#1 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 23:04

Hi!

The player you knew as avvakum has passed away last month due to stomach cancer. I am his wife and I've been given instructions to inform the gaming communities.

He left FS some time ago, but brought 6 -7 year experience of online gaming to some other game and been successful. His name in other game was EDURACE and his death touched many. You can read about moving from his clan to The Wicked Players clan few weeks before his death here: https://thedailyboun.../r-i-p-edurace/ . You can see a video of his clanmates paying tribute to him (below). Also, a gaming company wants to pay a proper tribute to him by adding a grave or a commemorative plague in his name on one of the game's map. For some reasons, he wanted to stay in TWP few weeks before his death.

#2 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 March 2017 - 23:34

OH NO???????????!!!! Total sadness to hear this :( My prayers with you, his wife. :(

#3 leefylee

leefylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 March 2017 - 00:17

never knew him. but my thoughts are with you at this sad time

#4 YaMothaa

YaMothaa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 March 2017 - 00:17

I am sorry to hear. My condolences.

#5 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 00:23

He said to inform Max, can anyone help me with that please?

#6 TxLxS

TxLxS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 00:29

Sorry for your loss. And I think he might have been referring to "MaxDamage" he's on his Allie list :)

#7 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 00:31

Sorry for your loss. And I think he might have been referring to "MaxDamage" he's on his Allie list :)

How to inform MaxDamage about that?

#8 lapdragon

lapdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 00:55

so sorry for your loss, and thank you for letting us all know...our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family...xooxxo

#9 NIBIRU

NIBIRU

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 00:56

Max come in on Weekends he might come tomorrow. I'll let him know if I see his light on

#10 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 01:39

Assuming this is true, avvakum, you have my sincere condolences and I really thank and respect you for completing his wishes in your time of sorrow. 

I wish you strength to move forward. )o0

As far as what will follow in this forum response, please just skip it.

If, however, you insist on reading it; please keep in mind that you have my condolences and I am trying to protect a game that your husband felt strong enough about to want to say goodbye. Please, please, do not take it personally or as any kind of attack whatsoever. It's not directed at you, but there are such vile people out there...

To FS: 

It seems strange and disrespectful to say that "hopefully" this is true. But I just don't know what other word to use....

Please remember in a situation like this that there actually are some really sick people out there.

I am not at all saying that's the case here, but I do hope players will be careful.

If an account is hacked with truly evil intent, how do we know? Please just be aware.

A long time ago, I remember when a player got their account cancelled because of a false report of death. As I remember it, that led HCS to spruce up their policy on how one could be admitted to Angels Keep

In any case, I suspect that avvakum's account will soon be banned, independently of whether this is true or not.

In that light, it's likely that any pm you send may not reach the person.

If you happen to have MaxD's non-FS personal contact info, please do NOT send it. Instead, offer to pass along info sent to you. Request a contact option and say you'll pass it along.

I really hope this doesn't appear "insulting". I'm ok if you think it's "paranoid". 

None of these suggestions mean that avvakum has not really passed away. However, even if that is the case... remember that not everybody out there is... well, good. 

May he rest in peace.

#11 maxdamage

maxdamage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:30

Wow,  Crushing.   Truly a sad day.  Avva was a unique and intriguing individual.  He had a take on the world that I respected.  He didn't see the world as he wanted it to be, he saw it as it was.  I could always get a thoughtful answer from him in relation to any question either game related or life related.  He was intelligent and passionate and fully realized that how you are in game is how you are in life and refused to compromise in either.  He disagreed with me............ often.  But I always considered him a comrade.  Loyal and deserving, he has made an impact on many of us.  My thoughts go to him and his family.  I can appreciate how trying a time this must be.  I am better for having known him.  For that I will always be grateful.

With prayers of peace,

Max

#12 KitiaraLi

KitiaraLi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 04 March 2017 - 06:10

Wow,  Crushing.   Truly a sad day.  Avva was a unique and intriguing individual.  He had a take on the world that I respected.  He didn't see the world as he wanted it to be, he saw it as it was.  I could always get a thoughtful answer from him in relation to any question either game related or life related.  He was intelligent and passionate and fully realized that how you are in game is how you are in life and refused to compromise in either.  He disagreed with me............ often.  But I always considered him a comrade.  Loyal and deserving, he has made an impact on many of us.  My thoughts go to him and his family.  I can appreciate how trying a time this must be.  I am better for having known him.  For that I will always be grateful.

With prayers of peace,

Max

Beautiful words, max :wub:

RIP avvakum. You shall be missed.

No one can deny that we changed this game and influenced it in such a way that NO ONE could compete with us.. so much so that they changed the rules. ~Abhorrence, chosen founder of Cerulean Sins

#13 LadyJ

LadyJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 11:35

Although I personally never knew Avvakum, it is always sad to hear of a fellow community member's passing, you have my condolences in this dark period, may he rest in peace

#14 wazzimoto

wazzimoto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 04 March 2017 - 20:49

Condolences!  :(

aUcTiOnS  ---->   Check out my current auctions here!

WazziSig1_zps86dd99f5.png

#15 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 23:07

While I did not know avvakum personally I had seen the name around in different areas of the game. It is a sad thing to have a member of the gaming community pass on and my thoughts and prayers are with those of his loved ones.

#16 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 17:20

Oh wow.... I am sooooo sorry for your loss, and I hope he passed painlessly and in peace. I agree with Max. 

I don't know what else to say at the moment, but my heart goes out to you.

Please consider getting him added to Angel's Keep, so we may pay our respects there at times <3

Edited by Mzzery, 05 March 2017 - 17:21.

og3DxyP.gif

#17 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 05 March 2017 - 21:16

Sorry for your loss.

#18 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:18

So sorry to hear this! The few times I spoke to avvakum, he always seemed like a top bloke. You have my condolences. :(

~ Grim

#19 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 06 March 2017 - 14:16

I'll miss avvakum.   he was one of my oldest fs friends.  You are in my prayers.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#20 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 15:18

I'm saddened by this news. We shared a FS birthday. His spirited and bright contributions to the game will be missed.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: