Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 13 February 2012 - 14:29

Hi all,

We are planning to discontinue the 'old UI' on Wednesday.

Please note that this does not mean that you will need to use the new map, only the new UI.

Don't like the look of the new UI? You can choose the 'Classic Theme' in your preferences when using the new UI to make the game look very similar to the old UI.

If you know of any outstanding issues with the new UI (excluding any issues with the new map), please let us know on the feedback thread so we can address them before the switch over on Wednesday.

Why are we switching to the new UI?

Once we switch to the new UI, we'll be able to focus on further improvements to the UI to make it faster and friendlier to use.

As well as this, it will allow us to focus more time on game code updates as we will no longer need to maintain two versions of the game UI.

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 Bizz

Bizz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 14:33

Well, imho, it was about time...

It's useless knowledge if not shared.

#3 Jonah Tebaa

Jonah Tebaa

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Lebanon

Well, we still need some updates for the new UI such as the top bar links (to profile, character upgrades, bank...)

#4 jzarashi

jzarashi

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

How does this affect mobile users? I login from my iphone a lot and the flash component of the game causes it to lag ( i'm pertaining to the popup window when replying)

What's the plan of producing an iphone app for Fallensword? Doesn't need to be a full blown app where one is able to hunt, just chat, reply to messages and play on the auction house.

#5 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 February 2012 - 14:34

I have a big problem with the new UI. The text is very hard to read. The spacing between links (on the left hand side bar) and between logs is very long or very short.

I think that should be addressed BEFORE the discontinuation of the old UI.

Also, there is a player base that has never tried the new UI before. More notice should have been given, but its your game in the end.

#6 Bizz

Bizz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 14:35

... flash component of the game causes it to lag ( i'm pertaining to the popup window when replying)

It's not flash, it's jQuery (JavaScript)

It's useless knowledge if not shared.

#7 Jonah Tebaa

Jonah Tebaa

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Lebanon

Posted 13 February 2012 - 14:42

What's the plan of producing an iphone app for Fallensword? Doesn't need to be a full blown app where one is able to hunt, just chat, reply to messages and play on the auction house.

+1

maybe also make it send push notifications for new logs or guild logs etc...

I am willing to buy it and I am sure many others will.

#8 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 13 February 2012 - 14:43

When is the new map becoming mandatory?

Does this mean that coding ( pvp, arena, gvg) has to wait until the UI/new map is mandatory? And if so, when will this happen?

And lastly,any chance some of the 1400 buffs that aren't working can be fixed by wednesday? ;)

#9 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 13 February 2012 - 14:44

I have a big problem with the new UI. The text is very hard to read. The spacing between links (on the left hand side bar) and between logs is very long or very short.

Which theme are you using?

#10 paingwin

paingwin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 14:45

I think that should be addressed BEFORE the discontinuation of the old UI.

Also, there is a player base that has never tried the new UI before. More notice should have been given, but its your game in the end.

Ummmmm I'm pretty sure that they made an announcement about 2 month's ago that eventually they were going to be going to the new UI only. So, if 2 months isn't enough notice then what more do you need? As for my input on the kill switch on the old UI, I say it's about time. A lot of us have been waiting for this day to come, for the simple fact that it one step closer to it being finally finished. Which means other areas of the game can get some MUCH needed attention as promised.

#11 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 13 February 2012 - 14:45

Well, we still need some updates for the new UI such as the top bar links (to profile, character upgrades, bank...)

They should already be working - which theme are you using?

#12 Roan

Roan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 February 2012 - 14:49

They work good for me.

Firesinged_zpsd6b00c6e.png

#13 pinktink

pinktink

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 14:51

I hate the new UI. It sucks.

#14 Roan

Roan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 February 2012 - 14:53

You might wanna explain, give details, say what you don't like about it.
Honestly, at the beginning I really didn't like it. But I got used to it and now I wouldn't go back to old UI.

#15 paingwin

paingwin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 14:54

Ummm, maybe giving reasons would help out more than just the above?

#16 moonfrost

moonfrost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 14:55

Please don't discontinue the old UI, lets face it, the new one is not appealing whatsoever to some of us. I don't see the problem with keeping the old one as it has been and just updating the new one when it becomes necessary. There are other problems in the game that should be addressed first before this even comes into play.

edit:I really hope this isn't going to eventually turn into something where fs helper becomes mandatory to use or anything like that.

#17 uscx

uscx

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 14:55

Top 250 Players is showing duplicate entries. New UI, Classic Theme, Chrome

#18 Roan

Roan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 February 2012 - 14:58

Top 250 Players is showing duplicate entries. New UI, Classic Theme, Chrome

True, same problem here.
http://tinypic.com/r/20zzr6a/5

#19 fs_ralphied

fs_ralphied
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2012 - 15:00

I love the new UI. Our guild has a custom CSS theme implemented that makes the entire page unique for our members. The whole interface is just light years ahead of the old UI. As and older player who remembers the beginning of this game, I have to say that this new UI is a real accomplishment. The game has come so far since then. Cheers HCS! Oh, and +1 on an app version for mobile users!

#20 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 13 February 2012 - 15:01

Regarding a mobile app. The only problem I'd have is I might get fired for being on my phone to much lol. This is a really great idea as it is I access the website using atomic web browser because it can mimic Firefox and give me the full site. Personally I'm not a fan of the way most sites set up their mobile site I would much prefer a mobile app. I agree it would not be the best method to hunt nor pvp/gvg but it could easily be used for communication, buffing, arena, auction house and inventory management. Please please take this into consideration. It could also be a source of revenue as you could charge for it. I'd buy it as soon as you announced it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: