18:01

+1 Very well stated, Trecar

agreed!

#969 fs_despeado

fs_despeado
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2011 - 06:35

FORN or GRIM can you please go through the gvg ladder and erase or clear out the guilds that have 2 or 3 dead players in them? we cant hit them they are not active and not hitting anyone and they are taking up space and it is getting sad to try to go find targets and everyone i click on is a dead guild due to new rules or multi accounts. thank you

It wouldn't be fair to remove them in a blanket way just like that. If you were the one coming back after 3 months backpacking (just as a theoretical situation) and looking forward to rebuilding your once successful GvG guild, i am sure you would be dismayed to see it had been removed to make it aq bit easier for others to find targets.
If, on the other hand, a suggested rating decay occurred then all guilds would move slowly down, and active guilds gaining points would begin to climb the ladder. Inactives would be moved down off the list, and those preferring a "quieter" life would be made more expensive to hit as time went on....

why don't make virtual rating, like virtual level in player stats.
so a guild will have gvg rating lvl and gvg rating virtual lvl, gvg rating will set to some point (ex : 100) if a guild not have active player more than 3 member who can participate in gvg (inactive more than 7 days), but when more than 3 player on again the gvg rating set back to normal (same as virtual gvg rating).
it will make gvg ladder fill with active guild only, but the inactive guild will get back the old rating if they come back in next 3 months :)

#970 fs_ralphied

fs_ralphied
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2011 - 15:16

Just tried to initiate against guild "GVG Club" who is a level 105 guild, and got the error saying "Target guild must be at least level 100 to initiate a guild conflict."

There appears to be something wrong here.

#971 fs_ralphied

fs_ralphied
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2011 - 15:22

By the way, this is killing higher level GVG. There are not many guilds that can be hit at my character level and the fact that I have to now wait forever to hit them again or pay a ridiculously high amount of gold to hit someone lower is basically destroying GVG at this level. This new system is designed for lower levels which is not really fair in my opinion to the higher level players.

#972 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 04 March 2011 - 17:00

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=101410

[locked]

John Stewart