#41 Dowster

Dowster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 26 March 2014 - 19:44

My humble opinions.

Ladder hits should not be bountyable, you're inviting PvP by opting in and responding to it by using a system that is supposed to be there as a method of dealing with unwanted PvP attention

Bounties should not expire, at least not unless they have been up for a silly amount of time like 10 days+ the main thing that put me off bounty hunting was getting abuse from people after clearing them with 10 stams because they were counting on their bounty being left to expire. It seems a fairly pointless system if posted players can get on and off the board with no loss, especially when that seems to have become the most commonly expected outcome.

Counter bounties do often serve a purpose, particularly as a bounty is the best oppertunity to take levels from someone, and if a whole guild or group of people jump on a bounty they may need to be smacked back. I can however see the appeal of implementing some method of standard bounty hunting as a kind of low risk enterprise - since most other aspects have optional low risk versions now. So perhaps a good compromise would be that a bounty hunter could not be counter bountied unless they hit with more than 10 stam. So someone clearing with 10 x 10 would not be counterable, but any hit above 10 stam would make a counter bounty possible.

#42 volcom

volcom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 March 2014 - 19:45

Can't bounty on bounty hunters? You must be kidding HCS... Kinda takes the BOUNTY out of the Bounty Board... You believe that this will help encourage people to bounty hunt? All its going to do is encourage them to get their free smasher medals (who almost everyone has now), even faster...

Plus, deleveling parties should always have the option for retaliation... 

#43 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 March 2014 - 19:48

Furthermore, we are thinking that anyone who takes a bounty cannot be bountied for taking it. This would mean being a Bounty Hunter would no longer be more damaging to the Hunter, making it a viable part of the game again. However, we would like constructive feedback regarding this.

why not the hunter can be bountied, but the guild/members can't accept the bounty on the hunter or hunted. if any attacks was made outside of bounty board, say for gold then guild members can accept the bounty and attack.

its a bit hard for me to explain but i hope someone understand what i mean.

also why not if the player hits higher then 10 stamina they can be counter-bountied.

Edited by Alisa, 26 March 2014 - 19:53.

sigma_468x60.jpg

#44 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 19:50

Methinks separate threads for the three issues would be good.

1) Most folk think the move to make titan scripting harder is good - I'd love to see that and know it was a level playing field.

2) The ladder hits seem to have a majority of support but for a few folk who like to have more opportunities to hit folk they/their guild don't like. Just hit these people you don't like then. But of course the point is to get them onto the usually dead BB (current activity - ZERO) so they can be dropped 5. And bounties are currently abused on the ladder. Removing that abuse may make the ladder more interesting. And cause more people to give it a try. The problem of one guild having a bunch of people in one level range and co-operating... that seems to me to be playing the game - sucks to be in that level band, but what is the alternative? Banning more than one guildie from being in any one level band? How would that promote activity?

3) I will say that again - current activity as I type on the BB - ZERO. As it is it is terribly broken. No bountying the bounty hunter - a radical proposition. It is going to make activity even less than zero on the board? Hard to achieve. The bountying the bounty hunter thing is complex and should probably have its own thread. I liked myakka's post above - maybe we need to define terms... except I know from previous threads that it has been exactly that sort of thing that has been argued endlessly over in the past.

Anyone arguing that this will hurt smasher/bounty hunter medals - where were you when the guild medals came out? If you didn't care how they were being earned/exploited - why care about any possible smasher abuse now. I made this point AT LENGTH (warning) here:

http://forums.hunted...ic=63109&page=8

Post 158 for those who want to make their eyes bleed. I go on at further epic length on page 9. Twice. If you had no inclination to do the right thing over those medals then I think the right to use medals to defend a change here to bountying the bounty hunter is out the window. If consistency on matters means anything anyway...

*waves cane and wanders off*

Edited by Belaric, 26 March 2014 - 19:53.

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#45 handitover

handitover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 19:55

agree with you there  belaric

Anyone arguing that this will hurt smasher/bounty hunter medals - where were you when the guild medals came out? If you didn't care how they were being earned/exploited - why care about any possible smasher abuse now. I made this point AT LENGTH (warning) here:

#46 jinks

jinks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 19:58

Yes for the Titan thingy.

Yes for not being able to bounty ladder attacks

Yes for bounties not expiring.

No for not being able to bounty a hit on the bounty board....there has to be risk hitting someone on there. Simple as that.  Plus, wars would get very boring very quickly

#47 moonfrost

moonfrost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 19:59

About the only thing that even sounds relevant to anything here is the bounty board items...unless you plan to introduce a new script that allows you to make the determination of intent of the hunter then its not plausible to change the boards at all.

Ladder hits not being bountyable, sounds fine though now the scared potato doesnt need to worry about being mashed.

Titans, blah blah, who really cares...Most of us don't use scripts and therefore can't keep up with the donating offenders so we don't bother with that aspect.

Edited by moonfrost, 26 March 2014 - 20:01.

#48 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 20:00

Bountying the hunter was part of the risk,,, this is want everyone was told time and again every time someone tried to change it,, now its fixed???

This made sense the way it was and always made sense when it was put that way,,, this change makes no sense.

I also got pretty unkindly told that new things could not and would not be added untill the entire roadmap was completed,, this was when I pointed out we have had nothing new in RP items in more than 2 years. How did removing bountys from clearing a bounty get by us for discussion, vote and addition to roadmap???

Edited by watagashi, 26 March 2014 - 20:03.

#49 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 26 March 2014 - 20:05

Titan Hunting -- Fabulous!!  Glad to read this.

Ladder Hits - Not able to bounty those - I think that's fair.  Let Ladder Players figure out how to fight on the Ladder and not using their buddies to fight for them.

Removal of ability to bounty the BH'er

WHOA NELLIE!!  Please don't end the ability to bounty the Bounty Hunter!  Risk makes a game.  Yes, I've been there where you do a timely, quick, 10-stam clear and you get bountied and deleveled, and I've not been happy about that, but nor have I felt the game mechanics were wrong and I sucked it up and took it.  It was MY choice to take the risk and do the bounty and I know that unless it's a good friend that I may get bountied and heck even with a good friend it might happen all in the spirit of good fun.  We can ONLY loose 5 levels -- it's not the end of the world.  

Don't totally white wash the game.  This actually makes me sad to see this considered, let alone that it's imminent.  Please move forward on the Titan and Ladder changes, but hold off and please reconsider the change to the Bounty Board.  

Bounties expiring or not - eh, seems odd to me. I'd extend it to a week if that could be a compromise.  Seems silly for them to never expire as we're going to end up with inactive players on there.  I like things tidy though, so guess that just seems like it'll turn into a mess.

#50 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 20:06

Forced 100 stam hitting for bounty clearing .. I think not Egami. Your essentially forcing a Bounty Hunter to also be a PvP Smasher as well. Log that into the never going to happen forum thread.

So your objection is that they get the Smasher medal because they are forced to do their chosen line of work efficiently? *scratches head* lol.

Nobody is forcing anybody to bounty hunt, but I understand that my suggestion would make people who bounty hunt actually use some stam.

Here is my simplified assumptions:

1. You place a bounty, you want blood.

2. As things stand: You take a bounty, you want a reward that's worth it (could be price paid, medal X or Y, or help your friend get off cheap, etc.) or you want to punish.

I'd work towards improving the return on both of the above.

To restate for those that don't know me: I'm neither a leveler nor a PvPer. I'm an FS player.

Most will probably find it odd that I'd made a suggestion that actually benefits levelers. After all, I do, lol.

Hoping some work on number 2 can come along.

Check out RJ's interesting ideas (o0

#51 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 20:07

Bountys used to never expire, its been manipulated into a game of take that guilds guys bounty and lose 5 because they can force you to let it expire,,hence the change back to what worked in the first place.

Edited by watagashi, 26 March 2014 - 20:08.

#52 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 26 March 2014 - 20:12

My humble opinions.

Bounties should not expire, at least not unless they have been up for a silly amount of time like 10 days+ the main thing that put me off bounty hunting was getting abuse from people after clearing them with 10 stams because they were counting on their bounty being left to expire. It seems a fairly pointless system if posted players can get on and off the board with no loss, especially when that seems to have become the most commonly expected outcome.

Counter bounties do often serve a purpose, particularly as a bounty is the best oppertunity to take levels from someone, and if a whole guild or group of people jump on a bounty they may need to be smacked back. I can however see the appeal of implementing some method of standard bounty hunting as a kind of low risk enterprise - since most other aspects have optional low risk versions now. So perhaps a good compromise would be that a bounty hunter could not be counter bountied unless they hit with more than 10 stam. So someone clearing with 10 x 10 would not be counterable, but any hit above 10 stam would make a counter bounty possible.

All rational, but what's to prevent a guild and friends, who now have no risk of getting together a big mass of players to just 10 stam hits only up to 9 hits .... so just a slower removal of levels - sort of like water torture.

Leave BH hits as eligible for a bounty.

Good point on the time expiration - fair enough - let it ride. :)

Edited by BraveKath, 26 March 2014 - 20:16.

#53 Blixen

Blixen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 20:17

I like all sugestions. Including bounty hits not being bounty-able. Its not the perfect solution, but its far better than the current system.

Best would be if bounty-hits was not stackable- just like in the old days. But your sugested change is a huge improvement to the current system.

#54 pigsplint

pigsplint

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 20:25

Bountying the hunter was part of the risk,,, this is want everyone was told time and again every time someone tried to change it,, now its fixed???

This made sense the way it was and always made sense when it was put that way,,, this change makes no sense.

I also got pretty unkindly told that new things could not and would not be added untill the entire roadmap was completed,, this was when I pointed out we have had nothing new in RP items in more than 2 years. How did removing bountys from clearing a bounty get by us for discussion, vote and addition to roadmap???

Someone that donates heavily created a big stink.. Thus the BB is injected into the roadmap.. THis should have been GvG being  talked about and fixed, how long has it been now? Oh waait, the titan anti-scripting fix, yes, bravo on that, oh wiat I never bothered with them, hah, like moonfrost said.

Edited by pigsplint, 26 March 2014 - 20:35.

#55 Rasputin

Rasputin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 20:50

I don't know what you guys are all arguing about. Bountying the bounty hunter that 10 stam clears you  has always been frowned upon. Bountying the bounty hunter that 100 stam hits you has always felt ok to counter bounty the hunter because of the huge hit to experience. There has always been a respect code to in response to bounty hunter hits since I joined the game 4 years ago.

I think we should take away counter bounties for 10 stam bounty hunters and leave the counter bounty in place for the de-leveler and 100 stam bounty hits. Doing this would fit into the respect code that most the community has gone by for years!

Rasputin17.jpg 

#56 sirwolly

sirwolly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 20:53

I agree that bountys must be done whit 100 stam
I only place bountys when im hit whit 100 stam and of course i expect to see some damage on them..
Is no fun to pay 1.. 2.. fsp to bounty someone and that prize going to a friend of him that completes the bounty at 10 stam and makes almost no damage.. feel like i've lost twice..

#57 Warpoet

Warpoet

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 20:55

I agree that ladder hits should NOT be able to be bountied.

I DO NOT believe bounty hunters should be bountied for taking bounties.  BUT a character should be able to put a 'HIT' out on a bounty hunter.

So you can create another part of the game.

Reason:  bounty hunters feel they must placate to bounty targets because the ability to bounty a bounty hunters is a bargaining chip for the person on the board!

Perhaps have only players within a set level range able to accept the 'HIT' so that a bounty hunter can retaliate?

All I'm saying is...a person on the bounty board shouldn't have a bargaining chip against the Bounty Hunter, however a bounty hunter should still not be able to attack with impunity...

If you don't like the placing a hit idea...then have level restrictions on who can take a bounty...that way if you are bountied and feel wronged by the bounty hunter you aren't helpless to act personally?

Something needs to be done, pvp ladder attacks not being bountied is a good start...also PVP ladder tokens need to be used for more stuff or destroyed for gold?

Cheers

~Warpoet~

#58 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 26 March 2014 - 20:58

Someone that donates heavily created a big stink.. Thus the BB is injected into the roadmap.. THis should have been GvG being  talked about and fixed, how long has it been now? Oh waait, the titan anti-scripting fix, yes, bravo on that, oh wiat I never bothered with them, hah, like moonfrost said.

Speculation, much ? :)

1. "First, we have made a new update to the code for Titan Hunting. This activates in a Realm where a Titan is spawned and will allow us to better track and stop scripting." <-- Hopefully this will level the playing field again. I don't titan hunt, but I know plenty of others that do and they all say the same thing about certain guild(s) cheating.

2. "Second, we are looking to update the Bounty Board sometime next week with the following : PvP Ladder hits will no longer be bounty-able and Bounties will no longer expire." <-- First part of that is on the roadmap, so fine with that. The bounties not expiring is a lil bit of a curve-ball - and one I agree with. Under the current system, bounties CAN expire (depending on who they're on) but yet there's no refund to the player placing the bounty. The refund would have been nice, but not expiring is even better. Just wasn't on the roadmap ..

3. "Furthermore, we are thinking that anyone who takes a bounty cannot be bountied for taking it" <-- just an idea at the moment but one that seems to be, shall we say, polarising opinion LOL. I kinda like the idea, or the "bounty 100 stam hits but not 10 stam hits on a bounty" idea, but I also see the pitfalls of, for instance a group of players doing 9 x 10 stam hits and then stopping ... I'll just let the train run with this and watch from trackside :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#59 Maury Bund

Maury Bund

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 21:02

Why has no one said anything about the removal of the bounty time clock? This was put in as a compensation when ALL hits became available to bounty. If you are taking this aspect back, are you also removing the stacking of multiple bounties? You CANNOT do both and consider it a fair deal.

Edited by maurybund, 26 March 2014 - 21:03.

#60 Kbyte

Kbyte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 21:03

Anti-titan scripting +1 (Great Update)

Ladder hits not been bountable +1 (those that accept the ladder accept the risk to lose exp on doing so)

But against players on the ladder. Because if any attack do not be able to be bountable players would abuse this exploit.

Bounties not expiring -1

(why to buff yourself up if you could not be proud to challenge the bounty hunter to try to have your bounty expired)

Not being able to counter bounty -1

So players will freely 100 stm players on BB to get their smasher medal (easy exploit) without going to BB

But for 10 stm hits it can be unbountable for the player that complete the bounty (only)

Edited by Kbyte, 26 March 2014 - 23:19.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: