#21 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 26 March 2014 - 18:52

Furthermore, we are thinking that anyone who takes a bounty cannot be bountied for taking it. This would mean being a Bounty Hunter would no longer be more damaging to the Hunter, making it a viable part of the game again. However, we would like constructive feedback regarding this.

^^

I don't get how hcs is thinking on this subject.

On the one hand, we have players pvping ( hourly, gold, prestige hits) and being possibly punished for it by being bountied.

On the other hand we have players accepting those bounties , hitting them for prestige, smasher ticks, rewards, etc. And being told: It's ok, no risk for you, we don't want you getting hurt.( if this update goes through)

Seriously, what the heck. o.O

( kudos to another attempt to stop scripting)

#22 y0da

y0da

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 18:59

This once again brings up the BB flaws. For the sake of integrity, I completely agree that a 10 stamina clear should not be re-bountied. Although most players already play in this manner, there are some that do not and that discourages many of us from participating in clearing a bounty, essentially removing that part of the game for us. This problem was made worse after the release of the smasher medal. For the record, I do agree with the point that others are making against a complete re-bounty ban.

#23 Bonnie4U

Bonnie4U

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

How about brining back the Bounty champion pot for one!.

Second Bounty hunters should be able to be bountied back.

Third the pvp ladder should have a bit more range in my mind and should be allowed to be bountied as well.

Forth, this is a little off subject but fits into the bounty hunting aspect, how about getting ride of the tickets part of it. Otherwise the board is gonna be just as dead as it is now...Back in the day it use to be busy busy, now there is nothing.

Another thought would be for those smashers out there that like taking 5 levels make it were who ever wins the bounty cant be bountied but others can. Just a thought even though it wouldnt bother me none!!

As far as the titans. havnt delt much with em, so no comment on that end!!!

#24 pigsplint

pigsplint

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

I disagree with PvP ladder hits being non-bountyable, otherwise the ladder can be abused by a certain few to make hits with no repercussions.. This will lead to abuse.

Changing the bounty board in the manner you propose will also  lead to abuse,  there are many that do not understand the dynamic of the bounty board including the prescribed ettiquette used while taking bounties.. It will be a large mistake  to take bounties non bountyable.. Also making a bounty not expire is counter productive, if no one takes that bounty that is not the fault of the person posted.. And while on this subject and seeing the thread that these proposed changes stemmed from, I am in firm disagreement these changes. I have taken many bounties from this guild that is accused and never had a problem with any of them except for a few.. The BB has worked fine for many years and so has the PvP ladder.. This is a sure way to make PvP like GvG, an uphill lack of fun..

#25 Spider0007

Spider0007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 19:01

1. Stop titan scripting! This has been going on for years and its about time something is going to be done.

2. PvP ladder hits should NOT be bountyable! No brainer right? What happens on the ladder should stay on the ladder.

3. Bounties should expire! This was a much needed change which gives incentive for players to battle it out while on the bounty board. No need to change it back as very few bounties hit the expiration time anyway.

4. Bounty hunters should be able to be bountied! Of course, they're attacking players and should be able to be bountied for it. Its part of the risk. But we don't need more bounty hunters, we need more bounties!

#26 uncola

uncola

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 26 March 2014 - 19:04

Anyways the titan stuff, still skeptical that anything will work until i see something actually be applied, but that's my opinion and kudos for updating and trying something. 

I do have a suggestion ( about the bounty board and it not expiring ), what if you change it so that the number hits possible is reduced (By 1) for every day the bounty is live i.e. 3 days after the bounty was placed it would take 7 hits to complete the bounty instead of 10. With a minimum of 1 hit. 

Any feedback or or alterations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time. 

ps . Spawn titans after hours of it being defeated not days.  ;)  :ph34r:  -_-  <_<

#27 pigsplint

pigsplint

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 19:06

the winner, if they used 10 stamina attacks, should not be able to be placed on the bounty board.. all others should be open for a bounty like how they are now..

Only problem with that is, if they don't clear the bounty in a timely manner others will take the bounty, like say taking an hour in between hits and why should they have the reward of not being able to be bountyed if they don't do a timely clear?

#28 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 19:06

Thumbs up to de-scripting (now for the rest of the game, lol).

Furthermore, we are thinking that anyone who takes a bounty cannot be bountied for taking it. This would mean being a Bounty Hunter would no longer be more damaging to the Hunter, making it a viable part of the game again. However, we would like constructive feedback regarding this.

I'm going to try and summarize and get to suggestion: If you are a bounty hunter in real life, there is danger to you.

Removing the "perceived danger" to a bounty hunter would simply make it easier to take 5 with zero repercussions. This is completely illogical.

Yes, wars go down and Guilds decide not to hit because their "personal preference" is to level. That's their decision.

This is an extremely complicated issue because the whole logic of a bounty hunter has been twisted and deformed since the beginning.

But in essence, removing risk from PvP... any type of PvP... is counter-logical to me.

My suggestion would be quite the contrary if you have to make a change: If someone wants to take a bounty, force them to 100 stam hit.

It seems logical to me that someone that bothers to place a bounty wants the most damage done. I've never understood why Bounty Hunters are allowed to kill softly to reduce their risk.

Making this change should make the levelers happier. It might even please them to know that when they bounty a PvPer, that PvPer's friends will at least have to do some damage.

Of course, my suggestion could be yet another strike against PvP...

Apologies as I know this isn't a well-explained post. Just consider it a 10 stam Egami comment... and be thankful ,oP

Prosperous smacking!

#29 pigsplint

pigsplint

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 19:08

I would like to be able post someone on my or my guilds hitlist if someone on my PvP ladder is in that list

Edited by pigsplint, 26 March 2014 - 19:18.

#30 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 March 2014 - 19:11

Forced 100 stam hitting for bounty clearing .. I think not Egami. Your essentially forcing a Bounty Hunter to also be a PvP Smasher as well. Log that into the never going to happen forum thread.

#31 Teuchter

Teuchter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 19:16

gre4at  idea on scripting , titans have been a major source of cheating since they were introduced, and still are with certain members of the community,

ladder hits being  not eligible for bb  great ,

not sure on BB,  for sure 100 stam hits should be bountied,

great  idea on scripting , titans have been a major source of cheating since they were introduced, and still are with certain members of the community,

not sure on BB,  for sure 100 stam hits should be bountied,  :angry: 

great  idea on scripting , titans have been a major source of cheating since they were introduced, and still are with certain members of the community,

not sure on BB,  for sure 100 stam hits should be bountied,  :angry: 

#32 bleacher12

bleacher12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 19:17

Bounty hunters not being bountyable in general is a terrible idea. All it'll do is bring the cowardly smashers out in force since now there is no fear of retribution.

If I'm targeted for a de-leveling party on the board, by doing this you've just taken away my one means of getting back at the de-levelers.

Not to mention you are demeaning the bounty hunting and smasher medals earned by players under the threat of counter bounties.

#33 myakka

myakka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 March 2014 - 19:19

From what I am hearing in the discussion above and from my general non-pvper's experience of the game is that there are two categories of hits: 1) acceptable ones 2) unacceptable (dirty) ones.

I do not know that I understand this distinction completely, but this is it for the record:

Acceptable hits: use 10 stam, do not steal a significant amount of gold, use conserve, do not repeatedily single someone out to be a target

Unacceptable (dirty) hits: use 100 stam, steal alot of gold, steal alot of XP, repeatedly target a specific player. accept a bounty without completing it -- thus allowing more XP to be taken

My GUESS as to what needs to happen is that people agree on what exactly these two categories are and the ones in the unacceptable category are the ones that are universally bountiable while the acceptable ones are only bountiable for players who are not playing the ladder or on the bounty board.

This will codify what most players tend to think the rules should be,

#34 jer

jer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 26 March 2014 - 19:20

the winner, if they used 10 stamina attacks, should not be able to be placed on the bounty board.. all others should be open for a bounty like how they are now..

I like this idea, then the medal is not free and anyone going for medal can be added to the targets on the bourd

#35 bleacher12

bleacher12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 19:23

While I dislike ladder hits being bountyable and find most such instances cowardly, there are times it is good to have where a player is being a bully or picking fights with my guild, I'd like to be able to hit every opportunity I get to get that player to back off.

This is a PVP game is it not? Why all this policing and softening of this aspect of the game? It's been crippled enough, why all these half measures? Either get rid of PVP altogether or do something to improve it, stop with the this slow crippling of the best aspect of this game.

#36 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 19:25

I edited RJ's original post to include only the ones I thought were "interesting".

if you truly wish for bounty hunting to be a viable part of the game again, you need to help encourage PvP and placing a bounty ;)

a couple suggestions...

Placing a Bounty should cost NO tickets! Gold/FSP reward is good enough

PvP events that promote gold theft and PvP prestige farming (WEEKLY!)

PvP Prestige needs to be reworked to let players use up certain amount of Prestige when the activate (non of this all or nothing) .. the more Prestige you use after the 10% is achieved, the longer it lasts.

Implement a Bounty Pot reward system.. prizes could vary from gold, FSP, potions, PvP Prestige, PvP Tokens, etc

Applause out to RJ for some constructive suggestions.

#37 demon42693

demon42693

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 March 2014 - 19:29

if you truly wish for bounty hunting to be a viable part of the game again, you need to help encourage PvP and placing a bounty ;)

^ +1

Grimm, I fail to see how removing counterbounties is a good idea. Sure, it's OK when being 10-stam cleared, but what if I were to gather up a few of my friends and 100 stam a random bounty and take the full 5 levels just for kicks and giggles. What then would be their options for vindication other than a strongly worded letter? We would have just cost some 5 levels and all it would have cost me was a few 100 stam, which can be regained while I sleep, and a bounty ticket.

I agree with RebornJedi. If you want to revive the bounty board, change the Smasher Medal back to its original purpose in order to give people a reason to bounty other players again. When the Smasher Medal first came out, the board was FULL of people, but once you changed it to not count real PvP hits, the board died.

#38 bleacher12

bleacher12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 19:34

With expiring bounties I for one enjoyed the aspect of defending when I was on the board and the the challenge of clearing a bounty where the target was defending.

With non-expiring bounties what's the point in defending? Why is HCS trying so hard to destroy every good aspect of PVP?

#39 Spider0007

Spider0007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 19:35

Here are some constructive feedback regarding what could be done to help improve the pvp experience.

General PvP: 

1. PvP smasher ticks should be awarded for all 100 stam attacks. This includes bounty board, ladder hits, and most importantly direct pvp attacks.

2.  Deflect needs to be nerfed. The activation rate is insanely high causing the time required to complete a bounty or make viable ladder hits too long.  I suggest that when deflect activates, it allows the time to hit again to be reduced by 1/2.....meaning, if I get deflected in a direct pvp or ladder attack, I can hit again in 30 minutes rather than 1 hour.  If I get deflected on a bounty board or gvg hit, I can hit again in 1 minute rather than 2. This keeps deflect as an important buff but doesn't overpower to the point that it is now.  Also, I wouldn't mind having deflected hits not being bountyable also lol.

3.  Make pvp prestige able to be used in increments rather than all or nothing.  This will encourage everyone to pvp from time to time.

PvP Ladder improvements:

1. Make pvp ladder hits unbountyable. That way it stays a player vs player competition.

2. Make the pvp ladder token gear crystalline. Yes! Convert it all to crystalline so that it breaks and needs to be replaced. There by making pvp tokens useful and require them to be used often.

3.  Make some potions available to be made using PvP Ladder tokens. This way tokens will be useful and used often.

#40 handitover

handitover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 19:38

Titan update nice to see something is trying to done to finally catch the cheats.As for bounty hunters not able to counter don.t argee on that.This game started as a pvp game first.As some complain about being 100 stamed on the bb my opion is 100 should be the min hit for bb.10 stam hits for bounty is not really penlizing anyone for hitting players for gold or prestige.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: