• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 ironlegs

ironlegs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 00:16

Got this notice while trying to login with FireFox  > www.fallensword.com uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate expired on Wednesday, August 15, 2018, 7:59:59 PM. The current time is August 15, 2018, 8:04 PM. Error code: SEC_ERROR_EXPIRED_CERTIFICATE  <<  Itried a few times but same notice  << is someone asleep at the switch again ?? I had to log in with Opera to post this in forum Please fix this asap ... Thank You for your help ... 

#2 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 August 2018 - 00:18

yeah, down for me too iron, my security is saying site might be malicious.

#3 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 00:34

NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID

someone try logging on using the app, see if that works

n239bde.gif

Edited by duktayp, 16 August 2018 - 00:44.

#4 DirtyChick

DirtyChick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 00:40

InvalidCertificateWarning.JPG

In the UK and this Warning is presenting itself frequently!  :unsure:

Clicking on 'Show Certificate' produces confirmation that it has expired.

Expired16082018.JPG

Edited by DirtyChick, 16 August 2018 - 00:47.

#5 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 August 2018 - 00:40

Ditto in Australia ..

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#6 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 August 2018 - 00:47

im not taking any chances, i still remember the DDOS attacks!

#7 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 00:56

im not taking any chances, i still remember the DDOS attacks!

Agreed. Why risk it?

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#8 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 August 2018 - 01:01

Agreed. Why risk it?

also, makes the mind wonder what others can do while the site MAY be UNSECURE, could be 50 members with knowledge on harmful activities.

#9 WandKing

WandKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 16 August 2018 - 01:15

I had to log in with password to at least post here...I deleted cookies and then hard reset my modem as I thought it was on my side.  I'm guessing the cows forgot to pay the light bill

#10 WandKing

WandKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 01:18

My sigma storm account opens but still get warning trying to open FS

#11 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 01:22

ya the other games are working fine

#12 feralscratch

feralscratch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 01:28

yeah shame the game is down, trying to watch my pots..

#13 mumble

mumble

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 02:37

Yall could have still logged on, all you have to do is click "show certificate" "details" etc. Just because the certificate is expired doesnt mean the game is "defenseless" it literally just means your browser wont recognize the security of the site. Please stop exaggerating 

TtEOkGO.png

“You say you love rain, but you use an umbrella to walk under it. You say you love sun, but you seek shelter when it is shining. You say you love wind, but when it comes you close your windows. So that's why I'm scared when you say you love me.”

― Bob Marley

#14 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 August 2018 - 02:57

Yall could have still logged on, all you have to do is click "show certificate" "details" etc. Just because the certificate is expired doesnt mean the game is "defenseless" it literally just means your browser wont recognize the security of the site. Please stop exaggerating 

if it were that simple our securities wouldnt be worried if just hcs cant protect themselves :-)

edit: atm im pretty sure people can steal pw's, emails and card details.

edit: more like the browser wont recognize zero security.

edit: please stop trying lull people into a false sense of "security" :P

Edited by Undjuvion, 16 August 2018 - 03:05.

#15 mumble

mumble

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 03:27

"Security certificates are therefore part of HTTPS for two purposes: to validate that the user is actually connected to the site that they think they are connected with and establish a way to encrypt the communications between the user and the website. The current standard for website security certificates is SSL certificates."

Information VIA https://www.techoped...ity-certificate

TtEOkGO.png

“You say you love rain, but you use an umbrella to walk under it. You say you love sun, but you seek shelter when it is shining. You say you love wind, but when it comes you close your windows. So that's why I'm scared when you say you love me.”

― Bob Marley

#16 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 August 2018 - 03:31

"Security certificates are therefore part of HTTPS for two purposes: to validate that the user is actually connected to the site that they think they are connected with and establish a way to encrypt the communications between the user and the website. The current standard for website security certificates is SSL certificates."

Information VIA https://www.techoped...ity-certificate

yep, so its not encrpyted from would be assailants atm, im not even remotely convinced its safe now :-)

#17 mumble

mumble

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 03:42

communists-everywhere-its-the-red-scare.

No one is safe, nothing is safe

But in reality, all the security certification is giving website users the peace of mind knowing that when they go to "fallensword.com" that they are really visiting "fallensword.com" rather than having HCS take you to a toxic website. While the security certification is down, the only people that can screw you over is HCS themselves. We all know the cows have never done us wrong  :P

Edited by mumble, 16 August 2018 - 03:50.

TtEOkGO.png

― Bob Marley

#18 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 August 2018 - 04:24

communists-everywhere-its-the-red-scare.

No one is safe, nothing is safe

But in reality, all the security certification is giving website users the peace of mind knowing that when they go to "fallensword.com" that they are really visiting "fallensword.com" rather than having HCS take you to a toxic website. While the security certification is down, the only people that can screw you over is HCS themselves. We all know the cows have never done us wrong  :P

Agreed. Why risk it?

pretty sure we are only in reality unless u have magical means, all it does, ALL, lol.

#19 WandKing

WandKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 05:47

After I logged on to my account (yes I clicked on the cert) I went directly to SS which opened up fine...tried FS and got the warning. I forgot that many moons ago HCS made a special security for us players...we log into our account first and then go to what ever game we play :)

#20 WandKing

WandKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 05:49

Unless your cookies are set otherwise

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana