#1 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 January 2017 - 20:45

I feel there should be an increase in potion level or additional options available due to ever increasing donation level pots, global pots, composing pots, and even pvp token pots in terms of strength.

I'm not suggesting "broken" or overpowered potions but some additional options to spend tokens on. Perhaps some buffs that haven't been added to the game yet ... I'm open to ideas and discussion about it

To be honest there is almost nothing for donators to cash out for with tokens outside of LF and Doubler

Edited by Windbattle, 20 January 2017 - 20:48.

#2 leefylee

leefylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 January 2017 - 20:51

yes to this :D  loyalty section is in need of an upgrade

#3 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 20 January 2017 - 21:03

Suggested several times in the past - once with Hoof asking for suggestions in there - all came to nothing.

Let's hope this is the one that results in something...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#4 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 21:14

100% yes there needs to be something new added. Allegiance tokens wasting away. Makes those DQ's that award them valueless to me. This is a reason to value them.

Additional potions sound good to me. As you say nothing game breaking just potions matching or lesser than the strength available. Just something different added there.

Hoof? Whatdya' think? :P

#5 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 20 January 2017 - 21:25

There are plenty of buffs listed via

http://fallensword.c...ls&subcmd=guide

that have not seen the light of day yet.

Plenty of scope to use some of those...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#6 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 21:35

So, we've got two EOC opinions on this, lol.

My take, for what it's worth (and I've been here close to 10 years and active pretty much everyday so just goggle at the Allegiance Tokens I have, lmao):

WB: you already mentioned LF and Doubler, which I agree with. 

I would add UB which is what I, as somebody that has a relatively good amount of stam and grabs GE pots, mostly use.

But let us not forget about lower levels that could hunt every day. I used to budget out my Allegiance Tokens for lots of those pots, hehe.

In any case, I did laugh a lot at peeps saying that they have nothing to use their Allegiance Tokens on. I wonder what they do in game. Leveling I guess? 

Well, I could get that. But then both OP and myself find some valuable pots. 

We could also forget about lower levels. 

Then we could also forget about the fact that you can use Allegiance Tokens to buy extremely high level GB pots. True, perhaps you don't care about top 100 or finishing a GE fast. 

Me? I actually recently used the Allegiance Toks to buy a key for a chest. 

Personally, I still find tons of use for them. 

Keep in mind that some of the other pots could be quite useful for peeps that have some and have opted to not be in a Guild or are not in a Guild with a high level composer. 

Regardless, and I'm sorry to say, I do find enough use for them across the game to find it hard to argue that players need to get something better for free. 

The biggest argument recently has been via DQ that the Allegiance Token reward isn't worthwhile. Personally, I think it has value.

In short, "donation level pots, global pots, composing pots, and even pvp token pots" are all things you either use money for to support the game or use stam for. 

All you need to do for Allegiance Tokens is log in once a day. Hardly thing that deserves "better prizes".

That said... when is HCS going to put back in the timer so we know when it resets? Or better yet, since they decided to make most other things reset at 00:00ST, why weren't Allegiance Tokens included in this?

EDIT: please not that only post 1 and 2 were here when I started responding, lol.

#7 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 January 2017 - 05:02

Global booster addition was nice but it's been years since anything else was added. Almost every other aspect of the game has got some new additions.

My point of making the thread wasn't to debate whether or not the current loyalty potions or keys are worth your loyalty tokens or not. But rather, let's brain storm some really good options that help multiple playing styles.

So far leveling and global event and chest hunters are covered. Who isn't covered? Pvp players, questers, SE players, Titan hunters, merchants, buff sellers, etc. I'm sure there is something that could be added.

Edited by Windbattle, 21 January 2017 - 05:03.

#8 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 05:53

If my mind serves me right BG gave the okay to this. Maybe it's been forgotten.

#9 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 January 2017 - 09:59

Hi there.

For Loyalty Potions, I want some new buffs coded up to use as exclusives. Hopefully, I can get that soon!

~ Grim

#10 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 11:02

Hi there.

For Loyalty Potions, I want some new buffs coded up to use as exclusives. Hopefully, I can get that soon!

~ Grim

That's awesome news. 

Some exclusive potions will be great for the game. And it will serve it's purpose in actually rewarding us for our loyalty.

Can't wait to see what you put there. Thanks BG. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: