• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 KrypWalk

KrypWalk

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 20:42

As I had expected. In my ladder, there were 2 players. One player hits once, waits till reset, other person hits, waits till reset. So on and so forth. As I joined the ladder, both of them smack the crap outta me. I'm not complaining as I joined voluntarily but this "pact/alliance" thing in the ladder is really butchering the "ladder". 

"hey bud wanna farm tokens, i hit you once you hit me once" 

Am I the only one who feels this is wrong? There is probably nothing we can do about it but I'm just ranting on the forum. 

#2 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 20:36

Smack the crap out of both of them

#3 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 04 June 2013 - 21:04

Certain players / bands give the whole ladder a bad name. The system is so badly flawed where 1 hit during the whole reset can decide a ladder. 

There are several suggestions to improve it - including one where multiple hits have to have been registered for anyone to win any tokens.

There's too much collusion currently - but, unfortunately, that's not just limited to the PvP ladder :(

(folk see an exploit and utilise it, rather than bring it to the cows attention for rectification)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#4 KrypWalk

KrypWalk

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 21:52

Certain players / bands give the whole ladder a bad name. The system is so badly flawed where 1 hit during the whole reset can decide a ladder. 

There are several suggestions to improve it - including one where multiple hits have to have been registered for anyone to win any tokens.

There's too much collusion currently - but, unfortunately, that's not just limited to the PvP ladder :(

(folk see an exploit and utilise it, rather than bring it to the cows attention for rectification)

Yes Pardoux, exactly. I guess it isn't really in the cows agenda atm to fix the pvp ladder but I'd like to see it fixed in the near future with the idea of a certain amount of registered hits in order to equate tokens. It's far too easy to farm the ladder. It's pretty much broken.

#5 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 22:22

Make it like the carnival games where there is a seat minimum. The more participants, the bigger the prize

#6 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 22:35

the ladder got fixed till it was broken,, thats why its like it is today

#7 aryann

aryann

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 23:50

always is pacts on the ladder especially amonst the pvp guilds and if u dont play how they want u 2 your gonna b bullied...so best not to do ladder at all in my opinion :)

#8 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:37

best get some friends to join in the fun ;) 

this type of play has been around since the beginning.. best thing to do is keep the 100 stams hourly!  :angry:

all HCS needs to do is add rewards here and there, possibly some PvP events where you gain bonus prestige (maybe with every 100 stam with no cooldown with prestige gain?), and take away bounties from the ladder.. would increase some activity which is all the ladder really needs at this point

#9 KrypWalk

KrypWalk

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:58

Make it like the carnival games where there is a seat minimum. The more participants, the bigger the prize

I kinda like the idea of a minimum amount of participants and minimum amount of hits in order to win. 

Say at least 3 or 4 participants or else the ladder won't start. At the moment, 2 is just complete farming.

The minimum amount of hits would be like 5 or some sort. 

#10 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:27

As I had expected. In my ladder, there were 2 players. One player hits once, waits till reset, other person hits, waits till reset. So on and so forth. As I joined the ladder, both of them smack the crap outta me. I'm not complaining as I joined voluntarily but this "pact/alliance" thing in the ladder is really butchering the "ladder". 

"hey bud wanna farm tokens, i hit you once you hit me once" 

Am I the only one who feels this is wrong? There is probably nothing we can do about it but I'm just ranting on the forum. 

This has been going on for awhile. The same can be said of 2 guild mates or 2 guild allies doing the same thing. "lets hit everyone else and not hit each other" pact. Its part of the game.

But it makes playing solo on the ladder impossible. so really its groups fighting it out on the ladder. good observation.

#11 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:31

none of those suggestions would really stop the farming. Plus, pvp has gotten demonized by levelers over the actions of a few psychos that take pvp to the extreme all the time. So less people opt in the ladder.

My Suggestion: Let's Really Mix it Up

If you want to shake it up, remove Opt in. that way everyone has to get involved with it and make it a real competition. But in order for that to work, PvP Protection would have to be removed as well (Deflect works great).

Also, limit of 2 guild mates in any one pvp ladder.

These changes would help out the BB .. since more people would be posted with this change. Also, it makes it more of a real competition.

The downside is inactive people that get smashed a ton. I suppose if you haven't logged into the game in over 24 hours .. you wouldn't get any pvp rating from someone. Also, some people just don't like pvp at all. Those people would have to deflect up and make it UNPROFITABLE for them to be hit.

#12 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:04

hit them back on the hour that what i do if someone attacks me ... pvp in this game is a joke is just people bullying others

#13 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:12

none of those suggestions would really stop the farming. Plus, pvp has gotten demonized by levelers over the actions of a few psychos that take pvp to the extreme all the time. So less people opt in the ladder.

My Suggestion: Let's Really Mix it Up

If you want to shake it up, remove Opt in. that way everyone has to get involved with it and make it a real competition. But in order for that to work, PvP Protection would have to be removed as well (Deflect works great).

Also, limit of 2 guild mates in any one pvp ladder.

These changes would help out the BB .. since more people would be posted with this change. Also, it makes it more of a real competition.

The downside is inactive people that get smashed a ton. I suppose if you haven't logged into the game in over 24 hours .. you wouldn't get any pvp rating from someone. Also, some people just don't like pvp at all. Those people would have to deflect up and make it UNPROFITABLE for them to be hit.

You seem to be contradicting yourself... First you say none of these ideas would prevent farming... then you say force everyone to opt in... THAT is a recipe for farming. What is wrong with making the ladder similar to arena where you need a minimum to start but with no maximum number of participants. Make the rewards fluctuate based on the number of participants... the more people, the bigger the reward... and if you can survive that cage match, you deserve the big prizes. BUT take my suggestion with a gigantic boulder of salt as this comes from someone who sucks at both aspects of the game (Arena and ladder)

#14 Bruut

Bruut

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:24

ok i have been reading up on this post but stayed away from commenting but i am reading some suggestions that are probably meant to help and solve a problem some steps in the ladder seem to have .... BUT:

Being on a working part of the ladder I have to say having only 2 people on it can be tougher to play and win then having 10. If both players are going for their medal-time and tokens and are geared and buffed to fight and defend and there are no other players to 'steal' rating from when their buffs wear out. Making a minimum number of players will just turn it into an endless waiting game just like the arena is, worst case scenario it would die completely because the same 2 players from that 'pact' are the only ones opting in or even worse four players crave to go at each other but cant cause rules say we need 5 O.o

I like the idea of rewards being linked to number of participants, sounds fair and might discourage players from lurking for some tokens. 

I like the idea of minimum number of hits, a player has to do X x "total number of players on ladder" hits to qualify for getting a reward.

But does 10 stam hit count as much as a 100stam hit :?

Maybe a ladder attack should always be 100 stam, only times i used 10 stam was by accident, forgot to move the slider. You could argue that with your last 48 stam you could gain 1st place again there for need the option to do an attack with less then 100. But making 100stam minimum for ladder hits together with minimum number of hits will demand more commitment to play the ladder and make farming it for tokens and medal less profitable. Might actually turn out to be too demanding and no one will play again .... 

anyways what i wanted to say most is be carefull what we suggest as more rules and restrictions to prevent the abuse by some might ruin it for the bits that are working. And the best thing for the ladder i think would be many more players joining, i think it would work perfect then.

avimax_zps9d2c373f.jpg

#15 PrinceKash

PrinceKash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 15:45

Ahh... This game is all about pacts.. This guild can't hit this guild...that player can't hit that player... What's new? I say if the 2 pvp players hit you hit them back. Simple?

#16 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 June 2013 - 16:15

You seem to be contradicting yourself... First you say none of these ideas would prevent farming... then you say force everyone to opt in... THAT is a recipe for farming. What is wrong with making the ladder similar to arena where you need a minimum to start but with no maximum number of participants. Make the rewards fluctuate based on the number of participants... the more people, the bigger the reward... and if you can survive that cage match, you deserve the big prizes. BUT take my suggestion with a gigantic boulder of salt as this comes from someone who sucks at both aspects of the game (Arena and ladder)

I'm not contradicting myself at all. I'm saying everyone should be involved with the ladder to some extent. Meaning everyone would be a target. If you don't like it, then you strike back or bounty or both. (NOTE: I'm actually for the removal of bountying for ladder hits, but if Opt In is removed then I would be okay with pvp ladder hits being bountyable.)

People will get farmed regardless on the pvp ladder .. don't think any change will fix that.

My suggestion was geared towards reducing "team play" and "ladder pacts / deals". That kind of farming.

@Bruut, 10 stam hits are used when 1) your not confident you will win (cloak can make it pretty difficult); 2) You have a sizable lead on your opponent and are just creating extra room between them and you. If your rating is 150 or 200 higher than them, you get about the same rating with a 10 stam hit as you would a 100 stam hit. Comes up a lot when ladders have 4 or more players. But in smaller ladders, not so much.

#17 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 16:31

I'm not contradicting myself at all. I'm saying everyone should be involved with the ladder to some extent. Meaning everyone would be a target. If you don't like it, then you strike back or bounty or both. (NOTE: I'm actually for the removal of bountying for ladder hits, but if Opt In is removed then I would be okay with pvp ladder hits being bountyable.)

People will get farmed regardless on the pvp ladder .. don't think any change will fix that.

My suggestion was geared towards reducing "team play" and "ladder pacts / deals". That kind of farming.

@Bruut, 10 stam hits are used when 1) your not confident you will win (cloak can make it pretty difficult); 2) You have a sizable lead on your opponent and are just creating extra room between them and you. If your rating is 150 or 200 higher than them, you get about the same rating with a 10 stam hit as you would a 100 stam hit. Comes up a lot when ladders have 4 or more players. But in smaller ladders, not so much.

I could almost like your idea but it should be true ladder style... you get more points for beating people at the top of the ladder then farming the non-participants. Almost like leveling... you could beat up on the weak players (like rats) and get 1 point per win... or go against the top 10 on the ladder (like titans or se's) and gain lots o' points. You survive that blood bath at the top, and you deserve an epic.

#18 KrypWalk

KrypWalk

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 16:36

Ahh... This game is all about pacts.. This guild can't hit this guild...that player can't hit that player... What's new? I say if the 2 pvp players hit you hit them back. Simple?

Yes, I know. It's not the fact that I can't hit back, it was the slight unfairness I saw in the "player vs player" aspect of it which seems to butcher the point of the ladder. Its more of "group vs player"

#19 The Forgotten One

The Forgotten One

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 13 June 2013 - 16:45

i think y'all are starting to think that the everyday gameplay is becoming your new reality so its time for you to just remember that this is a game folks you win some you lose some.you get hit knocked down or killed you come back and do it to someone else etc,etc and if you really really don't like it well you know where the door is c-ya later good bye and don't let the door hit you in the $#@ on the way out. (p.s.-yo KrypWalk c-walk on these fools you know how we do it bro bk all day long,cuzz)

#20 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 17:04

Nice attitude Voll.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana