BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:31

Global Booster Compromise (?)...

On the other hand, I was thinking that perhaps making the bigger Global Booster, bound of course, as a prize for the top 100 might be a fair compromise. I still think it unduly affects lower levels, but I'd see it as "more reasonable".

Then these Top 10's would have an undue advantage over the rest of the players and it would only perpetuate as time goes on.  Someone can always upgrade their stam, and the Globals are one of the reasons why I have upgraded mine.  

I read dozens of arguments as to why the Top Global 100 shouldn't get an extra pot and as yet, I'm unconvinced.  I feel that way when I make the Top 10 and when I don't.  When I don't make it - at least I made an effort.  

Let's be reminded of several things:
1) The chest are bound and are not worth FSP, nor are they FSP

(by the way - while the FSP chest does perk my attention, I don't think it's a good idea for these to have game-monetary value).

2) So a player shoots for the Global Top 100 and in doing so foregoes leveling, Titan Hunting, GvG'ing etc etc-- other activities that could have be profitable in terms of FSP

(leveling = gold = fsp; Titan hunting = drop = sell for fsp; GvG'ing if you win = FSP, BH'ing ... well, you get the idea)

..... So again a player skips all of those options and instead buys a Global Booster (available to everyone) and sits down and patiently clicks away to gain the Top Global 100.  This time I spent about 25K doing that.  I know some that spent all of their stam and then spent FSP to stay in the Top 100 .... and their reward is an extra chest and a medal or a tic towards another medal, and none of which have game-monetary value.   ... What is the objection here?   Their efforts help the community gain the best possible chest (or a glitch at HCS does, though we won't see that again).  Why be so begrudging of that?  

For a # of these Globals I have sought the top 100, but there have been times I failed.  I even failed the time they extended the time at the last minute and BigGrim got a spot on that Top 100-- and I saw myself as I logged in slip from 100 to 101 just as the event ended.  I didn't whine all over the forums or submit a ticket, I muttered a bit, but I was just happy in the end to have helped get the best reward we could - Yay - that's a win.

#242 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:33

I would have preferred a stam refill before a couple more silly uber pots...

Now that's a cool idea - though I think the hue and cry over that would be deafening *sigh*

#243 Little Mac

Little Mac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:36

Some people here who are whining (because they only received gold-tier rewards for doing the minimum 3k kills) are the same ones who log off for hours with full stam and let their stam gains oveflow. If you spent some of those wasted stam ticks on the event to at least reach your 5k kills regardless of how the community performs then you'd be enjoying the top rewards by now. What's a small amount of stam for another 2k kills to help increase the community totals?

Lesson: Do at least 5k kills regardless of how the community will perform.

i have to say i disagree. I dumped 30k stam into the global as always, so why should someone who has the same stam bank as me or larger enjoy rewards for doing the minimum?

So you spent 30k stam on the event, so pat yourself on the back for being on the top 100 and getting the extra ruby chest. I myself did almost 6k kills and would've done more if I had the stam (and time to login) for it.

But my post is directed towards those who did 3k or 4k kills despite having enough stam to do more, then whine when the cows made the 'error' of awarding ruby chests to those who reached ruby tier requirement. They then logoff for a couple of hours with full stam and waste their stam ticks in the process. Also take note that I said 'at least 5k kills' - if they did more, then good.

Now about the 5k kills that earn 3 ruby chests - which you disagree with (I suppose) - this is an entirely different issue and there have been suggestions to make the system fair to the high-stam contributors. I wouldn't mind it if there was some sort of a 'tiered reward system' based on kill count done past the minimum 5k (rough example: +1 legendary chest if you hit 10k kills, +2 legendary chests if you hit 20k, and +1 epic chest if you hit 30k kills - each tier prize replacing the ones below it). After all, the high-stam peeps and the ones on the top 100 make up at least 25% of the total community kills, so they deserve it.

Edited by Little Mac, 02 April 2014 - 07:41.

#244 Sepisimus

Sepisimus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:42

I laugh at you whiners.

The rules of the game were broken by the gamemaster, some players got undeserved advantage and in turn the others were damaged. All right, I can live with that.

I am just annoyed by you rude guys, who call those complaining 'whiners'. Please be respectful. You were lucky enough to get those extra chests, I see no right for you to be offensive.

#245 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 April 2014 - 14:36

This thread has run it's course. No more flaming.

*Locked*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: