Photo

Relic Lead Defender

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Poll: Lead Defender Mechanics (30 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the guild beable to elect Lead Defenders (Ignoring highest level mechanic)

1. Yes (13 votes [43.33%])

Percentage of vote: 43.33%

2. No (17 votes [56.67%])

Percentage of vote: 56.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 18:32

Please see the attached poll, i think it would be much more interesting to beable to elect a leader on a relic. If there is no elected leader it will default to highest level.

Please post why you voted below.

#2 Artzik

Artzik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 19:06

More ticks on positive side

#3 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 19:11

More ticks on positive side

whatever that means, although i'm interested in other's opinions that voted aswell. 

I see no con's about giving guilds more control to employ strategy. 

Edited by EpicPiety, 24 February 2021 - 19:11.

#4 Corrupted

Corrupted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Dominican Republic

Posted 24 February 2021 - 19:27

I have voted no.

I don't see how assigning a lead would be more "interesting" - I do see how it can be more convenient, though. I feel like this is a very easy problem to address if you can coordinate a Relic(s) lead defender with your guild.

I also feel like this is an isolated problem. The only time I could see this being a real issue is when there's a lot of players in the same range, and the only "range" that is crowded in game at the moment is the EOC Tier. There is only a handful of guilds where that could be a problem in the game.

Adding this type of mechanic would be a very direct boost Relic Defending and Control to those guilds packed with EOC, while making it increasingly harder for those who are not as resource (players or levels) to take them.

#5 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 19:35

I voted no.

Short answers: have the lead defender wear the best gear possible to defend in. Or, shuffle people around until you have the desired lead defender sitting on the relic.

#6 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 24 February 2021 - 19:41

If a guild wants to use a level 2000 to defend a relic, don't sit any higher levels there. Easy peasy. If its someone say.... 4600 they want as lead, then don't sit anyone above that level there.

It's a choice to either defend better, with pots, buffs etc. Or don't defend, and simply retake on the hour.

If it's about defending better, I'm open to a change to the bonus stats for relics. But that's another thread to be made. I voted no.

Cheers

~Maeh

#7 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 24 February 2021 - 20:23

same answers as above - easy to self-regulate

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#8 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 24 February 2021 - 20:43

to me this is something that dont matter either way, where is the dont care option, as SS says its convenient, as Maeh and Tilley said shuffle the peeps, i think this is too serious for how insignificant a topic this is.

#9 Toreth

Toreth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 24 February 2021 - 20:43

While generally I prefer to be the "counter-argument" type of person, I'll bite first here. I voted "no," and while those before me have listed a few reasons, I'll either reiterate or put my own perspective here instead.

If you want to "hold" a relic as it currently is, you have to work as a guild to do so, and I think with your proposal, that wouldn't change. What would change, though, is a simple move of who the "lead defender" is based on either an "elected" or "appointed" position, but then I would have to ask why that would be necessary. As it stands, the highest level player is the "lead defender," and rightfully so, in my opinion. In what way could the highest level player being the "lead defender" be a negative outside of them wearing Epics all hours of the day? Your highest level player has access to ALL of the gear available to them not to mention the best possible stats given access to their potential Level Up Points which would then be inflated by the buffs and potions that affect them.

From my perspective (and only mine), this seems like a guild-only "strife" and not something that affects the game as a whole as most everyone else seems to have coped or figured a "work-around."

There are a couple of "fixes," for the lead defender, though, and both are rather easy, again, in my opinion:

• Have the Highest Level Player Wear Appropriate Defending Gear Instead of Epics
    • This seems like the easiest solution as it only requires a simple change of gear, not to mention it maximizes your potential as a guild for defending the relic
  • Have the Higher Level Players Who Wear Epics Move
    • Again, a fairly simple fix, and while it may decrease the defending stats marginally, if you want to defend effectively, higher level players can move over to different relics.

I haven't put much thought into potential other "fixes," but these two were off the top of my head. The "strategy" and "interest" are moot here as holding multiple relics already has the defending guild suffer stat penalties as it is. There isn't really "strategy" involved if you can just run "Reign of Terror" with some of the potions and swing into a guild holding 4-6 relics. It's ALMOST an "easy-button."

Edited by Toreth, 24 February 2021 - 20:45.

#10 missshiv

missshiv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 20:45

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the choice of offline gear a strategy in itself?  

It's a no from me.

Edited by missshiv, 24 February 2021 - 20:45.

#11 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 21:49

Voted YES without thinking just because most of votes are NO  lol

"Sail against the wind" :D

#12 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 24 February 2021 - 22:00

I voted no mainly because I fail to understand what difference this could make....  It makes sense for the lead defender to be the highest level merely because they are most likely to be the strongest....  I might be persuaded to change my position if some kind of understandable reasoning for this was offered.  

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#13 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 22:12

I voted no.  In addition to what others have already stated, holding multiple relics reduces your stats anyway.  On top of that, when someone can pop a Dark Curse that reduces your Defense by 92%, they could pretty much capture your relic in stam gear even if you are geared and buffed.  Choosing a lead defender is the least of all game mechanic issues as far as I'm concerned.

Screenshot everything!

#14 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 02:07

I have voted no.

I don't see how assigning a lead would be more "interesting" - I do see how it can be more convenient, though. I feel like this is a very easy problem to address if you can coordinate a Relic(s) lead defender with your guild.

I also feel like this is an isolated problem. The only time I could see this being a real issue is when there's a lot of players in the same range, and the only "range" that is crowded in game at the moment is the EOC Tier. There is only a handful of guilds where that could be a problem in the game.

Adding this type of mechanic would be a very direct boost Relic Defending and Control to those guilds packed with EOC, while making it increasingly harder for those who are not as resource (players or levels) to take them.

There are far more benefits to relic offense than relic defense so I don't get your point but respect your opinion. 

#15 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 02:12

If a guild wants to use a level 2000 to defend a relic, don't sit any higher levels there. Easy peasy. If its someone say.... 4600 they want as lead, then don't sit anyone above that level there.

It's a choice to either defend better, with pots, buffs etc. Or don't defend, and simply retake on the hour.

If it's about defending better, I'm open to a change to the bonus stats for relics. But that's another thread to be made. I voted no.

Cheers

~Maeh

Highlighted a very good point you made and currently the overall  best solution is to take it back hourly. So i fail to see a reason why guilds shouldn't have tools to defend. This is a multicultural game sometimes it could take multiple multiple hours to communicate a point.

#16 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 02:15

There isn't really "strategy" involved if you can just run "Reign of Terror" with some of the potions and swing into a guild holding 4-6 relics. It's ALMOST an "easy-button."

I have to respectfully disagree on this point. I can agree that ROT is ridiculous but there is a level of strategy that can be employed on relics if you are willing to drain the coffers defending.

#17 Prop

Prop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 08:05

Please see the attached poll, i think it would be much more interesting to beable to elect a leader on a relic. If there is no elected leader it will default to highest level.

Please post why you voted below.

I voted yes for the comedy value.

Verb: Beable, to make a noise like a swan.

Edited by Prop, 25 February 2021 - 08:09.

#18 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 23:38

Voted 'no' coz it won't solve the problem, it can be one of the suggestions to go into a list of how to rework the whole Relic system, another sugestion could be to completelly remove the 'lead defender' system, create a RoT buff for defending a Relic to counterbalance RoT itself, tweak the percentages of the stats, a way for everyone in the guild to see who is the lead defender on each relic, etc...More thought should go into it...And also, the Defender of the Realm medal should count by hours sitting over a Relic controlled by your guild, instead of fake relic defenses (since we are in the subject).

Edited by yghorbeviahn, 26 February 2021 - 04:08.

#19 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 19:26

Voted 'no' coz it won't solve the problem, it can be one of the suggestions to go into a list of how to rework the whole Relic system, another sugestion could be to completelly remove the 'lead defender' system, create a RoT buff for defending a Relic to counterbalance RoT itself, tweak the percentages of the stats, a way for everyone in the guild to see who is the lead defender on each relic, etc...More thought should go into it...And also, the Defender of the Realm medal should count by hours sitting over a Relic controlled by your guild, instead of fake relic defenses (since we are in the subject).

Was meant to more so be a QOL change rather than a fix for relics. Although the referenced changes to relics i have talked about before and can get behind. There has been a ton of buffs to relic offenses compared to buffs to defenses.

I voted yes for the comedy value.

Verb: Beable, to make a noise like a swan.

Peak comedy

Edited by EpicPiety, 26 February 2021 - 19:26.

#20 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 16:59

there many strategy to relic war and some guilds over years becoming very good

I not knowing if change you saying good or bad (I not voting) until now but if it increasing gaming activity then it good

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: