• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 yoanny

yoanny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 06:06

I have had the misfortune to be conned,and with help I would like to remedy the situation. the following posts will be dedicated to outwitting he thief. He joined my guild , brought over 50 items and put 3 million in the bank. Giving him the powers and permission he stayed for a day ,seemed nice and caring , then stripped the guild and left . I can cover the losses but would wish to warn others and act accordingly to catch him . Its  not the first time hes done this

#2 olescruffy

olescruffy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 07:54

I hate to say it but this is a role playing game.  Whoever stole from your guild is roleplaying a thief.  You should hound him to the ends of FS paying mercs to pound him into custard at all time of the day.  OR you can consider this a very expensive lesson and never give permissions easily or quickly.  Asking the cows to fix this is like saying, "I shouldn't have attacked that SE without a group and I want my kill streak back."  Guild thieves are the same to me as PvP players, just more rotten.

#3 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 08:06

send in a ticket ..  good luck with the results!

#4 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 May 2016 - 09:36

Hi there.

I'm afraid Guild Permissions are in place to prevent this very thing. Do not give them out freely.

~ Grim

#5 yoanny

yoanny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 16:00

Ive almost managed to resolve a few points ,and now I find my account has been temp suspended.....

#6 yoanny

yoanny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 18:20

If anybody /admin could let me know why I`d be thankful, terms and conditions are vague at the best of times but I`d like to know what I did wrong

#7 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 27 May 2016 - 18:28

If anybody /admin could let me know why I`d be thankful, terms and conditions are vague at the best of times but I`d like to know what I did wrong

https://www.huntedcow.com/support

#8 yoanny

yoanny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 09:27

Another ticket gone in , just for the sake of a conversation , Ill be back soon ...and yes more fool me for giving the permissions ,some folk just aint got no issues ...thieves and such , multi`s etc etc etc , keep safe and keep the faith,oops spilt a bit of milk ,no use crying , but why not teach your granny to suck eggs ....

#9 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 20:43

There is a thing around FS called undue attention to another player. It has always been against TOS, reason being to prevent possible abuse/harassment of players. Best to air concerns privately via PM's to trusted assassins, if you like, but public venting about whether a player is/is not a thief, cheat or otherwise unsavory character just is not allowed by our beloved cow gods. This keeps the peace and makes for quiet enjoyment of the game for us uninterested third parties.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#10 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 19:04

There is a thing around FS called undue attention to another player. It has always been against TOS, reason being to prevent possible abuse/harassment of players. Best to air concerns privately via PM's to trusted assassins, if you like, but public venting about whether a player is/is not a thief, cheat or otherwise unsavory character just is not allowed by our beloved cow gods. This keeps the peace and makes for quiet enjoyment of the game for us uninterested third parties.

Came late to conversation, so my 2 cents may not apply.

1. no names were given. just friendly info given.

2.  A warning and reminder of what can happen including consequences (i.e. live with it - unless provable violation of HCS rules).

3. A reference to support was advised.

4. If really bad a chance to request aid (no, actual aid) from allies. If ... (just censored stuff) ..., then gold is gone and shrines disappear. Need aid.  Also, important to copy important info like allies, Guild history, shrines, etc. Hard to rebuild from losses when one does not know what was lost.  

5. There used to be a non-HCS website that kept track of troublemakers. i do not know if it still functions.

Remember, Peace is nice, but War spends FSPs and stamina !

#11 WandKing

WandKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 03:09

Don't give untagging rights or kicking rights until at least 1 year after they join. A thief can't handle such a long wait as they get in and out and on to the next heist :ph34r:  

#12 leefylee

leefylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 June 2016 - 11:01

."  Guild thieves are the same to me as PvP players, just more rotten.

omg what sort of statement is that to make ?? how is gaining someones trust in a guild then robbing them any where near the same as pvp ???

#13 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 11:51

Guild thieves are the same to me as PvP players, just more rotten.

This is a ridiculous statement. PvP is a part of the game and it's people like you with absurd opinions like that why it's essentially dead. Attacking somebody for gold is very different from what these people are doing. It's a part of the game and always has been though thanks to people like you I can't be sure it always will be. :(

Gaining somebody's trust and then betraying them is a really selfish and small minded action. To steal from somebody else's guild where they invested their resources and FSP into is a really awful thing to do. These people deserve to be banned IMO. Sadly I doubt the cows can enforce such things as ultimately they are only enabled via permission to take the things they do.

I hope the original poster succeeds in getting assistance from the cows and recovers all he can. Sorry to hear someone did this to you. I guess in future you and all of us know to be less readily trusting. Though that is a damning thought for the FS community but I guess some people simply don't care. :(

#14 SirAdmiral

SirAdmiral

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 05:22

Hello Kitty Island Adventure is that way --->

#15 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 19:14

5. There used to be a non-HCS website that kept track of troublemakers. i do not know if it still functions.

No it does not. I miss both WOS as I think they were "more functional" than the workaround that happens today. 

However, unwanted attention was the major issue and, begrudgingly, I have to agree with them having been outlawed.

On this, I'll just say I agree... it's rotten that people don't learn and they definitely lose more in the Guild theft case.

Permissions are there for a reason. 

Losses from PvP can be avoided with effort.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: