Photo

Scavenging NEEDS to be updated..

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Poll: Scavenging Mk II ? (48 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Scavenging be changed?

1. No - Fine as it is (10 votes [20.83%])

Percentage of vote: 20.83%

2. Yes - Increase chance of finding "special" creatures during an event (9 votes [18.75%])

Percentage of vote: 18.75%

3. Yes - Add a 3rd cave for "special" creatures (as per suggestion below) (21 votes [43.75%])

Percentage of vote: 43.75%

4. I don't care - I don't scavenge (8 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:38

I stopped scavenging a while ago with the same problems noted above. Each time new LE's come out into the caves it seems like the appearance rate of the LE's gets less and less. Even though there is a higher drop rate of the monster, that doesn't really compensate, in my opinion, to the fact that there is a small chance, 5-10% chance to see an LE. I believe you would see a higher usage rate in gold if the appearance rate was increased, or if there was a buff/potion to increase the appearance of LE's in the caves.

#42 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:11

another (futile) bump

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#43 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 18 November 2014 - 20:25

*tries again*

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#44 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 21:24

yes..hopefully this time radneto checks out the thread...more for him, hoof and zorg to work on..

#45 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 00:20

The thing that stands out to me is ..That if 25 players spend 50 mill each or 250 players spend 15 mill each more gold would be sunk..the system as it now stands is preventing players of lesser means Gambling on cave returns..

Edited by katatonic, 19 November 2014 - 00:24.

#46 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 00:41

I have not voted as I am not sure this is the issue.  Value of the drops seems to drive need to hunt the caves.

The caves is one reason i worked on increase my bank... but I believe the issue of lack of player playing the caves is from a lack of profit.  You have to have BP space to hold the items and AH slots to sell them.  I hunted the caves during the last cave event for sets for mates not for profit as I knew I would not make a profit (but in my mind i was hoping).

I have the AH slots now, but not the open BP space.  I have only made a profit when special potions are in the caves with LEs. Sets from caves no longer sell for enough to make a profit.  LE sets need to be important for game play or they are not going to be worth hunting.

EDIT:  I used about 100 Million gold on last cave event.

Edited by justinian9, 19 November 2014 - 00:43.

#47 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:04

The caves are evil. As they stand now they are a waste of my time and my gold.  I'd rather just send  my gold out to random new players than toss it down the toil... erm caves...

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#48 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 November 2014 - 20:00

I agree with you the drops are not that great in scavenger caves. I do  think that this random option should  be updated and used. If you have a rare, unique item or gear this should be a gamble but with a fair ratio of getting drops.  I think gold sink is part of the game allure and yeah I have done the caves.  If there is an event in the caves,  then the drops should be better.  There are inventing items or potions you need from the caves to use. It is a place for some resources that is not in ah at times.  I did not vote because I know the drops need improving whether it is a resource or special gear. I can only hope that the staff will take a look at ratios on drops and improve the surprises of what is in the caves. Maybe a few new critters with something new only found in caves and update information on resource pages about the caves for players that would like to take a chance and see what you get.  I compare the caves to fishing you do not know what you are going to get but that is part of the challenge of that area of the game. Win some, lose some, but it should be fun to try.  ;)

#49 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 21:21

Scavenging annoy/s me very much .. Get frustrated just writing in this post about it.. Blahhh ... Ahh hum bug to scavenging

#50 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 21:41

I reiterate... the caves are evil.. I shall never set foot there... but fix them for those that dare.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#51 raist007

raist007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 22:04

As a fairly regular 'scavenger' (I hate seeing my FI1k/RF pots wasting away after SE hunting - lol), I would love to see an increased appearance of LE creatures when scavenging during cave events.  Maybe something like 2X the appearance and reduce the drop rate by 1/4.  However, what I would REALLY love to see is inventable gear (sets and/or epics) that can only be made by drops from cave LEs.  Have the item drops be bound, but the inventable item auctionable.  This would provide a LOT more incentive for people to be willing to part with their gold and take the plunge into scavenging.  AND it would re-vitalize the scavenging aspect of the game and give people more to look forward to than just the EW and Res pots ;)

#52 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 23:40

Nice idea, Raist, but I'm still terrified.  I'd rather face Skull Carver nekkid :P

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: