39 replies to this topic

#1 Backdraft1

Backdraft1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 22 January 2017 - 21:05

Had an idea on the game, The idea is a "Repair ALL" button on the guild store that would take the repair cost of said items from the guild bank and repair all/ or selected items in the guild store. Would make guild store repairs ALOT easier for guildmates to ensure that your fellow fighters have the best durability in the items that they recall from the guild store.  Feel free to leave comments as Grim told me to do it this way. Any comments are better than no comments. Thank you!

Edited by Backdraft1, 22 January 2017 - 21:06.

#2 Backdraft1

Backdraft1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 21:07

Seems like a reasonable idea - it would need to be permission allowed only, controlled by GF, of course. At least that is how I'd prefer it.

Of course the alternative is to simply have your guildies take responsibility and repair the gear they use as they use it and once they have finished with it.

This would possibly promote bad behaviour in terms of using guild gear and leaving it trashed in the guild store for 'the guild' to repair, rather than fixing it themselves. That would probably annoy me after a while. Hence it should only be permission only in the guild to prevent abuse.

I liked the OP, but am now decidedly in two minds about this.

Edited by Backdraft1, 22 January 2017 - 21:08.

#3 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 21:08

Thanks for moving it over here for discussion.

I think this is an ok idea, and could be included as an ability to be allocated via guild permissions.

I do think guildies should repair the gear they use and take personal responsibility for doing it, but if they don't - they can get canned, or if they forget, this could be useful as a quick fix. It would also be useful for battered guild gear after a GvG for instance. (If folk are wearing guild gear and all store it in the Gs for a mass repair!) So it has its merits, as long as it is something that is not an automatic ability, but one that guildies can earn and be allocated via a permission.

Edited by Belaric, 22 January 2017 - 21:10.

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#4 Backdraft1

Backdraft1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 21:09

BadPenny, on 22 Jan 2017 - 01:46, said:

Actually might be a good thing, especially for larger guilds, as many use guild items and forget to repair them when returning them to the guild store. Could be a new structure maybe?

Edited by Backdraft1, 22 January 2017 - 21:13.

#5 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 21:10

Not sure how to go about it but there have been times I wished for a way to repair damaged gear on guild mates, particularly those that are inactive and have been hit by people that hit inactives. 

#6 Backdraft1

Backdraft1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 21:17

Not sure how to go about it but there have been times I wished for a way to repair damaged gear on guild mates, particularly those that are inactive and have been hit by people that hit inactives. 

Unfortunately, that's part of playing. Also The Cows would probably classify that as multiple accounts if more than one person could benefit said players. 

#7 Backdraft1

Backdraft1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 21:22

Thanks for moving it over here for discussion.

I think this is an ok idea, and could be included as an ability to be allocated via guild permissions.

I do think guildies should repair the gear they use and take personal responsibility for doing it, but if they don't - they can get canned, or if they forget, this could be useful as a quick fix. It would also be useful for battered guild gear after a GvG for instance. (If folk are wearing guild gear and all store it in the Gs for a mass repair!) So it has its merits, as long as it is something that is not an automatic ability, but one that guildies can earn and be allocated via a permission.

I totally agree with that. Guild founder or allocated via guild founder only.  And  GVG's mass repair would give said players with permission a reason to watch the final outcome instead on logging out and "What happens, happens" attitude.

#8 Lomelinde

Lomelinde

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 21:43

I try to repair gear before returning it to the store, but am sure I forget sometimes. I also have often taken gear out of the store only to find it damaged before I even start to hunt, which is frustrating. It would be great to have the option to repair it after return (if I have forgotten) or to make sure that gear in the store is in good shape before I borrow it.

#9 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 22:56

Cool feature. Mass-repair should only apply to guild-tagged items in the guild store for obvious reasons.

Edited by Maj, 22 January 2017 - 23:02.

#10 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 January 2017 - 23:23

Or you could be proactive and use guild inventory to find it all and mass repair it yourself? Imo it's not that hard to do if you keep on top of it. Also, if they're inactive they can't be targeted in GvG anyhow, so damaged gear on them isn't much of a problem.

Not trying to bash the idea, as I do like it in concept, but as Belaric stated, guildies should be expected to take care of guild gear they use, as guilds are providing it for them to use at no cost (at least for us we do), typically recrafting and forging it up, if not outright buying it pre forged, so I think this should be a founder only privilege if it is added.

Maybe have a "sort gear by durablity" option in guild store? THAT would be a big help for people not using FSH....which to be blunt, if you care about this topic, hunting down non-crystalline gear that isn't at 100% durability is SUPER EASY (as well as broken low/crystal gear) using the "Guild Inventory" system, which I love and is a lot better than Gear "Report" (a name that I think is confusing if you're new to the game tbh for looking at guild inventory, lmao)

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#11 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:16

Or you could be proactive and use guild inventory to find it all and mass repair it yourself? Imo it's not that hard to do if you keep on top of it. Also, if they're inactive they can't be targeted in GvG anyhow, so damaged gear on them isn't much of a problem.

How many clicks and data requests would it take to accomplish all of that? If I have 100 items in the GS that need repair then I'll have to recall them to my BP one by one, repair all, then dump them back to the GS. Having a single button/click to do everything is much more user-friendly and efficient. It's a very simple feature that shouldn't take a lot of coding time.

Edited by Maj, 23 January 2017 - 01:24.

#12 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:32

Btw, I only replied to this thread because I was specifically asked to by the TS thru pm, which is puzzling because I've never talked to him in-game. I just gave my input. Whether this feature gets considered or not isn't really a concern. To me, it's one of those nice-to-have features that we can live without.

Edited by Maj, 23 January 2017 - 01:33.

#13 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 January 2017 - 09:51

Certainly something I can mention to Hoofmaster, sure.

~ Grim

#14 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 21:11

Please do  that, BG,  mending my own gear is nearly automatic now days.  If I see gear in the store that needs it, I'll call it to me mend it, then put it back.  If I see it.

I don't know if there are still people that hit inactives or not, but it would be nice to be able to mend damaged gear on them from when they could be hit without the need to call it to me and not have the ability to send it back if it is equipped. lol

#15 Lsrpm

Lsrpm

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 January 2017 - 21:23

I like the idea behind this but the only thing that I have an issue with is the fact that this will make conflicts slightly "easier". 

Maybe have an option to not allow guild repair when a conflict is going on?

uwClls8.png

#16 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 21:55

this good idea but only need working for items in guild store, not on all guild tagging items

#17 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 January 2017 - 23:51

"Sent Yesterday, 06:48
plz check out my latest post under general discussion regarding guild store repair button, comments are appreciated."

Not sure why my input on this would be asked for...

That said it has always been my opinion that guild tagging itself was a horrible addition to the game that made people lazy, dropped the value of every piece of armour in the game, created guilds that coddle instead of teach and made each LE event (after the first) a little more pointless each time they happen.

So making it easier to keep 'guild tagged' gear fully repaired? Yeah sure why not, the damage was already done a long time ago. Why not take another action that people should do themselves and let a single person do it for all, we are all looking for ways to play less anyway aren't we. Strangely.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#18 matt2269f

matt2269f

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 02:41

i would like to see it implemented whether it be just store gear or an option for all gear (via permission is a must though) i dont see why some are complaining about not being able to do worn gear (i know its gvg based issue but we are allowed to buff players offline -why not repair gear too ? )

#19 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 19:53

I'd be against the money coming from the GB, unless it was permission based. 

That said, why not code it so any Guildie can repair all items in GS? Hard to see abuse there with a player using their personal gold.

For the record, against any suggestion for repairing all Guild tagged items... ie, those worn by Guildies or in their backpacks. All of those can be recalled to the GS for this to be done.

#20 SirAdmiral

SirAdmiral

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 21:23

That's too far TBH. If they're not here to play, nobody else should be playing for them.

There is already too much inventive to keep inactives around for their backpack space.

Edited by SirAdmiral, 25 January 2017 - 21:33.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: