118 replies to this topic

#21 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 22:21

Sounds like someone is suggesting mzzery's fearsome guild operates without some degree of honor. When in reality it is only the fear of their resolve that prevents people from defense of unprovoked attacks. Those who know the difference also know this isn't true in the slightest. If one of hers did one of mine wrong I wouldn't hesitate to demonstrate my own resolve, and vise versa. I speak from experience, and can also assure people that polite diplomacy to clear up potential confusion goes a long way.

Honor? Pfft. Most folks in the guild have it but not all. I speak from experience as well ;-)

#22 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 22:24

I feel a funny meme is coming soon!

#23 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 22:32

It only eliminates the risk of the other player getting his guild and friends involved though. It doesn't eliminate the risk of the fight escalating into a on the hour back and forth between two players.

PvP has always been about the reaction. Being able to bounty every hit takes care of that very rare outlying experience I quoted. Let's not forget the cheapest PvP protection at 200k gold for 24hrs. Players continue to ask for entitlement to play free without risk. Hit PvP protection - AND you get to bounty. This is simply another example of players asking for PvP to be changed because they are scared, incapable or have some moral objection. I reiterate they need to use the PvP protection option. If they want to try PvP without the risk of losing xp, again play GvGs or Arena!!! There are plenty of other things to develop in the game and coding development is basically dead anyway so this discussion is futile!

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#24 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 22:37

hello donalde,

your idea bad for pvp, it will decreasing pvp activity for many reason

players here posting how can defending, maybe you can posting another idea that will not decreasing pvp activity

PvP involves "risk"

PvE involves "experience"

You know Shardoom you can still download Pacman if this is a problem, just helping here

but bro, pacman having risk too, you can losing one live if getting killing tongue.png

Honor? Pfft. Most folks in the guild have it but not all. I speak from experience as well ;-)

you not knowing what word honor is

people already knowing you liking trolling, you are knowing for being liar, starting fighting like you doing now in this topic (biggrim you seeing how he attacking to getting like many times pvp topic locked)

how sick person needing be in head for getting pleasure from trolling?

that not normal

why you can not posting like normal person without trolling or starting fighting? it not difficult

Edited by kitobas, 15 November 2016 - 22:40.

#25 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 22:43

PvP in this game is wonderful and works brilliantly - To this I will also add the PvP in this game is more advanced than any other game out there which is also why I came back to this game. There are plenty of options in this game to help beginners learn the concepts of the game, all of which range from mentor's - tutorials - guilds - pvp ladder players - arena players - fs guide - wiki and etc..

As Mzz commented there are also "PLENTY" of "SOLUTIONS" when dealing with a PvP attack. You can reply with an attack of your own, you can bounty, you can ask friends and guild to hit on the bounty.

The posters idea of creating a 24hr period to gear up or counter attack is anti-climatic. There are no win buttons in this game, and perhaps that has frustrated some over time. The beauty of this game remains in its ability to be so flexible regarding how you prefer to dress/gear your character - or BB/ Hit back/ de-level. I don't believe creating a 24 hr cycle will do anything other than disappoint people and cause them to leave the game. This would be like leveling your character up and using all your stam but waiting a week's time to see .... if you lost in any of the combats - receive your levels - gold etc... No no and NO ! This idea is not an improvement to the game this would be horrible of which I can and will not support.

The poster clearly lacks in game experience - and while any suggestion to improve the game in any way is welcomed - I have to say this suggestion is entirley flawed on many levels including the main concept which would also be in contradiction of the game it self.

PvP - promotes activity - log on - talk to friends - see what happened. Wait... what? You wanna wait a week and think about how you should react? LOL Ideas and suggestions are good but talk to people in game - chat with the PvP community this won't work, but I thank you for sharing your idea with us all.

- Chazz

thank you very much bro, very good posting

#26 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 22:50

hello donalde,

your idea bad for pvp, it will decreasing pvp activity for many reason

players here posting how can defending, maybe you can posting another idea that will not decreasing pvp activity

but bro, pacman having risk too, you can losing one live if getting killing tongue.png

you not knowing what word honor is

people already knowing you liking trolling, you are knowing for being liar, starting fighting like you doing now in this topic (biggrim you seeing how he attacking to getting like many times pvp topic locked)

how sick person needing be in head for getting pleasure from trolling?
that not normal

why you can not posting like normal person without trolling or starting fighting? it not difficult

I never claimed to be honorable. Quite the opposite as you point out. But to claim yourselves to be honorable? As I said, the vast majority of you are, but just a couple rotten eggs and well...

If someone makes a wildly inaccurate claim, you would feel inclined to point it out as well, no?

#27 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 22:58

I never claimed to be honorable. Quite the opposite as you point out. But to claim yourselves to be honorable? As I said, the vast majority of you are, but just a couple rotten eggs and well...

If someone makes a wildly inaccurate claim, you would feel inclined to point it out as well, no?

.... and here I was, thinking you were talking about my guild. My bad :P

og3DxyP.gif

#28 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 22:59

Words like honor and integrity are worthless in this game.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#29 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 23:00

PvP soon to be Pillow Vs Pillow.

#30 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 23:03

I feel a funny meme is coming soon!

October-27-2011-02-46-50-5vn70z.gif in b4 the lock

#31 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 23:03

.... and here I was, thinking you were talking about my guild. My bad :P

Oops. I was. I thought you were in the same guilds. I've actually not really dealt with his guild much so not really sure what the anger is all about ;)

#32 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 23:04

I don't consider my claim to be wildly inaccurate at all. Hitting isn't the only way a player can provoke attention. Sometimes just the things said is considered more offensive then hitting someone. One of the most honorable guilds in the game list disrespect as greatest cause to invoke war with them. Some players just refuse to accept this, and it's looking for a suspension to explain such with words, so action is the choice resolve.

Edited by Ryebred, 15 November 2016 - 23:08.

#33 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 23:10

Ok. I didn't get past Don 2nd paragraph. I can't tell you how many times I have seen targets that I know in my head, I was going to beat. I had on better gear with lots of BUFFS. Only i lost to a First Strike Enhancement. What is up with that :(

#34 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 23:12

Ok. I didn't get past Don 2nd paragraph. I can't tell you how many times I have seen targets that I know in my head, I was going to beat. I had on better gear with lots of BUFFS. Only i lost to a First Strike Enhancement. What is up with that :(

Parody does exist, and it's a beautiful thing ^_^

#35 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 23:21

Oops. I was. I thought you were in the same guilds. I've actually not really dealt with his guild much so not really sure what the anger is all about ;)

If you pay attention, you will notice that most posters in this thread aren't in my guild :P

og3DxyP.gif

#36 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 23:31

If you pay attention, you will notice that most posters in this thread aren't in my guild :P

Your guild was just pointed out and I had to counterpoint. Again, vast majority of your members are great folks. Totally professional. But some just can't resist my charms and come and join me in the gutter. ;-p

#37 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 00:26

just can't resist my charms and come and join me in the gutter. ;-p

Your self deprecating title is well deserved.

[Signature removed]

#38 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 00:36

Your self deprecating title is well deserved.

Earned and deserved!

#39 Necra

Necra

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 04:04

I did nothing of the sort.  Merely pointed out people fears, whether justified or not.

A revenge hit option takes away absolutely nothing from respectful, honourable players anyway.

I'm kind of having trouble now understanding the opposition to the premise. O.o

ppl will always have fear expectally in the unknown. and new pvp'rs unexperienced ones will fear the *what if's*  this is some thing NO ONE can change or pad.

my suggestion to this is the said/any player should/can vocalize their  their exploitation in pvp and inexperience and curiosity on playing in pvp. might get a more positive result/reaction (granted the person is being serious)... (again this is not directed to any one person - generally speaking)

Edited by Necra, 16 November 2016 - 04:09.

#40 Necra

Necra

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 04:31

This is my 1st ever actual proposal to change PvP, discussed it shortly on global chat with BigGrim. (also, english is my not native language, so if I make mistakes, please try to understand idea I am talking about, not how I say it out)

To start with, when game was young, PvP attack against player was not guaranteed win as it is nowadays.( its NEVER been a guaranteed win ) [disclaimer, I am talking about "random" PvP attacks, or attacks to steal gold, thus excluding 'professional' PvP, ladder and BB where attacking player is more or less buffed constantly.] Recently, "random" PvP attack have come more an frequent as there are Daily Quests with PvP. Back in those old days, player wearing proper gear could actually win against attacker, when attacker was either careless or some enchantment kicked in. Nowadays, there are so many buffs that guarantee that attacker wins against un-buffed target. ( no one hunts with no buffs why would some one pvp with no buffs and same aspect for gear - i feel like that comment is irrelevant )

How about if we would give defender a fighting chance? Here is my suggestion:
When player gets attacked in normal PvP, result is not decided at the moment of attack . Instead, it goes to sort of indecisive state, where it wait until 24h (or should it be 48h?) is passed, or defender has surrendered (no chance to bounty, gold and xp loss cut to ..umm... lets say half, I don't know what would be good cut [also, look disclaimer]) or fights back. On moment of attack, amount of xp and gold target has in hand is recorded. Defender gets notification (in log?) that attack was made, it could be something like "Player attacked against you: xxx attack and yyy damage detected with zz buffs active, defend yourself! (or press surrender to end combat to your loss)." One hour cooldown is applied between attacker and defender. ( like an open arena where you wait for an online player to join and you go attack for attack - live battle?  we have that its the pvp ladder )

If target decides to defend, target may change gear at will, also get buffed any amount of buffs(including potion buffs). Buff amount and attack/damage stat is there as I want target to see how how aggressive attack there is. I think showing attack and damage is good, thus giving target a fighting chance (adjust gear according attack and damage values, and calculate what effect buffs may have on them). But showing buff amount is still bit unclear to me, it seems like an good idea to me, but will it give too much advantage to defender? On attack and damage stat, I think only realistic approach is to so base attack and damage, as there are so many of those RNG buffs. What you think so far? ( again we have this, the pvp ladder players can choose to pot in or out )

Now it gets tricky: how to determine gold loss? My suggestion is to have sort of pool for gold an xp. So every time attacker attacks some target, total gold amount in targets hand is recorded, and then apply gold stealing buffs and enchantments. The amount of stolen (and lost) is locked from target (so it cannot be used, sent or deposit) and locked amount is shown in status (so other possible attackers know that they can only access part of total amount of gold of target). What happens next? I have come up following possibilities: ( this has already been reduced many times over. chances of MT are less than they ever were )  if you look through AH at all the items being sold for gold u will see players have gotten around using pvp protection by buying items from friends/founders at crazy prices to protect their gold, when deposits are not enough. you can send to a player who has gold protection also ( if you dont want to get gold protection for your self )
1) attacker has attacked only one target, target looses on defend: attacker gets 100% of that gold pooled when attack was initialized, gold steal buffs are applied as they are, and some gold is lost. Target thus looses all locked gold. One hour cooldown is applied between attacker and defender. ( one target.... confused)
2) attacker has attacked only one target, target surrenders: half of pooled is subject of PvP gold steal, so some of it will get lost and some stolen. Target keeps the other half of gold. One hour cooldown is applied between attacker and defender.
(again confused)
3) attacker looses (or battle is unresolved): defender keeps all the gold, attacker's gold stealing buffs "backfire" eg are applied as defender had those casted, then gold and xp loss are calculated in same manner as it is calculated currently. One hour cooldown is applied between attacker and defender.(unresolved is unresolved both walk away with nothing - thus unresolved. except the attacker still looses stam spent - i see no flaw in this)
4) set time has passed (24h or 48h), attacker wins same way as in 1) ( pvp ladder)
Those are pretty straight forward... But if attacker has attacked multiple targets, for ease of maths lets say 4 targets, and have pooled (locked) gold: 1st target 3M, 2nd target 800k and 3rd and 4th target both 100k, so total of 4M. So, following could happen:
5) attacker wins against target #2, target looses locked multiplied with percentage targets locked gold present on total pooled (locked) gold, so 800k x (800k/4M), which is 160k. One hour cooldown is applied between attacker and defender.
6) 1st target surrenders, attacker thus gains 0.5 x 3M = 1.5M. Or should it be 1125k? 4M x 0.5 x  (3M / 4M). One hour cooldown is applied between attacker and defender.
7) attacker looses (or battle is unresolved) against targets #3 and #4, same as 3)
8) set time has passed (24h or 48h), attacker wins same way as in 5)
( sounds like u want to implement a new pvp ladder system )  i dont see how this will work with open pvp i under stand your basic idea - but for open pvp (free/wild) u should rethink this a little more

Any improvements and other constructive feedback would be nice, as I am just asking how defender could have chance to defend without being buffed all the time. 

- donalde -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: