39 replies to this topic

#1 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 23:49

Was talking about a few things and the subject came up,, there seems to be a huge gap without increase in pvp band range for the high levels and also the GvG range only goes to 700 and up leaving a large gap of players between the 1k and 3k with severe limitations to their playing these areas. Could it maybe be looked into and maybe updated to the EoC now?

#2 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:38

And when do you plan on reaching these Levels?

#3 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:57

I'm not quite sure what you mean but i'm open to pvp/gvg band changes

#4 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:48

And when do you plan on reaching these Levels?

Someday,,,

Its not always about me. I just noticed its not been updated at least GvG is still at 700 and up. I hear a lot about how players in the high levels cant do pvp quests because theres nobody in their band range and etc. 

And I mean perhaps look at the current ranges such as GvG and perhaps extend them a couple levels. Same with PvP range. It goes in increments that (at the time in GvG case) were good for the current player base but now it is much more spread out.

Edited by watagashi, 19 October 2017 - 03:51.

#5 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 19 October 2017 - 04:22

I believe this has been discussed a lot. Now I'm old, but I seem to remember the final call was not now, but maybe some day, it will be considered by the cows....   So if anything, ATA.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#6 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 05:11

It only makes sense to widen if the game is getting smaller.

#7 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 05:41

I don't disagree EP.  When 200+ was changed to +/- 10, and the GvG scales were modified, EoC was roughly 1k, and average online population about the same.  This was long ago.. It is time to revisit it.   Normal PvP ranges should be comparative to ladder bands imho, but I don't make policy.... 

This should probably be addressed before the app goes public, as on most games that I play there are no bands or ranges at all, and no one is safe on specific maps....  Most new app users will be accustomed to PvP on those terms, so they might be averse to such strict parameters.  Then, some might like what we have. It's hard to tell.  Attitudes about PvP are much different on FS than anywhere else, so who knows. Regardless, I don't see even discussion past maybe until ATA.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#8 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 05:46

People joining the app will like pvp i think. Younger people generally like pvp.

#9 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:38

I don't disagree EP.  When 200+ was changed to +/- 10, and the GvG scales were modified, EoC was roughly 1k, and average online population about the same.  This was long ago.. It is time to revisit it.   Normal PvP ranges should be comparative to ladder bands imho, but I don't make policy.... 

This should probably be addressed before the app goes public, as on most games that I play there are no bands or ranges at all, and no one is safe on specific maps....  Most new app users will be accustomed to PvP on those terms, so they might be averse to such strict parameters.  Then, some might like what we have. It's hard to tell.  Attitudes about PvP are much different on FS than anywhere else, so who knows. Regardless, I don't see even discussion past maybe until ATA.

could not have said it better lets hope they look at it before the "APP"gets out

5aZzW0p.png,

#10 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 09:57

Yup yup... even if the game pop held steady from then till now it would still be somewhat of a problem seeing that the level range is what 5-7x more than it was years ago only makes sense to widen it by the same amount no? It's time we desensitize the stigma around pvp anyways. Been alot of pampering.

Edited by EpicPiety, 19 October 2017 - 09:59.

#11 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:24

Been alot of pampering.

Sorry but not only is that guff, it's bait. Please don't.

~ Grim

#12 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 16:00

People joining the app will like pvp i think. Younger people generally like pvp.

Younger people also have the attention span of my hyperactive dog. Squirrel! Squirrel!
How many young people you know stick with a pvp game for the long haul? Unless they can become OP and rule the game, they won’t stick around. They also love the eye candy and top notch graphics which we don’t have so good luck with that.

By now, we know our demographic and who sticks around. The strength is the social aspect and that some how needs to be leveraged.

#13 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 19:55

Sorry but not only is that guff, it's bait. Please don't.

~ Grim

Not necessarily by any individual but game mechanics. IE The issue of the thread in general. Widening level gap etc. Many aren't used to being hit and when they are it's the end of the world.

#14 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 20:02

Younger people also have the attention span of my hyperactive dog. Squirrel! Squirrel!
How many young people you know stick with a pvp game for the long haul? Unless they can become OP and rule the game, they won’t stick around. They also love the eye candy and top notch graphics which we don’t have so good luck with that.

By now, we know our demographic and who sticks around. The strength is the social aspect and that some how needs to be leveraged.

Guess we will see. Not that i disagree but it's all about how things are handled when the app is released. If they don't reset everyone's levels it seems the app will just be for existing players. I probably would quit if i started today. How many others would? 

#15 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 20:19

Guess we will see. Not that i disagree but it's all about how things are handled when the app is released. If they don't reset everyone's levels it seems the app will just be for existing players. I probably would quit if i started today. How many others would? 

The app will not reset our levels, but new players will have the option to try the game from their app store rather than just finding it in a browser...  There quite a few low graphics games in the app store now, maybe 5-6 browser games in the same category.  New players will be just that, new players, and as always, 1 in 10 will stick around.... but the added exposure in 3 app stores will widen the potential new players pool. 

Now, let's stay on topic please

Edited by BadPenny, 19 October 2017 - 20:19.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#16 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 20:25

The app will not reset our levels, but new players will have the option to try the game from their app store rather than just finding it in a browser...  There quite a few low graphics games in the app store now, maybe 5-6 browser games in the same category.  New players will be just that, new players, and as always, 1 in 10 will stick around.... but the added exposure in 3 app stores will widen the potential new players pool. 

Now, let's stay on topic please

I'd say 1 in 1000  but let's get the pvp issue solved i don't see any compelling reasons why not to widen other than i don't want to be attacked. But thankfully pvp protection is fairly cheap.

#17 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 20:40

There are roughly 15 active players in my range,  me, a guildmate, and 13 others.....    I'm solidly mid-level.....  If we're going to have PvP DQs, the ranges need to be expanded, at least for 2000+..  This also holds true for GvG. If or when this may happen, I just can't know, I only know it's long overdue and important to the health of the game, app or no app.

Hoofie, are you listening, kiddo?

Edited by BadPenny, 19 October 2017 - 20:41.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#18 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 20:40

There are roughly 15 active players in my range,  me, a guildmate, and 13 others.....    I'm solidly mid-level.....  If we're going to have PvP DQs, the ranges need to be expanded, at least for 2000+.    If or when this may happen, I just can't know, I only know it's long overdue and important to the health of the game, app or no app.

Hoofie, are you listening, kiddo?

Imagine having the daily quest for active targets OH MY GOD.

#19 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 20:49

Imagine having the daily quest for active targets OH MY GOD.

Up on your mountain, you have no choice but to make multiple hourly hits, which is frowned upon by many, and taken as personal by more than a few.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#20 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 21:19

May of 2014 GvG was next planned venue to undergo revamping according to roadmap provided by developers to show intent.  I'm guessing the road map was closed just prior to getting to it as nothing has changed, and no promising plans to improve the venue have been presented that are agreeable by community members and developers alike.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: