Photo

Composing - What I would like to see

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 WWWolf

WWWolf
  • United States of America

Posted 21 November 2014 - 15:18

Since the new Development Thread seems to be dominated by discussions about PvP (no surprise) I thought I would separate out the discussion for Composing here.

First, I would like to say I personally am excited and hopeful for next week's planned update to Composing.  However, there are a few aspects of Composing that need to be addressed other than just the addition of buffs:

1.  Buffs above level 20 - Promised for the week of Nov. 23rd - 29th

2.  Ability to send Guild Tagged Composed Potions to Guildmates - Promised over a year ago

3.  Confirmation before deleting Templates - Been discussed but never promised

4.  Ability to edit/manage templates while composing max # potions

5.  Be able to see details on your potions while composing them (mouse over)

6.  Instant Finish reset at midnight server time - been discussed (along with bank deposit reset) but again, never promised

If you have any other ideas to improve Composing (either new or previously discussed), please post them here.

#2 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 November 2014 - 15:56

I like to see more combinations of buffs on a potion as you get higher level in composing where you can do several combos. I am not to high in composing but I think this would be a nice goal to try to reach to keep an interest in composing. 

#3 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 November 2014 - 16:19

- Collect All button

- Remake last batch button

#4 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 16:24

- Collect All button

- Remake last batch button

+1

#5 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,817 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 November 2014 - 16:26

Mwahahahahahahaha! This has been added to my design and discussion document! Keep the ideas coming!

#6 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 November 2014 - 16:47

I was thinking and not sure how others will like this as a feature but a drop down list on what buffs are used and names or templates as most common statistics of what you made. Your own personal lists of count on what you have done in categories by buffs and levels.  It could be on or off switch preference perhaps in game somewhere to see it.  It is only a thought because sometimes I do not remember what I did last with the template if I am gone for a bit. 

I know you get a grand total for a medal but in general there might be some areas or categories you might like to improve on or even back off from one you are at top end of and start somewhere else to improve.  I am also thinking a top list of composers maybe too. You can see where you are perhaps with the masters.  :D

Edited by bigchaos, 21 November 2014 - 16:48.

#7 WWWolf

WWWolf

Posted 21 November 2014 - 16:58

One thing I forgot to mention is I would like the ability to add more Composing Templates.  I keep running in to the limit of 10 templates and would gladly pay to upgrade this.

Personally, I could see paying the same amount (5 FSP or 500,000 Gold) to add +1 Composing Template as you would for +1 Component Inventory Size.

#8 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 November 2014 - 17:34

One thing I forgot to mention is I would like the ability to add more Composing Templates.  I keep running in to the limit of 10 templates and would gladly pay to upgrade this.

Personally, I could see paying the same amount (5 FSP or 500,000 Gold) to add +1 Composing Template as you would for +1 Component Inventory Size.

Yes I agree with you this would help  on your composing adventure to be able to extend the templates.  I hope this can be done or mentioned on down the road thank you for your post on this topic.  :)

Edited by bigchaos, 21 November 2014 - 17:35.

#9 JBKing89

JBKing89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 November 2014 - 04:48

They've been mentioned already, but +1 to...

• Collect all button
  • Send guild tagged to others
  • More templates
  • Ability to edit template, so you don't have to delete your 10th one.
  • More skills available.  After level 26 when Coord Attack and Defense max at level 250, there is very little reason to continue leveling, in my opinion.

#10 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:23

Smashing Hammer added to the skills list which tops out at level 250.

#11 steveanaya

steveanaya

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 10:40

Would be neat to see some caps for certain buffs increased, like:
AL-250
Conserve-300
Doubler-1500
LF-1000
Lib-300

And the addition of a few buffs, like:
Reck-200
TH-200
Merchant-200
EW-1250
Enchanted armor-300
Enchant Shield-250
SSI-200
FI-1250
RF-250
SH-200
Berserk-500

The level cap for composing should also be raised to 100, with these and more buffs put in to fuel the need to power level composing. Should also not be too difficult to get to level 100 though.

#12 JBKing89

JBKing89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 November 2014 - 13:18

I'm all for additional (and new) skills to be available in composing, but I think the current caps are fine. 

For one, the frag cost gets outrageous, IMO.  Looking at a doubler 750 for 60 minutes, just to compare to the Greater Doubler potion... it costs 76 commons, 70 rare, 64 unique, 24 legendary, 20 crystal, 18 SE, and 45K gold to create.  Cutting it to 30 minutes, which is probably long enough for the majority of players, the costs are half.  But still, why do that when you can buy the Greater Doubler potion for 27K gold. 

I'm not saying the costs are too much for higher level skill potions, they should be expensive.  I'm just showing that there needs to be a reasonable cap on the skill level, or no one will be making ones at such high costs.  And we don't want composing potions reaching up into Loyalty Potion levels.

#13 onray24

onray24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 November 2014 - 19:01

i would like to be able to break down the potions i've made for a chance for items back instead of just trashing them another gold sink and i think new buffs designed for pvp and new ones for hunters,farmers,fraggers and maybe even titan hunters

#14 RED

RED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 20:22

How about some skills that DONT use commons....At my level we get no common drops to speak of and at composing level 13 I mostly use commons....RED

#15 RD1542

RD1542

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 22:24

how about adding an anti farm bot mechanism?  i think that would be the best update for composing that you could produce. 

i was certain that the globals were going to be secret bot traps, composing could be the same idea. 

Edited by RD1542, 22 November 2014 - 22:25.

#16 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 22:35

how about adding an anti farm bot mechanism?  i think that would be the best update for composing that you could produce. 

i was certain that the globals were going to be secret bot traps, composing could be the same idea. 

Great idea. Add composing itself to the list of things that need script detection. Again it's a few that exploit the apathetic or lack of detection capabilities.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#17 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 November 2014 - 22:48

I mentioned scripting in composing MONTHS ago and nothing (visably) was done. When composing was first introduced, I was going at it as hard as I could and folk were streaming ahead and some were Level 50 in VERY short order.

Some players, to all intents and purposes, without directly stating it, even admitted they were scripting but ... ho hum.

Scripting is, it seems, hard to detect and thus it seemingly goes undetected / unpunished - with the onus on players to prove other players are cheating. I've suggested a possible way to detect scripting in a different facet of the game but, not being a programmer, am not sure if it's actually possible or not, but on the surface at least, it "should" be an easy implementation.

A lot of folk have a "sour taste" in their mouths about scripting:(

Edited by Pardoux, 22 November 2014 - 22:49.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#18 apedde

apedde

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 November 2014 - 22:57

why not ban all scripts?

fsh is not working good, I only use Fast Take items from mailbox and Fast BPFast GSFast Wear for recallling

cheating scripts are used for AH, titan hunting, composing and gvg

this destroys the game 

#19 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 November 2014 - 23:01

why not ban all scripts?

fsh is not working good, I only use Fast Take items from mailbox and Fast BPFast GSFast Wear for recallling

cheating scripts are used for AH, titan hunting, composing and gvg

this destroys the game 

Again, removing the FSH entirely has been suggested and a lot of players were against the idea. Were some of those against the idea scripters ? - possibly, but I suspect most weren't, and just wanted to use the FSH because of all the added functionality / user-friendliness that it offered.

The core features of the FSH should be implemented AS A PRIORITY and then all scripts banned - and, if anyone is caught after that point, they should be terminated immediately. No warning, no suspension, GONE  !

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#20 apedde

apedde

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 November 2014 - 23:10

Again, removing the FSH entirely has been suggested and a lot of players were against the idea. Were some of those against the idea scripters ? - possibly, but I suspect most weren't, and just wanted to use the FSH because of all the added functionality / user-friendliness that it offered.

The core features of the FSH should be implemented AS A PRIORITY and then all scripts banned - and, if anyone is caught after that point, they should be terminated immediately. No warning, no suspension, GONE  !

very good :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: