• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#21 Thriceborn

Thriceborn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 20:57

Very much like the IDEA of auto-fragment.  Not wild about the implementation.

I have always left my auto-discard setting set to "off," since it's not granular enough for my needs.

I recall disabling auto-discard a long time ago because it kept discarding items that I needed (for quests?). I don't foresee using auto-fragment as long as it's tied to auto-discard.

#22 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 21:03

The use of footprints is completely lost on me. Someone care to explain?

Footprints comes in handy when you hunt SEs or Elites as you may have to cover the map entirely. They just help you keep track of what's been covered. I'm sure others may use them for other purposes also, but these are my favorite uses. 

#23 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 21:10

Bug: The question mark over quests no longer appears on the map.. it just flickers on between movements.

#24 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 21:16

Bug: The question mark over quests no longer appears on the map.. it just flickers on between movements.

gomez... going to copy/paste that into my support ticket as it sounds kind of like the same issue as my Titan glitch post on page one. That, btw, has been confirmed by an ally. )o0

#25 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 21:21

gomez... going to copy/paste that into my support ticket as it sounds kind of like the same issue as my Titan glitch post on page one. That, btw, has been confirmed by an ally. )o0

Cool. Kind of a problem for me since I'm in the middle of Karthak right now.. 

#26 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 21:27

Hoof appeared in Global Chat... he's looking into it (o0 Well... he's looking into Titan thing... I dropped your added info there as well hehe

#27 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 21:46

Quest Question marks and Exclamation points are now up... is it fixed permanently now?

#28 sttawnaes

sttawnaes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 21:53

It lets you know where you have been on the map to make it easier for things like SE/chest hunting ;)

#29 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 22:02

Also. Say you are farming plants or gear? You are doing the global event swatting Mosquitos or zombies? Verrrry helpful to know what areas you cleared out unless you have light foot 1500 cast

#30 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 22:11

useful when looking for elites , super elites, treasure hunting ..so you do not waste stam walking in the same areas or lines

#31 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 27 September 2013 - 22:22

MAJOR GLITCH... on Titan Hunting after this update.

Hunting Guardian of Elements (Titan) and it is now practically invisible on the screen... icon occasionaly blinks when moving. In classic map it doesn't even show up.

I've placed a support ticket with more details )o0

Apologies about that. This issue should be fixed now :)

#32 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 27 September 2013 - 22:23

Quest Question marks and Exclamation points are now up... is it fixed permanently now?

This should be fixed now as well :)

#33 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 22:24

This should be fixed now as well :)

Much better! Thank you

#34 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 22:27

Titan Issue....

Apologies about that. This issue should be fixed now :)

Fix confirmed. Thanks hoofed-one and prosperous smacking everybody! (o0

#35 maf22

maf22

Posted 28 September 2013 - 00:18

Nice update

#36 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 28 September 2013 - 00:34

It uses the Auto Discard preferences - if you mouse over the Auto Fragment option in preferences it gives you details about how it works :)

Great job Hoof.

If you revisit it / tweak it, could auto-discard be seperated from auto-fragment and become a check box ?

Common      x

Rare             -

Unique          x

Legendary    -

Crystalline    -

SuperElite    -

So, in the above example, Common and Unique would be auto-fragged, but rare, legendary, crystalline and SE drops wouldn't be.

Actually, on thinking about it, is there actually a need for "auto-discard" as such now ?

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#37 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:44

read the thread and answered my question.

Edited by Nick, 28 September 2013 - 01:46.

#38 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:54

Actually, on thinking about it, is there actually a need for "auto-discard" as such now ?

if someone was in the caves, without the auto discard, they may end up with pantloads of dojo dummies.

What the auto discard being a part of it allows for is dropping the nuisance drops which can't be broken down into fragments. Another example could be the stolen maps and the leopard fur stuff when you are mowing down poor innocent critters in mountain path.

#39 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:04

if someone was in the caves, without the auto discard, they may end up with pantloads of dojo dummies.

What the auto discard being a part of it allows for is dropping the nuisance drops which can't be broken down into fragments. Another example could be the stolen maps and the leopard fur stuff when you are mowing down poor innocent critters in mountain path.

Yup  - very true.

Didn't think about the caves or non-composable miscellanea ..

OK, keep auto-discard :)

Seperating AutoFrag (and customising it to be check boxes) tho still seems a good idea ...

Edited by Pardoux, 28 September 2013 - 07:05.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#40 Grimwald

Grimwald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:51

Auto-breakdown is going to be so cooool, when i am doing my hunts and finishing up my last few stamina with 1 stamina hits :). Always used up my last stamina by killing lots of nasty buggers to get kill count up and to harvest some more items :) Now, I no longer need to check my bp anymore :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: