67 replies to this topic

#1 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 22:27

Hello, was curious why when i hit someone with a 10 stamina hit i gain 10 prestige and when I hit someone with a 100 stamina hit I gain only 10 prestige? I am taking far more risk of losing 5 levels for a 100 stamina hit so why can't my prestige be worth the stamina I use?

Or even make it this...

10 Stamina hits = 1 PvP prestige

50 Stamina hits = 10 PvP prestige

100 Stamina hits = 50 PvP prestige

Not only would this liven up the Bounty board but
It would also give PvP a bit of a spark again I believe

On a side note I'd also like to bring up the possibility of making PvP prestige rewarding something other than just increased XP for hunting .. I mean comon your PvPing to obtain hunting perks.?? Seems a bit odd to me..

( Things it could Reward also )

1. ) maybe a High level Gloat ( for stealing gold? ) ---- PvP

2. ) Possibly you could purchase more Bounty Tickets --- PvP

3. ) maybe a new potion created for strictly PvP purposes that is bound and can only be bought with PvP prestige

4. ) Or maybe if you gain enough PvP prestige you can get a Revenge button type hit that cant be bountied.??

I'm kind of on a time crunch so that's all I could think of off hand with the time I had..

Thoughts & Suggetions or Ideas would be greatly appreciated.!
Cheers.!

#2 leefylee

leefylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 November 2016 - 23:52

i agree it should be scaled to stam used.

i think it should be 10 stam = 1 prestige and 100 stam = 10 prestige..

#3 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 00:15

I would rather see this:

• for "normal" PvP (gold hits)

10 stam = ZERO Prestige (will counter "prestige trading")

100 stam = 10 Prestige

• for the PvP Lader

10 stam = ZERO Prestige (will counter "prestige trading + already PvP Prestige potion there)

100 stam = 1 Prestige

• for the Bounty Board

10 stam = 1 Prestige

100 stam = 5 Prestige

Prestige Rewards are good BUT definitely NO to #4 !!! NO "safe" hits (would both upset PvPers & NON-PvPers) !!!!

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#4 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 November 2016 - 01:30

It's fine the way it is. I don't see an issue.

If you reduce the reward to 1 prestige, there will be even less normal PvP, thus less Bounty Board action.

#5 KitiaraLi

KitiaraLi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 18 November 2016 - 05:55

I would rather see this:

• for "normal" PvP (gold hits)

10 stam = ZERO Prestige (will counter "prestige trading")

100 stam = 10 Prestige

• for the PvP Lader

10 stam = ZERO Prestige (will counter "prestige trading + already PvP Prestige potion there)

100 stam = 1 Prestige

• for the Bounty Board

10 stam = 1 Prestige

100 stam = 5 Prestige

Prestige Rewards are good BUT definitely NO to #4 !!! NO "safe" hits (would both upset PvPers & NON-PvPers) !!!!

I like this. A lot!

Prestige was meant as a way to get a little extra xp back from hunting if you "lived by the sword" and often got posted for a joyful smacking. Not as something levelers should twist into something they could get a little extra from - as safely as possible.
I recall all the twisting and perverting of the ladder concept (and the pvp event thing - oh and on the smasher medal), and recall who were the most outspoken on the matters, so that they could gain an extra little shiny to their leveling way of game play.
And yeah, that came out a tad bitter - but there might be a reason for that.

Marys suggestion could tweak the prestige system a little back into the direction it was originally meant. My only change would be, to remove prestige from the ladder completely. Same with the smasher medal - that one belonged to the board and normal PvP... but that might just be derailing, so I'll stop :rolleyes:

No one can deny that we changed this game and influenced it in such a way that NO ONE could compete with us.. so much so that they changed the rules. ~Abhorrence, chosen founder of Cerulean Sins

#6 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 06:59

As someone who doesn't PVP, I think prestige is possibly the worst thing about PVP and I would certainly not like to see a stronger link between stam used and prestige gained.

Prestige is the one reward where the target has absolutely no control over their risk. If I get hit for holding too much gold, then more fool me. If I get hit for trashing someone, then again---more fool me. But as a target I have nothing to do with it. The initiator gets rewarded for hitting a target completely at random, and with the target having no way of reducing the risk. That lack of any risk-control is a major source of game-disillusionment for those who won't indulge in PVP, and my vote (if I had one) would most certainly go against making it stronger.

Now, if you wanted to strengthen prestige on a "revenge hit" (to borrow a phrase from a different thread), then I'd be happy to leave you to it.

[N.B. I use "stronger" here to cover both the idea of gaining more prestige, and the idea that more damage should be inflicted to get the current prestige]

#7 Anam Charaid

Anam Charaid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 18 November 2016 - 17:38

As a card carrying, absolute HATER of PvP I vote to leave it as is. If it becomes more advantageous for someone to attack me...well, that would probably signal my final adieu from FS. Just speaking for myself. 

#8 leefylee

leefylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 November 2016 - 18:10

Prestige is the one reward where the target has absolutely no control over their risk.

pvp protection stops prestige hitters

#9 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 18:18

200k for 24 hours protection.

3 mil for27 days.

Gaming life.

#10 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 18:19

From the attack players page:

PvP Prestige is awarded for victories over other players (excluding PvP Arena and GvG) on attacks you initiate. Note you can only gain PvP Prestige from active players (last login < 7 days), if XP loss was applicable and only once in every 3 day period. PvP Prestige can be used to activate a skill on yourself to gain an additional xp boost!

Those with PvP protection are not viable targets, because they cannot lose XP.... Same holds true if conserve (or the protection enhancement) kicks in. No XP loss, no prestige gained.....
And the 3 day rule was instituted to prevent farming and collusion....

So what's the problem? Just a disagreement about greater stam use getting the same amount of prestige... I agree with that. I also feel a successful defense should also gain prestige for the defender....

Edited by BadPenny, 18 November 2016 - 18:21.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#11 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 19:16

pvp protection stops prestige hitters

It is not a risk I create; it is not a risk I have any choice about being created; it is purely a risk you suggest I should pay (through the nose) to remove!

That is precisely why I continue to think that prestige is possibly the worst thing about PVP.

Edited by rowbeth, 18 November 2016 - 19:19.

#12 leefylee

leefylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 November 2016 - 20:23

no, the worst thing about pvp is people who dont/wont partake in it, but still gripe about it

#13 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 20:31

Hoof should put the disclaimer about this game having a PvP element to it back into the the list of what is available here.

Then people can decide if they want to play that part of the game before they make an account.

Edited by Pythia, 18 November 2016 - 20:32.

#14 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 20:58

PvP has ALWAYS been a part of this game. It used to be rich and vibrant. But all the whining about "I got hit, somebody stole my gold" changed it.... PvP was nerfed, dumbed down, whatever you want to call it....

Occasionally, somebody will hit me for prestige, or for the new DQ's. Invariably, I get a note of apology because they are afraid I will retaliate harshly... I lose roughly 220K XP. That amounts to 2 (yes I said 2) critters with dbl 750 and AL 340 (that I compose) and approximately 5K in gold. Not really a lot in the scheme of things....And usually, I don't see that lost XP, because I get 50K an hour in XP gain, and it's been hours since the hit occurred when I log in.

To this day, idk why everybody gets all upset over a 10 stam hit. Do what you decide is best, but in my case, I tell the player who apologized for that DQ or prestige hit that I am honored that they picked me out of all the people in my range, and when it comes my day to do a PvP DQ, I just return the favor....

Now, you can just post a bounty....

But please, don't sweat the petty stuff like 5 hours of XP gain or 2 critters worth of XP and gold.... It's not worth stressing over, more important things happen in life, no?

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#15 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 21:09

Yes, Penny, PvP has always been a part of the game and it used to mention that too.  The PvP notice was removed some time before I made my account and started to play. If had seen that notice, I would not have made an account. I don't think people should be forced to play any aspect of a game they do not want to play because it causes a divide among the player base.

I would like to see the notice put back to give other players the option to make an account or not.

#16 leefylee

leefylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 November 2016 - 21:17

... this is the description of fs.. from hcs page... please read the part ive underlined

About the Game

Join thousands of other adventurers in this constantly evolving web-based massively multiplayer role-playing game set in the fantasy world of Erildath. Along your travels you will encounter fellow players who you can engage in battle against. You may also band together to create a guild, or join one of the many that already exist! With your allies you may partake in guild conflicts or hunt some of the many powerful monsters found across the world.

#17 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 21:21

Wonder when that was worded like that because believe me, I know what it means, and had I read that I would not have made an account.

What I read was about being able to adventure WITH many other players.   Not fight with them.

This is what I read through when I made my account, and there is no mention of PvP in it:

Fallen Sword is a massively multiplayer role playing game set in the exciting and evolving world of Erildath. Players enter the world and explore, adventure across a vast number of realms with thousands of other players.

Fallen Sword is a great game to play on your own or with friends. It has an old school MUD (Multi-User Dungeon) feel to it, with a great combat system. Slice your way through the many dungeons and group with your friends to defeat Legendary creatures.

Game Features:
  • Over a thousand levels worth of content, realms and creatures.
  • State of the art HTML5 canvas game play.
  • A vast array of skills and abilities for your character.
  • Thousands of items and quests to collect.
  • Free to play with no downloads.
  • Trading and auction systems.
  • Variety of exciting community events.
  • Regular updates and improvements.
  • An active and dynamic community of thousands of other players.

Edited by Pythia, 18 November 2016 - 21:25.

#18 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 21:30

I think that is what most people see when they look around and decide to make an account or not. That's the area I would really like to see a sentence about the PvP aspect of the game added to the list of things.  I think it would be very helpful.

Edited by Pythia, 18 November 2016 - 21:31.

#19 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 22:05

Pythia, the description on the HCS has always said that. It said it 10 years ago. The original attack page ALSO said this, and if there wasn't a PvP aspect, why do you think there would be a bounty board?

You were here BEFORE seasons, when we still had that same attack page. When you started this game, you were given FREE PvP protection till level 25 WHICH WASN'T AVAILABLE IN 2007. That should have been a big clue that there would be PvP, that there was a risk of attack, and that there were options in place to protect against any XP loss.... Which, btw, wasn't available until 2009 or 2010...

There was even a questline, about level 40, I think, where you needed a minimum requirement of PvP rating. This quest was changed with the inception of the ladder, and PvP has been watered down again and again, over and over ever since.

Nobody is required to participate in any aspect of the game, except maybe Xindy, because you can't really progress through levels 400-421 without doing that questline or XP gain through (to my knowledge)... You don't have to compose, do the arena, bounty hunt, pay though the nose for tge caves, even leveling can be done while you sleep, albeit slowly. That's one of the good things about FS, that there is so much to do, all F2P, if you so choose.... And several have spent $0, done no shard offers or anything besides level their hearts out, and are at or near EoC....

Edited by BadPenny, 18 November 2016 - 22:20.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#20 leefylee

leefylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 November 2016 - 22:13

also isnt there a mission in tutorial about pvp or am i thinking of ss2 ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: