Photo

Official Suggestion : PvP Improvements (rev. 6)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
976 replies to this topic

#961 octave666

octave666

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:39

Still think this whole idea stinks like poo.... Get rid of the ladder and alll the so called improvement and go back to the way it used to be... Circa 2009...
True PVP hasnt been fun since the Ladder was implemented...

#962 Arnagast

Arnagast

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:46

I think the one thing hoof can judge from the feedback on this thread, is that the forum needs mods. ;) more then ever. Now he has to sort through a majority of nonsense... to get any sort of valid opinions and ideas.

Couldn't agree more on having mods in here to keep the place civil. Doesn't seem nonsense but its peoples oppinions on a subject that matters to all. One thing we probably can agree on, is that PvP is a very heated topic where both sides are never going to agree which to me, means have an opt-in / out but thats a death sentence to the pvpers. This Rev.6 should be the best way for both we all hope. Would like to see it get tweeked and clarified so we can get this done and over with.

#963 Necra

Necra

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 12:18

So, a "few of you" have decided that you should be the voice of FS where pvp is concerned? Who elected you? lol Sorry, your plan didnt work out just the way you wanted, but hey, thats democracy for ya. And I believe this is why we have a forum, is it not? Good to come prepared though! I do find it difficult to believe that you are putting the needs of non-pvpers on equal footing with your own needs though. Honestly, all Ive seen you do here today is be rather argumentative, which is really not conductive to a forum discussion. Just sayin' :wink:

Im still waiting to see some useful suggestions from you? I would love for you to throw some of these ideas you discussed in Skype at the rest of FS please...dont keep us in suspense! :P

Then why would you think anyone would care what your little PvP "secret committee" thinks, or that it exists ?

@ mek - like ur one to talk
@ law - again with the labels, when you dont like some thing.
what i do on out side chat program and what i discuss is none of your concern and for either one of you to pass judgement is BS. who do you think you are and for me to have to please you and your justifications is ridiculous. get over your self.
if you must know - apparently you have not ready any of the threads for you would have seen " what i have brought to the table"

http://en.wikipedia..../Cyber-bullying

#964 fs_sangdiablo

fs_sangdiablo
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2011 - 13:49

Remove the need for the PvP Ladder opt-in/out by reducing the xp loss by 75% when a player has 0 PvP Rating.

+1 Love it!

Creating the opt in/out for the PvP ladder has generally been good for me, as normally, I don't get farmed anymore (notable exception in my bio). However, since my biggest beef with PvPers attacking me is the XP loss, this sounds like a great alternative. It's not like I lose any of my non-existent rating by another player increasing their rating when they attack me.

This may have been discussed, but I'm not about to read through 75 pages of posts...the only issue I see is bounty tickets being converted back into FSP. If you have a number of bounty tickets that does not divide perfectly by 100, will the FSP amount be rounded up or down? I doubt that partial FSPs or 'change' will be added to the game.

Most of the other suggestions do not matter much to me, as I am not a PvPer, personally. I'll leave those points to the players who DO PvP to discuss.

Contrary to popular belief, I do not wish all PvPers would die in a fire...I do have some respect for the ones that know what they are doing.

#965 KitiaraLi

KitiaraLi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 15 September 2011 - 14:27

Then why would you think anyone would care what your little PvP "secret committee" thinks, or that it exists ?

Uhm for the same reason you always seem to think we should care about and believe you speak for a whole bunch of ppl? You have claimed many times that you "have spoken to many ppl and they all agree that..."

Do try n keep a civil tone, this thread has been derailed so many times, and it is mind numbing why there hasn't been a single moo moo around to moderate.

No one can deny that we changed this game and influenced it in such a way that NO ONE could compete with us.. so much so that they changed the rules. ~Abhorrence, chosen founder of Cerulean Sins

#966 KitiaraLi

KitiaraLi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 15 September 2011 - 14:52

What I talk about with ppl in private, is none of your concern.
You, I do not talk with in private, so you I reply to in public!

No one can deny that we changed this game and influenced it in such a way that NO ONE could compete with us.. so much so that they changed the rules. ~Abhorrence, chosen founder of Cerulean Sins

#967 Mekrushu

Mekrushu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 15:04

So, a "few of you" have decided that you should be the voice of FS where pvp is concerned? Who elected you? lol Sorry, your plan didnt work out just the way you wanted, but hey, thats democracy for ya. And I believe this is why we have a forum, is it not? Good to come prepared though! I do find it difficult to believe that you are putting the needs of non-pvpers on equal footing with your own needs though. Honestly, all Ive seen you do here today is be rather argumentative, which is really not conductive to a forum discussion. Just sayin' :wink:

Im still waiting to see some useful suggestions from you? I would love for you to throw some of these ideas you discussed in Skype at the rest of FS please...dont keep us in suspense! :P

what i do on out side chat program and what i discuss is none of your concern and for either one of you to pass judgement is BS. who do you think you are and for me to have to please you and your justifications is ridiculous. get over your self.
if you must know - apparently you have not ready any of the threads for you would have seen " what i have brought to the table"

Oh Ive read every word...and once again, I STILL am not seeing anything helpful from you, if your big plan was so important and "ready to be presented", then why is it now a secret? lol Who am I...Im an FS player, with the right to be heard in this forum, whether you like it or not. Twisting our words and avoiding answering isnt going to change a thing. If you feel so strongly that you are being judged, pehaps that is just your own guilty conscience...no one here is saying YOU are a bully, but the fact is, they do exist in FS and openly admit it, so why is that so hard for you to understand? We want to work with the pvpers, not mince words...Endeavor to make some sense pls and try not being so hostile! This is getting us nowhere, fast :?

The issues still remain:

PVPers dont like how the ladder is working.
Levelers dont like how the BB is working.
Result is both are now dead! Suggestions pls....

FSsig.jpg

Tact is for those that lack the intelligence to be sarcastic!

#968 Necra

Necra

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 15:10

Oh Ive read every word...and once again, I STILL am not seeing anything helpful from you, if your big plan was so important and "ready to be presented", then why is it now a secret? lol Who am I...Im an FS player, with the right to be heard in this forum, whether you like it or not. Twisting our words and avoiding answering isnt going to change a thing. If you feel so strongly that you are being judged, pehaps that is just your own guilty conscience...no one here is saying YOU are a bully, but the fact is, they do exist in FS and openly admit it, so why is that so hard for you to understand? We want to work with the pvpers, not mince words...Endeavor to make some sense pls and try not being so hostile! This is getting us nowhere, fast :?

so you read rev-2,3,4,5,and 6?

#969 Kontiki

Kontiki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 15:12

Thank you to all players for their feedback on the previous revision.

We're going to try and keep this revision concise to make it easier to read/discuss.

[*:np2aul55]PvP Rating starts at 0 when the PvP Ladder resets.

[*:np2aul55]Remove the need for the PvP Ladder opt-in/out by reducing the xp loss by 75% when a player has 0 PvP Rating.

[*:np2aul55]PvP Rating can only be gained once from a player who has a PvP Rating of 0. (This prevents players not wanting to participate from being hit hourly for PvP Rating).

[*:np2aul55]If you are defeated in combat (attacking or defending), you will lose 50% of the equivalent PvP Rating you would have gained if you won the combat. Note that your PvP Rating can never be reduced below 0. Note also you can only gain PvP Rating when initiating combat.

[*:np2aul55]Reduce the cost of the PvP Protection and the Protect XP upgrade (XP Lock).

[*:np2aul55]PvP Rating can only be gained from a player who has been active in the last 48 hours.

[*:np2aul55]Players can only attack other players within +/-10 of their virtual level, unless they have a PvP Rating greater than 0 and are within the top 10 of their PvP Band - they can then attack any of the other top 10 players in their band.

[*:np2aul55]PvP Rating is gained with the following formula outwith the bounty board:

PvP Rating Gain = floor(Stamina Used * 0.5) + (floor(Stamina Used * 0.5) * (Opponent PvP Rating / Your PvP Rating))
The PvP Rating Gain is then capped by the amount of stamina used.

[*:np2aul55]PvP Rating is gained with the following formula when completing bounties:
PvP Rating Gain = floor(Stamina Used * 0.1) * (Opponent Level / Your Level) + (10 * (Wins / (Wins + Loses)))

[*:np2aul55]Change the Gloat/Honor skill to take/protect more gold.

[*:np2aul55]Addition of new bound potions for PvP rewards.

[*:np2aul55]Change Bounty Tickets so they are purchased with gold instead of Fallen Sword Points. (If this change goes ahead, your current Bounty Tickets will be converted back into Fallen Sword Points).
Please note that an in-game poll will be available within the next 30 minutes regarding this suggestion.

Back on topic, please? :)

#970 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 15 September 2011 - 15:25

The idea is sound. What needs to be addressed is:

Does the first attack only take 75% of the normal xp, or will all attacks against 0 rating be 75% less xp?

The suggestion of only being able to hit # of 0 rated players per reset, ie: each defeat = Minus 1 rating. Any player with -5 rating no longer awards rating if defeated in combat.

The suggestion of each bounty kill awarding the modified rating to the player when the bounty is cleared, BUT also for every kill on a bounty.. that player loses 1 rating. (which is basically Sunk)

The suggestion of a grace period once a bounty is placed. ie: I get bountied, instead of my next hourly free hit, I have to wait # time remaining + 1 hour.

The suggestion of all bounty Clears being bountyable. Ie: stackable

The suggestion of any and all repeated pvp hits off the board being bountyable.

This is for hoof to look at and ultimately make the choice.

#971 Mekrushu

Mekrushu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 15:39

so you read rev-2,3,4,5,and 6?

Unfortunately, yes...What has been seen, cannot be unseen! LOL Granted, I skipped over some of the known babblers with nothing important to offer. I didnt bother to comment though, too busy with my sick kid, who now is thankfully back to school! :)

FSsig.jpg

Tact is for those that lack the intelligence to be sarcastic!

#972 bulseye71

bulseye71

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 15 September 2011 - 15:41

I do not PVP that part of the game interests me not at all. i do enjoy questing, leveling, and inventing. You will never entice me to pvp so why not give players like myself the option to opt out of pvp all together. Let us enjoy the aspects of the game that we enjoy and let those who enjoy pvp pvp till their heart is content. Until I have option to opt out of pvp totally you will not get another donation for the game.

I don't feel this way per se...BUT there are many I know personally in the game that fell exactly the same way...inf act, so good players I know have virtually quite because they are tired of the PvP aspect of the game and wish to opt out...and I can;t blame them...esp with the way it keeps changing....

#973 Snowy900

Snowy900

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 15:45

I do not PVP that part of the game interests me not at all. i do enjoy questing, leveling, and inventing. You will never entice me to pvp so why not give players like myself the option to opt out of pvp all together. Let us enjoy the aspects of the game that we enjoy and let those who enjoy pvp pvp till their heart is content. Until I have option to opt out of pvp totally you will not get another donation for the game.

I don't feel this way per se...BUT there are many I know personally in the game that fell exactly the same way...inf act, so good players I know have virtually quite because they are tired of the PvP aspect of the game and wish to opt out...and I can;t blame them...esp with the way it keeps changing....

This is what i dont understand,, why start playing a pvp based game if you dont like pvp.
you have plenty of options in the game to help you avoid most pvp aspects,, except the majority refuse to use them, using lame excuses again and again.
its just either plain laziness or selfishness that you blame pvpers

#974 4gottn4ver

4gottn4ver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 15:50

2) some of them I don't agree with (like the people who will be happy when PvP is dead and buried.)

which is what mostly you an these whiners want because you can't have both ends of the candle burning at same time an still hang onto it. want PvP aspect of the game dead an gone to make the game ' better ' yea look what happen to a game mostly like that the cows had SigmaStorm2, the cows gave up an walked away from it. it was mostly nothing but LvL'ing and only could PvP at certain places/ times in the game. so yea that is a great plan for all these stuck ups sole LvL'ers to look forward to here on FallenSword to turn into SS2 an the cows give up an walk away from it. not only do the these great LvL'ers want PvP aspect gone from the FS game they want the FS game dead an gone.

just seems the PvP'ers no matter how active they are part of the FS game are willing to work with LvL'ers but these whiners of sole LvL'ers mostly just want everything on their side to happen and to kill off PvP. want PvP gone from the FS game try this one game on then so can be safe from PvP.

Lil' Suzie's Tea Party an you can be in charge of tea bags. :D

#975 granimere

granimere

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 15:53

I still suggest a high level vision should have the ability to "see through" cloak:)
I love how you guys put the code in the post! I'm going to school for programming and that is just too cool:)

#976 Kontiki

Kontiki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 15:57

The idea is sound. What needs to be addressed is:

Does the first attack only take 75% of the normal xp, or will all attacks against 0 rating be 75% less xp?

The suggestion of only being able to hit # of 0 rated players per reset, ie: each defeat = Minus 1 rating. Any player with -5 rating no longer awards rating if defeated in combat.

The suggestion of each bounty kill awarding the modified rating to the player when the bounty is cleared, BUT also for every kill on a bounty.. that player loses 1 rating. (which is basically Sunk)

The suggestion of a grace period once a bounty is placed. ie: I get bountied, instead of my next hourly free hit, I have to wait # time remaining + 1 hour.

The suggestion of all bounty Clears being bountyable. Ie: stackable

The suggestion of any and all repeated pvp hits off the board being bountyable.

This is for hoof to look at and ultimately make the choice.

Plus;
The suggestion to remove XP lock for the rest of the period if you initiate an attack. (similar to PvP protection)

#977 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 15 September 2011 - 15:59

Thank you for all your feedback on this revision. We will be taking a look over the thread next week and posting up the next (and hopefully final) revision for everyone to take a look at :)

Note we'll also put up another in-game poll next week for the next revision.

[locked]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: