BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 November 2013 - 17:34

Hey Gang.

Content should be going live tomorrow afternoon.

~ Grim

#42 Maury Bund

Maury Bund

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 17:41

BG, when do we get levels of standard mobs that are all invisible, or maybe just the champs or Elites? Only time we need Reveal now is the epic quest and Halloween. Seems a waste of a buff if it is that rarely used...

#43 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 18:46

Hey Gang.

Content should be going live tomorrow afternoon.

~ Grim

Schweet.

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#44 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:57

BG, when do we get levels of standard mobs that are all invisible, or maybe just the champs or Elites? Only time we need Reveal now is the epic quest and Halloween. Seems a waste of a buff if it is that rarely used...

I want a minor tweak to the skill so I can have it specifically target a creature. Then I'll be more inclide to use it.

~ Grim

#45 WWWolf

WWWolf
  • United States of America

Posted 12 November 2013 - 13:41

I want a minor tweak to the skill so I can have it specifically target a creature. Then I'll be more inclide to use it.

~ Grim

So, if I am understanding correctly, you want it to be where we choose what creature to be able to see when we drink a Reveal Potion instead of just any invisible creature in the area?

Perhaps the best option would be multiple different Reveal Potions like "Reveal Undead", "Reveal Beast", "Reveal Aquatic", etc...

That opens up a whole lot of options for content for level 0 - EOC and beyond.

#46 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 November 2013 - 16:22

Basically, I'd create a potion and it would be targeted at a specific creature, in a manner similar to needing a specific item to hit a creature (Like the Spook Smasher Caster to hit Tommy Aches and the Pesky Spook).

#47 WWWolf

WWWolf
  • United States of America

Posted 12 November 2013 - 17:57

Basically, I'd create a potion and it would be targeted at a specific creature, in a manner similar to needing a specific item to hit a creature (Like the Spook Smasher Caster to hit Tommy Aches and the Pesky Spook).

After thinking it over, I see the logic in creating potions specific to the individual creature versus the creature class.  On one hand, yes this would cause you to create a lot more potions by not having 1 potion for each group of creatures, but on the other hand, it doesn't really make sense for an EOC player to be using the exact same potion as a level 5 player.

One other possible option would be to have the Reveal level determine the level of creature you  can attack. For example, a "Reveal Undead" level 50 pot would allow you to see invisible undead creatures level 1 - 100 and a level 100 potion would allow you to see up to level 200 creatures and so on (just an example - not much math went in to those #s besides the fact that you would need level 500 to see level 1000 creatures which is a reasonable buff level).  This might simplify things some in the long run in terms of the buffs themselves while still requiring you to make many new potions for the new creatures.  However, depending on how it is implemented, it's probably easier and quicker to create potions specific to a single creature.

Just something to think about.

#48 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 November 2013 - 20:03

Content Released. Opening post updated.

#49 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:20

So content scheduled for next week on the 18th AND then again on the 25th the week after that!! You do need your Irn Bru and Mars bars to hand!! Maybe Caramacs - they are pure sugar.... go go go!

#50 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:53

Maybe Caramacs - they are pure sugar.... go go go!

Oh, now you've got me homesick - CARAMACS are delicious :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#51 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:47

Caramacs are evil. You can FEEL your teeth melting. The caramac icecream bar is even better/worse (depending on view point.) :)

#52 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 15:48

I did not know about the Caramac ice cream bar..... that will be on my to do list when next back in Scotland!!

#53 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 December 2013 - 17:23

Roadmap updated.

Updating the Guide.

#54 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 17:45

NIce! New content tomorrow? You fiend! I like it - if you can crank out new stuff tomorrow and again Mid-December it will certainly give me stam use headaches, what with Christmas events being around the corner by Dec 16th - and that will be a great problem to have! Many folk will have to look at their stam banks and decide what takes priority, I imagine! I sense good opportunities for people to take shots at #1 in the game - which is great!

I have to say that for me this content roadmap and its fulfillment has really been a shot in the arm for me in the game. I personally have been more engaged and excited, knowing content is planned and being delivered so much faster than it had earlier this year. My stam cannot now recharge fast enough, there are holes appearing in the top 100, certainly the top 25, and I am making enough gold to keep my guild afloat even at the reduced drop rate. Introduce a titan top 250 (all-time, and rolling monthly kill totals please in 2 separate ladders) and I really will not know how to spend my stam!! LOL!

Content rocks. Thank you.

#55 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 December 2013 - 16:52

Hey Gang.

Today's content release looks like it may be put off until tomorrow. I'd like it out today, sure but I'd rather it be done properly, so we'll see. The Content to go out on the ninth of this month is looking like it's on schedule, give or take a day.

Still looking at possible Christmas festivals and traditions for new quests and maybe a new Titan.

Thinking to open a thread for player ideas regarding the Dragon Legendaries. See what suggestions people have for specific sets in certain level brackets.

~ Grim

#56 mickabooth

mickabooth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 04 December 2013 - 17:19

love the idea of a possible Christmas Titan and new content over the festive season is there a chance of or  any idea if the  "Present Darkness (Epic)" being activated as i am stuck at Stage 1 Location:Cathedral Catacomb (4, 5) and been waiting for along time and the notice given was a bit vague as to when it will be active next

Please note, you will not be able to advance in this particular Quest until the next Epic Quest arc is released. You CAN continue with Signs and Portents (Epic).

#57 Mormon8r

Mormon8r

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 December 2013 - 18:00

Excited for these new LEs to spring to life :D

Titans never really got my attention but glad their is some new ones to spike interest!

I also noticed all questions regarding XP events are ignored/passed over (I understand why) So heres to hoping we get a surprise one anyways ;)

Cant wait to start another year with FS and hope these changes in the future bring new life back!

Happy Holidays HCS and all players :D

#58 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 December 2013 - 17:46

New content out. Opening post updated.

#59 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 19:22

The caramacs and Irn Bru Ultra (whatever the power drink equivalent is!) worked! As I've said before in this thread - this rate of content release has been fantastic for my enjoyment of the game. Thanks again.

No pressure BG - but if you can keep this rate of releases going well into the next year then we will see a very different top 100!

You can do it!!

And the globals... and manage legendary releases, and the Cave events and.....

Edited by Belaric, 11 December 2013 - 19:23.

#60 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 December 2013 - 22:08

Caramacs are evil. You can FEEL your teeth melting. The caramac icecream bar is even better/worse (depending on view point.) :)

Deepfry them :ph34r:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: