310 replies to this topic

#61 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 20:21

ok i understand ppl saying "arena champs this" and "arena champs that" but i wasnt saying that those pots should be 2000 tokens so only a few of us who play a lot can get them...

The 2000 taken pricing is only temporary until the Cows get a real price set for them. Just save your tokens up until everything is sorted out!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About this arena champs complaining: STOP. There are going to be people that benefit from every update. That's a fact. But complaining about the players that worked hard to be the best getting the best rewards makes absolutely NO SENSE! They are the best for a reason and the last I checked, the winners are usually rewarded with the best rewards, not the losers.

At the end of the day, the winners of every arena tournament will be rewarded with the highest amount of tokens.

Should we reward the losers with the best rewards or the winners?

#62 drakos333

drakos333

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 20:37

yep i know that the 2000 is temporary for now but i suggested in another update thread that those pots BM LF LIB should be about 2000 tokens each... and im still sticking with my opinion on that one.. but i know the whole thing is still a work in progress... and thanks for sticking up for those of us who have been playing the arena for a long time and have put lots of time, effort, and fsp into it for a long time now... its not like we just woke up one morning and got our crystal medal overnight lol 

#63 Grimwald

Grimwald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 20:44

they high level tournys are spawning because they are filling .. fill the lower ones as fast and they would be 50/50 ..

This is not logically. At the end of every tourny a new tourny is started. If the higher levels are filling faster, it will mean that when its over, you have again a 50% chance of an lower level tourney. So that means that  the faster higher levels tourneys are filled, the less you will have, untill you have only a few of them because the lower tourneys are all stalled, due to lack of players.

#64 johnagod

johnagod

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 June 2014 - 20:44

they high level tournys are spawning because they are filling .. fill the lower ones as fast and they would be 50/50 ..

there are currently 4 tourneys for levels under 650

#65 UrcK

UrcK

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 June 2014 - 20:54

This is not logically. At the end of every tourny a new tourny is started. If the higher levels are filling faster, it will mean that when its over, you have again a 50% chance of an lower level tourney. So that means that  the faster higher levels tourneys are filled, the less you will have, untill you have only a few of them because the lower tourneys are all stalled, due to lack of players.

it was that way is why it got clouded with low level ones .. the change fixed that ...

there are currently 4 tourneys for levels under 650

and they have been sitting there

#66 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 21:09

it was that way is why it got clouded with low level ones .. the change fixed that ...

and they have been sitting there

and this is why grimwald's  idea of having % for level ranges is a good one...have more tourneys like around 100 or so., give certain percentage of these tourneys at certain level ranges- 0-150, 150-300 and so on...each having about 10% and no matter what someone should have something to join...speed wont matter..high level ones that fill faster get replaced by another high level one in that same range.. same with low level ones..if they sit, oh well, they get replaced slower.....it will not slow down the rest of the levels....fair for all and gets rid of clogging up arena

Edited by yodamus, 28 June 2014 - 00:11.

#67 xxlooperxx

xxlooperxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 21:22

One of the biggest issues for the update was to increase activity in Arena.. with 80-90% of them being 1000+ tourneys, that is not going to work... Unless you expect the average player to spend years leveling just to get actively involved in Arena? That doesn't sound like a very appealing idea if you ask me.. It will probably even push most below level 800 or so farther away from Arena...

I for one am trying to get involved into it more often. Since right before the update, i have been working on my setups trying to find the best level ranges for me. However, looking at it right now, it was a waste of time because I'm getting 1 or 2 new tourneys that I can do ever 4 or 5 hours.

With that being said, I really like Grimwald's idea.

25% below 100, 20% below 250, 15% below 500, 10% below 750, 10% below 1000, 20% above 1000.

However i would change the percentage a bit.

1-100=15%, 201-250=15%, 251-500=15%,501-750=15%,751-1000=20%,1001-EOC=20%

Edited by xxlooperxx, 27 June 2014 - 21:37.

XXLOOPERXX%20SIG.png

#68 j3k

j3k

Posted 27 June 2014 - 21:35

with it seeming to be 75% 1000-EOC

while the rest is 25% 1-800

it doesn't seem to be balanced to me all i see is the EOC players getting more tokens then lower levels in arena 

my 2c  <_<

fallen-sword-logo.jpg

I am a merchant. If I'm not ripping you off, then I'm not doing my job! ~Gomezkilla

#69 Nagoyaka

Nagoyaka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 21:40

yep i know that the 2000 is temporary for now but i suggested in another update thread that those pots BM LF LIB should be about 2000 tokens each... and im still sticking with my opinion on that one.. but i know the whole thing is still a work in progress... and thanks for sticking up for those of us who have been playing the arena for a long time and have put lots of time, effort, and fsp into it for a long time now... its not like we just woke up one morning and got our crystal medal overnight lol 

the price on the arena prizes don't affect wins towards the medal in any way.

I have also put a lot of effort, time and fsp into arena, and i rather want it to be active than make a lot profit.

Edited by Nagoyaka, 27 June 2014 - 21:46.

#70 ludwigo

ludwigo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 21:58

No Shindrak, you've simply always been about maintaining the dominance of the arena players who've been doing it for half a decade.

Nothing changes. lol

You are really funny Mister Doom

I never complained regarding masters and beginers in arena ....you have exactly same possibility to win over best arena player as everybody else have .You can use exactly same items and exactly same combat moves so dont eb lazy and do not choose easier way to climb in ladder nobody did .Before if you wish to use combat move s you need to win them and i remember times when ice shard or poison appeared in game and i need fast month to win them, Now you can easy buy them for fast nothing .Before items didnt cost few fsp but 20/30fsp each item at least .It was not easy way for any of TOP 100arena players to be honest try to do without complaining. Beating the best give you good feeling you did great . Think about it

#71 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 27 June 2014 - 22:19

You are really funny Mister Doom

I never complained regarding masters and beginers in arena ....you have exactly same possibility to win over best arena player as everybody else have .You can use exactly same items and exactly same combat moves so dont eb lazy and do not choose easier way to climb in ladder nobody did .Before if you wish to use combat move s you need to win them and i remember times when ice shard or poison appeared in game and i need fast month to win them, Now you can easy buy them for fast nothing .Before items didnt cost few fsp but 20/30fsp each item at least .It was not easy way for any of TOP 100arena players to be honest try to do without complaining. Beating the best give you good feeling you did great . Think about it

Interesting - Shar accuses Shindrak of  wanting to "maintain the dominance of arena players" and you say "I've never complained" ??

Funny comment to reply to, given you're not Shin ... or are you ? ;)

Edited by Pardoux, 27 June 2014 - 22:21.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#72 UrcK

UrcK

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 June 2014 - 22:24

How about 20 points for the 'Good' pots and make them bound so you have to participate in the arena to get them ?

#73 Nagoyaka

Nagoyaka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 22:27

How about 20 points for the 'Good' pots and make them bound so you have to participate in the arena to get them ?

+1

Edited by Nagoyaka, 27 June 2014 - 22:53.

#74 Artzik

Artzik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 22:37

Please get rid of useless potions that can be found in bazaar (all of them) or atleat boost lvl of arena potions, nobody will ever use tokens for those

#75 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 23:02

Interesting - Shar accuses Shindrak of  wanting to "maintain the dominance of arena players" and you say "I've never complained" ??

Funny comment to reply to, given you're not Shin ... or are you ? ;)

lol are you shardoom?

#76 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 27 June 2014 - 23:04

lol are you shardoom?

God forbid LOL

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#77 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 28 June 2014 - 00:35

God forbid LOL

Hey now!

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#78 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 28 June 2014 - 00:52

Hi Grim!

Are you guys able to collect data for how many active players you have in the various level ranges on average throughout any given week?  

If so, then that is the best information upon which to build distribution of tourneys.  However it should not be an exact fit, because Arena isn't typically something new players jump into thus at least for the 1st 100's levels for sure there.  Also many players get into Arena later, especially when they have a lot of stam and want to do something while it maxes out.  So perhaps a % deduction in the below 100/200 level and the perhaps post Level 1000 a slight increase per levels.  

Could possibly experiment and for X # of days have it even across the board and do a tally of actual player levels comparative to tourney levels, if this data can be easily extrapolated from your records and postulate out from that the ratio of active players compared to arena players at the various levels and adjust % accordingly.

I see a lot of #'s being tossed out and they may actually fit with our player base, but starting from a baseline of actual hard data I've found is always good.

Just some thoughts to consider.

P.S. -- Great and quick work making corrections and changes to the arena that are reflecting player consensus.

Edited by BraveKath, 28 June 2014 - 01:07.

#79 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 00:55

..... Funny comment to reply to, given you're not Shin ... or are you ? ;)

lol are you shardoom?

God forbid LOL

Hey now!

LOL!  This is more entertaining than a youtube cat video  :D  :lol:  :P  ;)

#80 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 01:32

On the topic of potions:

I wouldn't mind playing for, say, enchant weapon 1000 if it were tradeable.  Same for any of the others that were just recycled from the AH special section.  

Other than that, I'll float my stick with the other fellows, eliminate them as rewards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: