• Please log in to reply
310 replies to this topic

#81 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 01:58

me already thinks there needs to be an increase in number of tourneys available...maybe double what it is now..to 60 total.... now that level distribution is better..so at least within 60 tourneys, someone at all levels should be able to find something to join..

why not have the arena post generate an arena of the same lvl range when an arena in that range is over... or a few minutes later... for example is a 1600 arena ends another 1600 to 1700 arena populates

#82 j3k

j3k

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:58

How about 20 points for the 'Good' pots and make them bound so you have to participate in the arena to get them ?

Yes i agree with you on that one 

or why not bound them all and make new pots 

EX LF 650 BM 350 etc etc  

;)

fallen-sword-logo.jpg

I am a merchant. If I'm not ripping you off, then I'm not doing my job! ~Gomezkilla

#83 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:21

why not have the arena post generate an arena of the same lvl range when an arena in that range is over... or a few minutes later... for example is a 1600 arena ends another 1600 to 1700 arena populates

agreed...check out my new thread on that

#84 DaleJunior

DaleJunior

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 04:29

I think what HCS should have probably done before they changed the system of rewards, was to improve the matchmaking system first.

Instead of the same people winning all of the arena's, all of the time. There should be a system that categorises a player by their level of skill (Which medal they have achieved) and pits them against similar skilled individuals.

So for instance there would be a complete arena for beginners with all of the lower end rewards and occasionally a few of the higher end. Then once they have earned their bronze medal they would graduate to the arena for 'slightly less rubbish beginners' and only face others who have achieved their bronze medal also. Each 'tier' would have a higher total value of available rewards to give players a sense of true progression.

(Basically a bracket system for the arena, to stop the massacring of the new by the arena pro's that have been doing this for half a decade.)

The only flaw in the system would be the very highest tiers of medals. Which could merely be grouped together until the number of people who have achieved the required amount of wins reaches a respectable and viable amount.

(Copied from the other 'now locked' thread to improve visibility)

Think of it like leagues in football. They don't pit the rubbish low ranked clubs against the premier league, they'd get smashed every single time. (except in special cups/tournaments)

Starter League - Anyone who is just starting out. Mostly low rewards. Occasional good reward.

Bronze league - Anyone with a bronze medal. Similar rewards to previous tier but with increased chances of good rewards.

Silver League - Anyone with a silver medal. Similar to previous tier but with increased chances of good rewards.

Gold League - Anyone with a Gold medal. Similar rewards to previous tier but with increased chances of good rewards.

Crystal League - You get the idea by now... Higher tier will likely have to be merged until the amounts of players in them reach acceptable amounts.

Ruby League

Diamond League

Thank you for your input, but just curious....which "league" would you put yourself in?  Judging from your profile you only did enough arenas so that you could get your first medal, yet you're at an extremely high level and have been playing the game for a very long time.  I am only asking so I can get an idea of how a person's "experience" would be judged, that's all. Thanks. :)

ON the other hand, I do have a Crystal Arena Medal but am by no means an expert any more because I stopped playing the arena a couple of years ago before tons of new equipment was released.  I am no different in a lot of ways than other beginners who have just begun playing, having "grown up" with all of the latest equipment releases, whereas I missed a lot of them by being away from the game.  I think it's going to just be very very difficult to group people together based on experience, but it is a good idea if it could be implemented.  I would like to get back into it but each subsequent change makes me more and more disheartened about it. 

Edited by DaleJunior, 28 June 2014 - 05:42.

#85 jshep74

jshep74

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 04:55

I thought the whole point was to make the arena better than it was before, more fair.  But mostly what i hear is those who have done well want to stay on top and keep those below them.  If you are going to change it, then make it so its fair for all. The reason so many player complained about the LF being 40 was b/c then they couldnt sell it in the AH for 35 FSP anymore.  Its funny how all those LF 600, BM 300, LIB 300 that were selling for 6-8 fsp were bought up real quick by the same players who want to make them 100 or 200 tokens so the new players are forced to buy them from them.

As far as fair, i think they should do it the same way the ladder is played, sort of like it was mentioned before by DaleJunior with tiers.  but i had a slightly diffrent idea....those who have less than 100 wins, those with 250-500, those with 500-1000, those with 1000-2000.  Instead of the same people beating up on the same players .......that would be fair....just like the arena......experience vs experience.

then the prices of the tokens wouldnt matter as much b/c it woul be equal skill vs equal skill.  

as far as the matches now generate across all level ranges more equally and will randomize participants before beginning.  that's not fair at all b/c then EOC players can enter every tournament and others can only enter a few.  to give you an idea im level 1200 and right now there are 18 out of 30 matches i cant enter?  being kept out of 2/3 of the matches, how is that fair?The only people this benefits is EOC players......an if i cant enter 2/3 of the matches then to me that gives the EOC players more chances to win more tokens an buy more items and lower player less tokens and less items able to buy?   THIS IS A REALLY BAD IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF you are going to change the arena, make it fair for all, not more fair for EOC players.  Not that I have anything against EOC players....but if they want to play that way then you should not be able to enter a match under your level by more than 100 levels......That would be fair for all..........but i doubt the EOC players, mainly the ones who care so much about the prices would like it if they were only allowed to enter 2/3 of the matches.  If they are going to spead out the match levels, then they need to make it so its not so unfair to non EOC players!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by jshep74, 28 June 2014 - 05:03.

#86 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:00

I thought the whole point was to make the arena better than it was before, more fair.  But mostly what i hear is those who have done well want to stay on top and keep those below them.  If you are going to change it make it so its fair for all. The reason so many player complained about the LF being 40 was b/c then they couldnt sell it in the arena for 35 anymore.  Its funny how all those LF 600, BM 00, LIB 300 that were selling for 8 fsp were bought up real quick by the same players who want to make them 100 or 200 tokens so the new players have can only buy them from them.

As far as fair, i think they should do it the same way the ladder is played, sort of like it was mentioned beforre with tiers.  those who have less than 100 wins, those with 250-500, those with 500-1000, those with 1000-2000.  Instead of the same people beating up on the same players .......that would be fair....just like the arena......experience vs experience.

then the prices of the tokens wouldnt matter as much b/c it woul be equal skill vs equal skill.  

as far as the matches now generate across all level ranges more equally and will randomize participants before beginning.  that's not fair at all b/c then EOC players can enter every tournament and others can only enter a few.  to give you an idea im level 1200 and right now there are 18 out of 30 matches i cant enter?  being kept out of 2/3 of the matches, how is that fair?The only people this benefits is EOC players......an if i cant enter 2/3 of the matches then to me that gives the EOC players more chances to win more tokens an buy more items and lower player less tokens and less items able to buy?   THIS IS A REALLY BAD IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF you are going to change the arena, make it fair for all, not more fair for EOC players.  Not that I have anything against EOC players....but if they want to play that way then you should not be able to enter a match under your level by more than 100 levels......That would be fair for all..........but i doubt the EOC players, mainly the ones who care so much about the prices would like it if they were only allowed to enter 2/3 of the matches.  If they are going to spead out the match levels, then they need to make it so its not so unfair to non EOC players!!!!!!!!!!!

some players wont always want the right things for the right reasons but you cant label all the top players as greed mongers if indeed many even are just because it may seem that way, the reasons some of us have stated are what is in the best interest rather than a quick influx then everything is dead, itll happen regardless but you can doom it even worse long term'ER if bad choices are in place :)

EDIT : and youve seen a few of the "top" eoc'ers ask for more for the low guys :)

Edited by Undjuvion, 28 June 2014 - 05:04.

#87 jshep74

jshep74

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:14

some players wont always want the right things for the right reasons but you cant label all the top players as greed mongers if indeed many even are just because it may seem that way, the reasons some of us have stated are what is in the best interest rather than a quick influx then everything is dead, itll happen regardless but you can doom it even worse long term'ER if bad choices are in place :)

EDIT : and youve seen a few of the "top" eoc'ers ask for more for the low guys :)

Dont get me wrong, as I stated I have nothing against the EOC players.  But if i am kept out of 2/3 of the arena matches, im sure thats more tokens for them.  But i am by no means calling ALL the EOC players greedy..........My point is that it isnt fair to just randomly decide the match levels, since EOC players can still enter all of them...but someone like me would get cut out of 2/3 of the matches.....surely there is a better way.  Sorry if it souds like im saying ALL EOC players are greedy, im not....i just think random match levels would be unfair to everyone but EOC. That would have been a better way to put it.

There are some hard core EOC arena players that are acting greedy and want to continue thier dominance as you can read in thier posts, but by all means I do not mean that  all EOC players are greedy.

Edited by jshep74, 28 June 2014 - 05:27.

#88 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:37

How about 20 points for the 'Good' pots and make them bound so you have to participate in the arena to get them ?

If by "Good" you mean Brew Master, Conserve and Librarian, then - no.  That would create an extremely unfair advantage in the overall game to the arena players.

Not everyone finds Arena interesting - it's far to passive for me.  So I don't want to be forced to play and no one should be forced to do so just to have fair & equal access to specific beneficial potions.  Since arena does require many prerequisites (enough gold to sustain entry fees, knowledge, moves, access to appropriate-competitive gear) to increase your likelihood of winning tokens, then this would be a very bad move for the game as many players don't have all of those things. It's a great fast track to how to pee off ~ 70% of the remaining players though.

It would be akin to only giving Global Chest to those who land in the Top 100 Global Contributors, or almost like bounding all Epics.

Edited by BigGrim, 08 July 2014 - 14:06.
Swearing.

#89 ladyjudith

ladyjudith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:41

:) great changes in the arena good work see more and more players getting into it now, thanks for this update now if you could handle the issue of the ladder would be nice seeing the same players on the upper ladder ranges from the same guild just hoarding tokens without any effort is sick hope that you can fix that and have a limit on the ladder range on how many players in the same guild can get on it thanks

#90 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:41

Dont get me wrong, as I stated I have nothing against the EOC players.  But if i am kept out of 2/3 of the arena matches, im sure thats more tokens for them.  But i am by no means calling ALL the EOC players greedy..........My point is that it isnt fair to just randomly decide the match levels, since EOC players can still enter all of them...but someone like me would get cut out of 2/3 of the matches.....surely there is a better way.  Sorry if it souds like im saying ALL EOC players are greedy, im not....i just think random match levels would be unfair to everyone but EOC. That would have been a better way to put it.

There are some hard core EOC arena players that are acting greedy and want to continue thier dominance as you can read in thier posts, but by all means I do not mean that  all EOC players are greedy.

i see what u mean now by levels, that is true we can enter way more arenas being higher level and get faster progress, i dont know if that would be fair to only force people to only enter closer to their range also slowing up lower arenas BUT u are correct that it does give us/them faster medal progress and yes more tokens too.

EDIT: u yet open yet another can of worms for the cows :P

EDIT 2: some would say work on leveling though :P

Edited by Undjuvion, 28 June 2014 - 05:45.

#91 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:00

I thought the whole point was to make the arena better than it was before, more fair.

As far as fair, i think they should do it the same way the ladder is played, sort of like it was mentioned before by DaleJunior with tiers.  but i had a slightly diffrent idea....those who have less than 100 wins, those with 250-500, those with 500-1000, those with 1000-2000.  Instead of the same people beating up on the same players .......that would be fair....just like the arena......experience vs experience.

No no no no no no no no and NO! Fair does not mean taking away the arena from the EOCers. Fair is having a nice flat plain for ALL players of the game. 

The tiered approach: This all may sound great and look great on paper, but its an awful idea in disguise!  :ph34r:  Are we trying to stop the top arena players from playing the arena?

Let's get something straight here. Everyone can join every arena... its all about the GEAR you use! Not the level you are! A level 1 can join a level 2000 arena and a level 2000 can join a level 1 arena.

Let's go back before this update: BEFORE the arena update, many were complaining because there were no arena tournaments above level 1200... NOW we are complaining that we have arenas above 1200... Are we just complaining for complainings sake now?

Is greedy the new word for winning? Wow! Now I know what all those creatures feel like with all of us killing them all the time.. we must sound SOOO greedy in their eyes!

Edited by gomezkilla, 29 June 2014 - 22:17.

#92 jshep74

jshep74

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:06

Sure you could say level, im at 1211 and i can't play 2/3 of the matches right now.  You could enter 1 if your 153 or above .......that sucks if your new....and there are only 4 matches if you are under 200.   And lets not forget, your not going to be playing against 153 or 200 level players....their will be 2075 level players filling up that match too.

So what do you tell the new players........level till you get to EOC and then you can win the potions you need to get there???

That sounds about as unfair as you can be?

So wipe away arena for new players..............how in the heck will they learn how to play when at 153 they can play one game out of 30?  Or 4 at 200 ?

The arena was not like this before, last night it was like it always was as far as levels and plenty of people one!!!

Edited by jshep74, 28 June 2014 - 06:07.

#93 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:11

Sure you could say level, im at 1211 and i can't play 2/3 of the matches right now.  You could enter 1 if your 153 or above .......that sucks if your new....and there are only 4 matches if you are under 200.   And lets not forget, your not going to be playing against 153 or 200 level players....their will be 2075 level players filling up that match too.

So what do you tell the new players........level till you get to EOC and then you can win the potions you need to get there???

So wipe away arena for new players..............how in the heck will they learn how to play when at 153 they can play one game out of 30?  Or 4 at 200 ?

The arena was not like this before, last night it was like it always was as far as levels and plenty of people one!!!

forget my last post, i keep getting confused :P yep we need way more arenas at lower levels, cows need to change it asap :)

#94 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:13

Using your example of level 153.. in a level 153 tournament. A level 153 has access to all gear to 153 or below... a level 2075 has access to all that gear as well....

So, both level 153 and level 2075 can enter that level 153 tournament with same level gear... Therefore, FAIR ball game! 

Edited by gomezkilla, 29 June 2014 - 22:18.

#95 jshep74

jshep74

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:13

No no no no no no no no and NO! Fair does not mean taking away the arena from the EOCers. Fair is having a nice flat plain for ALL players of the game. 

The tiered approach: This all may sound great and look great on paper, but its an awful idea in disguise!  :ph34r:  Are we trying to stop the top arena players from playing the arena?

Let's get something straight here. Everyone can join every arena... its all about the GEAR you use! Not the level you are! A level 1 can join a level 2000 arena and a level 2000 can join a level 1 arena.

Let's go back before this update: BEFORE the arena update, many were complaining because there were no arena tournaments above level 1200... NOW we are complaining that we have arenas above 1200... Are we just complaining for complainings sake now?

Is greedy the new word for winning? Wow! Now I know what all those creatures feel like with all of us killing them all the time.. we must sound SOOO greedy in their eyes!

There were no random levels before tonight, there were none last night and plent of people won tokens.  As far as greedy, yes those who want to sell item for 200 so they can sell them for 35 are being greddy.      

Not allowing players to play in the arena...........ya that's fair...........i expect that from someone like you! Try reading my message instead of trying to take it out of context.

And im sure you entered plenty of 2000 level matches tonight an won.....give me a break who do you think you are joking!

#96 jshep74

jshep74

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:16

Using your example of level 153.. in a level 153 tournament. A level 153 has access to all gear to 153 or below... a level 2075 has access to all that gear as well....

So, both level 153 and level 2075 can enter that level 153 tournament with same level gear... Therefore, FAIR ball game! 

Yeah its real fair that the one 153 player can enter one match an the 2075 player can enter all 30.........if you are going to argue my point...and least figure out what it is!!!!!!!!!!

#97 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:22

There were no random levels before tonight, there were none last night and plent of people won tokens.  As far as greedy, yes those who want to sell item for 200 so they can sell them for 35 are being greddy.      

Not allowing players to play in the arena...........ya that's fair...........i expect that from someone like you! Try reading my message instead of trying to take it out of context.

And im sure you entered plenty of 2000 level matches tonight an won.....give me a break who do you think you are joking!

I took your post apart in the paragraphs you made..... so did you take your own post out of context??

Anyways, selling items is all about the consumer.. If a consumer is willing to pay 200 for an item, then I'm guessing a seller would happily sell it at that price.

And I'm not playing the arena right now, the point was to show you that there is no level restrictions to arena tournaments.

Yeah its real fair that the one 153 player can enter one match an the 2075 player can enter all 30.........if you are going to argue my point...and least figure out what it is!!!!!!!!!!

Enlighten me on how I have somehow danced around your point please.

Edited by gomezkilla, 29 June 2014 - 22:18.

#98 jshep74

jshep74

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:28

ahhh i guess this might help.   im saying the 153 guy can only enter 1 match, the 2075 level player can enter all 30....and you think that b/c they use the same gear in the 153 match its fair......what about the 29 other matches the 153 player cant enter......"FAIR GAME....AS YOU WOULD SAY"  !!!!!!!!!!!!    SAD, so sad.

Edited by jshep74, 28 June 2014 - 06:28.

#99 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:37

ahhh i guess this might help.   im saying the 153 guy can only enter 1 match, the 2075 level player can enter all 30....and you think that b/c they use the same gear in the 153 match its fair......what about the 29 other matches the 153 player cant enter......"FAIR GAME....AS YOU WOULD SAY"  !!!!!!!!!!!!    SAD, so sad.

Well, it is fair game. Both players have the ability to join any particular arena. If a 153 guy wants to join a 500 arena, then he can, but the higher levels will have access to more gear giving them an advantage.

Punishing players for leveling or not leveling is not fair. Either level and get access to more gear and broaden your horizon with potential winning setups among the higher levels, or don't level and master your level area.

This low level vs high level in an arena "problem" has been there since day one, why is it a problem now?

#100 jshep74

jshep74

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:44

Well, it is fair game. Both players have the ability to join any particular arena. If a 153 guy wants to join a 500 arena, then he can, but the higher levels will have access to more gear giving them an advantage.

Punishing players for leveling or not leveling is not fair. Either level and get access to more gear and broaden your horizon with potential winning setups among the higher levels, or don't level and master your level area.

This low level vs high level in an arena "problem" has been there since day one, why is it a problem now?

Because they just started a new arena where match levels are randomly created, its only been active in the last 24 hours or less......thats why it was never a problem in the past!!!!!!!

Arena Update #3

Just a small change to arena games today. They will now generate across all level ranges more equally and will randomize participants before beginning. Players will no longer be able to abuse the join order to their advantage. Prices of some items are still under review, thanks for all the feedback and we hope you're having fun!

~ The Fallen Sword Team

Starting to make sense yet?  Or you still dont get it??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: