403 replies to this topic

#361 volcom

volcom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:02

We could change all the top rated lists to exclude inactive accounts :)

Yes this would be GREAT but this would also need to apply to guild top rated... perhaps if 80% or more of the guild is inactive then it gets removed from the list?

Edited by volcom, 07 October 2013 - 04:02.

#362 volcom

volcom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:08

Oh and Thank You Hoof for taking the time to actually read our suggestions and taking heed to them!!! *Bear Hugs for HOOF!* 

It's so heart-warming to know that our Devs actually care! :D

#363 volcom

volcom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:18

I have a suggestion for the PvP Ladder system. I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet but as well know, items invented from ladder tokens are next to worthless these days. I remember the gold old days when I could sell a Sekhs set for a good 100 fsp and feel good about it. Nowadays I'll be lucky to get even 15 fsp for the set. 

That being said, I suggest that there be a special reward for players who consistently win 1st place on their ladder. For example, if I won 1st place 3 days in a row, I get some extra special reward (not a regular old token). If I won 4-5-6-7 days in a row, then your reward would increase either in number or value of the reward. The idea would be that these "extra" special rewards would be used to invent much more powerful items (maybe even epics). 

Also I believe that this would discourage people from "trading" off wins on the ladder (I KNOW this has been brought up many times). Instead of trading 1st place, people would be encouraged to actually try to win on the ladder. Plus this will definitely get more people interested in the PvP Ladder.

Let me know what you think and if you like this idea, be sure to give it a thumbs up ^__^

#364 volcom

volcom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:23

Also when are the other new buffs being introduced? (Such as All For One, Artful Bandit, Cloudy Crafter, Encouraging Talk (what in the world does that one do??? o.O), etc.) 

Sorry for 'spamming' the topic with a bunch of posts all at once but I have a lot to say ^__^

#365 sleepysock

sleepysock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:40

You can already compare items in your backpack to your equipped items as long as you haven't ticked the 'Disable Item Compare' option in your preferences. Or did you mean make this work somewhere else in the game?

Item compare doesn't work in the Auction House (at least for me). Would be nice to have that added :)

#366 Rosborough

Rosborough

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:42

i Personally would love to see a direct link to the "Scout Tower"  through the guild menu. as a titan hunter this would be much more efficient ='] i would also like to see some sort of "party" option so you can join people your level and get an exp boost/ share from hunting on the same map/realm as them. it would also be nice to have a party chat as well, this would allow players in their level range to give each other tips and advice on the game, as well as quests that they are having issues with =]

#367 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:54

Yes this would be GREAT but this would also need to apply to guild top rated... perhaps if 80% or more of the guild is inactive then it gets removed from the list?

And so exclude the 20% active players? And make it even harder to revive the guild because they are consigned to anonymity?

If this gets applied to guilds, the threshold for inactivity really HAS to be 100%

Edited by rowbeth, 07 October 2013 - 05:56.

#368 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:01

And so exclude 20% active players? And consign the guild to make it even harder to revive the guild because they are consigned to anonymity?

If this gets applied to guilds, the threshold for inactivity really HAS to be 100%

I don't agree with the previous guys 80% inactive, but, on the same token, I don't think I'd agree with your definition either.

There's a LOT of guilds holding LONG-TERM inactive players as mules and because of their contributed XP - maybe if a guild has more than 40%-50% inactives then it should no longer show ?

Hoof could just add a 3rd listing to the guild top 250 ? - Already we have listings by "ACTUAL GUILD XP" and "LOCKED GUILD XP" - maybe add "%age ACTIVE" or some other wording.

The top guild listings, whilst historically accurate, don't necessarily reflect a true picture of the top guilds in all cases...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#369 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:31

Any commitment to content timetabling possible?

In my experience, trying to timetable content causes a lot more trouble than it fixes.

#370 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:58

Can we have a preference to disable map effects please?  (I'm thinking of the moving 'seas' on map surrounds which seem to slow down play as well as making most of us sea sick!)

Edited by Lahona, 07 October 2013 - 11:03.

#371 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:02

The messages that appear at the bottom of the map when titan hunting -- could these be limited to one message unless a new message is different please?  ie if you get the message 'you cannot initiate an attack yet' you only get that message once and no more messages until you get the message 'the creature does not exist on that square'

#372 thering66

thering66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:31

how about adding a small note in the ignore list? i can't remember why i put some people ignore list

#373 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:51

A new XP level formula for composing ... with this one it gets hard to fast and people with few time, frags or gold can't get a decent level and loose interest. It's also discouraging that it takes months just to get to doubler or AM. To try and make starting with composing easier and get people to actualy try it, the XP formula needs to be changed.

If you would change the amount of XP needed for next level from linear to the power of 2 then you would get fast leveling at start and slow leveling at the end. The total XP formula will then be a with a power of 3. A XP formula with the same XP at level 50 is for example:

XP =((LVL-1)^3)*5

For comparasing I have put the old and new formula in a graph:

Knipsel_zpseac9b4e4.jpg

XP =((LVL-1)^2)*25      XP =((LVL-1)^3)*5

Edited by koenvdv, 07 October 2013 - 12:58.

#374 spyders

spyders

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Badge
  • Italy

Posted 07 October 2013 - 14:49

can we see what a creature drops when we hunt it on mapps? ...

#375 spyders

spyders

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Badge
  • Italy

Posted 07 October 2013 - 14:51

when you click on  View Creatures

#376 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 14:58

maybe have a link on the View Creature screen that can take you to the Ultimate Fallen Sword Guide

#377 spyders

spyders

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Badge
  • Italy

Posted 07 October 2013 - 15:07

if are more cretures on the same  map  can we chose what we can kill and not......maybe stats are different from creature to another  and my set up cant kill both

#378 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 15:10

your choice is already there.. press 1-9 accordingly 

#379 spyders

spyders

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Badge
  • Italy

Posted 07 October 2013 - 15:27

i know that ,but if you are lvling fast and you press 1-9 and 0  you will kill all is there  even if you dont press 6,7,8 where the second creature is ....we can have it in preference or in  view creature like option to exclude that creture from mapp ,make it invisible for us

#380 killafrog

killafrog

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 15:42

What about a contest to have fan made items to help get more content out to us? I know stats may best be left to the mods, but if we can get you guys wonderful item looks for you to release, would that not be helpful?  ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: