326 replies to this topic

#21 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:31

gratz to Zorg well done on this issue the more scripters and cheats are removed the better.

#22 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:37

Titan stride isn't automated titan hunting. :/ Anyway I will miss it. The map refreshing system was very useful for hunting titans and getting around FS in general. Other than that titanstride didn't do anything else except refresh the scout tower which can be done with normal mozilla add-ons as far as I know.

Really ? whats about moving around whole map in 1-2 sec?

#23 LScorpion

LScorpion

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Trinidad and Tobago

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:39

HCS has there own version of lightwalk installed in FS now don't they? My titanstride has been glitchy for a couple of weeks now. Don't know what caused it but Titanstride lightwalk was giving way too many problems to be used.

#24 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:39

I'd say there would be a few thank you donations if there was an offer this weekend at the news of scripts being banned :)

#25 fs_scrogger

fs_scrogger
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:40

If Zorg brought about this change give him a raise! Thanks for the change!

#26 Xakano

Xakano

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:41

I have been asked to also detail that the use of FS. LightWalk is also being banned.

I have edited our first post to detail this also.

#27 milon9999

milon9999

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:42

We are also banning the use of the previously authorized script Titan Stride, effective immediately. As we feel it gives an unfair advantage to players using it.

+50,000 :mrgreen:

Thats why so many people stopped messing with titans, except those using the add on!

I think I will start To Hunt Titan After One Week lol. Great Job HCS

dbzteengohansig_by_zzkurozz-d69715k.png

#28 KitiaraLi

KitiaraLi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:48

You took your sweet time with it though, but at least you came to the right conclusion, so thank you very much for this very needed "security" update 8)

Moral of the story; B4 approving any future scripts, have players who know the game test it for you - that way a cheater will not be able to slip things by you again.

No one can deny that we changed this game and influenced it in such a way that NO ONE could compete with us.. so much so that they changed the rules. ~Abhorrence, chosen founder of Cerulean Sins

#29 LScorpion

LScorpion

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Trinidad and Tobago

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:52

Moral of the story; B4 approving any future scripts, have players who know the game test it for you - that way a cheater will not be able to slip things by you again.

+1 Alpha server testing would be nice.

#30 fs_deadlystrk

fs_deadlystrk
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:53

finally a step in the right direction.. just switch every1 to the new map system now!

#31 LLAP

LLAP

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:53

I have been asked to also detail that the use of FS. LightWalk is also being banned.

What do you mean by FS. Lightwalk?

#32 Shibing

Shibing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:55

the script that was being used to titan hunt before titan stride

#33 Xakano

Xakano

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:55

+1 Alpha server testing would be nice.

We did not approve any of the scripts that have caused the security issues. We are preventing use of the others now to create a clear base, to help prevent any further issues occurring.

We have never allowed the FSPlus script, which lead to accounts being accessed. In fact, we announced that use of this was not permitted on Monday.

#34 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:56

Ok, so titanstride/lightwalk will be removed, but it was never automation. It actually leveled the playing field for players who lived further from the servers. Anyone who understood it and used it will know this.

Everyone also had the chance to use it so it wasn't an unfair advantage.

Now we go back to the days of - he who lives closest to the server is the fastest by a long way.

The best way to level titans properly now titanstride/lightwalk has been banned is to remove the old map system entirely and force everyone to use the new map OR during the beta phase of the new map system ONLY make titans appear on the new map.

#35 LLAP

LLAP

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:56

Ahh, didnt even know such a thing existed.

#36 Lutrafs

Lutrafs

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:57

In other words the only script allowed to be used in conjunction with fallensword is FS Helper, and Im sure sometime in the future (not anytime soon though) they will have implemented most of fs helper features and then remove use of all scripts most likely.

#37 Lutrafs

Lutrafs

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 13:00

Ok, so titanstride/lightwalk will be removed, but it was never automation. It actually leveled the playing field for players who lived further from the servers. Anyone who understood it and used it will know this.

Now we go back to the days of - he who lives closest to the server is the fastest by a long way.

The best way to level titans properly now titanstride/lightwalk has been banned is to remove the old map system entirely and force everyone to use the new map OR during the beta phase of the new map system ONLY make titans appear on the new map.

All the titans would have to show up on the new map before they could do that, im in the land of elements, and cant see any titans using the new map, but if I step on the same location as one I can see it. Just cant see the image on the map screen.

#38 LScorpion

LScorpion

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Trinidad and Tobago

Posted 13 January 2012 - 13:02

For the people thinking this is going to level to titan hunting field now are sadly mistaken. Oldskool76 has exactly what this is going to cause in his post.

#39 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 13:03

Yes, there was an older version of titanstride called lightwalk developed by a player who retired a long time ago. Can't even remember who it was. HCS implemented that into the actual game so you could do several move commands before a page reload and its still in the old map system now.

#40 KitiaraLi

KitiaraLi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 13 January 2012 - 13:03

It wasn't? Either you're not aware of how titan hunting is supposed to be, or you denying fault here. As said elsewhere, I have both first n second hand seen/used lightwalktitanstride myself - and that, is very much so automation/cheating.
I even had a friend make a video of a titan hunt, where he (while at the loo) managed to secure a titan with no hassle whatsoever.
The script basically did all that was needed

Correct, till the creator removed it - and even then, only in that form. We are all very much aware of the alternate version of the script, which ensures titan drops with even less trouble.

It is now as even a playing field as can be, cheaters will once again be at risk of getting booted from the game!

No one can deny that we changed this game and influenced it in such a way that NO ONE could compete with us.. so much so that they changed the rules. ~Abhorrence, chosen founder of Cerulean Sins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: