#21 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 July 2014 - 18:56

whenever i win a battle using mercs, the result says "xxx, yyy, and zzz earned some xp" but their added xp never advances them in level.....

Yeah, seems kinda silly, doesn't it - maybe them ACTUALLY advancing could be another way to deal with the problem. But that'd be more work than simply, as (excellently) suggested by others, simply sending some of the wimpy ones to boot-camp and just jackin' up their stats to make them useful again.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#22 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 20:37

I find most times  with  wither 350+,   EW 1k+,  SH, COA , DD, CA  few imps  and most times you can kill the champion, elite, and lower level SE's  with out a group.

#23 Nikita90

Nikita90

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:06

I think merc stats and merc costs need a revamp. maybe add a guild medal to encourage spending some gold on mercs?

#24 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:55

Every Single critter in game can be soloed by a player its level......without a merc in sight...except a few at really low levels..

Edited by katatonic, 25 July 2014 - 03:56.

#25 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:42

Every Single critter in game can be soloed by a player its level......without a merc in sight...except a few at really low levels..

Quite possibly true with the right gear and the right buffs - but because some of us have that gear/those buffs, we're to leave those who haven't in the cold ?

What's the harm in revamping the mercs to bring them more in line with the current level of the game ?

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#26 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:42

Quite possibly true with the right gear and the right buffs - but because some of us have that gear/those buffs, we're to leave those who haven't in the cold ?

What's the harm in revamping the mercs to bring them more in line with the current level of the game ?

Well long before all the super gear and buffs players managed just fine with those same mercs didn't they, Now if we keep making it easier to do everything it will just be  follow the leader with no imagination required... By the time players reach 1600 shouldn't they have a grasp on the games mechanics and how to play it? or do we continue to supply an easy way out ?

Edited by katatonic, 25 July 2014 - 09:43.

#27 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:24

Well long before all the super gear and buffs players managed just fine with those same mercs didn't they, Now if we keep making it easier to do everything it will just be  follow the leader with no imagination required... By the time players reach 1600 shouldn't they have a grasp on the games mechanics and how to play it? or do we continue to supply an easy way out ?

we are trying to get the players to make it to level 1600...not chase them away...and no you cant easily kill all the se without mercs..for some of us, back when you were low level...there were not near as many higher level se's roaming around lower level areas...game has changed..and what is the probelm with making the mercs better...if it helps some players out..good...you dont have to use them if you dont want to..some of us do..dont excluded players..we need players.....should not have to spend fsps or lots of gold to get buffs just to kill 1 se...that is not helping keep players interested..

#28 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:37

So what you are saying is you want to be able to kill say Skull Carver which because it spawns in a low realm you would like access to Mercs that would allow you to kill it ? Am I reading you correctly ?

The Second Part is what effect would doing this have on the game and its economy if everyone could load up a couple of super mercs and splat almost anything because they have access to a level 2200 merc etc etc ...

Edited by katatonic, 25 July 2014 - 12:43.

#29 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 13:43

..... maybe an easier coding answer is increasing the cap on max mercenaries for guilds..... ?

#30 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 25 July 2014 - 14:17

I don't understand all this bickering about it... I see no problem with a revamp to the mercs in the game, It's been a really long time, after all

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#31 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 00:51

I don't understand all this bickering about it... I see no problem with a revamp to the mercs in the game, It's been a really long time, after all

I have no issue either if its genuinely needed,but I will say every update that has made the game "easier" we have seen a drop in online players following it.

#32 lapdragon

lapdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 23:54

I know that upping the "stats/levels" of the mercs would only increase those hunting the SE, (or for some quests), giving some a "new" aspect of the game to play!  i do know it is frustrating for someone (me, lol) to wait for my guildies to join my group, cuz im sure there are also many guilds with members in different time zones that have the same problems. This would, IMHO, attract more to play...sink gold FSP and RL money, all favorable things to the DEV...and for those of us who do use them, a more positive hiring experience...lol...as apposed to a drop off of players....i think.  thanks!

#33 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 27 July 2014 - 00:06

I know that upping the "stats/levels" of the mercs would only increase those hunting the SE, (or for some quests), giving some a "new" aspect of the game to play!  i do know it is frustrating for someone (me, lol) to wait for my guildies to join my group, cuz im sure there are also many guilds with members in different time zones that have the same problems. This would, IMHO, attract more to play...sink gold FSP and RL money, all favorable things to the DEV...and for those of us who do use them, a more positive hiring experience...lol...as apposed to a drop off of players....i think.  thanks!

precisely yes soloing an elite or Super Elite is challenging but some play this game for fun and do not wish to resort to (in their minds) advanced maths to solve the riddle to kill the mega monster. Keep the game fun not a maths challenge hence the requirement for updated mercenaries.

#34 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 00:44

..... maybe an easier coding answer is increasing the cap on max mercenaries for guilds..... ?

uhm....bump? or someone say "no, bad idea"

edit: silly gif

13-1-11%255B1%255D.gif

Edited by duktayp, 27 July 2014 - 00:52.

#35 lapdragon

lapdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:10

edit: silly gif

13-1-11%255B1%255D.gif

lol

#36 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:13

precisely yes soloing an elite or Super Elite is challenging but some play this game for fun and do not wish to resort to (in their minds) advanced maths to solve the riddle to kill the mega monster. Keep the game fun not a maths challenge hence the requirement for updated mercenaries.

Fun is precisely why I play FS. If I wanted more of a challenge I could find a lot of other things to do. And while I don't want a WIN button, a little help here and there isn't a bad thing.

For players in large guilds with big groups there shouldn't be any muss or fuss in killing creatures. However, in small guilds some of the critters can be difficult without some decent mercs. I CAN solo about any creature in the game, however, i DO like to try and keep my KS alive too. Although, that is sometimes harder said than do too. 

#37 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 August 2014 - 13:29

I'd be happy enough to look over the Mercs and boost the stats of some of the weaker ones. I just have a lot I'm working on at the mo. Events (Quango Island), new Arena prizes (will open a thread for that soon.) and new GRP prizes (will open a thread for that soon too). Various other odds and end as well as keeping Support up to date.

#38 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 14:08

I'd be happy enough to look over the Mercs and boost the stats of some of the weaker ones. I just have a lot I'm working on at the mo. Events (Quango Island), new Arena prizes (will open a thread for that soon.) and new GRP prizes (will open a thread for that soon too). Various other odds and end as well as keeping Support up to date.

much thanks bg for the update on what you are working on... all that you mention needs attention...sounds like you need a new helper..

#39 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 14:24

Thanks for the work you do BG! I can't speak for everyone of course, but I would be willing to bet the farm (if I had one that is! lol) that most players do appreciate all you do for the community!  :)

#40 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 August 2014 - 15:00

Thank you BigGrim on looking into fixing mercs and other areas of the game kudos.. I do think we need to revamp the mercs, not have super large ones, but adapt to where we are in the game. Big guilds get big groups, but smaller guilds do have problems with getting SE and other critters in fs. We need all levels of players and all skill levels keep playing.   I agree plus one to all comments that referred to fun! I come here to play and have fun as well. Math calculations was not always part of the fun factor. I do not mind some but prefer to keeping to the old saying of keeping to kiss method that stands for keeping it simply silly. ^_~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: