Photo

Official Suggestion : PvP Improvements (rev. 6)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
976 replies to this topic

#1 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 13 September 2011 - 16:46

Thank you to all players for their feedback on the previous revision.

We're going to try and keep this revision concise to make it easier to read/discuss.

[*:2yg0go4z]PvP Rating starts at 0 when the PvP Ladder resets.

[*:2yg0go4z]Remove the need for the PvP Ladder opt-in/out by reducing the xp loss by 75% when a player has 0 PvP Rating.

[*:2yg0go4z]PvP Rating can only be gained once from a player who has a PvP Rating of 0. (This prevents players not wanting to participate from being hit hourly for PvP Rating).

[*:2yg0go4z]If you are defeated in combat (attacking or defending), you will lose 50% of the equivalent PvP Rating you would have gained if you won the combat. Note that your PvP Rating can never be reduced below 0. Note also you can only gain PvP Rating when initiating combat.

[*:2yg0go4z]Reduce the cost of the PvP Protection and the Protect XP upgrade (XP Lock).

[*:2yg0go4z]PvP Rating can only be gained from a player who has been active in the last 48 hours.

[*:2yg0go4z]Players can only attack other players within +/-10 of their virtual level, unless they have a PvP Rating greater than 0 and are within the top 10 of their PvP Band - they can then attack any of the other top 10 players in their band.

[*:2yg0go4z]PvP Rating is gained with the following formula outwith the bounty board:
PvP Rating Gain = floor(Stamina Used * 0.5) + (floor(Stamina Used * 0.5) * (Opponent PvP Rating / Your PvP Rating))
The PvP Rating Gain is then capped by the amount of stamina used.

[*:2yg0go4z]PvP Rating is gained with the following formula when completing bounties:
PvP Rating Gain = floor(Stamina Used * 0.1) * (Opponent Level / Your Level) + (10 * (Wins / (Wins + Loses)))

[*:2yg0go4z]Change the Gloat/Honor skill to take/protect more gold.

[*:2yg0go4z]Addition of new bound potions for PvP rewards.

[*:2yg0go4z]Change Bounty Tickets so they are purchased with gold instead of Fallen Sword Points. (If this change goes ahead, your current Bounty Tickets will be converted back into Fallen Sword Points).
Please note that an in-game poll will be available within the next 30 minutes regarding this suggestion.

#2 Necra

Necra

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 16:47

+1 - YES PLEASE

#3 livingsin

livingsin

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 16:48

this is PERFECT...I can deal with 75%reduction

#4 livingsin

livingsin

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 16:49

wheres the poll?

#5 LLAP

LLAP

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Best by far, I think 75% reduction is a little over protective but we have to compromise at some point
I like it, glad you listened
+1 from me too!

#6 BaiLong

BaiLong

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

This is the best we are going to come up with that both sides could possibly agree upon.

Thanks for listening Hoof.

#7 LLAP

LLAP

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 16:50

wheres the poll?

Please note that an in-game poll will be available within the next 30 minutes regarding this suggestion.

;)

#8 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 13 September 2011 - 16:50

One major thing to include is the reduction of rating gained against anyone with 0 rating. To prevent players from only targetting levelers to safely pvp.It also makes them even less of a target. Reduced xp, low rating. normal gold.

#9 livingsin

livingsin

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 16:51

sorry was giddy over a GOOD suggestion

#10 fs_johe71

fs_johe71
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2011 - 16:51

so it looks like revision 5 was posted as a smoke screen so everyone would say yes to revision 6 :D

i can live with revision 6...

#11 fs_dsjupiter

fs_dsjupiter
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2011 - 16:53

I think we've found our solution.

#12 BaiLong

BaiLong

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Hate to say it, but I might even dabble in the PvP world if such a revision is put in place lol :oops:

#13 Wiivja

Wiivja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • Badge

rev 5 was alot better sorry

#14 iut044

iut044

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Badge

[*]Reduce the cost of the PvP Protection and the Protect XP upgrade (XP Lock).

How much by and would you consider a permanent pvp protection upgrade ?

#15 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 13 September 2011 - 16:54

[*]If you are defeated in combat (attacking or defending), you will lose 50% of the equivalent PvP Rating you would have gained if you won the combat. Note that your PvP Rating can never be reduced below 0. Note also you can only gain PvP Rating when initiating combat.

Attacking and losing should cause you to lose rating. Agreed.

Being attacked and defeated should not result in rating being lost ( while the attacker gains something) thats rating transfer, and isnt wanted. Cumulative score is what is wanted.

#16 paingwin

paingwin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 16:55

now the 75% is a bit high, BUT its worth it to get the approval of the entire community. i dont see this getting turned down by very many at all. but when did the loss of rating come into play? is that in general or on the BB?

#17 fs_liuskoj

fs_liuskoj
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2011 - 16:56

75% is a lot. But I guess I can live with it :) But why make the pvp protection cheaper when the 75% already applies on most people who would use it, and doesn't it also make abuse possible? Easy to protect rating with it when waiting for stam on ladder.

#18 paingwin

paingwin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 16:56

LOL they offer you 75% reduction in lost exp and you wave it off like its nothing? wow

#19 Wiivja

Wiivja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 September 2011 - 16:59

LOL they offer you 75% reduction in lost exp and you wave it off like its nothing? wow

The other offered no xp and gold loss

#20 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 13 September 2011 - 16:59

BB wasn't mentioned. I think it still needs to take rating -- a PvPer who hits levelers for rating needs to place that rating at risk, since they often don't care about XP during their ladder fight, and they always hide their gold. BB probably shouldn't give rating tho, at least not outwith the +/-10 level band.

Leos mentioned Gaining rating only against those on the BB within 2 bands +/- of yourself. Would this work? Also.Rating cant be lost unless you hit someone and lose. Gaining rating by clearing bounties promotes bounty hunting..which is good. But There isnt a transfer.

One consequence of this is that a "pure" bounty hunter who does no other PvP can enjoy the 75% reduction in XP loss from counter-bounties. I tend to think that's a good thing.

Not sure what u mean? A bounty hunter would gain rating from clearing bounties. Thus opening themselves up to 100% xp loss.

So this looks to me to be heading the right direction. But you still haven't explained why you think non-Pvpers have to lose XP at all, Hoof.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: