Photo

Composing - In Detail (Revision 1.2)

• Please log in to reply
328 replies to this topic

Poll: Composing Poll (458 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think we should go ahead and add revision 1.2 of Composing should be added to the game?

1. Yes (392 votes [85.59%])

Percentage of vote: 85.59%

2. No (66 votes [14.41%])

Percentage of vote: 14.41%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 June 2013 - 15:32

Where will we find the potions once invented?  Backpack / Guild Store?  Mailbox / Guild Mailbox?

They would appear on the Composing page and you would just transfer them from there into your inventory :)

#62 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 June 2013 - 15:36

+1 the potions are powerful. so let the payable gold balance it out

We may make some tweaks as we implement it :)

#63 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 15:36

They would appear on the Composing page and you would just transfer them from there into your inventory :)

And the guild locked potions?

For player bound pots this will then be another unlimited store?

#64 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 June 2013 - 15:38

And the guild locked potions?

For player bound pots this will then be another unlimited store?

You won't be able to make another potion in the slot until the potion is transferred to your inventory.

#65 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 15:40

You won't be able to make another potion in the slot until the potion is transferred to your inventory.

Thanks.

How many slots?

#66 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 03 June 2013 - 15:44

You can't please everyone any of the time in this world. Don't let the lower level players make these potions, with all the available buffs, and it's just another way the higher levels are keeping them down. Let the low level players make them and it makes the high level players reasons for leveling so high obsolete. If it isn't one thing it's another anymore. Quit complaining no matter what level you are, and just say "thank you HCS for giving us something different to do with our time here".

I apologize for the foul mood of my post, but people can only take so much complaining.  

This. This so much.

It's been interesting to watch the way the suggestion has evolved and the reactions from players.

The more hoof tries to improve the suggestion, by making changes based on feedback on the forums, the more resistance that comes in further updates.

It's a case of "please some, upset others" in a horrible circular arrangement.

Am I entirely happy with the suggestion? no. There are other ways I would like to have seen it pan out. However it's sometimes a case of stepping back, looking at the big picture and realising hoof is trying to come up with something that is feasible, does what it sets out to do, and ticks boxes for most players.

As players and a community, we really are our own worst enemies.

#67 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 03 June 2013 - 15:57

I voted yes, and I really do like the idea. Hopefully though, this will lead to many more LE / crystal events so that we can resupply the gear that is being destroyed. I know there is a lot of LE gear already out and about, but it will go quickly for those who want to create potions. 

Also, hopefully this will also bring about the introduction of more SE's and increase the drop rate of a few SE's as well. 

#68 LuxFerre

LuxFerre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 June 2013 - 15:57

People should feel free to express how they feel.

Some ideas are constructive observations, some may be perceived as otherwise.

Hoof and the team will weed out the tantrums and they can make whatever decision they feel would be in the best interest of the game.

#69 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 03 June 2013 - 15:59

This. This so much.

It's been interesting to watch the way the suggestion has evolved and the reactions from players.

The more hoof tries to improve the suggestion, by making changes based on feedback on the forums, the more resistance that comes in further updates.

It's a case of "please some, upset others" in a horrible circular arrangement.

Am I entirely happy with the suggestion? no. There are other ways I would like to have seen it pan out. However it's sometimes a case of stepping back, looking at the big picture and realising hoof is trying to come up with something that is feasible, does what it sets out to do, and ticks boxes for most players.

As players and a community, we really are our own worst enemies.

Bry - you are completely correct. As a whole though, this is an improvement on the game, and taking a step in the right direction. The community has been able to add their feedback, and have helped form the plan to what it is today. Is it perfect? By no means yes, but it is an improvement, and hopefully will make the game better and more energetic piece by piece. 

#70 morderme

morderme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 16:03

I voted yes, but we should be open to tweaking the system after the first period of time, say 30 days.

#71 force01

force01

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 16:03

I have to argue with this one. a lvl50 can already gain a lvl 1600 provided that he/she has enough money for it and someone is selling. same as here, a L50 can create a L1600 provided that they have enough resources, I doubt a level 50 can gain enough resources to make one though.

Hoof's Ultimate Potion for example, even though i'm lvl 850 i don't think i can make that potion(i'm poor and broke) but level50 can make these potions provided he has enough money to buy the materials(which based on his level, would be pretty much be an impossibility unless he has other mean such as donation).

So, I waited from the start of this composing thing that's been going for a while. I've my shakes and nods. I get where this new spark is driving at. But, no one seems to raise the same concern as mine. Maybe because the concern is only among the middle or lower levels, who have no say in this mostly high-leveled players populated thread. (There isn't much contribution when ratio-ed against the number of players, in the first place). Anyways, before I start off with the main issue, the poll is wrong. I mean, yes, it has been improvised; it's better, but not good enough to be sent up. Most who polled 'Yes' is just saying, yes, its better than the previous one.

The issue

Well, I read the exchange rate. Glance through others. And as far as I'm concerned, the exchange rate hierarchy should be revised. This composing section is new, and everybody should start at an equal footing. Having high level players gain more fragments from breaking down equipment they obtained from higher level creatures is prejudicial. However, I agree with the fragment rarity distribution, as whatever levels we're at, obtaining a unique weapon available mostly, if not only, available through quests justified it's appointed rarity. I believe I'm going to start receiving hate messages and whatnot from higher levels, debating and disagreeing, but I stand firm in my point. Yes, they played years to reach their current level, so this composing section may be an additional incentive for their 'professionalism'? No. The advanced players are forming business with buffs and pots, and I do not wish to see another monopolization of a section through partiality. I mean, it ain't fun for those players of middle or lower levels bullied by the discriminatory creatures they are hunting. I'm talking about middle and low class players; the majority of players.

What I recommend:
(I'm just throwing this in without much thought (but still viable), for I don't know whether HCS will go along with my idea, or stick with their own formula, which had been through too much changes.This may be implemented, but its purpose is to serve as an example. Either way, surprise me.)

Like I mentioned earlier, as this is the beginning of a new thing, everybody should start at the same starting line. There should be a separate level where we will have to train up from null. A composing level, that is. As we progress in levels, we gain more fragments by breaking down. We gain experience by breaking down equipment, of which more is gained by determining the rarity of the equipment, not level (please, don't start on this again).

First personal edit: I remembered the potions created are bound, so high levels are unable to monopolize this new section. So I made strike through of my above composition. Still, some points may still apply, like the obtain of creating potions.
However, please read if the fragments are tradeable (which I don't think there has been any mention as it is automatically assumed bound), or if HCS is thinking of making potions tradeable, please take note. 

Second personal edit: Ah, yes. I removed the strike through of my compositions, and made one on my first edit. Good, I didn't type the whole thing in vain, because EQUIPMENTS ARE TRADABLE. So, yea. Gonna point out that market prices of high level rares (referring to all high rarity as a whole) will be sold by high level players for unreasonable prices just for low levels to gain fragments to craft a decent potion. 

Third personal edit: Decided to post this under the reply of this guy replying another guy replying HCS thread (yo dawg) instead of posting as a new reply, because , these 2 guys just proved what I'm trying to convey. And I just found out other players are starting to take note of this issue as well. Ironically, the first guy that reply and some others are complaining that they aren't happy that low levels are able to craft something they are able to. ... WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT? HCS please take a stand for the lower levels. This has not become simply unreasonable (never knew I would use these 2 words together), this is stupid.

#72 Bahamut101

Bahamut101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 16:14

Fragments

Items can be broken down and give a fragments based on the rarity. For example if you break down a Rare item, you will receive a 'Rare Fragment'. If you break down a Unique item, you will receive a 'Unique Fragment'.

The following Fragment types would be available:

Common, Rare, Unique, Legendary, Crystalline, Super Elite

Items which have a Hellforge applied to them would give +1 additional Fragment per Hellforge level applied.

The level of the item determines the amount of Fragments you obtain from it. The amount of Fragments you gain from an item is worked out as follows:

Fragments = RoundUp(SquareRoot(ItemLevel / 100))

Here are some item examples:

Level 50 Common Item = 1 Common Fragment
Level 200 Unique Item = 2 Unique Fragments
Level 450 Rare Item = 3 Rare Fragments
Level 1000 Legendary Item = 4 Legendary Fragments
Level 1650 Rare Item = 5 Rare Fragments

(Thank you kalish for this suggestion!)

Fragments won’t require backpack space - they will just be listed on the Composing page.

All potions created would be guild bound / bound. You specify if the potion is for yourself (ie. bound) or for use by another member of your guild (if applicable) when you create it.

By your math wouldn't a lv 50 item be 3 fragments (50/10 is 5 and the SquareRoot of 5 is 2.somthing), lv 200 item would be 5, lv 450 would be 7, lv 1000 would be 10, and a lv 1650 item would be 13

#73 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 16:19

By your math wouldn't a lv 50 item be 3 fragments (50/10 is 5 and the SquareRoot of 5 is 2.somthing), lv 200 item would be 5, lv 450 would be 7, lv 1000 would be 10, and a lv 1650 item would be 13

Fragments = RoundUp(SquareRoot(ItemLevel / 100))

50/100 = 1/2,  SquareRoot of 1/.2 >1, RoundUp = 1

#74 Bahamut101

Bahamut101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 16:20

*facepalms* don't know why I was seeing 10 and not 100

#75 kalish

kalish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 16:23

Second personal edit: Ah, yes. I removed the strike through of my compositions, and made one on my first edit. Good, I didn't type the whole thing in vain, because EQUIPMENTS ARE TRADABLE. So, yea. Gonna point out that market prices of high level rares (referring to all high rarity as a whole) will be sold by high level players for unreasonable prices just for low levels to gain fragments to craft a decent potion.

Pardoux has made good points about this. Basically, if a high level item gives you 5 shards while a low level item gives you 1, the high level item will never sell for more than 5 times the low level item. If a high level player charges an unreasonable price for a high level item, just ignore it and buy multiples of low level items. The shards themselves don't have a level attached, so it doesn't really matter how you get them.

Also, higher-level players will only get an "advantage" in that they can make high-level potions more quickly. There won't be a profit component because the potions will be bound.

This point goes even further: as high-level players leverage their "advantage" in breaking down higher-level gear, their demand for lower-level gear will decrease, causing prices of low-level gear to drop, which benefits the low-level players. How is this bad?

#76 volcom

volcom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 June 2013 - 16:29

A yes from me as long as you promise to work out issues that (almost definitely) come up in the near future with this. 

After this has been implemented, Hoof please try to work out some reforms to the PvP Ladder and Bountiying issues. I believe the ladder would have more people join if they couldn't be bountied for their attacks...

Sorry for going off topic but some one has to say something... 

Cheers mates!

#77 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 June 2013 - 16:45

A yes from me as long as you promise to work out issues that (almost definitely) come up in the near future with this. 

I'm sure issues will come up, but we'll keep working at it to make sure it works well :)

#78 raist007

raist007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 16:51

Where are the Items cost in your math?

this was never ever a gold sink we have more then enough of them now this was purely a item sink to remove the thousands of items left to rot within the game

Well, considering the vast majority of these items are worthless to begin with, I don't see this as too much concern....but ok, in my example you are looking at 1 LE item....How difficult is it to get 1 LE item honestly?  Plus, when they bring out the LE/Crystalline events you can't tell me there are gonna be hoarders who stockpile hundreds if not thousands of LE/Crystalline fragments! 

My point was more to make the cost of potions more appropriate to the level of the skill...I realize we have arena and scavenging as goldsinks.  I just know that if I was a pot-maker, I would be pretty pissed about this update knowing that some of the potions that can be difficult, time-consuming and expensive would now essentially become obsolete. 

Please don't misunderstand me - I WANT to make cheap potions for myself!  I'm suggesting the gold issue more because I read so many complaints about the cost being an issue, so I wanted to propose something to make them happy too :P

#79 onray24

onray24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 June 2013 - 16:54

looks good now they can add creatures that drop composing only items maybe make a event out of it or a extra rare drop during the next one

#80 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 June 2013 - 17:37

I voted yes, I have no issue with those at a lower level making these potions, why force more people out of the game... :blink:

From what I gather they will need more items to break down to create the potions so it is really a moot point, if they want to buy the higher levelled items then fine, us at or near EOC can sell them rather than breaking them down/tossing them away.

(A cry to Hoof) you will never appease everyone in the community but it is my belief that the majority want this idea implemented and I believe your current revision is as good a compromise as we are likely to see. To be honest we could go back and forth on the forums until the cows (excuse the pun) come home. Implement it and let it run for a period, like a month or two, then have some feedback after that test period. I am sure you have more constructive things you could be doing than reading endless pages of moaning about "how unfair" the current system is.

Total Shocker! after having voted I see that the vast majority are in favour of this revision, therefore it begs the question why this revision cannot be implemented?? 85 nearly 86% say yes... PUSH THE GO BUTTON

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: