Photo

Pure Talents (level 50 end of tree talent)

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 30 June 2015 - 23:50

With level 50 content coming, hybrids are becoming more and more powerful. This is a good thing, am not complaining about that one bit.

What I want to suggest (and has been mentioned a few times before) is a reward for those pure class players.

Make a talent at the end of the tree that will require ALL of your points to be in one tree at level 50. Dont make it overpowered else we will lose the incentive to create hybrid classes, just make it a boost to the root of the class. Something like:

Templar - Taunted enemy loses % defense

Warrior - Double Maelstrom time

Assassin - Double Lacerated stacks

Ranger - Double Haemorage time

Mage - Double Boiling Blood time

Prophet - Double Snow time

Got lazy there with examples, but something that is at the root of the class that will give them a bonus to compete with hybrids.

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#2 ultramus

ultramus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 00:48

I like this idea but I actually think the boost needs to be considerable because pretty much every class dips into another tree for a few points. Even most templar builds grab the extra damage in the first tier on the warrior tree for example. The closest I have to a pure class is my sin and even then, I currently have 2 dodge points in the warrior tree.

#3 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 01 July 2015 - 01:24

Ok, triple instead of double for all those points above :)

When lvl 50 is here

#4 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 July 2015 - 01:26

I'd agree as long as those examples listed above don't go live lol...no offense,but those are legit the worst ever haha XD

double haem,double bb XD they can just be removed,and the hybs can remove it even quicker lol,not much incentive aye ;)
double mael,that will cause more deaths in the game where wars cant pot in between all the damn spinning due to not being able to walk out of it or end it early/

for mages...a better end tree talent would be  a new attack altogether,that would be able to be cast on an enemy to reduce their defense or reduce their attack.
Rangers a new end talent as well would be better as a new attack entirely,that could be similar to the mages plasma,but when being attacked it causes you to drop your movement speed while being damaged 2% per attack while up 15 seconds plasma max,and a decently slow cd.
Wars,idk id imagine a new move where they can teleport would be good,but the problem with this is,it would make them too OP so I dont think that to be an amazing idea...maybe a temporary boost to dmg or new ability to slow enemy? like a global AOE where if the enemy is 20m away they are slowed by 25% if 15 away maybe 15% if 5m maybe 5%.
Prophets..hard to say,maybe a crit boost to heals on all friendly teammates that are below 70% life if speced all the way,90%
Templars 5/10/15% more threat gen or dmg boost
sins....could care less,let someone who enjoys the class give an opinion on it,

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#5 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 01 July 2015 - 01:40

I'd agree as long as those examples listed above don't go live lol...no offense,but those are legit the worst ever haha XD

Can probably think of worse ones, but I agree they shouldnt be the real thing

When lvl 50 is here

#6 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 July 2015 - 01:45

Can probably think of worse ones, but I agree they shouldnt be the real thing

I meant worst ever in terms of usefulness XD 

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#7 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 01 July 2015 - 01:53

sin - 5% chance to instantly kill enemy if you strike first :ph34r:

When lvl 50 is here

#8 ultramus

ultramus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 02:19

I was thinking something interesting like using materials would be fun and make skills more worthwhile

For example.

Templar -Iron Blood (passive Ability)- Deals 20% more melee damage to all attacks but consumes 1 bar of iron per minute. Must have Iron Bars in inventory for buff to remain active.

#9 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:10

Perhaps a talent that buffs your character depending on if you have pure equipment as well. For example, a Sin that uses medium armor, throwing weapon, and 2 1 handed weapons would get a dodge bonus. A Prophet with a staff, essence and all light armor would get some passive reflect. Maybe even a Ranger that uses a bow instead of a x-bow, with 2 1 hand weapons, instead of a shield would get a really good damage boost (enough that you would actually see people use a bow).

Just some input for the players here. I've honestly given up on any sort of development at this point.

11/29/13 - 4/29/14 | 4/25/15 - 5/25/15

#10 D4VYJONES

D4VYJONES

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 July 2015 - 08:13

Maybe increase your hp bar by 50%. Maybe a boost to one random attribute that changes everyday. This will compel them to log in everyday to find out what stats they'll get. This can also encourage grouping with strangers that get desired boosted attribute. For example, 3 dps that don't know each other gets melee/ranged/sorcery boost and they'll group together to run dungeon.

#11 Steve1973

Steve1973

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:54

I think the idea of a bonus for staying to one talent tree is a very good idea, as you said, there are so many hybrids.

Plus comradelewis's mention of the specific equipment to the class too. eg. there seem to be more and more mage/prophets using sword and shield rather than staffs

How about rather than a boost, the players who stick to one class get something like extra talent points, possibly one for the tree and one for the equipment.

When in doubt. Blame lag ;)

#12 ChelseaBrick

ChelseaBrick

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 12:27

A final tier that trumps all those hybrid weapons/classes. :D  After all, that's what you did to the pure classes by introducing the them in the first place. 

8TLwd.jpg

#13 Medi3vil

Medi3vil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Badge
  • Venezuela

Posted 01 July 2015 - 13:50

i want to evolve in... a Chicken! and attack with flames, venom and lightnings!  :ph34r:

#14 PeasantJoe

PeasantJoe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 15:28

dont need new talents first fix the old ones there bunch of them that suck and takes place in talent tree

#15 Sharky

Sharky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 15:37

i suggest lvl 50 skill should be all passive. 

templar - its better if taunt can be casted on players for the reflect damage purpose and once the player gets taunted, the                        player that is affected to it cannot see the hp of other players except the tank that casted it and cant see the damage                of other players that are hitting on u except the tank . their passive 50 skill is to make taunt reduce defence of the                    target 5% and snares for 5 seconds. ( to make the better in pvp)

warrior - when using frenzy, they gain 30% damage reduction taken, +15% movement speed and reduce cooldown 20 secs.

assassin - using soulfire will grant + 10% dodge, +10% movement speed, +15% haste for 12 seconds.

rangers - makes envenom 20 seconds, cooldown - 10 secs and cannot be remove. kidding :D. uhmm. when using torrent ,                     they gain +10% movespeed,  +10% more damage dealt and +10% more crit chance.

mage - after hitting a critical hit, it reduces the  target's defence 10% in 6 seconds, gives a self buff that gains +10% crit rate             and gains mana +1% per second for 6 seconds.

prophet - after landing a critical heal, you'll gain + 1%hp and +1%mp per second and deals + 10% more healing to the target (including self) for 6 seconds.

Edited by Sharky, 01 July 2015 - 16:50.

#16 kidref

kidref

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • Sweden

Posted 01 July 2015 - 16:27

Hmm do that be spiked armor in pvp to (or only if have that talent)?

i suggest lvl 50 skill should be all passive. 

templar - makes taunt can be casted on player, reduces defence of the target 5% and snares for 5 seconds. ( to make the better in pvp)

#17 Sharky

Sharky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 16:50

ive edited it to improve. :D look again kidref.

#18 RISDMAC

RISDMAC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Badge
  • Ireland

Posted 01 July 2015 - 20:54

You could make it a double whammy - add a level 50 skill to all classes that requires all points be spent in that class - while the skill wont be too amazing, you would also grant any pure class the ability to up their normal caps by 10% :wub:

That being said I find it very easy to go 100% pure on mage , who needs those icky prophet healing spells,

I cant say id find it equally as easy to go pure on other classes :P

Edited by JQuan, 01 July 2015 - 20:58.

#19 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 July 2015 - 03:29

i want to evolve in... a Chicken! and attack with flames, venom and lightnings!  :ph34r:

Chickens are good for 1 thing: food!

But the idea of the thread is good...

The world is cruel...as will I....

#20 xaehouz

xaehouz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 08:23

Make it so whoever's not templar and wears a shield can't use their passive :).

Edited by xaehouz, 02 July 2015 - 08:24.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: