• This topic is locked This topic is locked
105 replies to this topic

#21 drakos333

drakos333

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 17:06

40 tokens for a BM 300 pot... something wrong there.. those pots used to sell for around 40 fsp each... which is equivalent to almost 2000 tokens!! NOT 40!!!! some of us used to play the arena and make profits from our winnings.... with these latest changes that seems very hard to do now.... 

#22 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 26 June 2014 - 17:15

the way i see it each tournament is giving out enough points roughly between all the wiiners for 1 or 2 items and EVERYONE can flood each rare item that used to spawn ONCE every 30 to 60 minutes before,

you could easily triple the token cost of all resources and quintuple the price on all potions and then at least double the amount of available arenas as well,

everybody is getting tokens now, everybody will stockpile even if they are doing not very good, best to up the items before they arent even needed cos everyone has 6 years worth and cant even sell them and upping max arena spawns will give those without gear for every range the speed they wanted in the first place.

#23 MrSiggs

MrSiggs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 17:29

also seems like all arenas above 400 fill quickly now and the lower levels are stagnant and that causes no higher level arenas from re-appearing...don't know if anything can be done so more high level arenas spawn when 1 finishes..thanks : )

#24 eorxnexus

eorxnexus

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 17:42

you shold do prices depending on buying .. more item is bought higher price will be ... less is bought lower price will be .. that would be some kind fair token market for arenas

#25 berneanu

berneanu

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 17:53

i dont see why people complain so much about the fact BM and LF pots will be more acceptable for general population ?? this is a good thing even if the price is going to drop a lot (40 was just stupid) it is still going to be profitable - lets be serious - if u win one arena and get 40 tokens u buy one pot - and the entry fee is as high as 50k - so u still turn 50k into 5fsp (maybe more) - also how many turnaments with BM pot were there in a day - 5-10 maybe - now u can decide and invest all ur tokens into this potion - so some one that is good at arena can make alone maybe 10 pots per day - so pls stop complaining about the drop of prices - people complained about composing potions ruining the price for potion farmers and that didnt happen - all i see now is that everyone gets a fair share of arena items/ arena pots - BIG FREAKING GZ - i`m loving this update - i`m glad my feed back on returning the randomness of arena lvls was taken into consideration - i`m also glad that the ideea of token vs gold entry is also taken into consideration :) guess yesterday i didnt write in vain :)) - as far for prices in the arena shop they are fine by me - i`d just remove berserk and FI potion from the 40token list - i`d remove them cause u can buy them from AH specials so they arent usefull now anylonger - thx for reading another long post - and for the 100 time - BIG GZ TO THE DEVELOPERS - i love arena now - and will try and be more active in it ;)

• j3k likes this

#26 Placeboo

Placeboo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 26 June 2014 - 17:55

This is a really a shame how this update has gone and broken the economy. There was clearly no thought put into this by HCS. Tons of tons of tokens being given out and prizes at ridiculously low costs. There are already pages and pages of BM300 potions in AH at a fraction of the cost of what they have always been.

Arena is not going to draw any interest if you make prizes worthless, there may be some initial interest. But it will fail eventually. Helmars and volkers set at the same cost? DD 150 potion same cost as Lib300 and Cons250? - just throwing out blanket prices on all of the same type of items is really a shame - a bit of effort to look at prices of items and base tokens on those prices would have made this awful awful update somewhat acceptable.

It is a shame that you listened to shindrak's "idea" of token simply because he kept posting it - all that needs to be done is give us new gear / prizes in arena more than every 2 years!!!!!!!

Another arena downgrade.

#27 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 26 June 2014 - 17:59

i dont see why people complain so much about the fact BM and LF pots will be more acceptable for general population ?? this is a good thing even if the price is going to drop a lot (40 was just stupid) it is still going to be profitable - lets be serious - if u win one arena and get 40 tokens u buy one pot - and the entry fee is as high as 50k - so u still turn 50k into 5fsp (maybe more) - also how many turnaments with BM pot were there in a day - 5-10 maybe - now u can decide and invest all ur tokens into this potion - so some one that is good at arena can make alone maybe 10 pots per day - so pls stop complaining about the drop of prices - people complained about composing potions ruining the price for potion farmers and that didnt happen - all i see now is that everyone gets a fair share of arena items/ arena pots - BIG FREAKING GZ - i`m loving this update - i`m glad my feed back on returning the randomness of arena lvls was taken into consideration - i`m also glad that the ideea of token vs gold entry is also taken into consideration :) guess yesterday i didnt write in vain :)) - as far for prices in the arena shop they are fine by me - i`d just remove berserk and FI potion from the 40token list - i`d remove them cause u can buy them from AH specials so they arent usefull now anylonger - thx for reading another long post - and for the 100 time - BIG GZ TO THE DEVELOPERS - i love arena now - and will try and be more active in it ;)

for me its is the fact that if those pixels stay valuable then fsp stays needed, fsp stays needed then people want fsp, fsp is wanted then others want it to, everybody wants fsp so they donate, everybody donates we have a game, thats why **I** want rare stuff to stay valuable and why we need rare expensive stuff, what i want is the games future not to charge a few people a measly 40 fsp for a potion :)

#28 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 18:01

Arena was moving so quickly yesterday... seems this update froze it again :(

#29 j3k

j3k

Posted 26 June 2014 - 18:01

This is a really a shame how this update has gone and broken the economy. There was clearly no thought put into this by HCS. Tons of tons of tokens being given out and prizes at ridiculously low costs. There are already pages and pages of BM300 potions in AH at a fraction of the cost of what they have always been.

Arena is not going to draw any interest if you make prizes worthless, there may be some initial interest. But it will fail eventually. Helmars and volkers set at the same cost? DD 150 potion same cost as Lib300 and Cons250? - just throwing out blanket prices on all of the same type of items is really a shame - a bit of effort to look at prices of items and base tokens on those prices would have made this awful awful update somewhat acceptable.

It is a shame that you listened to shindrak's "idea" of token simply because he kept posting it - all that needs to be done is give us new gear / prizes in arena more than every 2 years!!!!!!!

Another arena downgrade.

not every one uses pots to profit from im gonna buy the LIB pot to hunt with when i get enough tokens lol

fallen-sword-logo.jpg

I am a merchant. If I'm not ripping you off, then I'm not doing my job! ~Gomezkilla

#30 UrcK

UrcK

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 June 2014 - 18:11

Please up the rate of high level arenas dramaticly .. we burn through them fast .. they flow much faster than low ones ...

#31 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 18:13

Just noticed the 16 person tourney cost the same as 8 person tourneys and have the same rewards...

It used to be proportional.. where either cost was 1/2 or reward was double (since 16 has more joiners, lower odds, and more gold sunk)

#32 doogonzee

doogonzee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 18:15

Before the last update arena was alive... maybe like never before. That had few good sides, such was FSP market impact and bringing back the joy in almost forgoten (for the most of us) part of the game. Downside apparently is that chosen few lost their monopoly on arena items.. At current  pace tokens will be much  rarer, and eventually cost of the items will go up again.. but the joy has gone.

#33 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 18:25

thanks for a better update- like that we are back to random levels (keep them all, each level presents a new line of gear possilbiities, and variation), BUT, the fun of arena is gone..fun was paying 20k to try and win a great pot to sell for 25-50 fsps and upgrade character..just playing to win tokens to buy things later is not FUN..when the fun goes away so does the urge to play...not fun to play for tokens..and the prices of store are way way off....berserk pots, ew1000 pots, holy flame pots...santuary pots - all of these are not equal to bm300 pots, light foot pots, conserve pots, well read pots..but yet they are in the store..i would be willing to bet 99% of all store buys with tokens will be either- bm300,light foot pot, conserve pot, lib pot or fire stones( fire stones= to any worthless quest item, or crystal piece, very bad)...not much else will be bought..as all these prizes are way under priced..tokens were to supplement the prizes..not be the prizes...i dont see myself jumping up and down excited in my room from winning tokens..where i used to when i would win something good...as one other said..yes it looks good for now...but give it a few weeks, when all prizes will be worthless to sell in ah,  and it might be slower than ever..arena was a way to get gold or fsps to help upgrade characters or buy new arena gear...with this system, that will be extremly hard to do...

#34 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 26 June 2014 - 18:31

another idea for the spawning mechanism u guys have is split the spawnings into groups, 4 groups, 10 tournaments dedicated to lvl 1 to 500, 10 dedicated to lvl 501 to 1000 etc etc 1501 to eoc :)

#35 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 18:36

for sure we need more tourneys to enter..and you may need to tweak the spawning so that more come out for higher levels- even way above my level that i cant enter..- not fair for those level players, yes they fill faster..because more players involved in arena are high level...lower levels players have been chased away from arena from all the loses they experienced over last few years..still seems to be a rich persons toy to play with...and 16 player tourneys should have much bigger token prizes

#36 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 26 June 2014 - 18:38

for sure we need more tourneys to enter..and you may need to tweak the spawning so that more come out for higher levels- even way above my level that i cant enter..- not fair for those level players, yes they fill faster..because more players involved in arena are high level...lower levels players have been chased away from arena from all the loses they experienced over last few years..still seems to be a rich persons toy to play with...and 16 player tourneys should have much bigger token prizes

i think the low ones actually stall cos u need a setup nearly every 5 levels and thats a lot of bp's for most, at higher levels a setup lasts MANY levels :)

#37 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 18:39

Arena is dead to me again no level 2000 arenas,if the point of the update was to get more players in the Arena that is not happening, If the point of the update was to save make arena items worthless your mission has been achieved. damage to the games economy has just reached a new all time low.

#38 xxlooperxx

xxlooperxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 18:43

The way I see it, this new update encourages the "pros" to enter every arena instead of just the profitable ones as it was before. Even though the less skilled players can earn tokens now, it is now more unlikely for them to win at all whereas in the previous version, they could join an arena with the reward of a EW 1000 and have a legitimate chance. Maybe there should be tiers involved: beginner, intermediate, expert.

Beginner would be for players who have less than 500 wins.

Intermediate would be for players with 500-999 wins.

Expert would be for player with 1000 wins or more.

The level ranges could probably be different but i think this would be a legitimate way to get more people involved. Mainly because new arena players would be playing against people their own skill level.

Edited by xxlooperxx, 26 June 2014 - 18:45.

XXLOOPERXX%20SIG.png

#39 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 18:46

i amlost forgot about this- possibly the most important thing NOT DONE- please please oh boy please...MAKE THE MATCHUPS RANDOM !!!   no more first to sign in vs second to sign in...this will keep the cheating down...this is very important and wanted by all arena players ...random matchups please

#40 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 18:55

i think the low ones actually stall cos u need a setup nearly every 5 levels and thats a lot of bp's for most, at higher levels a setup lasts MANY levels :)

you could be right about that , but also there are much much fewer players at lower levels that play arena..most all arena players are above level 200, majority above level 500..and those players i guess dont have level 200 and below setups readily available..just add more tourneys to enter..but i do think the spawn rate for higher levels tourneys need to be upped a lot...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: