• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 matt2269f

matt2269f

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 20:49

i am wondering how many players have had failed cow invents ? 

i know inv 2 doesnt work with them but maybe it should work if an invent fails 

#2 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 02 January 2017 - 20:51

I had thought of that too, but don't know if it would be possible to code such an action ? (I'm no coder) - probably it would, but .. then again .. getting actual coding time for the game is very hard atm anyways.

If inventor II WERE to start working,  I think it should only work on the crystalline items because they are HARD to get - the milk is much easier and the extracted components even easier still.

Just my 2c

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#3 matt2269f

matt2269f

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 20:55

yeah a total wipe-out sucks - i know - just had it happen with cow boots - had inventing at "extremely high'  

i understand not wanting to flood the game cuz of the high inv2 pots (especially the 500)

its just hard to see 500-600+fsp just be wasted in the blink of an eye 

Edited by matt2269f, 02 January 2017 - 21:03.

#4 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 02 January 2017 - 21:00

yeah a total wipe-out sucks - i know - just had it happen with cow boots - had inventing at "extremely high'  

You DID use an inventing potion/buff and have master crafter gear taking you up to 100%, I hope ?

Edited by Pardoux, 02 January 2017 - 21:00.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#5 matt2269f

matt2269f

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 21:04

oh yeah - was decked out in invent gear + empower + invent pot 

#6 matt2269f

matt2269f

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 21:11

i know there is 'always' a chance to fail no matter how good the success chance is but adding the nulled inv 2 --- really hurts on failures - would be nice if the null just affected say the milk (or just having it so the big inv2 pots were nulled )

Edited by matt2269f, 02 January 2017 - 21:12.

#7 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 00:25

i know there is 'always' a chance to fail no matter how good the success chance is but adding the nulled inv 2 --- really hurts on failures - would be nice if the null just affected say the milk (or just having it so the big inv2 pots were nulled )

Actually there is not always a chance you can fail as you can  get a invent rate at 100% and never fail problem is cow epics start at 70% you can pull in 28% or so from inv500 stil leaves that tiny 1-2% which i also seem to find alot

#8 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 01:25

Here we are again with the micro-managing of the game causing problems where none need to exist. Why pray tell does invent2 not work? Same thing happens with Crystal Ladder Chest. Whomever is making these decisions is blowing it.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#9 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 01:51

Here we are again with the micro-managing of the game causing problems where none need to exist. Why pray tell does invent2 not work? Same thing happens with Crystal Ladder Chest. Whomever is making these decisions is blowing it.

INV 2 doesnt work on any of the new epics including the new inferno one sucks when you need 32 hammers to make one or 5

#10 matt2269f

matt2269f

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 02:14

thats kinda what i was trying to get at - with such a 'supposedly very small chance of failure' -yet it seems to happen - why cant inv2 be coded to ONLY work when there is a failed invent (on invents where inv2 is prevented from saving items for reuse)

#11 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 05:28

It was just stupid to have it not work in general... it should have worked but capped to 175 or 192 inventor 2

#12 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 21:35

INV 2 doesnt work on any of the new epics including the new inferno one sucks when you need 32 hammers to make one or 5

thats kinda what i was trying to get at - with such a 'supposedly very small chance of failure' -yet it seems to happen - why cant inv2 be coded to ONLY work when there is a failed invent (on invents where inv2 is prevented from saving items for reuse)

Trouble is that it is a very small chance that is often repeated, and people really remember the failures

For example, the tier 5 hammer requires you to invent 16 tier 1 and 8 tier 2 hammers, each of which is 70%->98% chance of success. That 2% chance repeated 24 times leaves you with only a 62% chance of getting through with no failures.

#13 ironlegs

ironlegs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 22:47

This is also very frustrating on the inventing quests when purchased items often cost 700k plus and sometimes needing 2 items and then fail .or invent 2 kicks in and now you have 2 extra items that can't be used or sold back to store to recoup some gold.

#14 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 22:48

As stated by many here, I back the opinion that there is zero reason why Inventor 2 should not work. 

That stated, I do tend to agree with row's #12 evaluation on player psychology.

#15 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 22:57

Trouble is that it is a very small chance that is often repeated, and people really remember the failures

For example, the tier 5 hammer requires you to invent 16 tier 1 and 8 tier 2 hammers, each of which is 70%->98% chance of success. That 2% chance repeated 24 times leaves you with only a 62% chance of getting through with no failures.

lol i know i made 5 tier 5 hammers dont remind me

Edited by hades8840, 03 January 2017 - 22:57.

#16 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 00:20

lol i know i made 5 tier 5 hammers dont remind me

And was it worth it? 

Again, I'm still backing 110% that buffs should do what they say they do.

I saw you advertising to buy ingredients, I saw sales of 3 tier ones. I think you have recently once again advertised buying ingredients. 

Please don't read any "tone" into this above and beyond the fact that I think you have spent a ton of resources on this. 

The question at the beginning is in earnest. 

There is a huge benefit to being the first. Not all can, or are willing to put forth the effort like hades has, to be the first.

This is the constant conflict in FS in my opinion: Too hard, complaints. Too easy, complaints.

I want to make clear: I think hades is outside the prior statement. They have made an investment. That investment may indeed have been nerfed by follow-up Epics.

I do not mean to imply that they are in the "complaint group". That is a direct shot at the FS community, not him.

I'm not asking hades because I think he is in one of those groups, but because I watched him in the process and I am definitely curious on his opinion as a player that went full force out for whatever reason (or so I think).

The topic in this post is whether peeps have failed at inventing. 

I would hope they do, to an extent. Investing is not without risks.

Again, I think backtracking on a buff is a huge mistake by HCS, prevalent in many game issues. 

Inventing items, farming Titans or eggs or whatever... there's always going to be a limited time frame. 

I think I've now repeated this in this post what will be three tmes and in the thread, probably 4. 

Summary:

I full on agree with my read of matt's second line in the original post that Inventor II should work.

I'm curious whether hades thinks it worked out for them overall.

I'd like to remind every player that investing is not without its risks. Because you failed at making a profit, doesn't mean everybody else did. Your personal decision and how you carry it out is what leads you to a loss, above and beyond what your personal evaluation of "profit" or "loss" is. And remember, there will always be external factors that effect your investment. 

Don't blame the world when you fail in your investment. 

#17 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 00:31

And was it worth it? 

Again, I'm still backing 110% that buffs should do what they say they do.

I saw you advertising to buy ingredients, I saw sales of 3 tier ones. I think you have recently once again advertised buying ingredients. 

Please don't read any "tone" into this above and beyond the fact that I think you have spent a ton of resources on this. 

The question at the beginning is in earnest. 

There is a huge benefit to being the first. Not all can, or are willing to put forth the effort like hades has, to be the first.

This is the constant conflict in FS in my opinion: Too hard, complaints. Too easy, complaints.

I want to make clear: I think hades is outside the prior statement. They have made an investment. That investment may indeed have been nerfed by follow-up Epics.

I do not mean to imply that they are in the "complaint group". That is a direct shot at the FS community, not him.

I'm not asking hades because I think he is in one of those groups, but because I watched him in the process and I am definitely curious on his opinion as a player that went full force out for whatever reason (or so I think).

The topic in this post is whether peeps have failed at inventing. 

I would hope they do, to an extent. Investing is not without risks.

Again, I think backtracking on a buff is a huge mistake by HCS, prevalent in many game issues. 

Inventing items, farming Titans or eggs or whatever... there's always going to be a limited time frame. 

I think I've now repeated this in this post what will be three tmes and in the thread, probably 4. 

Summary:

I full on agree with my read of matt's second line in the original post that Inventor II should work.

I'm curious whether hades thinks it worked out for them overall.

I'd like to remind every player that investing is not without its risks. Because you failed at making a profit, doesn't mean everybody else did. Your personal decision and how you carry it out is what leads you to a loss, above and beyond what your personal evaluation of "profit" or "loss" is. And remember, there will always be external factors that effect your investment. 

Don't blame the world when you fail in your investment. 

Was it worth it interesting question i was the first to make the hammer more out of boredom  to be honest and i did invest most of what i had fsp wise i am not a donator so what i have is what is earned.

pre cow hammer was def worth it but only because INV2 worked on making the basic inferno hammers ppl started asking insane amounts still do for baron items they forget it takes without inv2 working 96 baron items 32 full sets..thats if none fail ..

the hammer is still amazing epic its lvl 200 and is the highest stam per hour weapon for 2000 plus lvls but most ppl who buy epics buy them because they want the best they can get at the lvl they are and most are eoc

first hammer i sold i got 3k fsp so yes was def worth it but i was paying upto 150 fsp for a baron set the price crashed to around 1k fsp after the cow epics...now making the hammer itself is ok once you hit tier 3 and above i think fail rate drops to 0 with decent inv1 but before you can fail and you can def fail making the basic hammers.. i still make the hammers because i like doing stuff ...and sometimes that is at a loss and believe me had some big uns but thats the risk you take you invest hoping you do well helps cover the times when you dont

edit... do i think inv2 should work yes i do or whats the point of the buff is inv2 too high most likely but thats hcs fault they made it not the players like the old UB200 pots they should leave well alone and just dont make anymore and allow the existing pots to be used up... no one wants to invest real money via fsp to make something to see what can amount to hundreds of pounds lost on a virtual invent at least give that person the chance to save something ...

for the new epics the crystal gear is so rare that it wouldnt make a difference ...you can save rp items yet they still hold thier value

i have made the cow hammer another first for me ...and the amulet i have the sword and milk for the helm and will have my fingers crossed when i click invent as i will be crying if that fails.. as i think there is only 21-22 emerald fire swords in the game

Edited by hades8840, 05 January 2017 - 00:37.

#18 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 03:51

inventing having small risk and that good, it not 100% rate, if invent fails that is risk we having with inventing for sets, epics, quests and it should staying

if not wanting doing inventing then selling the items, they very expensive and giving high profit, with this profit you can then buying from player who doing risk and inventing epic

risk is good, same thing people trying with pvp, they wanting removing risk (xp loss) or in past having automatic win button lol

Edited by BigGrim, 05 January 2017 - 14:07.
No flame baiting please.

#19 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 04:46

Why isn't it possible to reach 100% invent rate? All epic hunted cow recipes have a base success chance of 70%. With Inventor 575 that's an additional 28.75% (or Inventor 287.5 = 14.375%). The rest can be provided by the Master Inventor enhancement.

Btw, does anyone know exactly how Master Inventor affects success chance?

Edited by Maj, 10 January 2017 - 04:46.

#20 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:01

Not sure Maj but your right. With best possible 575 inventor your looking at 98.75% chance of success + master inventor adds to that. So at most 1 or less than 1 percent.

I feel for people losing their entire inventable stack but that is how the cows intended it. There Likely WILL NOT be better epics for weapon, helm, and hammer then cow epics. Should be some risk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: