#1 sdcrichy

sdcrichy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 March 2014 - 19:41

for some reason mostly on the citidal map you can fire through walls. very bad if you are trying to get away and people just use throwing weapon to kill you round a corner

#2 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 March 2014 - 20:18

for some reason mostly on the citidal map 

Think you mean the pit. But yeah this issue has been here since the beginning, once a ranged attack is being cast it will go through walls.

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#3 XxKiritoxX

XxKiritoxX

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:24

Ive noticed this before, it doesn't happen EVERY time but yeah it makes things way too easy for rangers like myself.I never seem to do it myself, as much as I see other people getting me with it, only way I hurt people after they run around corners is with hemorrhage,envenom, etc. For the most part

#4 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:03

Ive noticed this before, it doesn't happen EVERY time but yeah it makes things way too easy for rangers like myself.I never seem to do it myself, as much as I see other people getting me with it, only way I hurt people after they run around corners is with hemorrhage,envenom, etc. For the most part

It applies more to the mage since mages have many channel spells. 

I've noticed a bug on boiling blood, if you snare during the final second of the cast it will still apply itself to the target, meaning you can't time attacks to negate it at the last second (which is wrong).

Incinerate is a big killer for mages, that thing kills more classes through walls than anything. Theres been many times when I've retreated to safety to have 2 or 3 fireballs fly into me through 2 or 3 blocks of walls.

a5kwtf.png

#5 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:08

It applies more to the mage since mages have many channel spells. 

I've noticed a bug on boiling blood, if you snare during the final second of the cast it will still apply itself to the target, meaning you can't time attacks to negate it at the last second (which is wrong).

Incinerate is a big killer for mages, that thing kills more classes through walls than anything. Theres been many times when I've retreated to safety to have 2 or 3 fireballs fly into me through 2 or 3 blocks of walls.

don't forget jolt in this listing ;) if you cast an attack while they are in your range,no matter what it should still be applied even if you retreat,not that persons fault for timing and setting their rotations up to let off too many attacks for you to see ahead of time :) DPDPS

Edited by HuMoR, 11 March 2014 - 12:23.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#6 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:28

"It applies more to the mage since mages have many channel spells. 

Incinerate is a big killer for mages, that thing kills more classes through walls than anything. Theres been many times when I've retreated to safety to have 2 or 3 fireballs fly into me through 2 or 3 blocks of walls."

don't forget jolt in this listing ;) if you cast an attack while they are in your range,no matter what it should still be applied even if you retreat,not that persons fault for timing and setting their rotations up to let off too many attacks for you to see ahead of time :) DPDPS

I didn't say it doesn't effect other classes but this applies more to mages because mages have more ranged channels. It effects all ranged attacks and channels, the only thing it doesn't effect or takes good timing is instant casts (I'm not talking the description of abilities because most are labeled instant cast when infact they are 1-2 sec channels).

Abilities like ignite (where it deal damage the moment you hit the ability).

And you're wrong, we're not talking about running away and loosing possible range but the ability still connecting once cast, we're talking about an ability channeling through a wall even before it's cast because a player was in sight and then moved out of sight, it should end the spell if a target moves out of line of sight.

a5kwtf.png

#7 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:32

If you're in their range and in their sight when they cast a attack,it should still connect. Period. or else you would just sit there and attack move around a corner attack move around a corner....=lame. you always want more challenge neon,let this be your challenge learn to kill fast enough so you don't have to retreat around corners. You want something to absorb your damage or stop it from happening,then I guess you might want to switch to a templar and use a shield,might get you further. You are saying basically mages have most channel time things right? ok so lets say this gets "fixed" you then penalize all mages because they have more(most) channel time attacks,so if they ever want to use them you can just avoid it by moving behind a tree or around a corner real quick then coming back around...ummm no thank you. DPDPS

Edited by HuMoR, 11 March 2014 - 12:40.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#8 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 March 2014 - 14:27

Yes there should be some leeway, I'm (& I assume OP) is not saying to nerf this to the point where a channel is canceled when you are hidden out of range. What needs to be changed is a cast should not connect with a target if it's in it's channel animation when the opponent is visibly out of an attacking area.

Have you done pvp in drateols pit (let alone all together)? It's possible for a mage to cast incienrate when an opponent retreats behind 2 blocks of terrain (walls). It's also possible for abilities such as Jolt & envenom.

Also I'm not making this a personal bug complaint, I have no problem in nuking any class that challenges me in the pvp arena and can counter anyone who tries to take me on without support. This (like all of my bug reports/posts regarding them) is for the better of the game & balance.

DPDPS? Not sure what that signoff means.

Edited by Neon, 11 March 2014 - 14:30.

a5kwtf.png

#9 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 March 2014 - 14:41

there would have to be a lot of leeway,as literally every attack is a 3+ second cast/channel time before even having a animation aside from maybe ignite,boiling blood. obviously a wall should stop effects from lets say AOE like maybe dragons breath or blizzard that would be overpowered having effects through a wall. but when channeling you are left vulnerable to attacks by others,so sacrificing that global time+the actual time should have a effect. but pin pointing when a animation shouldn't continue or a atack to hit or stopping a channel time due to them leaving range or sight for that matter would just kill off a lot more damage. people would literally sit on corners and just attack a mage from there and run back around it,sure a mage could attempt to move closer to the corner or at a angle where they can see both side of it,but doing that would take away from actual combat time and also increasing more chances to die. So if this were a vote,i'd vote to leave as is. a "fix" for this would more or less create problems for any range based channel time classes mostly effecting/nerfing range and mage in pvp more then it has already. Also In response to your question,yes i've pvp'ed there :) many times.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#10 XxKiritoxX

XxKiritoxX

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 11 March 2014 - 16:59

The incinerate...its the worst for me.happens every pvp match.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: